Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hey, Sunblood, how simple/possible would it be to have notifications in the title, similar to the Kitten one, for ASHF or Temporal Dup? Something like "(ASHF 7) 23" or "(TD 2) 18" or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Hey, Sunblood, how simple/possible would it be to have notifications in the title, similar to the Kitten one, for ASHF or Temporal Dup? Something like "(ASHF 7) 23" or "(TD 2) 18" or whatever.

If there's something you want to get during ASHF, you can just set the shopping assistant to buy it for you and you don't have to pay any attention at all.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

LAY-ZX posted:

The part where I'm lost is how you're able to afford so many caged logicats. Two factory automations don't make back nearly as many blocks as I spend on five caged logicats, and it takes me multiple of them to be able to afford a single crate, which can make up for about two full logicat levels. The block output on doing this is nowhere near the input so I don't understand how you're somehow making a profit from it.

e: Yeah a few rounds of caged logicats have brought me from 100k glass blocks to none. I conclude that you are recommending a technique that does not actually exist.

I mean, I get like 2-400k blocks per crate. With good save/reloading 10 or so automations will always get you 1-2 keys. With factory ninja you get two auotomations per ONG, and logicats cost 20-30k per NP at logic level 150+ so it's pretty legit in the pre-infinite era. Make sure you have shopping assistant buying keys so that you can take advantage of getting multiple in one automation.

Lordy posted:

I'm basically at the same point and I don't think "Swim between the Flags" will help in anyway since that costs 2T castles and I barely make a G per ONG.
Also could someone explain when excactly the blast furnance can activate? It just did right now and I have no idea what actually triggered it.

It has a 1/4 chance of activating when you get a DoRD activation. So 1/32 on a redundakitty click or 1/4 per automation level. If you save right before npb activate you can reload until it fires every NP.

hngkong posted:

Has anyone made a javascript thing to automate the glass ceiling process? Would it be possible?

It would be easy since the ceilings are just a grey code. It might be a pain in the rear end to do it from an arbitrary number of ceilings to some other arbitrary one.

Kyrosiris posted:

So I've finally breached longpix and am slowly accumulating its assorted boosts (doublepost, RRSoR, etc.) and upgrading the gently caress out of my Factory Automation. With that said, until I start hunting for landmarks or whatever they are, is there any harm in just hovering on NP241 (to maximize Swim Between the Waves)?

This will make temporal rifts very, very bad. They take you randomly to any NP you've been to and if 99% of them are all shortpix you'll basically never be able to take advantage of them. I'd say get to ~300 or so. I honestly am just trudging ahead so I can get discoveries, I'm at 415 and I can tell I'll be needing to get lots more in a bit here when I get the tool factory poo poo up and running.

Lordy posted:

I managed to unlock Fracal Sandcastles by waiting long enough which doesn't have any big inpact on how close I am to Vittsagen ja! So I guess what I am working towards now is buying more bags so that my rivers produce more castles and waiting.
Is the timer supposed to stay at what it's at even when I reload? If I save before the ONG and then load afterwards the timer stays at what it's at.

It does, but you'll still get the ONG or npb activation if you saved before and then reloaded.

I just got to the sand to glass and castles to glass. I feel like all my accumulated chip income is pretty pitiful, and I'm mostly spending big money on my furnace and blower so that I can dump stuff in. Is there a particular tool I should focus on? This seems like a pretty crazy slog but I assume some of the blackprint stuff will ease that some.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eldercain posted:

This will make temporal rifts very, very bad. They take you randomly to any NP you've been to and if 99% of them are all shortpix you'll basically never be able to take advantage of them. I'd say get to ~300 or so. I honestly am just trudging ahead so I can get discoveries, I'm at 415 and I can tell I'll be needing to get lots more in a bit here when I get the tool factory poo poo up and running.

