Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Studio posted:

This patch is butts

I really hope they substantially fix it before relegations/Battle of the Atlantic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Would any goons be interested in creating a team for ranked 5's as well as solo queue partners and maybe some low-tier tournaments?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Studio posted:

This patch is butts

It's pre-season, they're all butts. I'd say it's still better then League of Cleavers

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
Might want to add a link to foutre's stream/LP in the OP. The latter is esp. good for new or less involved people.

https://www.twitch.tv/mmmyes

and the LP: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3579028

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I understand the basics of Warchicken, but did he really, truly genuinely believe that Riot literally flagged accounts for losses and the queue deliberately matched you badly to force you to lose? I have trouble wrapping my head around that one.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Studio posted:

This patch is butts

Hush now and go play a Taric.

nabo
Oct 23, 2010

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Latin America tribunal comic? Whats that?

http://tribunal-comic.leagueoflegends.com/.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Parrrley is still gonna proc the execute.

Support GP is still alive!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Does this mean Ezreal's Q will, too? Because if so I found my new bot lane duo

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

I think they'll change it again because it's still super viable for adcs to take atm. It's pretty annoying running into two of them bot lane

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

I doubt it. Gangplank still counts as melee, so his autoattack replacer would execute. Ez is ranged.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

E real Q is ranged. GP has a weird setup on his Q

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

No, Mystic Shot won't (and never did). Parrrley will still proc it, because for all intensive purposes Parrrley is a ranged melee auto attack.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's intents and purposes. :goonsay:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Damiya posted:

I think they'll change it again because it's still super viable for adcs to take atm. It's pretty annoying running into two of them bot lane
It doesn't matter how they fix it, because Taric is still broken, and so is Annie.

You're really dumb right now if you're playing old-school supports. Annie and Taric are absolutely dominating bottom lane, Leona and Mundo are really strong too, while Sona and Nami receive minor nerfs until level 12 or 16 or so, which doesn't matter because they don't scale as well off items as Annie, Taric, Mundo, or Leona do. Anybody that scales with items and has utility is a really good support right now.

e:

quote:

Uhhh, isn't Taric about as Old School as you can get.
Well, Season 3 supports. Lulu, Nami, Thresh, Sona are all suffering to some degree, while Thresh and Blitzcrank are still annoying hooks, there's much stronger kill lanes/unkillable lanes right now that don't even require a skillshot and a lot of coordination

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 27, 2013

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
How does that apply to Kayle's range modifier?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

It doesn't matter how they fix it, because Taric is still broken, and so is Annie.

You're really dumb right now if you're playing old-school supports. Annie and Taric are absolutely dominating bottom lane, Leona and Mundo are really strong too, while Sona and Nami receive minor nerfs until level 12 or 16 or so, which doesn't matter because they don't scale as well off items as Annie, Taric, Mundo, or Leona do. Anybody that scales with items and has utility is a really good support right now.

Uhhh, isn't Taric about as Old School as you can get.

Squashy posted:

When Kayle hits E she turns into a ranged character according to the game. That's why she can proc Hydra normally but loses the proc and active when she turns on E.

BrainToad
Dec 31, 2008

Squashy posted:

When her E is active she is considered ranged, so it wouldn't execute. Same for the other transformers and their ranged/melee forms. GP is different because his Q is just a ranged version of his attack, it doesn't actually change his range.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Studio posted:

This patch is butts

I agree. So far I really hate the 3.14 patch. Playing about a dozen support games so far. I have money to buy items, but have limitations which prevent me from controlling vision. Naturally, with all of their free trinkets that shoot wards out, my team should accommodate for this, of course they do not and blame me. Without a reliable way to permanently clear out vision from either jungle (Oracle's being gone), both teams spend nearly 30 minutes of the game taking turns juking in and out of the each other's jungle death-matching. I've seen minions take down an inhibitor tower and inhibitor while people were death-matching in the jungle. This is in Platinum ranked games. Baron and Dragon are almost never attempted unless it's an obvious ace or bot lane double kill. Everyone just builds pure damage and smashes into each other in a way that reminds me of this scene from Tommy Boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2XvxDaIwCw

