Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
The animation of the kung-fu sequence was horribly familiar. I know I've seen that style before. I even saw a Youtube compilation of sequences by the same person. However I'll be damned if I can find it again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Space Dandy's brand of stupidity is a miracle of the Universe. :allears:

Or is it multiverse?

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I'd wager no one else brought back a sample, at the very least.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
"The entire episode will be Space Dandy surfing an exploding moon." :haw:
"Maybe we should throw in a bit of story---"
"Nope! Just surfing!" :haw:

And it was the greatest thing ever.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I'm such a stupid idiot, I hadn't realized Space Dandy had resumed airing. On the plus side, I got to marathon three episodes. I enjoyed all three of them, but Crisis on Infinite Dandys is going to be hard to top. :staredog:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Dessel posted:

Now, thanks to two episodes with somewhat similar themes, I'm genuinely wondering if there's a life form somwehere in the universe that planet hops to procreate or something each time two planets coincide in the same way life on Earth experiences changes due to seasons.

Maybe.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Goddammit, Dandy, you and your :catdrugs: episodes. I had a big goofy grin on my face during the last part of the episode.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

mabels big day posted:

Isn't the giant robot in this episode the same one as in the intro?
Yes, I believe it is. Nicely spotted.

Incidentally, even during its brief glimpse in the opening, it strongly reminded me of a mobile suit from Gundam F91.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I felt a lot more positive about the court episode when it turned out it was all a set up for a single joke.

• Locked thread