Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

So if recruitable characters end up with specific descriptors, such as Naughty, some of their dialog changes. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
...I just beat the game on Grueling Campaign. I made it to 110km, decided "gently caress it", smacked the Demon Lord with a holy sword, used the Hero's "ultimate" power, and killed him.

The Hero Dongrod is now the first conqueror of dimension Cocks.

I can't stop laughing.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

God it's so hard to get to 2000km. I guess I shouldn't have tried to do it on Maniac but I'm a Pirate at 1300km and I'm having to use Bash twice to kill EVERYTHING and every time I get hit it's for like 100 damage. :smith:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
This is a roguelike, right? We can make YASD posts here?

Do not:
- Chug a vial of dragon's flame instead of throwing it at the Demon Lord.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

thetrin posted:

Also, big news! One Way Heroics is up on Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=198746495 :toot:
"The Darkness is relentless in its pursuit and nothing can stop it!"? False advertising, I won't stand for th-- wait, you already have my money :(

Top Gym Pumper posted:

God it's so hard to get to 2000km.
I think after the first time you beat it, on second+ runs you can go past 2000 up to I think 10000km? Never done it though :allears:

Reiterpallasch posted:

Do not:
- Chug a vial of dragon's flame instead of throwing it at the Demon Lord.
Yeah, I think most people do that at least once. I suppose you could do it if you have fire-resist gear and are surrounded by enemies, but other than that..

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

Top Gym Pumper posted:

So if recruitable characters end up with specific descriptors, such as Naughty, some of their dialog changes. :lol:

Hahah, wait until you meet one of the more risque party members! He's a riot. He doesn't even need the Naughty modifier!

maketakunai posted:

"The Darkness is relentless in its pursuit and nothing can stop it!"? False advertising, I won't stand for th-- wait, you already have my money :(

This one little secret about the Darkness that Big Indie doesn't want you to know.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Unless the payment plan changed today, I had no problem buying the game without needing that bastard Paypal.

Got to the boss the first time and got surrounded by a bunch of bandits and a wandering monster. He was maybe 25%. There will be more Cuckolding.

Some PETA people got pissy and I got flagged with a bounty. I guess they put a number on my head, leading to a guard killing one and coming right at me like a tank. I got charged with killing two innocents who hit me first.

I once threw a sword instead of dropping it, and it hit a merchant in the head. The entire town lynched me. I fear humans more than monsters.

thetrin fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Dec 4, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Unless the payment plan changed today, I had no problem buying the game without needing that bastard Paypal.

Got to the boss the first time and got surrounded by a bunch of bandits and a wandering monster. He was maybe 25%. There will be more Cuckolding.

Some PETA people got pissy and I got flagged with a bounty. I guess they put a number on my head, leading to a guard killing one and coming right at me like a tank. I got charged with killing two innocents who hit me first.

It kept my saves and I beat him easily. I am the first conqueror of Cuckold.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Dec 4, 2013

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Kinda disappointed that busting a statue doesn't do anything.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
Got a question: when you get the random message to sacrifice 5 levels for a save, is this equivalent to the statue-level down? Or does it take back the stats too? I never try it because it always seems to pop up when I'm doing really good.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
So today's Dosey's Story campaign has Queen Frieda at 480km, if anyone cares. Edit: in retrospect, this should be spoilered!

Also holy poo poo we got plot/:words: all up in this

enigma74 posted:

Got a question: when you get the random message to sacrifice 5 levels for a save, is this equivalent to the statue-level down? Or does it take back the stats too? I never try it because it always seems to pop up when I'm doing really good.

It doesn't hit your stats, but using it means you don't get as much of a point bonus at the end of the run!

diddy kongs feet
Dec 11, 2012

wanna lick the dirt out between ur chimp toes
any tips on Force Users? poo poo I struggle with anything that isn't a blademaster, I just get stomped before I even hit 100k unless I'm pumping agi and carrying crazy weapons over from previous games.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Look for a staff that has Meditation +1 or higher, which should be basically any staff in a tier higher than the first staff. It makes it so that you don't have to meditate before casting spells, which will make your run way easier as you can just burn everything as long as you have food on hand.