I'm really hoping that some more changes are in store which will modify this a bit, or that extensive competitive play on the new patch will reveal a better style of play than what has emerged in solo queue, but I doubt it, and I think this is probably the way the game is going to be for the next year. People just blindly loving each other in the jungle for 40 minutes to a stalemate and then one team throws and the game ends. That's how pretty much all of my games have gone in this patch.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Libertine posted:

I'm really hoping that some more changes are in store which will modify this a bit, or that extensive competitive play on the new patch will reveal a better style of play than what has emerged in solo queue, but I doubt it, and I think this is probably the way the game is going to be for the next year. People just blindly loving each other in the jungle for 40 minutes to a stalemate and then one team throws and the game ends. That's how pretty much all of my games have gone in this patch.
Honestly if they reverted Oracles to being gone on-death just to balance things out, it would be a lot better right now in my opinion. It still does no favors for teams that are snowballing ahead, but on the other hand, it does let teams that are even or inching ahead/behind to take control of their jungle and objectives again. It's really stupid-hard to gauge where wards can be by using a pink sometimes, especially since warding is apparently new to so many people :downs:

The five-second oracles on red trinket doesn't really cut it unless you're running a mobility boots support who can zoom around and mark wards to be taken out later with pinks. The cooldown on red trinket is quite a bit to be used as a reliable oracles.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I wonder if they still remember about Alistar.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

The only thing I understood was "teemo uggghhh". Some things are universal

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I wonder if they still remember about Alistar.

Well apparently anytime Alistar is strong enough to do something other then support it turns the game on it's loving head.

I wasn't around for jungle Alistar, but if the stories were true it involved him ganking you literally underneath your tower with no creeps, and this was before he hit 6.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Well apparently anytime Alistar is strong enough to do something other then support it turns the game on it's loving head.

I wasn't around for jungle Alistar, but if the stories were true it involved him ganking you literally underneath your tower with no creeps, and this was before he hit 6.

Literally yes, it was that bad.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Nasus is the stupidest loving champion. He encourages just farming over and over to win a game. He can just wither the carry and not care, nothing your team can do about his 5 defensive items and 300 damage Qs on the carry. Would not mind him being dumpstered.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
E: ^^^^^ he just got nerfed again, and games don't exactly last a million years anymore. He's fine.

Verviticus posted:

On the other side of the coin, it was an excellent time to learn to time flashes. If you flash at the right time, you won't get hit with any of his combo, and if you're a champion with a decent stun you could even get kills off it pre-6. After that? Good luck.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

How Rude posted:

Nasus is the stupidest loving champion. He encourages just farming over and over to win a game. He can just wither the carry and not care, nothing your team can do about his 5 defensive items and 300 damage Qs on the carry. Would not mind him being dumpstered.

You'll have to wait until Infernal Nasus has been out a couple more weeks

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

How Rude posted:

_____ is the stupidest loving champion. He encourages just _____ over and over to win a game. He can just ____ the _____ and not care, nothing your team can do about his 5 _____ items and _____. Would not mind him being dumpstered.

Every mad post about LoL.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Flameingblack posted:

e:

Well, Season 3 supports. Lulu, Nami, Thresh, Sona are all suffering to some degree, while Thresh and Blitzcrank are still annoying hooks, there's much stronger kill lanes/unkillable lanes right now that don't even require a skillshot and a lot of coordination

Okay, can someone explain this to me as if I were a small child? I can't figure out why everyone is talking like supports are getting super fed off the new items. I mean, it's really nice not having the ward/oracle tax every time I back, but at the end of the day, especially now that ADCs probably won't want to buy one, aren't you just ending up with 35 CS or so by 20 minutes? It's not even free (for you), you have to last hit the minions, albeit with a huge margin.

