Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I've only ever skimmed 13A, and seen people talk about it here, I like OUTs and the e-die, but otherwise I'd be coming into this absolutely cold, and without a clue (much like I did when I apped this game in the first place :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I don't own 13th age or know how it works at all but uh if other people want to switch then I don't mind I guess?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

AXE COP posted:

I don't own 13th age or know how it works at all but uh if other people want to switch then I don't mind I guess?

They have their SRD up on their site.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

AXE COP posted:

You should get in IRC and we can help. :v:

I guess we'll wait and see how Wol feels about a system swap, then we can move on.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
I sort of don't want to devote a lot of mental faculties to learning a brand-new system but mostly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Race Relations isn't switching :ssh:

Okay people are pretty neutral to ambivalent to swapping so Saints (also hopefully including Wol :ohdear:)!

You can either reroll your current character to a 13th Age class or make an entirely new character. Houserules:

- All classes on the Vault or Page XX, as well as the Monk, Druid and Commander playtests are legal, as well as certain others (Ryven's Theurge, Martial Artist or Lurker, Captain Walker's Seeker off the top of my head).
- Official Monks deal damage and attack with Dex; they still use Wis to determine Ki.
- The Vault Witch gets a free level-appropriate at-will from the cleric, sorcerer or wizard lists depending on which shares your primary stat.
- Fighters can make any flexible attack with ranged weapons.
- Crossbows are no action to reload, and there is no risk of hitting allies when firing ranged attacks into melee; thus, Rapid Reload and Precise Shot are useless. Don't take them! :buddy:

Create at level 1 with two incremental advances. If you need help, get in IRC!

Here's the icons for the setting, in which you may see some familiar faces because this was meant for a third party: Icon List Ignore the first page, it's stuff for a different game I was going to run.

e: I think Mykkel is going Cleric, Lurks is going Wizard and Sereth is going Theurge if people care about doubling up on classes (I don't).

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Mar 5, 2014

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Okay, I'm going to make a new character, as I just don't think Harim translates to 13th age. So I'm going cleric, don't know much else than that right now. I'll try to jump on IRC tonight.

I think I could remake Harim as an elementalist, is this class legit: https://www.pelgranepress.com/?p=13118

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 5, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I've heard it's slightly low on damage, but if that becomes a problem we can fix it.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Also, I don't mind if you take another class's feature as a talent swap; 404 is taking the sorcerer's Empowerment for his theurge, and Wol is presumably taking the the theurge's Elemental Proclivity to Always Be on Fire.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
So here's my sheet so far:

I'm a little stumped for what to do as a good OUT.

pre:
Sereth
Level 1 Human Mercenary (Theurge)

One Unique Thing: On one of my first jobs, back in Khairne, I was sent to bind a troublesome 
                  Spirit (I was the only mage they had). But, instead of finishing the job, 
                  the spirit offered me a boon for it's freedom. Ever since that day, 
                  I can see perfectly in the dark.

STR	14	(+2)		Hit Points	36 (19 Staggered0
CON*	16	(+3)		Recoveries	8
DEX	12	(+1)		Recovery Dice	1d6+3
INT*	18	(+4)		Armour Class	14
WIS	10	(+0)		Physical Def.	14
CHA	08	(-1)		Mental Def.	12
				Initiative	+2

Icons
	The Archons of Khairne (Conflicted 2)(Ambiguous)
I have nothing against the rulers of my homeland, but I'm probably not on anyone's honored 
citizen list either, what with being a flunked arcane university student, and wandering 
soldier of fortune. I got out just as civil war broke out, but I still have a fondness for 
home and seek news about Khairne when I can.

Name (Positive/Conflicted/Negative 1)
		Description

Backgrounds
	Undisciplined Arcane Prodigy (INT) +4
		Sereth was abysmal at studying runes and theory, but excellent in practical applications of 
                arcane magic. Used to solve magical problems, or use magic to solve mundane problems.

Mercenary (CON) +3
		After being expelled from the Arcane University, Sereth has spent the last several years 
                selling his talents as a mercenary. The experience has toughened him up and educated him 
                about the harsh realities of the world. Used to sense motives, endure hardship, or 
                intimidate other people.

Walks in Shadow (DEX) +2
		Too often, a job calls for a little stealth, and while he's no thief or assassin, Sereth 
                knows a thing or two about moving unnoticed.a Catch-all sneakiness background.

Physically Fit (STR) +1
		Unlike the vast majority of mages, Sereth is no stranger to hard physical exertion. 
                He's quite strong and athletic.

Feats
	Mass Enchantment (A)
		You may target multiple nearby enemies with your attack instead of just engaged enemies.
	Gather Power (A)
		Once per battle, you can choose the chaotic benefit you want instead of rolling for it.
	Further Backgrounding
		Adds two more background points.

Class Features
	 Elemental Proclivity
                 Choose two damage types: Fire, Lightning. You may deal these damage types (in 
                 addition to untyped damage) with your MAGIC attacks.
	 Touch of Life
                 Twice per encounter, you may allow a nearby ally to immediately spend a recovery as a 
                 quick action.
	 Sacrificial Ritual
                 Attempts at ritual magic are more costly. Most of the time, one of your recoveries is 
                 a sufficient sacrifice in place of a spell to perform a lasting magical working.

