Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

The URL is: http://www.goontu.be

What is this?
Originally started on the now dead synchtube, Goontube is a place for goons to watch youtube videos together and chat about it. Since synchtube died, we've struck off on our own with a standalone version. We're still technically in beta, but things are pretty stable for the most part and new features are added regularly.

I don't understand what's happening!
Gtube has been around for over two years now, and a lot of culture has formed over the months. If you don't understand something, ask in chat. Chances are a redname will answer your question, or perhaps just someone who has been around for awhile. Special events (eg Dinosaur Day) happen on occasion and I'll be sure to list them here as well as posting about it in the thread.

Newbie Pointers
-Unless you know what you're doing, avoid posting static-image music tracks. There's no rule against it, but it is known to make the masses grumpy.
-If a mod calls for movie suggestions for a poll, only add one. Also, unless it's a well known movie, add a trailer.
-If you added something you didn't mean to, or simply found something better, you can type "$delete" to delete the last video you added.

:ducksiren: No currently scheduled events. :ducksiren:

Join up, get a :burger: and watch some youtubes with us.

-Previous thread here.

Saganlives has a new favorite as of 21:15 on Dec 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

:siren:GTUBES ARENA:siren:

Arena is a contest of youtube guile, panache and machismo where two users square off against each other!
-Users are either nominated by peers, chosen by a redname or challenged by a rival! Much smack talking is expected of you both!
-A theme is chosen by the officiant!
-Both users add a video that captures the theme in an attempt to win votes from the onlookers! (under 5 minutes unless otherwise directed)
-A poll decides the winner, who goes on to the next round! The loser is metaphorically eviscerated and dismembered.

BONUS MODES
"Blind Vote" - Both videos are submitted to a redname offsite, and are added by proxy, thus the crowds will not know who they are voting for
"Fate" - A winner with a large streak may choose to challenge a rival to a Fate Round. If the challenged accepts, and the challenger wins, the loser is banished from Gtubes for 24 hours or some other hilarious punishment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43me_fy5-B8

Hunter Cadre posted:

Did you know? These chat commands are available for all users:

$whisper <username> <message> = Sends a message that will only be displayed to that user (but will still be saved and searchable by mods in chat history)

$delete = Removes the last video you added from the playlist. You can also click the X on the right side of your playlist entry to remove it.

$ignore <username> = Does not display future messages from specified user. Type again to reverse the effect.

Don't use < or > when typing these in chat or they won't work (Duh)

Saganlives has a new favorite as of 20:52 on Apr 20, 2014

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

why do people bother numbering threads?

RobTG
Sep 11, 2001

by T. Finninho

Kyle Hyde posted:

The URL is: http://www.goontu.be

What is this?
Originally started on the now dead synchtube, Goontube is a place for goons to watch youtube videos together and chat about it. Since synchtube died, we've struck off on our own with a standalone version. We're still technically in beta, but things are pretty stable for the most part and new features are added regularly.

I don't understand what's happening!
Gtube has been around for over two years now, and a lot of culture has formed over the months. If you don't understand something, ask in chat. Chances are a redname will answer your question, or perhaps just someone who has been around for awhile. Special events (eg Dinosaur Day) happen on occasion and I'll be sure to list them here as well as posting about it in the thread.

Newbie Pointers
-Unless you know what you're doing, avoid posting static-image music tracks. There's no rule against it, but it is known to make the masses grumpy.
-If a mod calls for movie suggestions for a poll, only add one. Also, unless it's a well known movie, add a trailer.
-If you added something you didn't mean to, or simply found something better, you can type "$delete" to delete the last video you added.

:ducksiren: No currently scheduled events. :ducksiren:

Join up, get a :burger: and watch some youtubes with us.

-Previous thread here.
gay

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Megadyptes posted:

why do people bother numbering threads?

Mostly for fun.

RobTG
Sep 11, 2001

by T. Finninho

Kyle Hyde posted:

Mostly for fun.

Is ex-moderator and premabanned beastiality poster/collector SilverSliver still an admin for this wonderful website that you have linked?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Why is this in PYF. I thought it was in GBS.

bawk has a new favorite as of 01:02 on Dec 1, 2013

Akito12345
Apr 29, 2010

:duane:
I wasted a ton of time on this site and have had a lot of fun watching videos mostly about inflation/elf dancing. :getin:and add some videos!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

RobTG posted:

Is ex-moderator and premabanned beastiality poster/collector SilverSliver still an admin for this wonderful website that you have linked?

I don't know if "admin" is the right word but she still has a redname, yes.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I'm surprised you had the time to type this enlightening post here, seeing how your fingers are consistently coated on layer upon layer of dried AND goopy semen, the product of your incessant self abuse while watching eating challenge videos.

Thanks for taking the time away from your raw and peeling cock to type this, thanks to you, I'm sure well end up gold mined by virtue of your post alone.

Now I just hope somebody doesn't post this in the PFY funny quotes thread before me, as a chance to bask in the glow of this comedic masterpiece, as they thank me for sharing this gem is jjust too extraordinary an opportunity to pass up.

Btw, goontube is a whole lot of fun and you should check it out if you aren't a massive swollen jag-off

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Before goontube I was bro-less and now I got tons of bros.

RobTG isn't one of them though.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Roydrowsy posted:

Now I just hope somebody doesn't post this in the PFY funny quotes thread before me, as a chance to bask in the glow of this comedic masterpiece, as they thank me for sharing this gem is jjust too extraordinary an opportunity to pass up.

PYF SA Quotes thread is dead and has been for a while. It makes me sad.

