Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Wander

Wander takes longer to drag himself to his feet this time. "I bet you're thinking, 'This unusually handsome mortal is pretty stupid to not flee in terror at my might!' Yeah, well, it's a bad habit to not finish what you've started. Let's try this again."

Recovery: 8d8+8 48

As he speaks, he suddenly runs towards the mighty dragon, then at the last second veers away, runs up the wall of one of the buildings, and clambers to the top. He knows the beast outmatches him in brawn; his only hope is to defeat it with brains.

Moving away instead of engaging again; should I roll a skill check for this?

He hurls one of his tomahawks at the dragon, but it bounces off the mighty wyrm's scales...

Ranged Attack: 1d20+12 27 8d8+12 52

...however that wasn't the point of the attack. Wander is removing the Draconic rune from his pocket before the thrown blade has even landed and pronounces it grimly, then places it on the roof. Drawing his last two axes, he plants both in the middle of the symbol. The parchment burns away with a white glow that the axes absorb.

Rune Juice: 1d100 88 +3 hit and damage; reroll one miss this battle

pre:
Wander
Level 8 Half-Elf Ranger
HP 92/144, Recoveries 8/10 (8d8+6)
AC 24, PD 24, MD 21
Init 12

Icons
	Sucher, the Pathfinder (Positive 4)

Backgrounds
	Faithful of Sucher +3
	Gigolo +2
	Wanderer +5
	Tracker +5

Attacks
      Focused Double Melee Attack
	Target: One enemy
	Attack: +16 vs. AC.
	Hit: 8d10+15 damage
	Miss: ((8d10+15)/2)+8 damage.
	Special: If the attack roll was even, you can take a move action and make the following attack.
	Secondary Target: One enemy
	Secondary Attack: +16 vs. AC, or +19 against anyone other than the primary target.
	Hit: 8d10+15 damage. 

Ranged At-Will
	Attack: +12 vs. AC
	Hit: 8d8+12 damage
	Miss: 8 damage.

Equipment
	A fuckin' lot of tomahawks (8d8+12)
	Wyrmhide armor (AC 14)
	Traveling gear w/ elven accoutrements: flint and tinder, money pouch (450 platinum),
elven rain cloak, 50 ft of elven rope, elvenwood tent, grappling hook, satchel, bedroll, flask
	Elven wine, 3 bottles
	Healing potion, epic x3
	Potion of psychic resistance x1

Magic Items
	Otto: A map infused with Sucher's divine magic that shows where I've been, and suggests, in the vaguest of terms,where I should be going.
	Belt of Resurgence (recharge 16+): Can heal using a recovery when I drop to 0 hp.
	Manual of Puissant Skill at Arms: (recharge 11+): Reroll a melee miss at +15.
	Gloves of Ambidexterity (recharge 11+): When I roll 16+ with the first melee attack during my turn, make a free-action attack at +20 vs. AC.
	Helm of Fortunate Dodging (recharge 11+): Turn a miss against AC or PD into a fumble.
	Cloak of Inviolability (recharge 16+): Turn a hit against PD into a miss. 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Xar - Arachnid of the Elements

Xar clicks his many legs, and seems to ready something, weird energy coalescing on his stinger.

He raises his tail again and launches a bolt of this strange energy toward the dragon.

Quick Action: use Blinding Blast: Daily. Recharge 16+ after battle. Until the end of the battle I can use the Blinding Blast attack

Blinding Blast vs AC of Mtsvaneone 1d20+5+8-2 14 vs AC. For 8d8+15 56 Cold damage, or it would if it hit, but on a miss it instead deals half which would be 28 Cold damage. This damage is ongoing.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Mudgett

Mudgett reaches back into his pack and searches around for something else to munch on. When he doesn't find anything in the bag that looks tasty (after searching around for a long time, it seems like) he quickly says another stream of unintelligible nonsense that seems to shock the Wyvern's mind and disappears in a flash of black smoke.

Those that catch his motion sees him appear on the other side of the Wyvern next to a fallen food card, and he rummages for some leftover pork ribs the cart was selling earlier in the day.