Class Talents
	Mass Enchantment
		You may choose to step down your MAGIC damage dice to attack additional enemies. For 
                each die size you step down, you may attack another enemy who is [Near] you.
	Protective Casting
		Once per encounter, you may add +2 to your own or an ally’s AC as an interrupt action.
	Gather Power (Approved by Hashtags)
		Once initiative has been rolled and a battle is underway, Sereth can spend a standard 
                action to gather magical power, and casting a double-strength spell with his next 
                standard action. In addition, because you spend your standard action to gather power, 
                you generate a small magical benefit. Roll a d6 and consult the appropriate table below.
Chaotic Benefit, Adventurer Tier (levels 1–4) 
Roll (d6) Effect 
1-2 You gain a +1 bonus to AC until the start of your next turn.
3-4 Deal damage equal to your level to all nearby staggered enemies. 
5-6 Deal damage equal to your level to one nearby enemy.

Racial Power
	Quick to Fight
		At the start of each battle, roll initiative twice and choose the result you want.

Powers & Spells
	MAGIC
	Melee,Close-quarters or Ranged spell
 	Target: Varies enemies in line of sight, nearby
	Attack: 4 + Level vs AC
	Hit: 1d8+4 damage (1 Target)
             1d6+4 damage (2 Targets)
             1d4+4 damage (3 Targets)
	Miss: damage equal to your level

Basic Attacks
	Melee At-Will (Dagger)
	Target: Nearby, 1 enemy
	Attack: 2 + Level vs. AC
	Hit: 1d4 + 2 damage
	Miss: --

Melee At-Will (Staff)
	Target: Nearby, 1 enemy, or 1d3 nearby enemies
	Attack: 2 + Level vs. AC
	Hit: 1d6 + 2 damage
	Miss: --

Equipment
	Dagger (1d4) Obsidian ritual knife
	Staff (1d6) Ebony Mage staff with silver inlaid designs
	Shield (AC1) Actually a shield spell.
	Average Quality Clothing
Miscellany
	Focus of Power: Arcane Tattoos
	Ritual Components
	Spellbook (A)
	Thieves' tools (A)
	Basic Adventuring Gear:
       Flint and tinder box
	Money pouch (small)
	Pack/traveling satchel
	Rain cloak/Coat
	Road rations (5 days)
	Sleeping roll
	Water flask
        Liquor flask
	Crowbar (iron)
	Grappling hook (iron)
	Rope, 50 ft good

7 Gold, 7 Silver
Incremental Advances
        [ ]Ability Score Bonus            [X]Feat              [ ]Skills
        [ ]Icon Relationship Point        [X]Hit Points        [ ]Extra Magic Item
        [ ][ ][ ][ ]Power/Spell  

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 11, 2014

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

My sheet so far.

pre:
Harim
Level 1 Half-Orc Chosen of Kord (Elementalist)[/url]

One Unique Thing: Kord speaks to Harim from time to time, it usually results in Harim having to
do something dangerous and heroic.

STR	16	(+3)		Hit Points	24 (12 Staggered)
CON*	12	(+1)		Recoveries	8
DEX	14	(+2)		Recovery Dice	1d8+1
INT*	10	(+0)		Armour Class	15
WIS	16	(+3)		Physical Def.	14
CHA	10	(+0)		Mental Def.	12
				Initiative	+3

Icons
	Mother Eveque (Positive 2)(Heroic)
Harim recently started working for the Order of Silver Thorns.  So far, it's just been keep an ear open for enemies of Tirhala.

Tiamat, the Grudge-Bearer (Negative 1)(Villanious)
Harim had the audacity to not only survive a cultist attack on one of the caravans headed into Lunea, but also organized the guards
and led the defeat of the cultists.

Backgrounds
	Grew up in an Orc Army +2
		Harim is the son of a whore that followed the Orc Warboss Karik, before Karik settled in to rule Throndar.

Priest of Kord Training +4
		After calling down lightning on a client that thought he could hit Harim's mother, Apriest of Kord
	trained Harim in the divine arts. Harim did not complete the rituals to become a priest.
	Caravan Guard +1
		Harim has been making a living as a caravan guard, since Karik started to rule Throndar.
	Agent of the Order of the Silver Thorns +1
		Harim was recently recruited into the order, he's barely learned the signs and counter-signs.

Feats
	Elemental Bond (A)
		Elemental Resistance is now 16+.
	Resounding Thunder (A)
		Bonus Damage applies to 1d2 nearby enemies.

Class Features
	 Elemental Bond
                 Bond with Lightning. Resistance 12+ to this energy type. Elementalist powers do lightning damage.
	 Elemental Manipulation
                 As a standard action create a torch-like source of light that lasts until end of battle, or 1 minute
		outside of battle.

Class Talents
	Absorption
		Once per battle when Elemental bond halves damage from attack, as freee action either spend a recovery, or
		make special close-quartes Wisdom + leve vs PD atttack against nearby enemy. On a hit, that enemy also takes 
		half damage from triggering attack.
	Lightning Thorns
		While conscious and not stunned, deal Wisdom Modifier in damage to each enemy who hits with a melee attack
	and rolls an odd attack roll.  This attack hits after their attack damages you. at 5th (2x), 8th (3x).
	Staff of Lightning
		As a free action, summon lightning staff (1d6). Weapn discoporates at the end of battle.

Racial Power
	Lethal
		Once per battle reroll a melee attack and use the roll you prefer as the result.