I mean, I get that its neat that ADCs get extra-paid off of it, but the only gold the support sees is the actual CS money, right? An Annie mid with 40 CS at 20 minutes is hilariously behind.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Phenotype posted:

Okay, can someone explain this to me as if I were a small child? I can't figure out why everyone is talking like supports are getting super fed off the new items. I mean, it's really nice not having the ward/oracle tax every time I back, but at the end of the day, especially now that ADCs probably won't want to buy one, aren't you just ending up with 35 CS or so by 20 minutes? It's not even free (for you), you have to last hit the minions, albeit with a huge margin.

I mean, I get that its neat that ADCs get extra-paid off of it, but the only gold the support sees is the actual CS money, right? An Annie mid with 40 CS at 20 minutes is hilariously behind.

Youre also spending less money on wards and none on oracles.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Phenotype posted:

Supports are getting a lot more that just Face of the Mountain abuse. The increased gold income from assists, masteries, and gold items makes them snowball a lot harder than they could before. In season 3 a Leona with 2 kills and 8 assists just had a Shurelya's. Now a Leona with 2 kills and 8 assists has a Frozen Fist and part of a Sunfire Cape. Whatever their job is, they're doing much harder this season.

Taric, Leona, and Alistars job was to be super tanky and protect their carry, or hard initiate and feed them. Now they're getting enough money to build a Frozen Heart, Frozen Fist, Sunfire Cape, whatever they want to at 15 minutes if their lane is doing well. They're not being forced to spend all their money on utility items or wards anymore.

Annie is super strong right now, because she can take advantage of all that extra gold in the very unique way of turning into a second AP Carry that sits around, bursts down multiple targets, and protects your carry just as well as Nami or Sona could, with the ability to do it without an ult, and the advantage of scaling AP that lets them build an early Deathcap by 15 minutes.

Basically all of the new support changes combined are giving support champions gold on par with any other carry in the game without having to spend it all on wards. All a support needs to build right now is a single Sightstone and they're good for the whole game since they can only place 3 wards anyway. The changes were meant to lighten the burden on support champions, but in reality no one's really adapted yet so in general there's just less vision and people aren't compensating like they were supposed to.

Depending on your elo (All the way up through mid-level gold) most people still haven't caught on at how ridiculous Annie or Taric are so you can abuse the poo poo out of them for picking Soraka, or Sona by bullying them out of lane, winning lane, and roaming while being as powerful as an AP carry or in taric's case near invincibility. Support players are getting double the gold by 20 minutes as they were before, and not having to spend hardly any of it on wards. They become super-tanks or carries.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Phenotype posted:

People are overexaggerating because they aren't used to supports being able to do anything at all other than play around with map vision and occasionally CC someone. In all actuality, the game is fine and it's just an actual 5v5 now instead of a 4v4 with a ward bitch on each side. Nobody likes change, so they're complaining.

Basically anyone complaining about Taric right now is a complete chode.

e: Try playing characters other than "traditional" supports as the compliment to the ADC bot lane if you don't like how terribad Sona and Soraka are. Rammus is apparently really good, for example.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 27, 2013

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

People are overexaggerating because they aren't used to supports being able to do anything at all other than play around with map vision and occasionally CC someone.

Basically anyone complaining about Taric right now is a complete chode.
Taric's W/passive is really messy right now and people can take him jungle or top and still dominate. There were changes to his kit that make him extremely strong.

The new passive:
After using an ability, Taric's next basic attack deals bonus magic damage equal to 30% of Taric's armor and reduces his abilities' cooldown by 2 seconds.

By building a Frozen Heart or Randuin Taric is both unkillable early on AND does a lot of damage AND shreds armor doing true damage to anyone that doesn't have much armor.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 27, 2013

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

Taric's W is really messy right now and people can take him jungle or top and still dominate. There were changes to his kit that make him extremely strong.

Taric being able to solo lane or jungle is in no way, shape, or form a bad thing. Characters being relegated to the role of ward bitch is something that has needed to be done away with for a long time now.