Ah, I have not hosed with temporal rifts at all, so that's probably why I didn't see the harm in hovering at 241 (at least while I was awake, I'm on 249 now). Honestly, I'm just trying to turbocharge my castle income so I can get Glass Ceilings 10 and 11, and maybe unlock the sixth tier tools.

Edit: Current status looks like this.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Lordy posted:

I managed to unlock Fracal Sandcastles by waiting long enough which doesn't have any big inpact on how close I am to Vittsagen ja! So I guess what I am working towards now is buying more bags so that my rivers produce more castles and waiting.
Is the timer supposed to stay at what it's at even when I reload? If I save before the ONG and then load afterwards the timer stays at what it's at.

How many of the castle tools did you have? I'm only getting around 100m per ONG, so I don't see how I could save up for 12.3G castles.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
When do you unlock Sand to Glass? I'm making Infinite Castles per ONG, slightly under infinite sand per mNP, and every tool I have costs infinite sand. Unlocked the Tool factory but I don't want to spend too much in case having large amounts of glass chips unlocks something. Does the Glass Mould Filler trigger it? I'm still collecting blackprints for it.

Also is there any way to improve Not Lucky? Right now I only get 1 block for it. If I use the Panther Salve and Raptor upgrade apparently I get chips but use up blocks, but it doesn't seem like a worthwhile tradeoff.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Inadequately posted:

When do you unlock Sand to Glass? I'm making Infinite Castles per ONG, slightly under infinite sand per mNP, and every tool I have costs infinite sand. Unlocked the Tool factory but I don't want to spend too much in case having large amounts of glass chips unlocks something. Does the Glass Mould Filler trigger it? I'm still collecting blackprints for it.

Also is there any way to improve Not Lucky? Right now I only get 1 block for it. If I use the Panther Salve and Raptor upgrade apparently I get chips but use up blocks, but it doesn't seem like a worthwhile tradeoff.

You need to have 7470 buckets (tool factory for just a bit, 1k per mNP) and then have infinite sand per mNP as well. The best way to do this is to lock all glass ceilings except for trebs and turbocharge them. every once and a while save and buy the ceilings all again to see if it's infinite yet. Then load the tool factory once while your sand per mNP is infinite and it unlocks. Castles is easy , just 1515 npb and infinite castles.

This is when having built up a hearty glass chip income is handy. I'm at 2.5k blocks and 85k chips on a furnace run and I assume when I get the load letter in a few NP here that's the only reason I'll be making anything useful.

Also if you're at infinite castles they give chips INSTEAD of using blocks. It will only ever give you 1 block though.

Kyrosiris posted:

Ah, I have not hosed with temporal rifts at all, so that's probably why I didn't see the harm in hovering at 241 (at least while I was awake, I'm on 249 now). Honestly, I'm just trying to turbocharge my castle income so I can get Glass Ceilings 10 and 11, and maybe unlock the sixth tier tools.

Edit: Current status looks like this.

Honestly you'll be at infinite really soon and it probably doesn't matter so much about the castle income or even the rifts really. Although they're nice for giving you a huge global castle multiplier, that's not super important. Just keep grinding.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

ImsaKidd posted:

How many of the castle tools did you have? I'm only getting around 100m per ONG, so I don't see how I could save up for 12.3G castles.

Just wait a day and save-scum any 'double or nothing'/'monty hall' boosts you can get. You'll get to 12G eventually.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

"Making 1,000 WWWW castles per NP is nice, but what would happen if I used Temporal Duplication to get a thousand free flags?"

quote:

ONG!
301.893HWWWW Castles Built

:frogsiren: drat why didn't I think of that earlier, I literally did the exact same thing to get scaffolds

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

LAY-ZX posted:

"Making 1,000 WWWW castles per NP is nice, but what would happen if I used Temporal Duplication to get a thousand free flags?"

:frogsiren: drat why didn't I think of that earlier, I literally did the exact same thing to get scaffolds

I should have abused that more. I assume powering up the achronal dragon is pretty important eventually too.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Eldercain posted:

I should have abused that more. I assume powering up the achronal dragon is pretty important eventually too.

