Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
That's good. Do you have any advice on how to solve logic puzzles? I can spot the obviously wrong ones, but most of the time I just end up guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
^^^^^
e: There's one piece of information you need in order to solve them that isn't really mentioned. The condition you need to find (ie click a true statement) then the number of statements for that condition outweigh the other one. So randomly clicking after saving (and reload if you fail, since you lose half a logic level for a wrong answer!) is not a terrible strategy, and otherwise you just have to work your way through until you find a body of statements that reinforce a certain conclusion that puts you over half. If there are 5 statements, and 1 of them being true makes 2 others true, then you can safely click on any of them for true, and the 1 for false since if you want a false and that 1 being true makes more than half true when more than half have to be false, it must be false itself.

I'm sure there are more tricks to it but after a while my eyes glaze over

Kyrosiris posted:

So maybe you can recommend what I need to do next, Eldercain: I finally got past the stupid glass chip barrier and have glass block production (currently 31/1), but I've kinda stalled out around here.

Should I just try to save up castles and poo poo and hope to pop an ASHF on Free Advice and start the ceiling stuff?

Honestly, as long as you don't have your blast furnace doing glass you should be able to pop it up pretty fast. 28P is pretty close to the ~35 you need to get free advice, so especially if you can get two more sand levels above current and almost fill it so you can get it with the relatively garunteed one at automation time. Once you get it, you can switch back to glass furnacing if you want because the castle/sand cost of the first 3 ceilings is inconsequential, and once you get to 3 you'll jump up to yotta at least in short order, and it's all accumulating glass for further ceilings from there.

philbr posted:

edit: May I suggest at least mentioning the Kitty Clicker script in the OP? The first few kitties I hunted myself, but after that the early game tedium might have been too much to handle without that script.

Yeah I probably should. I actually meant to. I don't use one myself so I don't have links to anything, but I can throw that in there because I know it's a matter of taste whether people want to use them or not.

Also logic levels go real slow unless you have a crapload of glass. It's something like 1k blocks to buy the caged cat, and I think you feed him 40 for a puzzle and +5 for every subsequent use. Focus on the glass production and get whatever coincidental ones you can. FWIW there is also an auto-solver script for them the way there is an auto kitty clicker, but once again I don't have any links to any.

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 27, 2013

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

This is the one that Sunblood posted in the cookie thread: http://pastebin.com/dKFneHu5

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Thanks. Hope this Logicat one works. I like some of the other mechanics in the game, but logicats is a bit too taxing for my mind right now.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Inadequately posted:

Thanks. Hope this Logicat one works. I like some of the other mechanics in the game, but logicats is a bit too taxing for my mind right now.

If they were always 4-5 statements long it'd be ok for me. Once I get to G I check for any obvious ones (a is true and a is false :shepface:) and if there aren't any I guess and move on.

e: put some basic instructions for people what are not coders in the OP

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 27, 2013

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Kyrosiris posted:

This is the one that Sunblood posted in the cookie thread: http://pastebin.com/dKFneHu5

Yeah that's my script. I'm not great at Javascript so unless you have a really simple request, I'm probably not gonna help. Also I change the script at that link all the time without warning so it'd be best to make your own copy while it works!

(i am not good with the public)
(hence why i play sandcastle builder)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sunblood posted:

Yeah that's my script. I'm not great at Javascript so unless you have a really simple request, I'm probably not gonna help. Also I change the script at that link all the time without warning so it'd be best to make your own copy while it works!

(i am not good with the public)
(hence why i play sandcastle builder)

I actually do have a request/complaint/bug report: It seems to break the auto-clicking if I manually ninja (like for Ninja Shortcomings). Any ideas why?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kyrosiris posted:

I actually do have a request/complaint/bug report: It seems to break the auto-clicking if I manually ninja (like for Ninja Shortcomings). Any ideas why?

Does it start functioning again once the npb is no longer ninja'd? It looks like in his loop he checks to make sure the npb are not in the active state, but I assume their ninja state is different from the regular one so I assume that it'll only be a problem for a short while when you're actively trying to ninja yourself, which shouldn't be a big deal for part of one NP. If not, just reload the page/script after you do your ninja NP and it should be fine.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Eldercain posted:

Does it start functioning again once the npb is no longer ninja'd? It looks like in his loop he checks to make sure the npb are not in the active state, but I assume their ninja state is different from the regular one so I assume that it'll only be a problem for a short while when you're actively trying to ninja yourself, which shouldn't be a big deal for part of one NP. If not, just reload the page/script after you do your ninja NP and it should be fine.