Queen's Shadow vs MD: 1d20+18 30 9d10+8 49

I teleport next to a food cart on the other side of the Wyvern

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

"So the vermin fight back!" The great wyvern half-roars, half-laughs, his fearsome eyes coming to rest on Naděje. "They provide entertainment before its world is brought to ruin!"

With a lash of claw it picks up Naděje between its massive talons and brings its gargantuan visage in close. "Run little mouse. Run and perhaps you shall be spared."

She too is thrown across the square, knocking Xar to the side. The good news is this knocks him clear for what comes next.

"Oh, little თაგვი? I lied. You cannot escape the flames. You will never escape."

A great tongue of flame lances out, leaving bubbling glass across the cobbles.

Mtsvaneone rolls a 16 for a 32 - 5 = 27 vs. AC against Naděje! Naděje takes 100 damage! Since Mtsvaneone rolled a natural 16, he also gets to use Flame Breath! It targets Naděje and Xar! 21 vs. PD! It misses Xar but hits Naděje for a further 100 fire damage! Naděje is hampered! (Save Ends)

Mtsvaneone, or Master if you Prefer
AC 28
PD 25
MD 20
HP 800 - 390 = 410

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Naděje

When the fire clears, Naděje is looking a lot worse, but she's still standing, but she can't take another hit like that. She takes a step back and let's someone else take care of it.

Belt of Resurgance when I fall.
Belt of Resurgence: 8d8+2 34
Rally: 8d8+2 40

djw175 fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 30, 2014

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Wander

"Hey yo, the whole Ban of the Unborn thing I could forget about, but knocking Naděje on her rear end and me having to save the day? That isn't cool, Mastrosimonio. You're messing with laws of the universe here."

The mighty not-wyvern turns to snarl at Wander, and he seizes that moment to leap from the roof of the building and bury his axes in its eyes. He withdraws them and begins slashing over and over, landing three hits in the the left, four in the right, then a finishing strike on the bridge of its nose. Bitchin' electric guitar is heard. Satisfied, he flips off and lands in a crouched position. He then proceeds to smack talk the staggered dragon, because why not.

"Hey, is this your blood or mine? You hosed me up pretty good a couple times, I literally cannot tell. Anyway I'll give you one more shot at me, but if you touch Rainbow Lollipop again I'll feed your unborn children to Mudgett. I would not put it past him to eat the hatched ones either."

Melee Attack, Focused: 1d20+19 37-1 Surprising, -1 natural. Also :black101: LETHAL HUNTER CRIT :black101: 8d10+15x2 144

Double Melee Attack, Focused: 1d20+19 37 :black101: LETHAL HUNTER CRIT :black101: 8d10+15x2 122

Gloves of Ambidexterity: 1d20+20 34 8d10+15 68

pre:
Wander
Level 8 Half-Elf Ranger
HP 92/144, Recoveries 8/10 (8d8+6)
AC 24, PD 24, MD 21
Init 12

Icons
	Sucher, the Pathfinder (Positive 4)

Backgrounds
	Faithful of Sucher +3
	Gigolo +2
	Wanderer +5
	Tracker +5

Attacks
      Focused Double Melee Attack
	Attack: +16 vs. AC.
	Hit: 8d10+15 damage
	Special: If the attack roll was even, you can take a move action and make the following attack.
	Secondary Target: One enemy
	Secondary Attack: +16 vs. AC, or +19 against anyone other than the primary target.
	Hit: 8d10+15 damage. 

Ranged At-Will
	Attack: +12 vs. AC
	Hit: 8d8+12 damage
	Miss: 8 damage.