Powers & Spells
	Stormblade
	Close-quarters attack
 	Target: 1d3 nearby enemies in a group
	Attack: Wisdom + Level  vs PD
	Hit: 1d6 +3 

Resounding Thunder
	Melee or Ranged
 	Target: 1 nearby enemy
	Attack: Strength(Melee) or Dexterity (Ranged) + Level vs AC
	Hit: 1d6+3 (M) or 1d4+2 (R) At end of your turn, one random nearby enemy takes Wisdom Modifier in damage.
	5th (2x), 8th (3x) 

Ignition
	Melee or Ranged
 	Target: One enemy
	Attack: Strength(Melee) or Dexterity (Ranged) + Level vs AC, 
	Hit: 1d6+3 (M) or 1d4+2 (R) on a natural even attack roll, the target takes
	ongoing lightning damage equal to twice your level.  Ongoing damage does not stack with ongoing damage
	of the same type.

Basic Attacks
	Melee At-Will
	Target: 
	Attack: +4 vs. AC
	Hit: 1d6+3
	Miss: 1

Ranged At-Will
	Target: 
	Attack: +3 vs. AC
	Hit: 1d4+2
	Miss: 1

Equipment
	Dagger (1d4) 	
	Basic Adventuring Gear

Miscellany
	25 gold
Incremental Advance
	[x] Feat 	
	[x]Power/Spell

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I should probably post my 13th Age sheet too, while I'm at it. Not using the same [pre] sheet as the last two because gently caress The Character Sheet Police. (Also because pre tags are a pain in the rear end to work with.)

Eydis, 13th Age Edition posted:

Human Wizard 1
OUT: Is the reincarnation of Necromancer Queen Allania
HP: 32
AC: 13
PD: 11
MD: 15
Initiative: +2
Recoveries: 8, 1d6+2

Str 8
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 16+2
Wis 14+2
Cha 12

Backgrounds:
Once And Future Queen +3 - Stuff she knows because she's the reincarnation of a great and terrible necromancer-queen.
Apprentice Spiritualist +3 - Stuff she knows because of her training under Accellus Longtooth.
Know-It-All +2 - Stuff she knows because she's a goddamn smartass who had access to too many books.

Icons:
Accellus Longfang 2-Conflicted - Eydis is mentioned in his Icon description. Of course she have a notable relationship with him.
Argus Darkmoon 1-”Positive” - Eydis tries to keep good relations with as many extraplanar forces as possible. She laughs at them because they think they can change the Feywild, they laugh at her because she thinks people care about her past life, it's a very equal relationship.

Talents:
Cantrip Mastery (Can cast cantrips as a quick action, 11+ save to do something really cool, can spend a 3rd+ level spell to cast a very powerful version of the cantrip)
Vance’s Polysyllabic Verbalizations (If I use a quick action while casting a Daily or Recharge spell gain a bonus effect based on the needlessly elaborate name I give the spell.)
Wizard’s FamiliarSpirit (Gain a familiar with two abilities, noted below.)
-Flight(can fly), Counter-Bite(1d4 damage to first enemy to hit me with a melee attack)

Feats
Cantrip Mastery (Gain cantrips based on prepared spells.)
Ray of Frost (On a natural even hit the target is dazed if it is staggered after taking damage from this attack.)

Spells Prepared:
Ray of Frost
Color Spray
Blur
Acid Arrow
*utility*

Equipment
Ritual Mace(1d4)
Robes(Light Armor)
Ritual Components
25gp

Incremental Advances:
+1 to skills
HP increased

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 7, 2014

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
[under construction]

pre:
Nyka
"Dark Elf" (Tiefling) Martial Artist

One Unique Thing ??? - 
		???

STR	10	(+0)		Hit Points	27
CON	14	(+2)		Recoveries	8
DEX	18	(+4)		Recovery Dice	1d8+2
INT	8	(-1)		Armour Class	15
WIS	10	(+0)		Physical Def.	13
CHA	17	(+3)		Mental Def.	12
				Initiative	+5

Icons
	Archons of Khairne (Negative 2)
		The Archons have to go! Down with the Archons, power to the people! Those guys screwed everything
                up. After inciting a few riots in Khairne, Nyka's in good with anyone who doesn't like them.
	General Maergwyn of Tanna (Positive 1)
		Nyka and General Maergwyn are vicious foes - in drinking contests and sport. Beneath the 
                competitive animosity and cutting taunts, however, lies a strong mutual jib-cut liking. The two are
                kindred spirits in brash red-bloodedness, and while the law may sometimes separate them, the
                General does not hesitate to call upon Nyka's aid when she needs something punched, set on fire,
                or exploded.

Backgrounds
 	Pariah +2
                Looking like a demon isn't the best way to make people trust you in Khairne, and a defiant
                young Nyka decided she might as well embrace the stereotypes. Whether or not that was a good
                idea, she now has some experience with the very lowest rung of society.
	poo poo Disturber +4
                Everyone knows the Archons of Khairne are full of crap, but Nyka's position as somewhat of
                an untouchable meant she had nothing to lose by saying it out loud. At least she thought so.
                After she led a couple riots, she lost the privelege of not having a massive bounty placed
                on her head and being forced to skip town. At least she knows how to work a crowd and rile
                people up.
	Harpastum Hotshot +2
                ???

Feats
        ???
                ???

