Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

How do you exist? The court episode was the single worst episode of the entire series. It was so slow, boring, and ugly. There were like three jokes in the whole thing! And you like it MORE than the amazing finale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Waffleman_ posted:

How do you exist?

I dunno, how does anyone exist? It's not the Dandy way to question these things, baby.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

How do you exist? The court episode was the single worst episode of the entire series. It was so slow, boring, and ugly. There were like three jokes in the whole thing! And you like it MORE than the amazing finale?

The Yuasa episode looked worse.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Genocyber posted:

Was that the fishing episode?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Was that the fishing episode?

yes.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
The worst episode was the trippy plant planet in season 1.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Genocyber posted:

What the gently caress.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Is the soundtrack for this out yet? Also, does anyone know the title of the song at the end of episode 13 when QT fights the giant out-of-control robot?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I thought all the episodes were good and cool, even if some of them weren't my thing. I even sort of liked the court episode!

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
A lot of people hate the court episode, but I liked it okay. Wasn't amazing, wasn't terrible.

The Yuasa episode and the plant planet episode were amazing, though. I could watch a whole series of trippy, weird episodes like that.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I liked every second and it was all amazing. If you asked me to pick a worst moment I might even have a seizure. I guess that's why I don't post much, "this is great!" isn't really a contribution.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I felt a lot more positive about the court episode when it turned out it was all a set up for a single joke.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

madmac posted:

This. They nailed the tone perfectly. It was every stupid HS musical show/movie done as a random episode.

You have to take into account that making a musical is a huge pain in the rear end, as is dubbing it, even more so dubbing it in time for a simulcast. Putting together a competent musical episode as a random one-off joke is just such an awesome, stupid thing to do that you have to respect it.

You can appreciate that something is hard to do and still bad. I will watch the musical episode subbed at some point but the songs were bad, the lyrics were really awkwardly smashed in there, the jokes were less funny than the rest of the series

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

sunburnedcrow posted:

Is the soundtrack for this out yet? Also, does anyone know the title of the song at the end of episode 13 when QT fights the giant out-of-control robot?

It's the last song on OST2, "I should be ..."

Sonictic
Sep 11, 2003

marquise bossyfangs mcsekret
Sitting here re-watching the musical episode just for the songs. I love it so god drat much.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Is the training montage song on the OST at all?

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

OST2, track 20 "Burning&Rising"

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Is the training montage song on the OST at all?

I don't think any of the songs that are sung in the second season are in the second OST. This is of course, not counting DROPKIX and their amazing number 1 single.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

JetpackHowwy posted:

This is of course, not counting DROPKIX and their amazing number 1 single.

MYSTIFIED

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

GorfZaplen posted:

I thought all the episodes were good and cool, even if some of them weren't my thing. I even sort of liked the court episode!

Oh and incidentally, I pretty much agree with this. I didn't like the episode about Dandy's 4D girlfriend but it looked cool and as mentioned Dr. Gel hit it out of the loving park in that episode

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Listen to this cool and good poster you all.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

rodney mullenkamp posted:

It's the last song on OST2, "I should be ..."

Thanks man!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

There's not a single bad episode of space dandy and you have to have brain damage to think that the musical bit was bad.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

mabels big day posted:

There's not a single bad episode of space dandy and you have to have brain damage to think that the musical bit was bad.

I found the musical episode kind of annoying up until Dandy started singing about his love for rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would like to watch the musical episode in Japanese to see if the songs sound any better, because they seemed super off in the dub (which is not very surprising, translating music is a real bad idea)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I thought the music being poorly paced and a little off was the point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wouldn't mind that in most shows but the most impressive aspect of Space Dandy's comedic angle is that every element of the show is supremely well done, from animation to sound design to writing. I can't imagine that they would drop the ball for one episode, and if they did on purpose for a cheap laugh, it just adds more evidence to the pile that the musical episode is the worst one

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I wouldn't mind that in most shows but the most impressive aspect of Space Dandy's comedic angle is that every element of the show is supremely well done, from animation to sound design to writing. I can't imagine that they would drop the ball for one episode, and if they did on purpose for a cheap laugh, it just adds more evidence to the pile that the musical episode is the worst one

It's supposed to be a bit cheesy and bad since it's a parody of poo poo like High School Musical and Glee.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I pre-ordered the Amazon bundle, and I'm going to wear the Boobies trucker hat to the bar and take some sick selfies with it

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I pre-ordered the Amazon bundle, and I'm going to wear the Boobies trucker hat to the bar and take some sick selfies with it

Please post them to this thread.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

Please post them to this thread.

It's not shipping until like February, but of course I will.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Genocyber posted:

It's supposed to be a bit cheesy and bad since it's a parody of poo poo like High School Musical and Glee.

Its supposed to be bad, and not entertaining, and not as funny as the other episodes, its a parody of those things

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Except that it was good and entertaining and funny.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Zodar posted:

Its supposed to be bad, and not entertaining, and not as funny as the other episodes, its a parody of those things

Cheesy and kinda bad does not mean not entertaining.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Look at all these wrong people and their wrong opinions, the musical was one of the best ones.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Apparently Amazon is getting a special edition of the first season of Space Dandy. Man that's a really cool hat.

Also I have a quick question, does anyone happen to know what dandy's charm says on it? I'm kind of curious.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

cmykjester posted:

Apparently Amazon is getting a special edition of the first season of Space Dandy. Man that's a really cool hat.

Also I have a quick question, does anyone happen to know what dandy's charm says on it? I'm kind of curious.

It says Naritasan:

Naritasan is a shrine near the Narita International Airport, but I don't know what meaning it has to Dandy or the producers.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Probably something small that'll get an episode dedicated to it in season 3

oh wait

oh

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Babe Magnet posted:

Probably something small that'll get an episode dedicated to it in season 3

oh wait

oh

It's okay, they'll actually have it be the focal point of the movie instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Have you already forgotten? That tag is what propelled Dandy and Johnny to form the greatest band in the universe.

• Locked thread