Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eldercain posted:

You have GOT to get to longpix man. Glass is like 100% crossfeed and multitasking for a while. Swim between the waves is nice but the longpix boosts are SO good. Doublepost, the redundakitty chains.

Yeah, I'm starting to realize that and have stopped with the wave-running (except for once to get castles to make the Ceiling Broken run).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
How do I unlock making more than 1 glass chip per ONG? I've bought a single storage upgrade, but it didn't seem to unlock anything else.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Elswyyr posted:

How do I unlock making more than 1 glass chip per ONG? I've bought a single storage upgrade, but it didn't seem to unlock anything else.

Once you have 30 Chips, you can unlock the Glass Refinery, which lets you boost the production rate of the Glass Furnace.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kyrosiris posted:

Once you have 30 Chips, you can unlock the Glass Refinery, which lets you boost the production rate of the Glass Furnace.

The beginning of the glass game is incredibly tedious. You get to 150 chips decently fast once you can upgrade it, but the slog to the glass chiller (and eventually the extruder) is REALLY painful. Don't worry about the sand loss as it won't be too important for a while (and by now clicking should get you orders of magnitude more than passive anyways), and you will definitely feel the glass crunch a lot sooner than you think.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I get 4.1M passive sand, and 181k from clicking. Is it just an upgrade I haven't gotten yet? I just started the Dip.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Elswyyr posted:

I get 4.1M passive sand, and 181k from clicking. Is it just an upgrade I haven't gotten yet? I just started the Dip.

Probably Bucket Brigade. It's the analogue to the different mouse upgrades in Cookie Clicker - every 50 buckets gives your clicks 1% of your passive sand gain. Things like Hand it Up will also help (every ladder and bag pair gives +500 sand per click, etc).

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
If you just started the dip you should be fine. It'll take you like 30-40 ONG to get to the refinery and by then you should be able to afford all the boosts from the dip (which are the last ones that are really sand expensive relatively for a while)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

quote:

ONG!
2.821 Lotta Castles Built
Gained 350 Glass Chips
Gained 20 Glass Blocks

Okay, having all of the first 10 glass ceilings is ridiculous.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I never have enough glass blocks to keep all those boosts running, what am I doing wrong? I'm at 600 blocks per NP and 20000 glass, but upgrading them further is so costly and greatly limited by sand, even with the extruder/purifier (lvl 39/291). What's the next step? I'm up to PWWWW castles and sand, still trucking, production wise, but glass is a huge bottleneck I find.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Oenis posted:

I never have enough glass blocks to keep all those boosts running, what am I doing wrong? I'm at 600 blocks per NP and 20000 glass, but upgrading them further is so costly and greatly limited by sand, even with the extruder/purifier (lvl 39/291). What's the next step? I'm up to PWWWW castles and sand, still trucking, production wise, but glass is a huge bottleneck I find.

Factory automation/kitties will frequently re-fire the furnace, eating up more chips to give you a shitload of glass blocks. At least, that's my experience.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Also remember with key thing and keygrinder you get tons of blocks from crates. Especially if you do caged logicats for more keys and free automations from rifts you can grind them for blackprints and blocks. That's what I'm doing at the HW level

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Eldercain posted:

Also remember with key thing and keygrinder you get tons of blocks from crates. Especially if you do caged logicats for more keys and free automations from rifts you can grind them for blackprints and blocks. That's what I'm doing at the HW level

Ah, so should I give up the thousand blocks for the caged logicat? Is it an one-time thing, or is it 1k per logicat?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Ah, so should I give up the thousand blocks for the caged logicat? Is it an one-time thing, or is it 1k per logicat?

The 1,000 blocks is a one-time charge to unlock the ability to buy them, but then it also charges for each individual logicat, based on your logic level. But, yes, you definitely should, logic rewards are all great.

e: Well, except for Buy One Get One, which you basically need to know it's coming and plan for it to really get anything out of it. Although you technically can do that, since you can savescum Caged Logicat if you really want to.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I only started using it after the first couple chests but I assume at WWW levels you'll probably have a couple crates open to give you a good base level of blocks

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
I totally forgot to reset at NP 3- I'm in NP 111 now and really don't want to lose my progress.

Am I boned?

