Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to see how many kilometers you've traveled? I'm sure sometimes I see something with kms in the UI somewhere, but either it disappears or I'm imagining things, which is likely because for some reason it took me like 2 playthroughs to realize that my HP/SP/Energy are shown right near the center of the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Mehuyael posted:

Is there a way to see how many kilometers you've traveled? I'm sure sometimes I see something with kms in the UI somewhere, but either it disappears or I'm imagining things, which is likely because for some reason it took me like 2 playthroughs to realize that my HP/SP/Energy are shown right near the center of the screen.

Should be down near the bottom left of the screen.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Kanos posted:

The King? I thought there was only Dosey/Galtz/Frieda/Panty/Guard D.

Sometimes the king decides to teleport away after his intro speech and shows up outside the castle. There was an event world last week that made him a guaranteed spawn.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Cleared Grueling with the Adventurer - shield perk is cheesy.

I stopped at 680km, I probably should have kept going, I had a pretty insane stock of gear. Also got the Queen as my companion, but completing the game didn't give me any special ending? Perhaps because I didn't finish her personal dialogue completely or something.

Hunter/Force/Hero remaining. I banked two holy staves :stare: Guess I'll use one of those for the Force, and try Hunter or Hero on Maniac again.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

victrix posted:

Also got the Queen as my companion, but completing the game didn't give me any special ending? Perhaps because I didn't finish her personal dialogue completely or something.

Yeah you have to complete their conversation lines to get the companion endings.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Awakening makes you easily cross mountains and rivers. Thanks, fairy and Demon Lord.

I am not getting any Hero Points and I went 1000KM after finishing cowbell, which doesn't have Goddess Statues until around 400KM. Found the Queen and she was disturbingly strong. My Effort!

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 12, 2013

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Emong posted:

Should be down near the bottom left of the screen.

Thank you, that's really good to know. I don't know why the UI is confusing me so much. Too much information maybe?

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
Is....is Hero's Zenura Weave supposed to break the game in half after firing it off? :stonklol: I just tore Inhumane Oddysey a new rear end without even touching the dimensional vault mostly because of it!

I'm......going to have to try restraining myself from now on.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Oh god, one of the campaigns for today: No EXP gain but better items dropped. :stare:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

That seems totally doable with Vault, but no idea how well it'd go on Maniac/Grueling...

I'll give it a try :v:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well, I beat the Dark Lord just now. It's all thanks to the special dimension where you get the king, as soon as I saw that I just got a Knight with all the charisma perks I could get and went to town letting him burn everything.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
So I used the Buddy Tablet on the Demon Lord. What now? Can I get her to follow me?

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

So I used the Buddy Tablet on the Demon Lord. What now? Can I get her to follow me?

Do you know how what the common enemy you share is? You need to show them that you can kill (or at least hurt) it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is there a manual?

I look forward to any encounters with the Jade guys. They are a boon to advancing.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

booksnake posted:

Do you know how what the common enemy you share is? You need to show them that you can kill (or at least hurt) it.

Hrmmm, nope! I always end up dying after roughly 600km so I gotta keep pushing forward.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

booksnake posted:

I can't figure out how to actually make this work. I tried chucking a buddy tablet at her, then aggroing the dragon with a Holy Weapon. Am I on the wrong track, or is it a question of ordering?

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

How do I access the third sprite for the classes? Swordsman has three sprites for some reason, but the rest only have two.

e. nvm I figured it out after my first demon lord win. Also "the first conquerer of dimension butts"? Really, guys?

Corridor fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 14, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Rebooting the computer seems to fix some issues with the game. I now get HP for my efforts and more classes/perks were unlocked from the start.

Certainly worth the bucks.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

This game sounds like it owns, and I'm definitely gonna have to get it. Thanks, Top Gym Pumper.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Found a bug where moving between two music zones at the right time, will mute it. Fix by reloading a save.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

Scalding Coffee posted:

Is there a manual?

I look forward to any encounters with the Jade guys. They are a boon to advancing.

There isn't, but there's already a Japanese wiki. Hopefully an EN wiki gets off the ground at some point. There's a ton to discover under the hood.