Equipment
	A fuckin' lot of tomahawks (8d8+12)
	Wyrmhide armor (AC 14)
	Traveling gear w/ elven accoutrements: flint and tinder, money pouch (450 platinum),
elven rain cloak, 50 ft of elven rope, elvenwood tent, grappling hook, satchel, bedroll, flask
	Elven wine, 3 bottles
	Healing potion, epic x3

Magic Items
	Otto: A map infused with Sucher's divine magic that shows where I've been, and suggests, in the vaguest of terms, where I should be going.
	Belt of Resurgence (recharge 16+): Can heal using a recovery when I drop to 0 hp.
	Gloves of Ambidexterity (recharge 11+): When I roll 16+ with the first melee attack during my turn, make a free-action attack at +20 vs. AC.
	Helm of Fortunate Dodging (recharge 11+): Turn a miss against AC or PD into a fumble.

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 30, 2014

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Walker, you're the best.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Captain Walker posted:

Wander

"Hey, is this your blood or mine? You hosed me up pretty good a couple times, I literally cannot tell. Anyway I'll give you one more shot at me, but if you touch Rainbow Lollipop again I'll feed your unborn children to Mudgett. I would not put it past him to eat the hatched ones either."

"This changes nothing whelp. I am but the harbinger, the least among brothers. I was your salvation, and you have denied me. Your world will end in naught but flame and ash."

It rears back onto its flank, another great spout of flame spraying into the sky.

"BUT YOU WILL NOT LIVE TO SEE THAT DAY!"

This is just fluff, the dragon doesn't get a turn, he's just down to 64 HP. Mudgett and Xar are still up.

Also, escalation die is 3.

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jan 30, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Mudgett

Re-appearing in a flash of black smoke next to Wanderer, Mudgett looks at him with big brown eyes and asks:

"Did.... Did you say something about delicious unborn children?"

A wildly evil grin on his face, he lets lose with twin bolts of black tinted energy that consumes the best.

Queen' Shadow: 1d20+19 36 9d10+8 61

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Doomsayer posted:

Also, escalation die is 3.

Remind me, does this grant a bonus to damage too? He literally has 3 HP, and I also forgot about this mechanic when the die being at 1 would have mattered. Yeah p. sure he's hosed

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

djw175 posted:

Walker, you're the best.

Maybe not the best, but I daresay I'm Pretty Good.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Walker posted:

Remind me, does this grant a bonus to damage too? He literally has 3 HP, and I also forgot about this mechanic when the die being at 1 would have mattered. Yeah p. sure he's hosed

If it does my shoot killed him.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Captain Walker posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just to-hit because iirc there are moves that specifically add damage based on escalation.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Doomsayer posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just to-hit because iirc there are moves that specifically add damage based on escalation.

Dang. Well, I know for a fact my ranged attack would've hit if I'd remembered the escalation die that turn. Dead dragonnnnnn

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

The strange energy continues to swirls about Xar's stinger, and once more the arachnid launches a bit of it toward the dragon.

Blinding Blast vs AC of Mtsvaneone 1d20+5+8-2+3 19 vs AC. For 8d8+15 44 Cold damage, or it would if it hit, but on a miss it instead deals half which would be 22 Cold damage. This damage is ongoing.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

"This is not over whelplings!"

The great dragon's breath is labored, blood trickling down to the cobbles. The cultists have all dropped to the ground one by one, stone dead, their minds shattering as the wounds inflicted on the beast are fed back to them. "You did not think it would be that simple, did you?"

He prowls across the stones, his eyes burning like an angry sun. "I may fall, but you can not stop what is to come! আমি ছাই আপনার বিশ্বের চালু হবে এবং আপনি ধুলো মধ্যে কিছুই হতে হবে!"

He leaps forward, crashing into Wander, bladed talons sinking deep into his flesh. "I will take you to hell with me whelp. We shall burn together."

He lets loose one final gout of flame, turning the square to molten glass.

Mtsvaneone, defying all mortal laws, is not quite dead yet! Every good dragon has a good trick up his sleeve, and Mtsvaneone's is being exceptionally hard to kill! He calls upon the life force of his followers, granting him (once and only once!) an extra 100 HP reserve! FINISH HIM!

He attacks Wander! Natural 20! Because the dice really loving hate you! I can't remember if crits still work because of djw's thing! If they do Wander takes 200 damage! If they don't he only takes 100!