Nope. Didn't even start working again after I full-refreshed (Ctrl-F5) and re-entered the script. :iiam:

Maybe it'll work again after the ONG and npbs process.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kyrosiris posted:

Nope. Didn't even start working again after I full-refreshed (Ctrl-F5) and re-entered the script. :iiam:

Maybe it'll work again after the ONG and npbs process.

Yeah I'd wait. I assume there's some sequence of states they're in and maybe ninja'ing them fucks with it.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Kyrosiris posted:

The autoclick is watching the variable 'Molpy.npbONG' which is either 0 (nbps are working, don't click) or 1 (npbs are done, click away) and if you ninja them, the variable doesn't get reset to 1 until the next ONG. You can either wait it out or change the variable yourself by typing 'Molpy.npbONG = 1' into the console. Case sensitive.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sunblood posted:

The autoclick is watching the variable 'Molpy.npbONG' which is either 0 (nbps are working, don't click) or 1 (npbs are done, click away) and if you ninja them, the variable doesn't get reset to 1 until the next ONG. You can either wait it out or change the variable yourself by typing 'Molpy.npbONG = 1' into the console. Case sensitive.

Aha. Sweet, thank you.

Edit: And yeah, seems like it took off on its own again after the ONG/npb process. :ms:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
It's odd that that doesn't change. I wonder if going from 0-1 is what triggers the stealth mechanic and the automation runs and everything.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

This is probably a dumb question, but can the DORD make a glass ceiling level available for purchase if I haven't done the gimmick for it? (like, I have 0 and 1 bought and active, can/will 2 be revealed or do I need to lock 0?)

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Surprisingly enough, clicking towards the upper portion of the Pix makes it possible to get in multiple clicks before the Pix goes on cooldown.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kyrosiris posted:

This is probably a dumb question, but can the DORD make a glass ceiling level available for purchase if I haven't done the gimmick for it? (like, I have 0 and 1 bought and active, can/will 2 be revealed or do I need to lock 0?)

Glass ceilings become DoRD boosts once you have ceiling broken. They all convert from the tagged item version to a version that only shows up in hill people tech. If you lock them or molpy down they'll unlock through DoRD, but before you get the badge you have to play the game.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Eldercain posted:

Glass ceilings become DoRD boosts once you have ceiling broken. They all convert from the tagged item version to a version that only shows up in hill people tech. If you lock them or molpy down they'll unlock through DoRD, but before you get the badge you have to play the game.

Ah, so ceiling 2 won't show up until I lock ceiling 0, assuming I have ceiling 0 and 1 right now?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kyrosiris posted:

Ah, so ceiling 2 won't show up until I lock ceiling 0, assuming I have ceiling 0 and 1 right now?

Yeah. You should wait until you have enough glass for 3 and below (lock 0, unlock 2 (30), buy 0 (10), lock 1, lock 0, buy 3 (40), buy 0 (10) buy 1 (20)) for a total of 110 blocks, or 44 with ASHF. As soon as you get ASHF you should do this as fast as possible, and with 10 mNP you should have plenty of time to do it. You can probably sit on 3 for a while and make some big gain, and then slowly jump up. I went up in 2s since it's slightly cheaper to go from one to the next glasswise, but you won't likely have ASHF for everything past maybe 4. the ones that hit castle tools are pretty huge, and 7 in particular should be the next goal. You can sit on that until you're ready for the absolute slog that is getting 9.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Eldercain posted:

Yeah. You should wait until you have enough glass for 3 and below (lock 0, unlock 2 (30), buy 0 (10), lock 1, lock 0, buy 3 (40), buy 0 (10) buy 1 (20)) for a total of 110 blocks, or 44 with ASHF. As soon as you get ASHF you should do this as fast as possible, and with 10 mNP you should have plenty of time to do it. You can probably sit on 3 for a while and make some big gain, and then slowly jump up. I went up in 2s since it's slightly cheaper to go from one to the next glasswise, but you won't likely have ASHF for everything past maybe 4. the ones that hit castle tools are pretty huge, and 7 in particular should be the next goal. You can sit on that until you're ready for the absolute slog that is getting 9.