Reiterpallasch posted:

I can't figure out how to actually make this work. I tried chucking a buddy tablet at her, then aggroing the dragon with a Holy Weapon. Am I on the wrong track, or is it a question of ordering?

You're really close.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Rebooting the computer seems to fix some issues with the game. I now get HP for my efforts and more classes/perks were unlocked from the start.

Certainly worth the bucks.

We'll let the developer know that this bug exists. Thanks.

thetrin fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Dec 17, 2013

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
I'm level 350, 3500 km in, on Gruel Maniac mode, my two party members are both at 999 HP, I'm up to my ears in buddy tablets, teleportation pills, confusion scrolls and healing items. Nothing poses the tiniest threat to me anymore.

The problem is, two holy shrines spawned way, way earlier in the game than they should have, without me having any means to open them.

:( There's going to be more if I just keep going forward, right? So I can end this? I'm going to be frustrated if the game caps holy shrine spawns at 2 and all this has been for nothing.

Also, has there been any word as to whether or not this game will receive extra content updates in the future? More classes, items, perks, etc?

Jesto fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 17, 2013

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
I guess all I needed to go was 1000 km more for another holy shrine to show up. Holy sword, holy bow appeared and beat the final boss. :) Though I wonder, what point was there to recruiting the demon lord? She didn't do anything to contribute in that fight, she just appeared in a special ending text. Did I miss something?

And more importantly, where is there to go from here? Any secret content I haven't noticed?

Jesto fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 17, 2013

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There will be lots more stuff, like hotkeys, when they make a OWH+ patch.
Did you make it to the end of the world? Get going, skippy.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

Scalding Coffee posted:

There will be lots more stuff, like hotkeys, when they make a OWH+ patch.

OWH+ has ballooned in size since work started. It's going to be a separate release.

By the way, I have 100 Playism coupon codes I want to give out to SA. Each coupon is good for a free copy of OWH, and you're welcome to pass the coupon off to anyone you'd like! What would be the best way to post them? Just dump them in a post?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

thetrin posted:

OWH+ has ballooned in size since work started. It's going to be a separate release.

By the way, I have 100 Playism coupon codes I want to give out to SA. Each coupon is good for a free copy of OWH, and you're welcome to pass the coupon off to anyone you'd like! What would be the best way to post them? Just dump them in a post?

Maybe PM a Games mod I dunno.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Is there any way to buy this without loving paypal? I've spent the last half hour modifying my account and changing settings trying to buy this game, but no matter what I do I get an error code on checkout. I've had this paypal account for years, and it is premium, but I haven't used it in a few months. Nothing else gives me the same problem. I can't even use the card associated with the paypal account as a non-paypal payment, because it gets flagged by paypal as being associated with a member account. I really want to give my 2 dollars away to this game but paypal is determined to stop me.

thetrin posted:

You could be the solution to all my problems friend~! I would PM you about getting a code, but it seems you don't have them available. If you wouldn't mind emailing one to narcissism@gmail.com that would really make my day.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Seems like the process of saving your effort after you die is when you will no longer get any more HP. Exit out before the game saves so you won't get robbed of advancing further. You can still change your vault items and get other stuff. I still have not tried to change dimensions for that class, so maybe I won't be screwed out of 150HP.

I got a different form to fill out when I ordered. Maybe because the card wasn't tied to bastard Paypal.

Can the vault be made to hold a bundle of weightless items? You can't do anything with a few arrows.

Looks like the game had a price drop instead of a sale.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 19, 2013

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
This game seems pretty rad, I just picked it up for a cool $0.99. It must have been on sale or something?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Beard Yawn posted:

This game seems pretty rad, I just picked it up for a cool $0.99. It must have been on sale or something?

Playism is currently doing their holiday sale, that's why.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Scalding Coffee posted:

Seems like the process of saving your effort after you die is when you will no longer get any more HP. Exit out before the game saves so you won't get robbed of advancing further. You can still change your vault items and get other stuff. I still have not tried to change dimensions for that class, so maybe I won't be screwed out of 150HP.

What's this? Am I supposed to get HP bonuses or something with each playthrough + death?

thetrin
May 4, 2009

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

What's this? Am I supposed to get HP bonuses or something with each playthrough + death?