Isn't that a judgement dip thing? I haven't bothered to touch it - should I deactivate the code?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pidmon posted:

Isn't that a judgement dip thing? I haven't bothered to touch it - should I deactivate the code?

Well, yes and no. I turned off the code but they don't do anything anymore, so I can get temporal duplicates of npb to eat, but that's slow. All the "free" doubling you get with that boost actually gives you the regular amount of tools and then the same number of temporal duplicates of it. I don't know how the hell you're supposed to get the dragon to 7 giga off of just time traveling so....

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Is it safe to buy bag burning now that the judgment dip is over? I just want to get rid of it out of the boosts list. Or hell, should I turn the navigation code off maybe? I'm sitting at 100/100/100/82/100 sand tools and 42/38/30/30/29 and castles seem to be coming in really really slowly. I have to wait like 3 NP to buy virtually anything and all of the available boosts (except bag burning) are so far out of my reach I might as well not even think about them.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Is it safe to buy bag burning now that the judgment dip is over? I just want to get rid of it out of the boosts list. Or hell, should I turn the navigation code off maybe? I'm sitting at 100/100/100/82/100 sand tools and 42/38/30/30/29 and castles seem to be coming in really really slowly. I have to wait like 3 NP to buy virtually anything and all of the available boosts (except bag burning) are so far out of my reach I might as well not even think about them.

I'm at infinite sand and castles and the jdip isn't doing anything to me and if I buy burning it still chews up my bags. Leave it. I think there's a reason to have it there later for some other badge/boost or something.

You're at the point where it does take a while and you'll be wanting to hopscotch between boosts using blast furnace until you hit Vitssagen, ja

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

How do I execute the code for the autoclicker in the java console? I hit enter, but nothing seems to happen.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Eldercain posted:

I'm at infinite sand and castles and the jdip isn't doing anything to me and if I buy burning it still chews up my bags. Leave it. I think there's a reason to have it there later for some other badge/boost or something.

You're at the point where it does take a while and you'll be wanting to hopscotch between boosts using blast furnace until you hit Vitssagen, ja

I'm not sure what that last part means. The blast furnace is doing poo poo all for my castle production right now; I get maybe a couple million every time it fires but its barely noticeable. The closest boost I can actually get would require saving up for roughly 30 NP.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Do the puns from Bag Puns ever stop and can I turn them off?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Victorkm posted:

Do the puns from Bag Puns ever stop and can I turn them off?

Vitssagen, JA! disables them, but until you can buy that, put this in your javascript console:

code:
Molpy.bp = [""]

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Gus Hobbleton posted:

I'm not sure what that last part means. The blast furnace is doing poo poo all for my castle production right now; I get maybe a couple million every time it fires but its barely noticeable. The closest boost I can actually get would require saving up for roughly 30 NP.

You probably need more sand then. Blast furnace takes 1000 sand and converts it to 1 castle up to half(!) of your all time built castles. This can quickly spiral up in conjunction with MHP and get you to where you need to be. Otherwise you're in for a long painful slog. You'll need to ensure you have enough sand production, but it's likely a large part of it will be clicking during blitzing as well. If you can afford blixendent kattunger you will be able to scale it up a bit. Once you get to the point where you've spent 80G castles on sand production stop and let the furnace carry you to 400G, which is enough with the two cards for ASHF to let you buy vitssagen, ja. It will take a while but is the only reasonable way to get to unlock that boost, and that will carry you into the next phase of the game.

e: I think the autoclicker might occasionally break with the frequent updates loving with stuff, and the guy who made it also mentioned he tinkers with it sometimes. It's not really super mandatory unless you really hate doing the redundakitties in the beginning of the game.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also if you ninja'd the npb this NP then the autoclicker stops working until the next one.