Regardless, it triggers flame breath which hits 3 additional enemies! The highest amount possible! Because, once again, gently caress you, apparently! He rolls a 32 vs. PD against Naděje, Xar, Mudgett! All three of you take 100 damage and are hampered!

Mtsvaneone, or Master if you Prefer
AC 28
PD 25
MD 20
HP 900 - 390 = 59

Talk about going out with a bang!

Escalation die is 4!

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jan 31, 2014

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
The crits thing is still in effect until the end of the fight.

Naděje
-26/144

Naděje has taken such a beating right after she used a lot of energy to bring back the queen, she finally collapses, unconscious.

Death: 1d20 11

djw175 fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jan 31, 2014

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
woops

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 31, 2014

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Captain Walker posted:

Wander
Assuming that was an attack against PD, I used two magic items so he fumbled instead of critting. :fuckoff:

It wasn't, your attack was just the normal claw attack against AC, the breath attack was against PD. :v:

Also, how'd you go from 92 HP to 110? I must've missed that.

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 31, 2014

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Hey Ryuujin/Mustache Ride. Considering you guys can't use your powers and all, mind feeding me or Walker a health potion?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Doomsayer posted:

It wasn't, your attack was just the normal claw attack against AC, the breath attack was against PD. :v:

Also, how'd you go from 92 HP to 110? I must've missed that.

18 temp HP I was given and then burned through without ever noticing. Means I survive the 100-damage attack by a hair, but I'm really badly hurt. Which means the post is actually as follows:

Wander

For a moment Wander lies still, pierced by a talon the size of Mudgett. Then he twitches, coughs up blood. "Yeah, definitely mine," he chokes, staggering to his feet. "But gently caress you...if you think...I'm dying...without...my axe...in your skull." He laughs. "No way I leave this unfinished. You really are the least among brothers if you can't properly execute one guy. What're you, blind or something? Oh yeah, you are. That was all me. My bad."

Glancing around at the ruined square, he sees that his favorite healer has fallen, and rage overwhelms him. "Bad dragon! What did I tell you about beating on defenseless clerics! Mudgett's gonna be hungry for children when when he gets up, but I think we just made room for adult dragon as a main course." By now he's limped over to the dragon's nose, and he laboriously starts clambering up with his axes. When he reaches the top, he shifts his body and allows his dead weight to drag his axes down its skull, splintering bone and shredding viscera. "When you get to the Hells, hang around for the rest of your brothers. The ferryman gives group discounts."

Satisfied, he collapses, fumbling for a healing potion. It slips from his fingers and rolls over towards the cleric; he lies there for a moment, choking in between laughter as he gazes at the falling dragon.

"Crushed by freshly-made falling dragon corpse. Eh, worse ways to go." Coughing fit. "Enjoy the feast, Mudgett."

I'll pop a heal on my next turn

Melee Attack, Focused: 1d20+18 28 8d10+15 60 damage

Double Melee Attack, Focused: 1d20+18 21 Rune reroll!

Double Melee Attack, Focused: 1d20+18 22 MISS 8d10+15 39 miss damage

pre:
Wander
Level 8 Half-Elf Ranger
HP 10/144, Recoveries 8/10 (8d8+6)
AC 24, PD 24, MD 21
Init 12

Melee Attack
1d20+13 vs. AC; 8d6+13 damage 8 on miss
If the attack roll was even, take a move action and repeat the attack, +2 if against a new target.

1 battle/day Pathfinder's Focused Melee Attack
1d20+18 vs. AC; 8d10+15 damage (half+8 on miss)
If the attack roll was even, take a move action and repeat the attack, +2 if against a new target.

Ranged Attack
+12 vs. AC; 8d8+12 damage (8 on miss)

Magic Items
Otto: A map infused with Sucher's divine magic that shows where I've been, and suggests, in the vaguest of terms, where I should be going.
Healing potion, epic x2

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Which means I've saved your rear end twice over there.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Captain Walker posted:

"When you get to the Hells, hang around for the rest of your brothers. The ferryman gives group discounts."