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I'd say it's worth it, time travelling early on is very useful and at NP 111 the game has barely started to take off.

That said, you might want to just sit and wait until NP 241 before resetting. Once you reset and get time travel, you can then jump to Longpix directly once you pick up all the Judgement Dip boosts.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Inadequately posted:

I'd say it's worth it, time travelling early on is very useful and at NP 111 the game has barely started to take off.

That said, you might want to just sit and wait until NP 241 before resetting. Once you reset and get time travel, you can then jump to Longpix directly once you pick up all the Judgement Dip boosts.

You can get time travel via jumping into wormholes, whatever they're actually called.

Of course I didn't see them until only a couple days ago, when I've been playing this for around 3 weeks or more...

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I need some advice on what to do next.

I have 100 of each sand tool and 49/47/37/29/32 of the castle tools. I am on NP 146 and have the badge for unlocking all the JD upgrades.
I have upgraded my furnace once.

For how long does the JD last? Should I have the NPB code installed still?

Should I just wait for chips and upgrade my furnace for now or is there something I have missed? I have time travel unlocked if I should go back.
I tried to find some info on the wiki but that did not really help me.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

milward posted:

I have 100 of each sand tool and 49/47/37/29/32 of the castle tools. I am on NP 146 and have the badge for unlocking all the JD upgrades.

Should I just wait for chips and upgrade my furnace for now or is there something I have missed? I have time travel unlocked if I should go back.

Buy one more wave, buy the upgrade you get at 30 of them(turn the NPB's back on and time travel back out of the JD for a bit if you have to), and then spend the next 94 ONGs buying waves and flags and watching your castle income skyrocket as you wait for the Longpix. Also work on your glass income, you'll need to get that as high as possible as fast as possible.

e: Oh, and to answer your question, I don't think the Judgement Dip ever ends. If you don't use the code it eventually starts destroying infinity castles per mNP!

LAY-ZX fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 29, 2013

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Does the Blast Furnace only trigger on SOME NPB activations?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

ImsaKidd posted:

I totally forgot to reset at NP 3- I'm in NP 111 now and really don't want to lose my progress.

Am I boned?

Nah, I forgot too. Just wait until you have fractals forever (which makes you restart with fractal castles when you molpy down) and you can safely do it and power back to where you are in a day or so.

Do do it then though, you eventually get time travel with rifts but there's a badge for molpying down and badges give sand so.

milward posted:

The waves thing isn't bad, but I found I got the most bang for my buck from the flung upgrades. Get 3 more trebs and you'll have 5 boosts availible that all multiply trebs by a shitload and get you going where you going. They also have nice sand tool boosts attatched.

Elswyyr posted:

Does the Blast Furnace only trigger on SOME NPB activations?

The NPB automations trigger the DoRD once per activation. You have a 1/4 chance of any DoRD being the blast furnace instead. As a requisite, you also have to have some certain amount of sand for it to fire if you've just gotten it. 2M can be a lot at first.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

So what's the deal with the camera? Does it actually do anything?

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
From what I've read, photographing certain pictures earns some type of reward. You can find a full list of which NPs have discoveries, but I haven't gotten as far as the camera myself. Just got to longpix.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

LAY-ZX posted:

You need the discoveries one you have a mold maker and filler which is 25 black prints total. Also once you open the first crate with keys it's super easy to make bank by spamming cashed logicat. If you have all the rewards active except duplication and rift you can save before a rift, wait til you jump to an even longpix for big castle creation and a couple automations for more keys and a fresh reset on the caged cat. The cat fuels keys which fields blocks for the cat, all while powering up your logicastle. I'm up to WW now and about to see what happens when I make a monument.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Eldercain posted:

Also once you open the first crate with keys it's super easy to make bank by spamming cashed logicat.

Actually, that's another thing, where do you get keys? I bought the upgrade that makes the DORD create them, but I've gone through several NP's since then and haven't gotten any. Do I actually have to have a crate bought for them to appear?

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

How do I get the auto-kitty and stealth script to work? I have no idea how to run it.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Victorkm posted:

How do I get the auto-kitty and stealth script to work? I have no idea how to run it.

