Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Rirse posted:

And then they introduce human Brian and the parrerel timeline from "Road to the Multiverse" is revealed to be the future!

"Oh my God, I was wrong
It was Earth all along
You've finally made a canine
(Yes we finally made a canine)
Yes you've finally made a canine out of meeeee!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Christmas Guy

Peter tries to show Carter how great Christmas is after he cancels the town's Christmas carnival out of sheer hatred for the holiday.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Slightly longer logline from Fox's website:

"When Carter Pewterschmidt cancels the annual Quahog Christmas carnival, because he hates the holiday, Peter must transform his father-in-law from a Scrooge into a hometown hero in order to salvage the event. Meanwhile, Stewie devises a master plan to get the one and only thing he wants for Christmas."

Which is most likely Brian.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm going to wait for the DVR for this.

If it turns out Brian is back? I'll likely tune into the show for the rest of it's run.

If not? Not going to watch.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm going to wait for the DVR for this.

If it turns out Brian is back? I'll likely tune into the show for the rest of it's run.

If not? Not going to watch.

Canada got it early, Brian's back.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Die, Vinny, Die!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Mister Kingdom posted:

Die, Vinny, Die!

"Oh" yourself to death!

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Family Guy Season 12: Vinny is Dead (or lives), No One Cares

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
That Stewie stuff was funny.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Carter Pewterschmidt in "A Brazzers Christmas"

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
Huh. Different dog.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun
This new dog sucks.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
And Brian lives.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
Okay Brian you got a second chance, so stop being a douche nozzle.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Mister E posted:

Ha, that WOULD be a Christmas miracle.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
Dammit, I'll miss Vinny. I get I'll be the only one, but he was a nice touch, would have loved one season with him, have him travel the multi-verse, deal with Quagmire, etc.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Mister E posted:

He's now just gonna stare at Stewie like a creep.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

So how did they bring him back? Didn't watch it yet.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

LazyDivey posted:

So how did they bring him back? Didn't watch it yet.
In the episode where Brian dies there was a cutaway gag of Stewie traveling into the future to buy a toy at Christmas. Present day Stewie steals the time machine from that Stewie and saves Brian. Argyle pretty much predicted it three weeks ago:

Argyle posted:

That cutaway with Stewie traveling to Christmas seems awful suspicious, when there's a Christmas episode coming up in a couple weeks. That places a Stewie with a working time machine just a few weeks into the future. I know cutaways can be non-canon, but with Christmas right around the corner it felt very deliberate.

I bet Vinnie is around for a couple episodes, then we get a Christmas miracle.

Nice call on that, by the way.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 16, 2013

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Man, I got played good. Now I get that I wasn't really feeling the "Stewie making peace with loss and the other dog" at the end of last episode because I wasn't supposed to.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Bob Loblaw posted:

Dammit, I'll miss Vinny. I get I'll be the only one, but he was a nice touch, would have loved one season with him, have him travel the multi-verse, deal with Quagmire, etc.

I kind of liked Vinny and the part where he was trying to be Brian was actually pretty nice for a show that doesn't really care about character moments.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I really expected Stewie to return to his own time only for Vinnie and Brian to both be there.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

E the Shaggy posted:

And Brian lives.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
gently caress you MacFarlane, Brian sucks.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
UGHHHHHHH

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Hogburto posted:

Man, I got played good. Now I get that I wasn't really feeling the "Stewie making peace with loss and the other dog" at the end of last episode because I wasn't supposed to.

The episode in between where Vinny is main cast, he's noticeably unbearable, as if to make you miss Brian more.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Are we going to get any more Vinny? I loving love Tony Sirico and he had some great lines. "I want a cologne that a broad can smell from her fire escape."

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

escape artist posted:

Are we going to get any more Vinny? I loving love Tony Sirico and he had some great lines. "I want a cologne that a broad can smell from her fire escape."

I would not be surprised if they encounter Vinny again. It would be great to have Vinny remember the alternate timeline.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

escape artist posted:

Maybe Joe will adopt Vinny. Cop human, mob dog, it could work.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Mister E posted:

Maybe Joe will adopt Vinny. Cop human, mob dog, it could work.

Or better yet, Quagmire could adopt him to spite Brian.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Or better yet, Quagmire could adopt him to spite Brian.

Too much of a cat guy at this point I think.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Too much of a cat guy at this point I think.

Yeah, but as much as he hates Brian, I think he'd make an exception.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

escape artist posted:

Deadline said Tony Sirico had recorded six episodes with the option for more, so he'll pop up again a few times at least.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

I love how this season of Family Guy didn't even have a drat thread until Brian died and now people are talking about Family Guy.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

escape artist posted:

Herbert the Pervert's dog is a pretty much dead already, and I'm sure there are some jokes to be made with that arrangement.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Mort could use a dog.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Randandal posted:

I love how this season of Family Guy didn't even have a drat thread until Brian died and now people are talking about Family Guy.
This thread will probably die out unless they do something crazy again.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
How did the Return Pad send him right to the street? I thought it went back to the time machine. Wasn't it destroyed at that point.

That's it, my immersion in the world of Family Guy is ruined!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A reminder that there's still time to help commemorate this important historical event by contributing to the crowdfunding campaign for a Brian Griffin Memorial Statue. Although the campaign creator has set the project goal to $10,000 (which I guess is the absolute minimum required for sculpting, casting and installing a lifesize bronze statue) he's set the project to 'flexible funding' so I guess he'll do the best he can with whatever he receives. At the moment he might be able to afford a Brian plush doll at the post Xmas sales and a can of bronze spraypaint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Good episode, liked it. Pasted the wrong one at the end but you know what, keeping it. The blur looks hilarious in larger resolution.

• Locked thread