Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Just picked this game up. I'm having a lot of fun so far, even if I've yet to even get to 400km.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, I was playing on what I assume is Normal difficulty, and I fought the Demon Lord at somewhere around 1000km, had a +9 Longsword (Confusing, Binding, Burning, and lots of Quality) and opened with a Vial of Acid. I threw a loving Eagle Blade at him when it was 1 from breaking, and was doing 50-100 damage per hit with my +9, including more than a handful of double or triple hits, with only occasional pulls back to heal or avoid getting blasted by fire.

And I still only got him down to like 1/2 health before he left. Then I ran like hell for 400km from demons and that apparently expected me to be way stronger than I am, until I got cornered by double-moving super-elite lions. And I spent most of my levels at Goddess Statues on Agility! Did I end up with some inexplicable superdick of a world that suddenly ramped up at around 800km, or is every game like that and I'm just missing something? If it helps, the worldseed name was Fsteak.

Also, what happens if you keep running from him forever? I've heard something about different endings, but have no idea how to trigger any of them.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 28, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay.

So, on #2: Can I save/load, or does it have to be a 'raw' file where I'd still get Hero points? And on #3, how difficult a fight are we talking?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Powercrazy posted:

It also doesn't help that on the rare occasions I find a holy weapon, it ends up breaking pretty quickly and there doesn't seem to be a reliable way to keep your weapon repaired.
From one newbie to another, the best thing I've found so far is to have a high-durability, average-damage weapon like a Short/Long Sword for mook fighting, and then your "Oh poo poo" weapon that you're slowly stacking buffs on in your backpack. If you have the carry weight for it, a back-up shield doesn't hurt, either. Armor tends to keep its durability much better as long as you've got a shield and/or decent dodge, though.

Alternatively, play a Swordmaster, stack five ranks of Pro Wrestler, and then pour all your Goddess Statue usage into Strength, then Fist of the North Star everyone to death. :getin:

Also, best tip for saving weapon durability: Wooden arrows cost no weight, are dirt cheap, and do pretty decent damage when you throw them if your Strength is even mediocre. Stock up on them, and you can take out weak enemies as they approach without so much as denting your sword.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 28, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Is Soldier D worth that huge amount of Charisma?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Archenteron posted:

I actually can't stop punching things to death and play the game normally. I will never defeat the Darkness like this.
Wean yourself off. Play a x2 or x3, so it's a decent backup weapon, but you learn not to rely on it when you have actual weapons.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fire damage in general is Bad News, but dragons are big and bulky and use fire exclusively.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I got killed by an exploding bomb in by inventory for the first time this morning!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

thetrin posted:

- Increased the drop rate for Slender Spear by 1.5x.
- Increased the chance that Slender Spear will appear in shops by 1.2x.
Good. Slender Spear is way too rare for how fragile and mediocre it is.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Same here. Downloaded this on a whim a couple days ago and I'm hooked. Haven't had this much fun with a roguelike since FTL came out.

Seriously: I really like this game. Good music. Good sprite graphics. Good progressions. Everything.

Note: if it seems easy to anyone (it did to me) just beat it a couple times to unlock the harder modes. Becomes way more "roguelike" (aka way more difficult and you die a lot really easily) that way.
That, and/or play something besides Knights and Swordmasters.

Alternatively, if you want to make a complete mockery of the game? 5x Pro Wrestler Perk on a Swordmaster is incredibly cheesy, because of how critical hits work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

I haven't played in a while since (I think) I finished everything possible to do in the game, but has there been found anything about (end-endgame spoilers)there being someone else behind the "Darkness Dragon"? One of the endings if you finish the game on the hardest difficulty says that you momentarily see someone manipulating the darkness, but get pulled away before you reach them.

I never managed to find out if there was something more to that, even though I finished the game with every class on the hardest difficulty with Maniac Mode on.
There's two more very different endings. One can only be gotten by marathoning for a loooong time, like 2000-5000 km.. The other requires attacking the left edge with a holy weapon and winning.

• Locked thread