Copy the whole script
On your Sandcastle tab, open the Console (in Chrome press F12 and then click the 'Console' tab)
Paste the script into the console and press Enter

Alternatively, add this as a bookmark (remove the space between 'java' and 'script' first)

quote:

java script: (function () {var jA = document.createElement('script');jA.setAttribute('type', 'text/javascript');jA.setAttribute('src', 'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js');jA.onload = function() { var jB = document.createElement('script'); jB.setAttribute('type', 'text/javascript'); jB.setAttribute('src', 'http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dKFneHu5'); document.body.appendChild(jB);};document.body.appendChild(jA);}());

and load the bookmark while on your Sandcastle tab.

LAY-ZX posted:

Take pictures of key Newpix and you get a 'Discovery.' Use the Discoveries to make Moulds which you fill with Sand to make Sand Monuments. Then you cover those with Glass to make Glass Moulds, then fill those with Glass to make Glass Monuments. The whole process is pretty long but eventually it will become much quicker. If you just got the Camera you should just worry about snapping a picture of each Newpix to make sure you don't miss any discoveries. Otherwise you have to time travel back and pick them up.

LAY-ZX posted:

Actually, that's another thing, where do you get keys? I bought the upgrade that makes the DORD create them, but I've gone through several NP's since then and haven't gotten any. Do I actually have to have a crate bought for them to appear?
Keys are a Logic reward, primarily. Solve Logicats to get keys. You don't need a Locked Crate to get a key. In fact, buying a Key when you don't have a Crate available will make one appear in the shop. Buying a Key when you have an un-bought Crate will buy that Crate instantly.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Is there a way to turn off the blast furnace? It's completely stopped me from getting any of the dip upgrades.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Sunblood posted:

Keys are a Logic reward, primarily. Solve Logicats to get keys.

I'm at logic level 35 and I've never seen a single key. :confused:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

LAY-ZX posted:

I'm at logic level 35 and I've never seen a single key. :confused:

Unlucky I guess. Keep at it.

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Is there a way to turn off the blast furnace? It's completely stopped me from getting any of the dip upgrades.

Sadly no. You can save before your npb operate though and if they blast you can reload.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I didn't pay attention when I unlocked my last chest, is the payout for chests bigger if you unlock all 4 locks, or is it more efficient to just smash them? I'm doing it for the glass blocks mostly right now, I'm already at 29 blueprints.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Oenis posted:

I didn't pay attention when I unlocked my last chest, is the payout for chests bigger if you unlock all 4 locks, or is it more efficient to just smash them? I'm doing it for the glass blocks mostly right now, I'm already at 29 blueprints.

You get blackprints from a chest equal to 1 + the number of keys you used on it. If all you're after is blocks, just smash.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So is there any use for goats or is it just something that tells you how many times you were dumb and didn't reload after loving it up?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

McDragon posted:

So is there any use for goats or is it just something that tells you how many times you were dumb and didn't reload after loving it up?

Two goats unlocks a badge, 20 unlocks a boost.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Oenis posted:

The payout in Glass Blocks is divided by the number of keys left on the crate. So yes, it's bigger if you get all the locks off.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

LAY-ZX posted:

Two goats unlocks a badge, 20 unlocks a boost.

Welp, guess I had better collect a few goats then. Thanks.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

McDragon posted:

Welp, guess I had better collect a few goats then. Thanks.

gently caress, my thoughts exactly. It's a pretty good boost too :(

Also the real hurdle for me at least is buying the crate itself. The rest is just waiting for automations or more caged kitties. Might as well make each one last.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Eldercain posted:

gently caress, my thoughts exactly. It's a pretty good boost too :(

What's it do? The idea of losing my castles is icky.

Edit: This game needs a real wiki that actually says what boosts do, the current wiki is garbage.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kyrosiris posted:

What's it do? The idea of losing my castles is icky.

Edit: This game needs a real wiki that actually says what boosts do, the current wiki is garbage.

That's part of the reason this thread exists! It appears to also let you gamble a good chunk of chips as well as castles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Got through the Dip, got a whole lotta castles from Irregular Rivers, but now I'm at an impasse. The next big upgrade I can see is Vitssågen, Ja, but it's much more expensive than anything I've ever had, and I don't see anything else useful I can do. I'm still progressing in glass though, got 14 chips left till the Refiner. Will glass eventually lead me to lots of more castles?

• Locked thread