Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I haven’t participated in an ICSA/NICSA since I was like 22 and depending on how complicated/cost I’d love to participate, it’d be a lovely distraction from the continued hell year. If nothing else I’d be cheerleading everyone.

tl:dr; yes please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I’d definitely fall into the Newbie category, but I’ll give anything a try.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I. M. Gei posted:

SO, let’s talk ICSA 71!

I’m working on getting my activity and medication situations straightened out within the next month and a half (weight loss issues have been delaying the med part but I may be about to turn a corner there), during which I expect to finish that drat chili thread that nobody except me and Scientastic care about but gently caress you I’mma do it anyway.

After that, with COVID apparently lightening up everywhere and food not being as tough to get as it was this time last year, how would y’all feel about doing ICSA 71 in April or early May?

Scientastic pinged me to do this, so I will do this.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I. M. Gei posted:

ICSA 71 in April or early May?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well to be fair, they didn't specify what year.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

If it hasn't materialized by June, I'm just going to roll my own.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I'll post up a June cook or die once I figure it what I want to share.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

If yall don't figure this out, I'm putting one together.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Liquid Communism posted:

If it hasn't materialized by June, I'm just going to roll my own.

Sorry, our money situation recently got pretty dire and I’ve been busy with other things. I won’t be able to host an ICSA for a little while, and it’s doubtful I that can even afford to participate in one. I can finish my chili thread but that’s about it.

I’ll host an ICSA eventually, but for now y’all are free to do one in my absence.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

That sucks. I'll put in $50 towards prizes for whoever has the time to organize. Either make that the prize budget or add it and make the prizes nicer than normal.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
So how about that icsa?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Mentioned this in the Discord but I'll put one together. It'll probably go up first week of January, no sense in trying to get it done while so many folks are already scrambling for the holidays. Stay tuned.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Shooting Blanks posted:

Mentioned this in the Discord but I'll put one together. It'll probably go up first week of January, no sense in trying to get it done while so many folks are already scrambling for the holidays. Stay tuned.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Be gentle, it’ll be my first time :blush:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

This is a hell of a post/username combo :stare:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

You never forget your first ICSA. Mine was corn, and my wife almost divorced me.

I included a drink made by simmering corn in apple juice for several hours.

She doesn’t like corn.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

For those who just read via bookmarks, we've got a new ICSA starting!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

It's been over a year since the last ICSA, would there be any appetite (LOL) for a new one? I was picking fruits and vegetables in my garden earlier, and I thought of something that might be fun.

And useful to me, as a way of getting ideas for what to do with the glut of - I've said too much.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I’d love for ICSA/NICSA to start back up and am happy to help with whatever mod actions are needed but am too busy at work to plan/run one myself at the moment. I’m sure I can get the admins to hand out some plat/av changes or whatever as prizes plus maybe a mystery prize :question:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'd happily be part of whatever! I can't start it because I am incapable of starting that sort of thing, any thread I make dies immediately. I actually think I even tried to start a tortilla challenge that didn't go anywhere, once. So I'm gonna hang back here and hope someone with charisma can do this.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
I would participate or help organize if needed

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

THREAD IS UP

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
At the request of the OP, Iron Chef Battle 73: Courgette is going travelling across the forums!

The direct link is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037390

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The thread is now in GBS.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

How soon is too soon to host one of these? I have some fall inspired ideas, but that may be too close to the one Sci just ran.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I’d enter it!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I have no issue with another ICSA or NICSA being posted soonish, a NICSA might get more people from other forums if we choose to spaceship around again, people are rightfully in awe of GWS posters :chef:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Something Basic has been posted for NICSA 21 deadline on Oct 31!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Booooooooooooooo NICSA

I may just decide to cook regardless of the fact I can’t enter

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The NCISA thread is currently in forum: GBS to drum up some interest!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Please do not be frightened but the NICSA thread is currently in: The Haunted Clubhouse

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4043167

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Shake the dice and steal the rice! The NICSA thread is now in Traditional Games!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4043167

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I loved these when I did them before. A bit late in the day for this one but I hope they pick up again so I can enter the next one.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Has there been a Thanksgiving N/ICSA yet?

Might be kinda hard to do since most people (in America :911:) only make that kinda food one day a year (maybe two if they do it again on Christmas or something), but maybe some goons would be brave enough to do a micro version for an ICSA in the weeks before and after actual Thanksgiving?

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 29, 2023

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'd be down to enter.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

NICSA 22: Pumpkin Spice - Voting thread is up!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I've been thinking about this.

I don't have much in the way of cash, but I don't mind setting aside $20 or so a month to run some of these. Monthly, or more-probably bi-monthy, with a newbie one thrown in every now and again? I had fun doing it, and I can think of all sorts of things I'd like to see made. I figure the more regular they are, the more people will get into it, and it won't have to always be the same people running. People up for that?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Nettle Soup posted:

I've been thinking about this.

I don't have much in the way of cash, but I don't mind setting aside $20 or so a month to run some of these. Monthly, or more-probably bi-monthy, with a newbie one thrown in every now and again? I had fun doing it, and I can think of all sorts of things I'd like to see made. I figure the more regular they are, the more people will get into it, and it won't have to always be the same people running. People up for that?

I am down for contributing dollars to a fund to do these more frequently. They are hella fun.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I'll set something up around the beginning of the next month, then. Bi-monthly seems good. I don't know about funds, we'll see how this one goes and how I feel about it and then talk about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
I've ever done a NICSA, but I would like to try, I'll keep an eye out.

I can also Paypal $ to a prize fund.