Yeah, I figured that 0, 3, and 7 are the Important Ones. Thanks for the prices, by the way.

Edit: Hahaha, I haven't even re-bought 1 and my trebuchets are making 3.4P castles now.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 27, 2013

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Eldercain posted:

For the haters: this is made by one dude likely in a basement, with a few internet volunteers who have coded up a module or two as well. Since I'm guessing his adless page probably generates ~0 dollars for him to hire a designer with, and it's likely this guy doesn't have a huge pool of friends to pull artists out of, he gets a pass on the graphics. It's pretty common for games like that to look like poo poo. See: every idle game other than cookie clicker.

This game couldn't make Daily Fifth on Newgrounds in 2002. We've lived in a free online game world for almost a decade now, there's no excuse for really basic, glaring problems.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

quote:

ONG!
13.342 Exa Castles Built

Hahaha holy poo poo, glass ceilings are ridiculous. Time to buy Phonesaw!

Edit: oh jesus, VJ is worth so many castles now holy gently caress

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 28, 2013

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
God drat I always get the Affordable Swedish Home Furniture redundakitty boost immediately after I buy something I've been saving up for and don't have anything approaching enough castles to buy anything.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
^^ I usually wait and most of my purchases are things I can barely afford WITH ASHF. It's a good practice to wait unless it's incredibly cheap for your income.

Kyrosiris posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo, glass ceilings are ridiculous. Time to buy Phonesaw!

Yep. It explodes after this. Focus on getting that glass going and getting logicats so you can start getting those up. Phonesaw is only good for a glimmering moment while you're still in exa, but it's pretty good there. I made good progress keeping my tools price close to income/100. For a while your sand will explode ahead before coming back in.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
So at the moment I'm on Infinity Castles and can ususally hit Infinity Sand by the end of a Longpix - what should I be focusing on now? I'm not really sure how exactly using chips to buy glass tools works, nor am I sure what the point of doing so is considering the infinity part.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Pidmon posted:

So at the moment I'm on Infinity Castles and can ususally hit Infinity Sand by the end of a Longpix - what should I be focusing on now? I'm not really sure how exactly using chips to buy glass tools works, nor am I sure what the point of doing so is considering the infinity part.

I'm not actually that far myself, but I believe there are upgrades to make your tools start producing glass instead of sand/castles.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I'm not sure either but I think the goal is to hit infinite sand per mNP so you can get the sand to glass boost.

e: the trick is buckets and trebs for that afaik

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 28, 2013

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Heads up: There's an update, and it changes the boosts to ASHF to DORD-granted upgrades you have to buy once you have earned the badges that normally granted them. Don't refresh if you're waiting for an ASHF to buy something.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kyrosiris posted:

Heads up: There's an update, and it changes the boosts to ASHF to DORD-granted upgrades you have to buy once you have earned the badges that normally granted them. Don't refresh if you're waiting for an ASHF to buy something.

The upgrades cost somethingM and 2T to get, so they're pretty easy to get, for what it's worth. Also no longer bugged.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Eldercain posted:

I'm not sure either but I think the goal is to hit infinite sand per mNP so you can get the sand to glass boost.

e: the trick is buckets and trebs for that afaik

I think I've bought every infinite/infinite/+whatever upgrade except for the one that costs infinite castles/infinite sand/1.2M glass blocks.

Oh yeah and being in the position I'm in (infinite castles, finite sand) makes Castle Crusher REALLY useful.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pidmon posted:

I think I've bought every infinite/infinite/+whatever upgrade except for the one that costs infinite castles/infinite sand/1.2M glass blocks.

Oh yeah and being in the position I'm in (infinite castles, finite sand) makes Castle Crusher REALLY useful.

Yeah that's the idea. You unlock a boost called sand to glass specifically for having infinite sand per mnp though, and that's how you start jumping it off. I think it has a couple other conditions, but that's the next goal.

fakeedit if you have tool factory and 7470 buckets and infinite sand per mNP you get it.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!