Class Features
        Martial Forms
                If you are hampered, lose all benefits of your form except the damage dice.
	Qi
                Qi pool: 4
                After each quick or full rest, you regain Qi up to your current maximum value.
        Two-Weapon Fighting

Class Talents
	Armored Artist
	Diamond Soul
	Perfected Technique
                Once per battle, spend a qi point to disarm your opponent as part of a melee attack.

Racial Power
	Cruel
		Once per battle, deal 3*level ongoing damage to a target you hit with a natural even 
                attack roll as a free action.

Forms
        Lapping Waves Form
             Soft Style, d6 damage, unarmed only
             Effect: While in this form, gain +1 AC and PD.
             When you switch into this form from another Soft form, you may make a disengage check against 
             each engaged enemy with a +4 bonus.
             Qi Power: WQi Power: When you hit with a basic melee attack, the target takes -2 to all 
             attacks until the end of its next turn.
        Oaken Pole Form
             Hard Style, d8 damage, unarmed or weapon
             Effect: While in this form, you add your level to your damage rolls when you hit.
             When you switch into this form from another Hard form, reduce the damage the next attack deals 
             to you by your level.
             Qi Power: When you hit with a basic melee attack, add another damage die to your roll.
        Tumbling Rock Form
             Hard Style, d8 damage, unarmed only
             Effect: While in this form, you may force a target you hit with a melee attack to 
             pop free.
             When you switch into this form from another Hard form and are not engaged with an enemy, 
             you may take a move action.
             Qi Power: When you hit with a basic melee attack, deal damage equal to your Dexterity modifier 
             plus level to another engaged enemy.

Basic Attacks
	Melee At-Will
	Target: Enemy
	Attack: +5 vs. AC
	Hit: FORM+5 damage
	Miss: level [1] damage

Ranged At-Will
	Target: Enemy
	Attack: +5 vs. AC
	Hit: FORM+5 damage
	Miss: -

Equipment
	Standard traveling gear
        Clothing, simple
        Clothing, good
        Knives(5)
        Sai
        Thieves' tools

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
So is Saint's Row still on for playing as 13th Age?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I can probably continue it with a few people still working on their sheets; I might post an update tonight or tomorrow.

(Finish your sheets you wieners)

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

I think my sheet is finished. Did I miss something?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Waiting on Wol and AXE COP, plus a replacement for Kodache.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
No worries I just realized I hadn't posted in any of the games I was in in a loooong time. :v:

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Sheet coming tomorrow, maybe. It's half finished but I forgot how irritating it is to write stuff out by hand.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
pre:
Ketta
Race: Human
Class: Ranger

OUT: I am a warrior from a lost race of Not Vikings who has been cursed with cathood (along with all my animals).

DEX: 20 (18+2)
WIS: 16 (14+2)
CON: 12
STR: 10
CHA: 8
INT: 8

HP: 32
AC: 16 (14+2)
PD: 12 (11+1)
MD: 9  (10-1)
BP: 8
RD: 10 x 1d8

Init: 1d20+10

Icon Relationships:

The Immortals of Midjungard (Positive 1)(Ambiguous) 

Ketta is almost unquestionably the last known worshipper of the Immortals. But
	to the distant gods, who abandoned the world unknown aeons ago to party in their
	verdant gardens, she garners only the slighest attention. Perhaps Ormakt and Sevalda
	watch her curiously, since they are the ones who set her quest in motion, but few other
	gods pay heed.

Backgrounds:

Ghost of the Old World +4

Ketta knows little about these strange new peoples and their ways. It took her a long time
	simply to pick up the tongue. But on matters of knowledge of the Before Time, she
	is a literally singular figure.

God's Own Shortcuts +1

When she was expelled from Midjungard on her quest, the gods showed Ketta the secret ways to
	reach the world in only seven steps. While the knowledge fled from her mind like a ghost the
	moment she reached the mundane lands again, there is still some divine remnant lurking in her
	subconscious... perhaps the journey can be a little shorter than it looks, or she can see things
	not normally visible to mortal eyes.

Cat +3

She's a cat. Cats can do weird things. Like always landing on their feet.

Talents:

Animal Companion (Big Cat) (2 talent points)
		You have a normal-sized animal companion that fights 
		alongside you in battle.

Ranger's Pet (Small Cat) 
		You have a small animal or beast that accompanies you on your 
		adventures. 

Animal Companion:

Tregul (Big Cat Companion), Level 0 Animal Companion
		Attack +5 vs. AC
		Damage d8
		AC 16
		PD 14
		MD 10
		HP 20 (10)

Big Cat: 
		Acts: Before ranger
		Advantage: The cat's crit range expands by 2 against enemies 
		with lower initiative.

Ranger's Pet:

Bygul (Small Cat Companion)

Agile
		Gain +2 to Dex skill checks.

Scout
		Once per day, your familiar can separate itself from you 
		and make a reconnaissance run of an area or location, and it 
		may even manage that feat unseen (easy skill check for the 
		environment to get your familiar to scout unseen).

Feats:

Animal Companion (A)
		Your pet adds the escalation die to its attacks.

Animal Companion (A)
		Once per day, reroll a companion’s missed attack.

Improved Initiative (A)
		Add +4 to Initiative checks.

Racial Power:

Quick to Fight
		When rolling initiative, roll twice and choose.