"If you're gonna kill a dr- wyvern," Brenner says, peeking around where the door to the tavern used to be. "I'm glad you know how to do it in style."

Lily steps around him and into the square, still radiating intense heat. She shields her eyes and looks around her city, still on fire in a lot of places. "Well... that went well."

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Naděje

After a while, Naděje finally gets the strength back to stand up. She goes over to Wander to help him up.

Take my last heal from this battle. Spend a recovery and get 20 extra HP.

"I know I'm usually the optimist here, but if what that thing said was true, we can't handle them on our own. I think we need help of some kind. That one nearly wiped us all out."

hint hint hashtags
Spending 3 recoveries to get to 131 HP. From now on, everyone has to spend their own recoveries when I heal them
Recovery: 8d8+2 38
Recovery: 8d8+2 51
Recovery: 8d8+2 42

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

djw175 posted:

Naděje

"I know I'm usually the optimist here, but if what that thing said was true, we can't handle them on our own. I think we need help of some kind. That one nearly wiped us all out."

hint hint hashtags
Spending 3 recoveries to get to 131 HP. From now on, everyone has to spend their own recoveries when I heal them
Recovery: 8d8+2 38
Recovery: 8d8+2 51
Recovery: 8d8+2 42

Nooooo if Hashtags joins he was here the whole time hiding behind Mudgett.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Mudgett

After the beats dies, Mudgett immediately leaps up and starts carving a flank steak out of it's underbelly and stuffing the cut meat into his sack.

Then, pulling out a large knife, he immediately starts skinning the beast, knowing that its scales can make a wonderful set of armor, or perhaps a nice set of drapes.

Wyrven Hide: 1d20+13 24

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Xar clicks and crackles. Rather in pain after that whole ordeal. He crawls over to the others. "Well that was unpleasant. Talked big but in the end it fell and we are still standing." Click.

Spending 3 recoveries to heal.
Recovery 8d8+3 32
Recovery 8d8+3 31
Recovery 8d8+3 40
For a total of 103 hp healed.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Joran

"Hmph. What a pitiful showing; you'd think a dragon of all things would have more bite than bark." Joran extracts an herbal salve from his pack and passes it around to his nearly-dead allies, then moves to kick one of the mutilated corpses. "These things, however, are unnatural; they move, laugh, and kill even in death. This is...very worrying."

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 1, 2014

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Mudgett is able to fashion a very stylish cloak from the dragon's skin before his skinning knife snaps. It's heavy, and really gross, but it is really warm.

Brenner leans against the tavern wall, and Lily sits down cross-legged next to him, watching the square crackle and cool as the heat finally dies down.

Lily begins muttering, thinking aloud to herself. "gently caress, gently caress this is bad. My town's in ruins, everything's on fire, people get sick... people get sick and they don't get better, and my town is on fire, and I don't know what to do."

Brenner sighs and pats her on the shoulder, then turns to you. "So... was your journey fruitful? Also, where did you go? Last I checked you were hunting down some kinda naked snake demon, next thing I know you've been gone for months and reappear just as we're being attacked by giant lizards."

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Mudgett

Storing his recovered material, for he plans to work it into a fashionable cloak during his down time, Mudgett tries to answer Brenner's question. "I'm not really sure where we were. There were certainly lots of demons, and we got some of our questions answered about the Snake Demon we chased, but it was never clear where we were. All I can tell you is that you would not like to go there. But I don't think we were gone for months, it seems like it was just a few hours.

Can you tell us more about those that attacked here, and what happened in our Missing Time?"

After talking such a long speil, Mudgett attempts to cut one of the Wyvern's Legs off and stuff it in his bag for later.

