Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I don't suppose we'll be getting more Roles and Stories in the final book, or maybe the expansion? I mean, the selection we've got now is already excellent and pretty varied, but hey, more more more!

That said, I'm struggling to think of a good protagonist character the current ones can't be applied to, though that might just be because 70s movies are not an area I'm exceptionally strong in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bucnasti posted:

Meadowlark Lemon is an All-Star Sleuth looking for The Truth.

Stats:
Might +0
Hustle +2
Smooth +0
Brains +2
Soul +1

Moves:

Crime Scene Investigation - When Scoping out the Scene of a recent crime, you can additionally choose to ask these questions:
How long ago did the crime take place?
How many people were involved in the crime?
How did the perpetrator or the victim of the crime enter and leave the scene?
Who is the most obvious suspect?

Wouldja Look at That? - When you create a distraction before striking somebody, gain +1 forward on the roll and deal +1 stun damage.

Playing Hurt - Once the adrenalin kicks in, you kick into overdrive. When you've experienced 2 or more harm, add +1 to all Might and Hustle rolls for the remainder of the Scene.

Rope-a-Dope - When you make your opponent believe you are more vulnerable than you really are. Roll+Brains - on a 10+ gain +1 ongoing against the target. On 7-9 you gain +1 forward against the target.

Thang:
Fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyeKAkMwCpw

You have me at the highest digital tier.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Bucnasti posted:

Meadowlark Lemon is an All-Star Sleuth looking for The Truth.

Stats:
Might +0
Hustle +2
Smooth +0
Brains +2
Soul +1

Moves:

Crime Scene Investigation - When Scoping out the Scene of a recent crime, you can additionally choose to ask these questions:
How long ago did the crime take place?
How many people were involved in the crime?
How did the perpetrator or the victim of the crime enter and leave the scene?
Who is the most obvious suspect?

Wouldja Look at That? - When you create a distraction before striking somebody, gain +1 forward on the roll and deal +1 stun damage.

Playing Hurt - Once the adrenalin kicks in, you kick into overdrive. When you've experienced 2 or more harm, add +1 to all Might and Hustle rolls for the remainder of the Scene.

Rope-a-Dope - When you make your opponent believe you are more vulnerable than you really are. Roll+Brains - on a 10+ gain +1 ongoing against the target. On 7-9 you gain +1 forward against the target.

Thang:
Fame

Boppers, let's get bopping.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Galaga Galaxian posted:

You know, I so clearly visualized this as just a distraction before sucker punching someone, but it works so well for a Globetrotter doing some fancy tricks, then tossing the ball into someone's face while they're mesmerized (or tossing it under them to trip them up) too. :allears:

Yeah that's how it was written, but as soon as RocknRollaAyatollah brought it up I knew Wouldja Look at That? was perfect for the Globetrotters. Rope-a-Dope also is perfect for the times they fall down or otherwise fake somebody out.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I don't suppose we'll be getting more Roles and Stories in the final book, or maybe the expansion? I mean, the selection we've got now is already excellent and pretty varied, but hey, more more more!

That said, I'm struggling to think of a good protagonist character the current ones can't be applied to, though that might just be because 70s movies are not an area I'm exceptionally strong in.

Yes that's the plan, there will be several new roles and a couple of new stories in the expansion, and we'll add more with each adventure "double feature".

The new roles will typically be a bit more focused than the existing ones, because as you said the base role/stories fill nearly every character out there pretty well.
Some of the one's I'm working on right now are, Gonzo Journalist, Daredevil Stuntman, and Bounty Hunter.

Peas and Rice posted:

Shut up and take my money.

Six Days

In case you guys don't read the Kickstarter Thread the preview project page is up.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/monkeyfunstudios/528951018?token=09457270

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Bucnasti posted:

Six Days

In case you guys don't read the Kickstarter Thread the preview project page is up.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/monkeyfunstudios/528951018?token=09457270

I'm probably in for $50.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

24 hours till we light this candle.

We ran three games over the weekend at Strategicon, got tons of positive feedback. One guy had so much fun in the first game he signed up for the next two.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Any notable events of Funky Awesomeness?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Any notable events of Funky Awesomeness?

Well, this happened.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
Saw a yellow Hemi 'cuda convertible on the highway today. I think it's a sign.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Just a couple of things:

We had an awesome interview with the Undergopher podcast last night. Check it out, and help us put to rest the question of who's the best Flash Villain.

Oh yeah, and the Kickstarter is live!