Basic attacks:

Melee attack
		At-Will
		Attack: +6 vs. AC
		Hit: 1d6 damage
		Miss: 1 damage

Ranged attack
		At-Will
		Attack: +6 vs. AC
		Hit: 1d8+5 damage
		Miss: 1 damage

Incr. Advances:

Feat (Improved Initiative)
	Hit Points

Gear:

Light armor
	1d6 hand axe
	1d8 longbow
	Adventuring gear

20 GP

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
So, uh...

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Oh it's been a week guess I should get on that huh.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
That's be cool, yeah.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I'll update both threads and also Creel tomorrow

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Retrained Go For The Eyes to Bloodbath. Gained Perfect Feint Power and Slaying Action Feat.

Bought Boots of Rapid Motion(1,000 gp), Belt of Vigor(520 GP) and Luckbender Gloves(Level 6.) Got the Raven Queen's Shroud as my Boon(Level 3.) Sold Burglar's Gloves for a pittance.

:3: No more 1s on my Sneak Attack dice.

pre:
Genevieve Beauchene   						 
HP: 47/47 (THP:  )         AC:   21    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 6/6 (V: 12)      For:  15    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +12   	 Ref:  22    Action Points: 1/1
Vision: Low-light        Will: 17 
Speed: 6
Stealth: +16, No Penalty for Movement Beyond 2 Squares, -5 When Running
         May Stealth after Moving 3 Squares with Cover

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Acrobatic Strike        [ ] Fey Step OR Fey Duelist          [ ] Bloodbath
Deft Strike             [ ] Vicious Assault                  [ ] Blinding Barrage
                        [ ] Unbalancing Shot                 [ ] Duelist's Dagger    
                        [ ] Fleeting Spirit Strike           [ ] Spider Climb
                        [ ] Master of Deceit                 [ ] Widow's Veil
                        [ ] Gloam Armor                      [ ] Rapid Motion Daily
                        [ ] Shimmering Athame                [ ] Shroud Teleport
                        [ ] Perfect Feint
                        [ ] Rapid Motion Interrupt
                        [ ] Luckbender
                        [ ] Shroud Mark

Dagger Dex/Thrown: +14(+16 against CA), 1d4+6+3 Radiant (+1 against CA)
Sneak Attack: +2d8
Shuriken Thrown: +12, 1d6+5

Conditionals/Resists:

Eladrin Will: +5 Save against Charms
First Strike: Combat Advantage against anyone lower in Initiative in the First Turn/Surprise Round
Cunning Sneak: Stealth Enhancements
Weapon Talent: +1 Attack with Daggers, Shuriken are 1d6
Sneak Attack: Once per Round against CA opponent deal additional 2d8 Damage
Master of Deceit: Once per Encounter free reroll of Bluff
Swift Footwork: Shifts granted by Encounters/Dailies are up to 2 squares longer
Reaver Level 5: +1 to melee UEONT after reducing non-minion to less than 1 HP

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Retrained Fey Bargain for Ethereal Stride, picked up Shadowslip. All the teleports!

Boon: Nature's Fervor
Item: Boots of the Dryad.
Feats: Sacrifice to Caiphon and Superior Will.

pre:
Adrian   						 
HP: 50/50 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 7/7 (V: 12)      For:  16    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  19    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	         Will: 22    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Eldritch Blast          [ ] Ethereal Stride                  [ ] Crown of Stars
Eyebite                 [ ] Lure of Enchantment              [ ] Roaring Storm of Cania
Misty Step              [ ] Otherwind Stride                 [ ] Summon Sidhe Ally    
Warlock's Curse         [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Shadowslip
                        [ ] Witchfire

Item Powers
[ ] Armor of Dark Majesty (Daily)
[ ] Boots of the Dryad (Daily)
[ ] Links of Immateriality (Daily)
[ ] Nature's Fervor (Daily)
[ ] Phylactery of Action (Encounter)
[ ] Rod of Avernus (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Armor of Dark Majesty: Gain +2 to defenses against enemies under your warlock's curse.
Bloodied Boon: You can choose to gain your pact boon when an enemy you curse is first bloodied. 
If you do so, you remove your curse from that enemy.
Boots of the Dryad: You ignore difficult terrain that is the result of plants, trees, underbrush
or natural growth (forest walk).
Hidden Sniper: If you have partial concealment against a target, 
you gain combat advantage against it with your ranged attacks.
Light of Heart: You can make saving throws both at the start of your turn and the end of your turn 
against fear effects that a save can end. 
Links of Immateriality: Your curse damage die increase by one step until the end of your next turn 
after using Misty Step.
Nature's Fervor: When you use your second wind, you can make a saving throw against 
one effect that a save can end.
Pleasant Recovery: You regain 1d8 additional hitpoints for each healing surge you spend during a short rest.
Prime Shot: If none of your allies are nearer to your target than you are, 
you receive a +1 bonus to ranged attack rolls against that target. 
Rod of Avernus: When you gain the benefit of your Warlock's pact boon, 
you can slide each enemy affected by your Warlock's Curse 1 square.
Sacrifice to Caiphon: When you attack with a warlock encounter power that has targets and you miss all targets,
then you can deal damage to yourself equal to the level of the power. If you do, you immediately recover the power.
Shadow Walk: During your turn, if you move 3 or more squares away from where you started your turn, 
you gain partial concealment until the end of your next turn. 
Superior Will: If you are dazed or stunned, you can make a saving throw at the start of your turn to end
that effect, even if the effect doesn't normally end on a save. 
Walk Among Men: During a short rest, you can change your appearance to that of a male human, eladrin, or elf. 
Your face and build remain recognizably yours, but you otherwise appear to be a member of the chosen race. 
This illusion rests until you end it as a minor action or until you die. 