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 2, 2013

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Temporal Duplicated Scaffolds are ridiculous. I've got Window Washing Beanies to level 8 (so Ceiling boost * 8 * Scaffolds) and just temporal duplicated buying 1024 of them, so 2048 * 8 boost to my ceilings. My waves are making 2Q castles per. :stare:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

:toot:

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

The real Dark Souls Sandy Beach starts here.

I've had to let go of it, sadly, but recently it started overheating my laptop's CPU, I think it was a script that I ran, that had too many cycles. Anyways, it wasn't worth it for me anymore, with slow progress and where just buying a crate or two every day would take still days to get to the next upgrade.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Time to get 7470 buckets and then pump trebs until you have infinite sand/mNP. The next part (early tool factory) appears to be a pretty long, slow grind between blackprints and the fact that your starting chip income is crap.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
So I just started playing. I did the molpy down at NP3 as the OP says, and I'm now in NP1 with nothing purchased except 5 NewPixBot's. I have two questions:
I clicked something which stated that it was free. I think it had hat in the game, because I can't find it in any inventory. Is it anything worth mentioning?
I somehow have a badge unlocked:

Ceiling Broken

Have all 10 Glass Ceiling Boosts

I'm assuming that's a bug. Right?

Oh yeah one more question: Am I right in assuming that selling doesn't give back 100% of item value? The interface really should point that out IMO.

Actually, yet another question: How do I know to not ninja the bots? I haven't spotted any visual indicator so far.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 2, 2013

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I am kind-of stuck. 562.4k of sand per click, 13 glass chips. What should I do ?

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Dancer posted:

So I just started playing. I did the molpy down at NP3 as the OP says, and I'm now in NP1 with nothing purchased except 5 NewPixBot's. I have two questions:
I clicked something which stated that it was free. I think it had hat in the game, because I can't find it in any inventory. Is it anything worth mentioning?

Ceiling Broken

Oh yeah one more question: Am I right in assuming that selling doesn't give back 100% of item value? The interface really should point that out IMO.

Actually, yet another question: How do I know to not ninja the bots? I haven't spotted any visual indicator so far.

The odd free boost you got was probably Safety Hat, which shows up when you upgrade to a new version. It does nothing*.
Having the Ceiling Broken badge is definitely a bug. Congrats, I guess, that's probably one of the biggest pain-in-the-rear end parts of the game.

*something

Eldercain posted:

e: I think the autoclicker might occasionally break with the frequent updates loving with stuff, and the guy who made it also mentioned he tinkers with it sometimes. It's not really super mandatory unless you really hate doing the redundakitties in the beginning of the game.
Recently people started having problems autoclicking when Sandcastle wasn't the active tab. The solution to this was to make Sandcastle its own window entirely. That should improve things.
I do tinker but I won't leave it in a totally unusable state, as I frequently switch between work and home computers and reload the script myself. The worst you might run into is loading while I'm updating which may or may not work. Just wait a little bit for it.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I've got Castles to Glass, so I'm guessing the next step is boosting up trebuchets to get Sand to Glass. How do you buy Glass ceilings at this point? I tried saving and locking a couple of them, but they wouldn't show up on the bottom screen like they did previously, so I reloaded. I'd like to lock the rest away to focus entirely on trebuchets, but not if I can't unlock them again.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
They unlock through the DoRD randomly, but you won't have to do the dance again, just buy the one(s) you want.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Dancer posted:

Ceiling Broken

The safety hat is a gimmick you get when you upgrade to a new version. Having not bought it does eventually give you another boost, but that is very far in the future from the beginning. Might as well just get it.

Having ceiling broken is a pretty big bug to start with yes, and will probably make your game hilariously easy. Might be worth ungetting, I'll look up a code snippet for it after lunch.

Selling gives you I think half? I'm not sure, I only sold one thing once for the no sell boost.