HP = Hero Points. The points you spend on perks, new classes and Dimensional Vault slots. It occurs to me now how confusing that can be...

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

thetrin posted:

HP = Hero Points. The points you spend on perks, new classes and Dimensional Vault slots. It occurs to me now how confusing that can be...

Oh. Well nevermind then!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The time-tested health bar shouldn't be named Life then, but it does its job at confusing people.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.

Scalding Coffee posted:

You mean the 2000km mark end of the world? :confused: Of course I did. I said I got to 4500km and level 450, and the secret ending with the secret boss. Unless you're saying there's a true end of the world at like 10000km or something.

thetrin posted:

A lot of devs on SA just dump a bunch of codes in a post. What happens is that one jerk comes along and takes every single code in that post to resell. You might be better off setting a private giveaway up on SteamGifts, or PMing a mod to make a thread and let 100 people post there for a copy. Or making your own thread and personally PMing / emailing one to everyone who makes a post.

Jesto fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Dec 19, 2013

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

thetrin posted:

I've wanted to play this game for a while now but I straight up can't use Paypal. I'd definitely use one of these if you wanted to email one to ryanac@gmail.com

If you want to hand them out randomly the best way is to post them in small batches over a day, I think. That's what most people do for LoL skin codes. You could also make a post in PGS about it and just attach a time where you're gonna dump them. I'm sure people will show up.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Just got this game yesterday and I'm having a ton of fun. I much prefer roguelikes like these, where you win or lose relatively quickly. Haven't even made it 400km but that's usually because I'm dumb and forget to use Awakening or w/e on something tough. force User is sooooo good.

e: Oh yeah, how do I sell stuff, and retrieve items from the dimensional storage thing?

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 19, 2013

Voisk
May 9, 2013
Picked up this game a week or two ago and I really do like it. Thus far my most played class is bard because once you get about two followers you become pretty powerful... It's generally best to play the worlds where someone is at the start for recruitment however. Just focus on defense when things get real (Use that handy defense move) and if you can find someone to teach you the spell that reduces physical damage by half that's a good step. I also tend to burn my first thirtyish levels on Vitality upgrades so I have a better chance to survive.

I suppose I also had a lot of fun playing a Hero with five ranks of pro-wrestler using his special ability.

Oh as for those codes... yeah posting them all doesn't sound like it would be the right way to go. I personally would like one to give as a gift to a friend of mine.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I agree, doing a big code dump in the thread is gonna be too liable to lurkers just picking them off. A PGS thread or some more personal method of delivery would be your best shot.

I'd definitely take one to give to a friend, however you decide to go about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Genocyber posted:

Just got this game yesterday and I'm having a ton of fun. I much prefer roguelikes like these, where you win or lose relatively quickly. Haven't even made it 400km but that's usually because I'm dumb and forget to use Awakening or w/e on something tough. force User is sooooo good.

e: Oh yeah, how do I sell stuff, and retrieve items from the dimensional storage thing?

Selling stuff: talking to a merchant of any kind (this includes Chefs after you buy a meal and Save Attendants when you ask to buy Save Crystals) will bring up the inventory exchange menu. Moving left and selecting one of your items will sell it to the merchant.

Dimensional Vault: Once you have something in the Vault, a guard appears in the starting castle near the right exit. Talking to her gives you the option of opening your vault and pulling items out/putting items in.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I thought this was intentional so that you couldn't save at the end of a run, die/clear the game, get Hero Points, reload the save, get more Hero Points and repeat.

Jesto posted:

I guess all I needed to go was 1000 km more for another holy shrine to show up. Holy sword, holy bow appeared and beat the final boss. :) Though I wonder, what point was there to recruiting the demon lord? She didn't do anything to contribute in that fight, she just appeared in a special ending text. Did I miss something?

And more importantly, where is there to go from here? Any secret content I haven't noticed?

As far as I can tell all partners are kind of useless for that fight. So, no, it's just a special ending.

As for any more content: you can go for other special endings, and there's a level of difficulty beyond Grueling. Maybe try that?

booksnake fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 19, 2013

• Locked thread