It's not hard as a force user to do 700+ damage consistently to enemies without using holy weapons.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 4, 2013

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

Miijhal posted:

Look for a staff that has Meditation +1 or higher, which should be basically any staff in a tier higher than the first staff. It makes it so that you don't have to meditate before casting spells, which will make your run way easier as you can just burn everything as long as you have food on hand.

It's not hard as a force user to do 700+ damage consistently to enemies.

First time I played Force User, I found an upgraded staff right outside the castle. I had stuck all my points in Wisdom, so I spent the rest of the journey one hitting everything for 400+ fire damage. Got the upgraded fire spell right before the Dark Lord guy showed up, promptly two hit him for 1800 dmg a hit. Aside from the hero's ultimate power, easiest run I have had yet.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Here's my Force User Master Guide:

-Get a bunch of starting perks (3-5) in intellect since that lowers energy use so you aren't starving to death all the time, maybe get one willpower perk since you do enough damage as it is and your will growth is better than your int. Also maybe spend a perk on agility or survivor.

-Play it real smart during the early game, you can get into the agro range of elite mobs and stack meditate while they plod toward you the off them.

-When you get to level 10 you can buy lightning and paralysis. You want both, lightning is a 5x5 aoe around you that does the same damage as force fire and paralysis is rooting that you don't need to meditate for so the Demon Lord will never bother you again. Get lightning first if you picked up some teleport pills/confusion scrolls/tentacle weed or if you're just feeling ballsy.

-Don't gently caress with skeleton knights and golems, magic doesn't have good structure damage which normally isn't a problem for walls and chests since you do tons of damage but these guys will gently caress you up.

-The staff of prayers makes it so you always have a charge of meditation stacked while the holy staff has 3 charges, if you get either of these you're basically set.

-When you buy force bolt you're basically ready to kill the demon Lord if you have awakening charges, just lay it on thick.

diddy kongs feet
Dec 11, 2012

wanna lick the dirt out between ur chimp toes
so Force User should always save levels for spells and not cash them in on the statue?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Man, I really want to make Loyal Pet work but I keep losing my friend in new and horrible ways every time. :smith:

E: By the way, thetrin, congrats on getting Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae greenlit. Now we just need Heroics to follow suit!

iastudent fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 4, 2013

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Beat the game for the first time. Easy difficulty with a Knight, only took a low-tier spear from the vault that had 20 durability, used my hero points to unlock Pirate and stored a Battleaxe in my vault only to find out the Pirate starts with it :negative:

I'm seeing a lot of different classes mentioned, do they unlock/become unlockable by playing/beating harder difficulties or do you have to do something special?

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

diddy kongs feet posted:

so Force User should always save levels for spells and not cash them in on the statue?

You can also buy the spells from NPCs, so you can decide whether you want to spend silver you could spend on items, or levels you could spend on stats.

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money
What are those two bars in the upper left corner of the screen, underneath where it says "Online... Dimension <dimension code here>"? Blue one and a red one, blue one always seems to be going down.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Roberto_Silencio posted:

What are those two bars in the upper left corner of the screen, underneath where it says "Online... Dimension <dimension code here>"? Blue one and a red one, blue one always seems to be going down.

IIRC blue bar is time until the status of any other players in the world is updated, red bar is time until your own status is uploaded. Or the other way around.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Demicol posted:

Beat the game for the first time. Easy difficulty with a Knight, only took a low-tier spear from the vault that had 20 durability, used my hero points to unlock Pirate and stored a Battleaxe in my vault only to find out the Pirate starts with it :negative:

I'm seeing a lot of different classes mentioned, do they unlock/become unlockable by playing/beating harder difficulties or do you have to do something special?
The game says what conditions are needed to unlock them without needing to spend points.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

iastudent posted:

Man, I really want to make Loyal Pet work but I keep losing my friend in new and horrible ways every time. :smith:

E: By the way, thetrin, congrats on getting Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae greenlit. Now we just need Heroics to follow suit!