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
For my freebies I picked up Iron Armbands of Power (duh) and the Kingslayer's Curse - Unconquerable boon along with Weapon Focus (Axe). Then I took the Vigilante Justice Style feat, the Ignore Weakness utility power, and bought a Lesser Badge of the Berserker (520) and Gauntlets of Ogre Power (1,000).

pre:
Bryn   						 
HP: 61/61 (THP:   )      AC:   22    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 12/12 (V: 15)    For:  22    Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +7   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6 (5)  	         Will: 18    Vision: NA
Languages: Common, Goblin            Kills: 12.5

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Brash Strike            [ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Driving Attack
Crushing Surge          [ ] Heroic Effort               [ ] Rain of Steel
Combat Challenge        [ ] Takedown Strike             [ ] Berserker's Fury
                        [ ] Hack and Hew
                        [ ] Glowering Threat
                        [ ] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ignore Weakness

Melee Basic Attack (Waraxe): 1d20+11 vs AC; 1d12+8 damage.

Item/Boon Powers
Versatile Chain Mail +1: At-Will, Minor Action.  You take a -1 AC penalty but 
ignore penalties to speed and checks caused by armor.  This persists until you use a 
minor action to return the armor to normal.
Ring of Goring: You may do +1d6 damage on a charge but grant combat advantage
until the end of your next turn if you do.
Trinket of Unstoppable Momentum: At-Will, Minor Action.  Your Combat Challenge 
class feature is disabled. You gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to the Escalation 
Die + your Constitution modifier (this increases to Con mod + Edie + 2 at 15th level 
and Con mod + Edie + 4 at 25th level). You can spend a minor action at any time to 
reverse this.
Kingslayer's Curse - Unconquerable: +2 to Intimidate and Perception checks, 1/day immediate 
reaction when you are knocked prone, stand from prone and spend a healing surge.
Lesser Badge of the Berserker: +4 to all defenses against OAs made against you while charging.
Gauntlets of Ogre Power: +1 to Athletics and Strength checks, 1/day add +2 to all melee damage
for an encounter.

Conditionals/Resists:
Combat Superiority: +2 to-hit on opportunity attacks.  If a move provokes an 
OA, that enemy stops moving if struck though they can use further actions to resume 
moving.
Battlerager Vigor: Gain 3 temp hitpoints when hitting with a melee or close 
weapon attack, or 7 temp hitpoints when hitting with a melee or close weapon attack 
with the Invigorating keyword.  +2 to damage rolls with melee or close weapon attacks 
when wearing chainmail and having temp hitpoints.
Savage Axe: Add +3 to opportunity attack damage rolls.
Axe Expertise: Reroll any one damage die on a successful axe attack that 
comes up 1.
Berserker's Fury: 1/day gain +2 to all damage rolls for the rest of the 
encounter.
Vigilante Justice Style: Use Brash Strike as a Combat Challenge attack instead of an MBA.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
All right, so since ProfessorCirno asked (in character, but still), rather than do a long expository infodump in the IC thread I'm going to do a long, expository infodump in the OOC thread instead. Warning, :words: ahead.

Things that Mirabelle knows about Tanna and gnolls, courtesy of Bryn and probably other, less profane sources:

Based on Bryn's colorful descriptions as well as more scholarly works, Mirabelle is likely almost positive that something demonic is going on in the Ashcap region. Antelius the Learned describes the region as one where "naught grows but suffering," and it's true that the land there is twisted and blighted beyond the point where one would expect it capable of sustaining much in the way of life but clearly the gnolls keep coming from somewhere. The only people who live there are those taken as slaves by the gnolls...those who don't die (or aren't eaten) generally wind up succumbing to madness, turning feral and savage beyond reason. The gnolls like to turn them loose at that point for kicks.

Another obvious sign in favor of the demonic patron hypothesis is Bryn's description of gnolls who exhibit twisted and warped forms with varying frequency, ranging from gnashing jaws too big for their muzzles to barbed tentacles sprouting from their backs to all sorts of freaky poo poo. Other times they're "just" vicious creatures between seven and nine feet tall with claws capable of rending armor and a sadistic sense of bloodlust. They seem to be sapient but are completely uninterested in anything resembling trade, parley, and not being complete dicks.

Strangely, the Ashcap gnolls don't seem to wander too far afield which is a relief to every other country in close proximity to Tanna. Occasionally bands of them will strike out to go and do some wandering monster poo poo, but they never seem too interested in marching in force on other countries. There are scholarly accounts of gnolls in other parts of the world so it's up in the air (i.e. up to Hashtags) whether there are other gnoll "strongholds" elsewhere or if there's a "natural" gnoll civilization out there kicking around besides this one or what.

Basically, if this were Warhammer Fantasy then the Ashcaps would be Chaos territory. According to Bryn there have been several attempts at bringing the full might of the Tannith combined armed forces against the Ashcaps in an attempt to wipe the gnolls out for good, but it always results in a temporary victory at best so Tanna has basically decided that gnolls just happen and goes about life accordingly.

