Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is there, like, a good way to get inspired for bean battle? I’ve wanted to do an ICSA for awhile, but I’m creatively challenged and I don’t know much about beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I really hope the next NICSA theme is what I think it is, because if it is then I already have several kickass recipes for every course ready and waiting.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Next ICSA/NICSA when

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Liquid Communism posted:

If you want to volunteer to run one, be my guest.

I won't have the ability to run one myself until mid August thanks to work travel.

I’d prefer to participate in one right now, but I might run one later when I have time and money for prizes.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I don’t know what tapas are, but I could probably do something with that.

Anchovies, not so much.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

That reminds me, I’m hosting the next ICSA and I think you’re all gonna like the theme I’m leaning toward. :mrgw:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Scientastic posted:

ICSA 70: what’ve you got?

I plan to post ICSA 70 either shortly after the first day of Spring or toward the end of March/beginning of April. Probably the latter. Right now I have a home improvement project I’m rushing to finish that’s eating up all of my time, but I should be done with that in a couple of days.

I may end up having to change the theme I had in mind due to all this COVID-19 poo poo. Thankfully I have a list of backup options ready and waiting, all of which should work.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 19, 2020

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Your point has been noted

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Just so y’all know, I haven’t forgotten about ICSA 70. I just have something else going on at the moment that needs most of my attention.

:3:

I might need to have a quick chat with Liquid Communism about the timing though. Mods aren’t allowed to compete in ICSAs, right?

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 27, 2020

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Liquid Communism posted:

Go for it! I've been holding off a bit on ICSA pushes because I know it's hard for folks to get ingredients right now between the industry being a trash fire and quarantines.

This is exactly why I haven’t done ICSA 70 yet. COVID is loving everyone’s poo poo up and I want to make sure that getting food and just being safe in general aren’t gonna be issues for people. Especially here in America where everything is going right to hell cuz our people are all complete loving shitbrained idiot untermenschen and our leaders are actively making it worse on purpose.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

SO, let’s talk ICSA 71!

I’m working on getting my activity and medication situations straightened out within the next month and a half (weight loss issues have been delaying the med part but I may be about to turn a corner there), during which I expect to finish that drat chili thread that nobody except me and Scientastic care about but gently caress you I’mma do it anyway.

After that, with COVID apparently lightening up everywhere and food not being as tough to get as it was this time last year, how would y’all feel about doing ICSA 71 in April or early May?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Liquid Communism posted:

If it hasn't materialized by June, I'm just going to roll my own.

Sorry, our money situation recently got pretty dire and I’ve been busy with other things. I won’t be able to host an ICSA for a little while, and it’s doubtful I that can even afford to participate in one. I can finish my chili thread but that’s about it.

I’ll host an ICSA eventually, but for now y’all are free to do one in my absence.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Has there been a Thanksgiving N/ICSA yet?

Might be kinda hard to do since most people (in America :911:) only make that kinda food one day a year (maybe two if they do it again on Christmas or something), but maybe some goons would be brave enough to do a micro version for an ICSA in the weeks before and after actual Thanksgiving?

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm out of money and can't contribute to a prize, but if you want ideas for themes I have a few that I don't think have been done before.

• Apples
• Peaches
• Sandwiches (all definitions :unsmigghh:)

The first two are probably best done later in the year when the fruits are in season, but sandwiches oughta be a fun time.