Supports being an actual fifth character that are strong on their own merits is not bad for the game, and characters that have otherwise only been able to play in the support role is likewise not something that needs to stick around.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 27, 2013

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

Taric's W is really messy right now and people can take him jungle or top and still dominate. There were changes to his kit that make him extremely strong.

It is funny that how I am hearing how strong he is now. But yet to personally seen some success both playing and playing against him

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Taric being able to solo lane or jungle is in no way, shape, or form a bad thing. Characters being relegated to the role of ward bitch is something that has needed to be done away with for a long time now.

Supports being an actual fifth character that are strong on their own merits is not bad for the game.

Stevefin posted:

It is funny that how I am hearing how strong he is now. But yet to personally seen some success both playing and playing against him
His new passive is a sheen that scales with the amount of armor he has. If he has a lot of armor, he does a lot of damage. He's also super tanky. Read patch notes, listen to input from pro players. SaintVicious spent all day abusing Taric's new passive. I really doubt Annie and Taric being this strong right now is intended, because there's no reason to use anyone who doesn't scale with money anymore. What's Nami or Sona going to do with a bunch of gold? Their utility scales but it doesn't scale nearly as hard as others do.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Flameingblack posted:

Taric's W/passive is really messy right now and people can take him jungle or top and still dominate. There were changes to his kit that make him extremely strong.

The new passive:
After using an ability, Taric's next basic attack deals bonus magic damage equal to 30% of Taric's armor and reduces his abilities' cooldown by 2 seconds.

By building a Frozen Heart or Randuin Taric is both unkillable early on AND does a lot of damage AND shreds armor doing true damage to anyone that doesn't have much armor.

Caveat - if you do take him support as usual, be aware that playing a strong support doesn't automatically make you win lane. Especially when your marksman decides to counter themselves and pick Vayne into a Thresh/Caitlyn lane.

Edit: on the other hand 7/10 of my support Mundo games have been wins. If you know where the enemy jungler is starting, just walk over there (if it's convenient) and start throwing cleavers around them. This is especially easy if you're blue side and the enemy jungler is starting at their blue buff. Just walk up and throw a couple cleavers. You won't kill them, but you will royally piss them off. You can start doing this as early as 1:30 if you throw a couple cleavers into the river bush where someone is guaranteed to be standing guard, too.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 27, 2013

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

His new passive is a sheen that scales with the amount of armor he has. If he has a lot of armor, he does a lot of damage. He's also super tanky. Read patch notes, listen to input from pro players. SaintVicious spent all day abusing Taric's new passive. I really doubt Annie and Taric being this strong right now is intended, because there's no reason to use anyone who doesn't scale with money anymore. What's Nami or Sona going to do with a bunch of gold? Their utility scales but it doesn't scale nearly as hard as others do.

I'm perfectly aware of what Taric does and why he is strong. He still isn't "broken", people just need to learn what he does and how to play against him. He's functional as another bruiser that has some sustain and still has hella mana issues. Stacking armor on him just makes him super vulnerable to mages, which he's always had a problem with dealing with especially on a support gold income.

You're overreacting because a character that used to be bad is doing something he hasn't been able to do before. Saint Vicious is going to stomp anyone who he plays against because he's loving saintvicious.

e: And regarding the money thing, they just need to make Sona/Soraka/Lulu have better scaling so that they can actually do something. Other supports need buffs instead of the ones that benefit from the changes getting nerfed. You and the rest of the league community need to get the idea out of your head of supports being less functional than other characters.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 27, 2013

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

There was basically nothing you could do about it. Then Alistar would piss on your grave by healing the laner that you tried to weaken with your dying breath so by the time you come back he's full health again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Flameingblack posted:

Oddly enough, whenever I've watched any streams I've only seen one support Taric. And Xpecial is not doing well at all. The support Fiddles he's facing on the other hand...

Also, happy to see Jungle Mundo coming back.

• Locked thread