Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Samovar posted:

Not too much to say here that hasn't already been said about the plot, music and characters, i.e. dumb, overtly-serious, unlikeable. I will say that the aesthetics of Limbo are actually REALLY interesting and unique; and a hell of a lot more engaging than other locales from the DmC games.

Oh yeah, the voice-acting is bad, too. Although somebody changed the V.A.'s to Spanish and the music to a more... latino theme. And the game becomes AMAZING. (linked videos contain spoilers... though you aren't really missing much, I guess)

I keep noticing more stupid details and it keeps cracking me up. Vergil's absurd moustache is the best thing, and the only shame is that it isn't actually modelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
And hopefully even finish it! I remember a long while back accountingnightmare started a DMC4 LP and got about halfway through before abandoning it, sadly. Wish she'd get back to it, she broke that game over her knee.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Did you guys just get suckered into playing the entire franchise? Or at least working backwards until you succumb to tedium?

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I couldn't stand Nero's stupid loving Red Queen rev-when-striking mechanic, but that's is probably largely because I could NEVER get the timing right. (bad at video games) The timing window to get the charge was miniscule, so eventually I just gave up entirely and figured that I'd just got ahead and take a little longer to kill everything rather than frustrate myself trying to figure out how to get consistent revs. If it was a little more forgiving, it could've been great, but as it was, gently caress it.

Devil bring was still sweet as hell though.

• Locked thread