Historically there have been multiple attempts to venture into the depths of the Ashcaps to put an end to the gnollish infestation once and for all, both from small bands of desperate heroes and sizable armed forces alike. None have ever succeeded. Occasionally someone manages to kill something big and nasty that they're sure must be behind it, but all they generally get out of it is an interesting trophy. There aren't any real maps of the interior of the Ashcaps since not only are the mountains there lousy with tunnels and caverns of all sorts but some people claim that the land actually shifts and warps around you when you aren't looking.

Things Edouard probably knows about Tanna because he's a huge dumb nerd:

As a historian and probably a military buff too, Edouard also likely knows some things about Tanna. For starters if he knows anything about gnolls (besides that they're hyenas) and puts two and two together then that probably explains a lot about the way Bryn fights. Tannith fighting doctrine emphasizes inflicting grievous, rending wounds in a short amount of time since the opponent a Tannith soldier is most likely to face is nine feet of muscles and claws that doesn't care about pain and will continue to fight even with limbs missing. As a result Tannith fighters favor heavy, two-handed weapons like greatswords and axes capable of cleaving through opponents and quickly dealing fatal blows. Shield use is taught, but things like phalanxes have a distressing tendency to not withstand charges by frenzied gnolls willing to climb onto your spear in order to bite your face off. None of this really explains Bryn's particular brand of enthusiasm though, that's all her.

Tanna is poor in the sort of lumber that's ideal for constructing bows out of but it does have substantial iron deposits, so the Tannith ranged weapon of choice is a reinforced crossbow designed to fire a thick, heavy bolt with substantial force and, if necessary, double as a club. Archers use these "gnollbows" in tandem with other forces, thining out enemy ranks with salvos of fire then reloading while melee fighters clear out the rest.

If Edouard is familiar with Tanna's military history then he'll know that the whole gnoll situation isn't so bad that literally every single person in Tanna is fighting hyena-people every hour of every day. The problem is that while months and even years can go by with only periodic raids and skirmishes to contend with, inevitably, and with no real discernible pattern behind it, the Ashcaps hit peak gnoll and suddenly a massive army of the things descends upon Tanna like a howling horde boiling out of the wastes, generally rallying behind an especially dangerous warlord. So it's not so much that Tanna literally can't spare the manpower to go fight some eladrin prick as they have no way of knowing whether their own country will start getting ransacked when their army is off doing other stuff.

It's because of this unpredictable yet looming threat that every son and daughter of Tanna is trained in how to fight, from the lowliest poo poo-shoveler to clanhold governors. Martial skill isn't something that's reserved exclusively for the upper classes, and there are Tannith shepherds who can outfight other countries' knights. Somebody from Tanna who makes a career out of fighting is probably not someone to gently caress with. Since killing off all the gnolls doesn't seem to work, the border between the Ashcaps and Tanna proper is ringed with defensive emplacements and forts, and manned at all times by a well-armed borderwatch comprised of members from every clanhold in the Tannith Confederation. Serving a term on the border is considered a rite of passage for most people and you get a decent payout at the end of your term, provided a gnoll hasn't killed you by then. Some people choose to stay for multiple terms.

Amusingly enough Mirabelle is sort of right about one thing...Tanna does have a history of hiring its soldiers out as mercenaries, though never in numbers large enough to leave Tanna vulnerable in case of an emergency. Usually Tannith mercenaries come in the form of a small force of highly-skilled and incredibly dangerous veteran fighters meant to bolster another nation's army, tackle extremely dangerous missions, or even simply act as a deterrent...on occasion the presence of a contingent of Tannith soldiers has been enough to cause the other side to reconsider their plans.

Despite what Bryn's cavalier and avaricious manner might suggest, Tannith mercenaries take their contracts very seriously and attempts to sway them with promises of riches are generally met with the sharp end of a blade. The story that's been told since before Bryn's grandmother was born is that once upon a time the nation of Solinholm was being besieged by the kingdom of Daruja who fancied the other nation's lands for themselves. The Solinese hired a force of Tannith mercenaries who not only helped to repulse the Darujan siege but began to turn the tide, forcing Daruja back. The general leading the Darujan forces requested a parlay with the Tannith and offered to pay them twice what Solinholm had offered if they'd switch sides. The Tannith commander killed the general on the spot and the mercenaries proceeded to carve their way through his forces so utterly that they routed, falling back towards Daruja and abandoning territory that they had claimed earlier.

Following that, a royal envoy from Daruja arrived to meet with the mercenaries, escorted by 100 members of the elite royal guard, to negotiate a new contract...four times as much as Solinholm was paying them to switch sides and fight for the kingdom. The Tannith mercenaries killed the envoy and every member of the royal guard, then rallied the remnants of the Solinese army behind them and led a march on Daruja that smashed aside everything in its path.

Finally, in desperation the crown prince himself rode out under a white flag to meet with the Tannith commander, asking him how much it would cost not to get the mercenaries to switch sides but simply to go back home. The commander thought about this and after a few moments named a figure. The prince was distraught since paying that much money would effectively bankrupt the kingdom but it was either that or deal with the Tannith so he agreed. The commander told the prince to have the money delivered to the mercenaries' camp the following day and sent him on his way, then called the march to a halt.