OG17 posted:

it'd be really nice if similar upgrades were grouped together by stuff like base item and function instead of strewn all over their tabs, particularly for sand tools/displays, even if it's not a huge deal with everything expanded.
I take this back, ceilings would be painful enough if they were lined up in a row instead of spat up all over the place so I can't even find the things during a shop bonus. Hopefully the dev's upcoming "layout stuff" involves fixing this nightmare. Also holy poo poo sand.

On the bright side the guy's ridiculously fast at fixing stuff that breaks.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

OG17 posted:

I take this back, ceilings would be painful enough if they were lined up in a row instead of spat up all over the place so I can't even find the things during a shop bonus. Hopefully the dev's upcoming "layout stuff" involves fixing this nightmare. Also holy poo poo sand.

On the bright side the guy's ridiculously fast at fixing stuff that breaks.

If you post on reddit with reasonable suggestions he usually puts them in too. I've seen a few QoL fixes based on user posts. Hell, he even fixed a typo I pointed out like 5 hours later. Def got orteil beat in that department.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Dang, a temporal rift sent me back to shortpix and now my factory automation is reset and I can't unlock glass ceilings if I lock them. What do I do now? Just sit around waiting for DORD?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

So I opened a locked crate and it gave me a poo poo-gently caress-ton of glass blocks - enough to make the run for ceiling 9 and Ceiling Broken. That said, I'm worried about not having enough castles. Is 42.7 umpty enough, assuming I'm not ASHFing it? (I should be, but eh)

Edit: Looks like no, Ceiling 9 is 1.2 squilli castles/sand. My waves are going to make 10.1 helo castles next ONG though, jesus.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 28, 2013

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kyrosiris posted:

So I opened a locked crate and it gave me a poo poo-gently caress-ton of glass blocks - enough to make the run for ceiling 9 and Ceiling Broken. That said, I'm worried about not having enough castles. Is 42.7 umpty enough, assuming I'm not ASHFing it? (I should be, but eh)

Edit: Looks like no, Ceiling 9 is 1.2 squilli castles/sand. My waves are going to make 10.1 helo castles next ONG though, jesus.

Yeah the waves will get you what you need for all the ceilings, and will carry you basically to UW or SW which is where I'm at. I also broke through with a crate, and now I'm gonna try to actually unlock one. 2 keys down, 2 to go. Keygrinder isn't doing me many favors though, 2 automations only gave me 1 key.

e: Also logicastle, which is far and away the best logic reward I've gotten so far.

Inadequately posted:

Dang, a temporal rift sent me back to shortpix and now my factory automation is reset and I can't unlock glass ceilings if I lock them. What do I do now? Just sit around waiting for DORD?

Yeah, time travel back to longpix and wait. I usually save before I jump and just reload until I jump to longpix. Once I had camera I kept a shortpix jump and got the shortpix discoveries but other than that it's not worth the trouble.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

quote:

ONG!
Badge Earned: This is a silly number
Badge Earned: To Da Choppah
Badge Earned: Toasters
1.370 Ferro Castles Built

:stare:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

:feelsgood:

You'll pretty quickly realize the game is about to become all about glass, so hope you been pumping up your purifier/extruder.

Gentleman
Aug 19, 2006

Would you let me see your panties?
How do you get glass ceiling 0? I have free advice and haven't seen anything about how it starts, is it from DORD?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Eldercain posted:

:feelsgood:

You'll pretty quickly realize the game is about to become all about glass, so hope you been pumping up your purifier/extruder.

I'm currently at 750 (minus 400 for block production) Chips/20 Blocks per ONG. Turbocharging that is my next objective.

I've been doing too much drat time travel, I'm still only on NP139.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm currently at 750 (minus 400 for block production) Chips/20 Blocks per ONG. Turbocharging that is my next objective.

I've been doing too much drat time travel, I'm still only on NP139.

You have GOT to get to longpix man. Glass is like 100% crossfeed and multitasking for a while. Swim between the waves is nice but the longpix boosts are SO good. Doublepost, the redundakitty chains.

Gentleman posted:

How do you get glass ceiling 0? I have free advice and haven't seen anything about how it starts, is it from DORD?

Yeah it's DoRD. After you unlock that the rest pop up instantly (including 0) according to the game.

• Locked thread