Fake edit: Why is this thread in PYF now?

Akito12345
Apr 29, 2010

Well we post our favorite videos to goontube so it makes sense.

RobTG
Sep 11, 2001

by T. Finninho

Volume posted:

I don't know if "admin" is the right word but she still has a redname, yes.

Oh cool that's cool.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Roydrowsy posted:

I'm surprised you had the time to type this enlightening post here, seeing how your fingers are consistently coated on layer upon layer of dried AND goopy semen, the product of your incessant self abuse while watching eating challenge videos.

Thanks for taking the time away from your raw and peeling cock to type this, thanks to you, I'm sure well end up gold mined by virtue of your post alone.

Btw, goontube is a whole lot of fun and you should check it out if you aren't a massive swollen jag-off

jesus christ

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Roydrowsy posted:

This is bad, did you think that this was going to be funny?

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
:siren: Arena is going down. Two Goons enter, one Goon leaves. :siren:

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Hello dongvendors I am rear end-Haggis and I am one of them yellownames. That means I have literally no abilities to do anything except skip videos that are A: inappropriate, or B: blocked in countries, or C: related in any way to satchmo. Don't gently caress it, it's ein verboten thema.

I can also make polls, but gently caress me if I remember how, I'm on painkillers most of the time anyways.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Kyle Hyde posted:

:siren:GTUBES ARENA:siren:

Arena is a contest of youtube guile, panache and machismo where two users square off against each other!
-Users are either nominated by peers, chosen by a redname or challenged by a rival! Much smack talking is expected of you both!
-A theme is chosen by the officiant!
-Both users add a video that captures the theme in an attempt to win votes from the onlookers! (under 5 minutes unless otherwise directed)
-A poll decides the winner, who goes on to the next round! The loser is metaphorically eviscerated and dismembered.

BONUS MODES
"Blind Vote" - Both videos are submitted to a redname offsite, and are added by proxy, thus the crowds will not know who they are voting for
"Fate" - A winner with a large streak may choose to challenge a rival to a Fate Round. If the challenged accepts, and the challenger wins, the loser is banished from Gtubes for 24 hours or some other hilarious punishment.
Speaking of which... :getin:

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

my favorite goontuber is the one who posts funk

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Noblesse Obliged posted:

my favorite goontuber is the one who posts funk
I'm flattered, but I haven't been on GoonTube in like six months.

Call me when the GoonTube mobile app is fit for public consumption. Me and my single Gb of wireless data will be over here...

Waiting...

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Hello GBS refugees, and welcome to PYF! This thread will no longer be moderated according to GBS 2.1 rules, and the standard PYF rules now apply. They are available in this thread and this page. I am going to ignore the lovely posts that I have seen on this page so far and give you time to adjust to the new environment. Stragglers will be shot.

Enjoy your stay in PYF!

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
So, wait, what of our favorite are we supposed to post? Favorite videos? Favorite goontube moments? Favorite tubes?

Is this going to be like the GBS thread where people pretend to be PYF mods and everyone gets banned?

I'm scared. :ohdear:

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Just let that posting ichor flow out of those lacerations in your mind, man. Relax and let your bile show you the way to PYF posting etiquette.

Watching some cool police dramas now, man the 90s were really long ago.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Brother Jonathan posted:

Hello GBS refugees, and welcome to PYF! This thread will no longer be moderated according to GBS 2.1 rules, and the standard PYF rules now apply. They are available in this thread and this page. I am going to ignore the lovely posts that I have seen on this page so far and give you time to adjust to the new environment. Stragglers will be shot.

Enjoy your stay in PYF!

[ ]accept [x]exit

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Goontube is a great place for discovering movies/shows/bands/artists that you didn't know you loved. Its also a great place to meet chill people and have hat parties on webcam.
Grab your beers and your joints and come share your favorite youtube/vimeo videos with us.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Goon tube has brought my :burg: in to a higher level. This little site has brought a ray of sunshine to my time on the road.

:catdrugs:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Watching Charlie Brooker's special tv program that aired last night in UK on video games.

Fluo has a new favorite as of 19:31 on Dec 1, 2013

Hunter Cadre
Jul 15, 2007

Shas'la knows how to chill.

Corgiflop
Dec 1, 2005

Maximum Derp

Goontube transformed my party a while back from :unsmith: to :pcgaming: !

Join us in mayhem! :3:

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012
Good job OP, I think a lot more dead/trolled threads on GBS should be moved to PYF to give a big middle finger to the trolls (I call them the "epic fail losers") in the future. And I know for sure that I will be watching wacky videos with goons in the near future.

Sex Beef 2.0 has a new favorite as of 02:59 on Dec 2, 2013

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
It says that I have an invalid nickname...

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

If you're trying to register, try a shorter name.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

This owns, come to the Youtube party with us.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
We need some sort of combination of :unsmigghh: :effort: and :skip: for those videos where you just want to watch the tubes suffer.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
poo poo's broken. It works fine when I'm not logged in, but the second I register and log in everything breaks. No chat, no vids, spookyass oldschool TV showing static.

Am I haunted?

Focacciasaurus_Rex has a new favorite as of 06:49 on Dec 2, 2013

Akito12345
Apr 29, 2010

Try using Chrome?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
This is glorious.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Akito12345 posted:

Try using Chrome?

It's broken on firefox and chrome. In the same way.

Edit: It keeps tossing out 'invalid name' if that helps.

Focacciasaurus_Rex has a new favorite as of 07:16 on Dec 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubba Blubba
Jul 14, 2011

This owns.

• Locked thread