Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
This game. This goddamn game. It's no wonder Ninja Theory is moving to mobile game business. Luckily you don't have to like a game to enjoy a LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

TCat posted:

Wait, people hated this game because of the gameplay?
I was under the impression people hated it for literally everything else.

Ninja Theory made a lot mistakes when designing the gameplay. First, they completely messed up the physics of Jump Canceling, which has been considered the defining gameplay feature of the series since DMC3. Second, color coded enemies, which are completely invulnerable to specific weapons. The bosses are atrocious, both in design and mechanics. The weapons aren't really balanced and since the game lacks inherent challenge, higher difficulties just resort to annoying enemy combinations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I forgot how utterly ridiculous the grading system is in this game.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Neruz posted:

Vergil's staying in the background makes perfect sense in context though; Vergil is being the bait. He's trying to draw as much attention away from Dante as possible at this point in the story.

..Wait what? Mundus does not even know Vergil exists. If he's trying to draw attention, he's doing a horrible job. Besides, you don't see Mundus talking about "that Anonymous hacker dude is getting on my nerves". Instead in every cutscene he's rambling about Dante.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 3, 2014

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

If you are going to summarize DmC as "it's an action game, who cares", then even at that level it fails miserably. If the only goal of the game is to provide great action, then it better be one hell of a experience.

The game's combat is passable but nothing about it gives you the feeling of excitement as let's say... Metal Gear Rising. Not only the game's combat is tremendous fun but everything from character designs, music, "Mind if I cut in?" one liners and awesome Katana-Fu during cutscenes triggers "Awwwww yeah" reaction from the player.

Okay, enough talk about MGR. We know that game is awesome already.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

George posted:

one of the DMC trilogy

Not exactly the best choice of words

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

Having watched the director commentary videos on the developer's site, I'm pretty sure Bayonetta is not meant to be a parody in that way. They were definitely trying to unironically make Bayonetta a sexy character. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but she is what she is.

And they are completely honest about it.

Frankly, I don't have a problem with characters whose defining feature is to be sexy and completely over-the-top about it. It's funny, entertaining and fits the mood and humour of the game perfectly. It's the unrelated and completely out-of-place male service that's more annoying. As a good example, the director of the Psycho Pass anime adaption banned the use of "moe" and other similar anime trends because it had no place in the narrative.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

As much as I dislike this game, all the conversations regarding this scene always manage to puzzle me. The game establishes well before this chapter that Vergil is a huge dick. He is not a nice person nor does he ever show any sort of emotion or empathy towards anything but his own brother. He's an evil person doing evil things.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Mar 12, 2014

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

And that man is a on a vengeful crusade with Soul Sacrifice, Mighty no.9 and Azure Striker Gunvolt beating Capcom at their own game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Aah!~

Someone actually approved that recording and said "Alright, people, that's a wrap".

Also, the obligatory "This game is poo poo". Ugh.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 17, 2014

• Locked thread