Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

psychokitty posted:

I like my NICSA idea... but our american holiday is awfully close... I guess it could start in a week and end after that holiday? My ICSA idea is better for spring, so I'll still volunteer for that.

Do it. I'll find time to cook. Or just do it as part of Thanksgiving.

Brawnfire posted:

Speak ye of St. Swithin's Day?

We could do a sweet potato/squash one, that would be fun.

Had to google St. Swithin's day. Goodness, wonder if that has any relation to the insane summer rains we had here this year.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Cranberry sounds fun. Will it be multiple courses, or just one dish?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

jvick posted:

Do these still happen? I’d totally be up for the NICSA. I’m by no means a pro, and am just starting to get into cooking.

I was just thinking of one this very minute. So good to have found my drift compatible. I must ponder a bit more before committing.

edit: poo poo wait I had a good idea 3 years, 3 months, and 1 day ago let me see how I feel about this when I'm not drinking brandy

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 24, 2019

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
GUYS I JUST STOPPED DRINKING

Nah kidding. I was actually just finishing my pm to LC when the loving power went out, then I spent two days thinking I had sent the PM, and that I was being ignored. Until I just checked my pms and realized that not only did I not send it, but the draft wasn't saved either. Hahaaaaaaaaa. But I'm excited for beans!

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 27, 2019

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
To avoid risk of burnout (which I saw happen with the last round of NISCA/ICSA threads), I will be posting my NICSA challenge APRIL 1ST, to give everyone breathing and planning room between challenges. And I am keeping it a secret till then, unless you can use the many clues I have sprinkled throughout my post history to guess what it is.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Nephzinho posted:

Looking forward to it, though god knows if I'll have time during April unless I say gently caress it to family easter and you run it long enough. A few GWS posters are on the 90fm trivia team and that is the entire second weekend ofthe month.

Well, it's a NISCA, so it's a one disher.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Hey y'all, prepare those tastebuds. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886050

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

I felt vindicated by that. Also, you are all cowards (except TheCog and I.M. Gei)