Thanks! We also got EF-12 greenlit at the same time!

I think One Way Heroics is going to be just fine. We just have to make sure we keep nagging people about voting. :)

thetrin fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 5, 2013

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Streaming again: https://www.twitch.tv/migishu

Evaluate me/tell me how terrible I am

Migishu fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 6, 2013

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Got my first win with a knight. Right around when the Demon Lord showed up I noticed the durability ratings for my armor, sword, and shield were around 20 each. Oh gently caress. Then, putting a dumbass grin on my face, two other characters showed up for the "Last Battle" and we pushed the Demon Lord's poo poo in. This is chess, not checkers. Demon Lord thought he had me. :cmon:

Next playthrough I'm going to pretend I'm Turin Turambar and and if other characters show up they will be Tulkas and Eonwe and we'll meet the Demon Lord during Dagor Dagorath. :black101:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Woo finally made it to the end of the world as a Knight :woop:. Having 3 party members who could deal just as much damage as me every turn made all the difference. Couldn't recruit anyone when I attempted it as a Pirate.

e: not entirely convinced that Queen Frieda's Letter does anything.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 5, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Defeated Demon Lord again on starter and got 3 points out of it. I really hope the higher difficulties really scale the points or I have to hold back on spending my extra points from something that might be frivolous.

Castrate is a terrible, horrible dimension. Enemies combo up to 4 times and destroy your gear. I lost 5 shields getting to the boss.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

Defeated Demon Lord again on starter and got 3 points out of it. I really hope the higher difficulties really scale the points or I have to hold back on spending my extra points from something that might be frivolous.

Castrate is a terrible, horrible dimension. Enemies combo up to 4 times and destroy your gear. I lost 5 shields getting to the boss.

They do. Last time I beat the Demon Lord on Normal I got 210 hero points, though I was at 900 something km which is further than you'd typically need to go.

Bro Enlai
Nov 9, 2008

Holy poo poo, the Training Bracelet...

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.
(Unlocks Hero!)

(Uses Zenura Weave).

I... What the gently caress just happened? I just killed the Dark Lord on my first meeting with him. That sounds like a bad joke though.

Only thing left is to start clearing Maniac difficulty now I guess.

That said, does anyone have any codes for worlds that give a decent sized party? I'm thinking of trying a Bard run...

Alectai fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 5, 2013

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Streaming again, beating my head while trying to get a hard difficulty clear with adventurer.

http://www.twitch.tv/iastsa

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
Is there a way to intentionally attack (just a normal melee attack) a target you'd normally talk to? Sara and I had a lovely conversation, but we've nothing more to say to each other for the moment.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Max Peck posted:

Is there a way to intentionally attack (just a normal melee attack) a target you'd normally talk to? Sara and I had a lovely conversation, but we've nothing more to say to each other for the moment.

I never could find a way. Throwing things at them to make them aggro seems to work.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Is there any point to unleashing the demon lord's power from the chests other than to just make the fight more difficult? I'm basically stuck between choosing to open them and taking the bounty or getting an ally.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Swordmaster with all Pro-Wrestler perks is funnier than it has any right to be.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Couldn't have gotten my first secret boss win in a better dimension.

e: don't suppose anyone has found a world with King Victor in it. Wanna get his two endings.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 6, 2013

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Streaming again: https://www.twitch.tv/migishu

Doing some 5x wrestler runs

Done. Got through a dimension with 5x wrestler, now doing 5x survivor to try clear a force user.

Migishu fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 6, 2013

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Top Gym Pumper posted:

Couldn't have gotten my first secret boss win in a better dimension.

e: don't suppose anyone has found a world with King Victor in it. Wanna get his two endings.

I'm pretty sure DICKBUTT has King Victor.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

iastudent posted:

Swordmaster with all Pro-Wrestler perks is funnier than it has any right to be.

It's pretty great, yeah.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Pro-wrestler runs are amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

So how would a bard go about finding party members that aren't your pet or that one soldier at the start?

• Locked thread