Spirit of 77 Kickstarter

CAN YOU DIG IT?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'm one bad mother...and I don't care who knows it.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
I backed it earlier today and got the first pledge.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Thomamelas posted:

I backed it earlier today and got the first pledge.

Ah-ha! :argh: you were quick. I wanted to be the first backer, but by the time I logged out of the company account and into my personal account you had already gotten the first spot.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
I got lucky. But I do have a group I game with and I've mentioned this to them and they are excited to order it as well. So you should be getting some more pledges.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand pledged. I can't wait to get that book in my grubby mitts.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I too am One Bad Mother, and have no shame.

Barristicide
Sep 2, 2012
I'm only a Tough Guy, but I'm a Canadian Tough Guy!

Hey, have you guys done any promoting on G+? I know there are lots of Powered by the Apocalypse people on G+ but I haven't seen any mention of your kickstarter there.

Barristicide fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 2, 2014

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
For my first time backing a Kickstarter, figured I might as well stick it to the Man by being One Bad Mother. :c00l:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Also, pimped you on my work page. Hopefully I can drive a little traffic your way.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Thanks everyone. According to my project dashboard, SA is the second biggest source of backers, right behind Kickstarter itself.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Yeah, when our KS wrapped up last year the top two were SA and KS, followed closely by the PEG forums since we used Savage Worlds for our mechanic.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
I'm ugly and I'm mean, I'm one Bad Mother.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Ok, finally got home. I am now One Bad Mutha. :black101: Congrats on being the first Kickstarter Funky enough to get me to back. You beat Feng Shui 2 by a couple weeks. :v:

[edit] Bob (or Dave?) needs to learn trigger discipline. :colbert:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 3, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Double Post, but S77 has broken $7,777. Congratulations!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

And in just over 8 hours we are funded. Thanks to a very generous friend who wants to see me die of alcohol poisoning.

Besides Kickstarter itself SA is the biggest referrer so far, accounting for over 10% of total pledge amount and almost 20% of total pledges. Thanks everyone.

Now on to stretch goals.

Also, I'm am honored to be so many people's first...

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Yessssssssssssss. Awesome. Congrats, man!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

So, this whole process has been a learning experience for us, and much like the game we gain experience each time we fail.

Today's experience was "Do not agree to take a shot every time you reach a $1000 milestone"

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pfft 8 shots over 10ish hours? C'mon. :colbert:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Pfft 8 shots over 10ish hours? C'mon. :colbert:

Well I didn't start till 6:00 cuz for some reason I thought it would be better to do the first four all at once.

Also at 9k we're going to add a double adventure (two adventures) to all digital and physical backers.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Wow, that's crazy, two hours ago when I pledged you were about $2k from the goal. Somebody stepped up to the big $2500 pledge? Nice!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Congrats duder, glad you made it so fast.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
Congrats Bucnasti!

Seriously people, if you're on the fence, jump in on this! I had the chance to play a test game and it was awesome, I kicked the poo poo out of some luchadores and then hilariously ripped open a cash bag and made it rain all of our cash.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

atomicgeek posted:

Wow, that's crazy, two hours ago when I pledged you were about $2k from the goal. Somebody stepped up to the big $2500 pledge? Nice!

Yeah, that's the other lesson to take away today, make sure you have some "Angel" pledge levels because you never know when a wealthy friend might decide to make it rain.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
Congrats on the funding.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I am now a Bad Mother. One of my longtime players saw the picture of a bigfoot fighting a luchadore and told me I had to get in on this, and he's right.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Take another shot Bucnasti, and the rest of us take two more adventures. :woop:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Take another shot Bucnasti, and the rest of us take two more adventures. :woop:

I had to stop drinking so I could get some work done. I owe two shots down the road someplace.

I'm absolutely ecstatic about our first day. I know we can't possibly keep up this level of activity but hopefully we can keep the momentum up and manage a good amount of stretch goals.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Things are getting Dicey for the Kickstarter. Congrats again (that is 2 more shots). :dance:

Its almost looking like you may need to start thinking of a 4th stretch goal. Though really, Id say don't overstretch yourself (:rimshot:), one thing that has always made me leery of Kickstarters in the past is overambitious stretch goals that end up delaying the whole project.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Like many others in the thread, I'm a Bad Mother. And I snagged one of the backer icons with an appropriate quote, as for some reason I've been reading through the six million dollar man wiki off and on as this went live. (I am totally idea-mining.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I like the $19,770 stretch goal. More art is always awesome and would be cooler than all those photos in the playtest version (assuming you can even legally use them for a commercial product).

• Locked thread