Stuff Wyrven Leg in Sack (+1 Hungry all the time): 1d20+8 21

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Brenner shakes his head. "Things have been getting worse, that's for sure. At first the Ban - we've established that's what it is, right? I'm sure we have by now - well it was more just a general worry. Birth rates were a bit down, productivity was down, just a bit of a general malaise over everyone, you know? But now... now I don't know. People get sick, and they don't get better. They get hurt and wounds don't close. People get distracted and they just kinda... fade off. Never come back, you know? It's spreading too, doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. Folks in Circadia, Faulrem, Tovenaar... doesn't matter, it's everywhere now. Prayers to the gods go unanswered, I've even heard tell of wizards losing their connection the arcane. Whatever's going on it's been getting worse, and there isn't a drat thing we've been able to do about it."

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Joran

"It's hard to believe that in such a short time..." Joran trails off as he eyes the cultists littering the ground; he walks over to one and crouches over it. "Perhaps if their mortal essence does not descend immediately to Hell, we can...extract information from them. It may be hard to intimidate a soul bound for the plane of torment, but the threat of being cast into the void might be enough." He hides a dark grin from the others.

Using Spirit Sight to detect the cultists' spirits

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

To your surprise (or maybe not), these bodies are utterly bereft of souls. And not just because they're dead, their souls have been forcibly removed, and they were removed some time ago.

This does not bode well.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Joran

"drat it. It's only a shell; there isn't even a hint of a soul left." Joran stands and walks over to Brenner. "If there are any still alive, I would like to see your sick. This may be much more serious than we realized."

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Brenner shakes his head. "Won't do you any good, 's just the Ban gettin' worse. I don't think there's any cure for 'em now save for figuring out who or what's defying the Ban."

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Wander

As he and Naděje work to patch each other up ("Can you not heal the talon wound so well? Chicks dig scars.") Wander is actually giving serious thought to how the hell they're going to deal with multiple dangerous fronts. He speaks quietly: "I gotta be honest here, the apocalypse dragons are troubling and all, but if they aren't related to the Ban, realistically they will have to wait. I may have a high opinion of myself but I'm not a complete idiot; if one of those guys catches me on an off-day we're all capital D-dead, and not coming back either because, y'know, soul stealing goin' on."

Turning back to Lily and Brenner, he announces gravely, "We need to regroup and set up to deal with the Ban and this dragon cult, and we can't really do that from a town under attack. We should be hooking up with anyone who recognizes nonsense words like Vints'tsavida, Pandemonium, or Bastion. Be great if I could remember anyone who studied that stuff who wasn't pissed off at me," he trails off, scratching his head.

Knowledge: 1d20+13 26

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

There's two places that would be able to help you. Maybe 3, if you're willing to take a gamble. Tovenaar is a smaller city, but it's home to an arcane university and is reasonably close to here, just a few days' ride. Lynne Jenians is a dean there, and her field of research is the outer planes, though her knowledge may not extend far enough to inform you of the further planes or get you there safely.

A better shot might be the Arcanist capital of Mahna, which holds The Arcane University (yes it's a bit confusing) and in general houses a fairly large wizard population. If anyone has the facilities to get you to the outer planes safely it'll be them, but you may be walking into a shitstorm blind.

Or there is... one more option. You won't like it though. There is The Burned Lady, Scorned of Xizael, Dark Witch of the Wood. As the name implies she's not exactly the nicest woman, and was, indeed, scorned and marked by Xizael. But no one on the mortal plane is as learned of the outer planes, none have such forbidden knowledge as she.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Wander

Wander sums up the options, adding, "If we're going to do this thing we might as well go for broke with the Burned Lady. Surely we can talk her into seeing reason for at least a little bit. Though I would like to find a relatively safe haven for our slightly-tardy-but-no-longer-late Queen and the mightiest warrior I know who can't tell a dragon from a wyvern."

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Naděje

"I agree. I mean it's the end of the world. Getting her help shouldn't be too hard. Hopefully."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Wander

"Frankly I'm concerned it won't be difficult enough and that some horrible trick of fate will screw us over. If you want I can make it more difficult by trying to get her into bed. It's also the quickest way to tell if she's a good witch or a bad witch! What up."

He raises his left hand above his head and turns toward Joran. Xar has no hands to hi-five with and Mudgett's are probably filthy with dragon grease. "Don't leave me hanging."

• Locked thread