If you want a visual indicator, buy chromatic heresy and toggle it a whole bunch of times, then when you get it buy beach ball. Red = don't click, blue = increase ninja streak now, green = safe, yellow = about to be new frame. You can also check to see if there's a timer on the npb tool itself, once that's gone you're safe.

Inadequately posted:

I've got Castles to Glass, so I'm guessing the next step is boosting up trebuchets to get Sand to Glass. How do you buy Glass ceilings at this point? I tried saving and locking a couple of them, but they wouldn't show up on the bottom screen like they did previously, so I reloaded. I'd like to lock the rest away to focus entirely on trebuchets, but not if I can't unlock them again.

Lock away. They become DoRD boosts after you have ceiling broken so you should get them all back next automation.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

How do I install the code once I have all the Dip boosts? My code bootstrap doesn't have any buttons on it and my dip is still going.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Victorkm posted:

How do I install the code once I have all the Dip boosts? My code bootstrap doesn't have any buttons on it and my dip is still going.

It might be one of those that doesn't appear if you're in stats view.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Molpy.Badges['Ceiling Broken'].earned = 0 will turn off the badge for that if you want a legit game.

The navigation code should have a button on it in your boost screen. If it doesn't, you might have your stats page open.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

kaxman posted:

That's correct.

Edit: Also holy poo poo, my Scaffolds cost Infinite castles now.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Eldercain posted:

Molpy.Badges['Ceiling Broken'].earned = 0 will turn off the badge for that if you want a legit game.

The navigation code should have a button on it in your boost screen. If it doesn't, you might have your stats page open.

So, does just having a badge awarded actually give me bonuses? I don't have anything up that's called a glass ceiling. And regarding the code, I just paste it in the javascript console, right?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dancer posted:

So, does just having a badge awarded actually give me bonuses? I don't have anything up that's called a glass ceiling. And regarding the code, I just paste it in the javascript console, right?

Some do, yes. That badge in particular are related to amazingly powerful boosts you come across later called Glass Ceilings. They each multiply the output of one tool by 33 for every ceiling you own (so owning two boosts both tools by 33*33, owning four boosts them by 33*33*33*33, so on and so forth). However, there's a kinda annoying and tricky gimmick associated with buying them. This gimmick gets removed once you buy all 10, and when you own all 10, you get the "Ceiling Broken" badge, which is what you mistakenly started with.

As you can imagine, not having to do the "gimmick" is really rad, but to each their own if they consider that "cheating".

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Kyrosiris posted:

That's correct.

Once you hit infinite prices you make tools using the Tool Factory and glass chips. With every tool at infinite castle prices I hit infinite sand per mNP (glass ceilings off) at around 3.4k trebuchets iirc.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

kaxman posted:

That was it. Thanks!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Dancer posted:

Yeah just paste that in the console. Also some badges do, as was previously mentioned.

Kyrosiris posted:

That's correct.

About to hit next level stuff. Make sure you're maximizing your crate key stuff because blackprints look to be pretty key to this part of the grind.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Eldercain posted:

You probably need more sand then. Blast furnace takes 1000 sand and converts it to 1 castle up to half(!) of your all time built castles. This can quickly spiral up in conjunction with MHP and get you to where you need to be. Otherwise you're in for a long painful slog. You'll need to ensure you have enough sand production, but it's likely a large part of it will be clicking during blitzing as well. If you can afford blixendent kattunger you will be able to scale it up a bit. Once you get to the point where you've spent 80G castles on sand production stop and let the furnace carry you to 400G, which is enough with the two cards for ASHF to let you buy vitssagen, ja. It will take a while but is the only reasonable way to get to unlock that boost, and that will carry you into the next phase of the game.

So should I turn off my glass furnace then? I'm saving up blocks and chips now but have absolutely 0 use for them. Also, what is MHP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Dancer posted:

Most don't, other than for boosts that do things based on how many badges you have, but randomly getting that particular badge out of nowhere completely trivializes a major process farther down the line.

• Locked thread