Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Might fits because Test Your Might is a motivation for like 3/4ths of all 70's chop socky fu flick characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The one unaddressed issue I have with Spirit 77 is that I cannot play Blacula, or any number of other Frightsploitation dudes. I don't know if it should be a Story or a Role, but it should be something

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Realtalk as cool as playing Blacula or hunters thereof would be being the dude from JD's Revenger would be even better. When you have a flashback to your possessor's past life roll+soul.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
If I had to show three movies to get the entire idea of Spirit of 77, they'd be:

Vanishing Point. DJ as character, good ol boys, adrenaline junkies. The Man is real and The Man will stop at nothing to gently caress you up if you cross The Man, and the PCs will.

Phantom of the Paradise. Glam, X-Tech, opulence as the 70's thought of it, nostalgia and innovation. The Man is the devil, and making deals with The Man never help more than they hurt even when you come out on top.

Black Dynamite. Everything else in the book. The Man is not invincible, and you can be badass enough to take it all the way to the top of the pile and kick teeth in all the way back down.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'd throw in The Warriors, if only because its The Bopper in its purest form and a good example of the social decay of the late 70s (especially one where Tricky Dick continues to influence things). Granted, The Man doesn't show up too much, except for a few moments with the cops.

The Warriors would definitely be #4, but that's stretching from a pretty full Movie Night to Movie Day.

But yeah, the fourth lesson of The Man would be that The Man isn't the only thing that can mix you up or take you down.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It makes a great counterpoint to Black Dynamite because it's the worst and best case scenarios for people sticking it to the man. But in both cases the man is very well stuck to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The homeless shelter offers free self defense classes and foreclosing on it is the first step in the campaign of the war on poverty, which is literally a war on people under the poverty line.

• Locked thread