The next day the prince arrived at the head of a caravan loaded down with gold, jewels, priceless works of art, magical artifacts, and everything else that was remotely valuable in order to pay the mercenaries off. When he inspected the wagons and saw that everything was in order the commander laughed, killed the prince, and ordered his forces to slaughter their way straight to the kingdom where the now-victorious army of Solinholm proceeded to burn it to the ground while the mercenaries helped themselves to the prince's riches as well as their due payment. In Tanna this tale is considered a comedy.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

That post was fantastic and I want to ask/say a few things:

Kai Tave: is Solinholm still a major world power?

The way I've been envisioning the continent, the eladrin territories basically take up the entire eastern half of the continent. Most of it is independent provinces, although Andaman is slowly grabbing the southern provinces (along with Nadibhumi). Tirhala is the other major eladrin country, and makes up most of the northeastern coast. If Varna manages to capture Tirhala, he would be able to build an army the likes of which Aravea has never seen (although he'd likely lose more than a few troops to Primate Eveque's forces).

R^2: Does Edouard's family back Varna, regardless of whether their barony resides in territory currently held by Andaman?

There could also be severe consequences if Varna manages to sway Darkbow to his cause (although it would likely be pricey for him as well): since the Feywild has become a magitech wonderland since he took the throne from Caldor, he could supply Varna's armies with all kinds of futuristic stuff.

My point is basically, Varna's a real threat. You're probably going to lose something fighting him (Lenua will in fact almost certainly be lost just from travel time between countries). Knowing this, you need to figure out the best course of action.

e: this post is super stream-of-consciousness I hope I'm making some sense.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Solinholm is indeed still around and Daruja was at one point a real kingdom that these days only exists as a historical footnote. How much of the story is factually accurate and how much is fanciful exaggeration is up for debate...the Tannith, of course, insist that every bit of it is true while historians argue over how the Darujan crown prince actually died (some say it was in battle, some say he was killed by the Solinese when they breached the castle gates, others claim that the prince actually fled to a neighboring country). The Solinese themselves naturally tend to downplay whatever role that Tannith mercenaries may or may not have had in their country's stirring triumph over Darujan tyranny.

What is known for certain is that Solinholm has held the territory that used to belong to Daruja for generations now and probably all sorts of stuff happened there in the meantime which might have been really cool and interesting, except now they're in the path of a marauding eladrin warlord and will probably be playing the role of a cautionary tale in this particular scenario if Andaman hasn't annexed them already.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
My main question: is there anything Mirabelle's infernal allies would whisper to her about Tanna and this demon? Or could/should I roll Arcana to check just that? I imagine devils and demons get along just as fantastically in this setting as they do in any other.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Because Hashtag said I could here's some stuff re; the feywild.

The State of the Feywild around the time of Caldor's exile.

The Feywild is fickle by its very nature; its rulers move by impulse more than reason, by emotion more than forethought. Yet, as immortals, their characters are set in stone, unchanging even in the face of their ever-hazardous living space. Thus is the paradox of the Lords and Ladies of the Fey; they are completely set in their ways even in the face of clever betrayals and shifting balances of power. They return the favor by simply being more cunning and powerful, and it is always enough. They rule by fear instead of love, but most of the less powerful Fey desire their ruler's power more than they fear who holds it and so the Courts are a place where increasingly complicated plans of betrayal and counter-backstabbing, catspaws and double agents are revealed and destroyed on a moment's notice. It is their way; and they literally cannot change it.

At the time when Caldor was still the Lord of all Satyrs (and various other subjects besides), he commanded respect. Through his cunning and guile, he had a few powerful allies of his own. But when Darkbow came with his Tinkerers to back up his already considerable reputation among the Satyrs, those allies had no choice but to abandon him, or fall under Darkbow's advance; they respected Caldor, but did not love him more than they did themselves. Darkbow, for that matter, had done the unthinkable; he had changed the rules of the game. His Tinkerers, supplying him with a hybrid of fey magic and iron-born technology, gave him an edge that Caldor had not been able to foresee, and had not been able to deal with, for that matter.

The Current State of the Feywild

The outside power of the Tinkerers changed the Feywild; first only in the satyr's domain, but slowly but surely tearing iron claws into other domains as well. Some of the Lords and Ladies met this as eagerly as Darkbow brought it forth; but most were hesitant and even outright hostile against it, destroying the experimental technology when it tried to encroach on their lands. Thus even as the mortal world has been plunged into war, so have the Feywild rulers begun to war amongst themselves. But unlike the mortal war perpetuated by Varna, the one in the Feywild is a more subtle one. Rather than being fought with sword and magic, it is fought through sacrifices and duels, invitations and parties. None of the rulers come out to fight on their own, but their subjects entrap their former friends as easily as they dance with their former lovers and get poisoned for their troubles. It is a war that is both beautiful and terrifying in its unpredictability - such is the way of the Feywild.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

ProfessorCirno posted:

My main question: is there anything Mirabelle's infernal allies would whisper to her about Tanna and this demon? Or could/should I roll Arcana to check just that? I imagine devils and demons get along just as fantastically in this setting as they do in any other.

I'm gonna say that Kai can feel free to make some poo poo up, minus weaknesses and that kind of thing. Maybe not even species, but something like their role in the demonic pantheon(?) would be neat. I'll say actual statistic stuff would 1) require a personal look and 2) a decent religion check.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Hmm.

Things Mirabelle knows for certain: yeah, demons and devils don't get along, like, at all. It's up to Cirno whether this is due to D&D's traditional "devils are lawful while demons are chaotic" split or something else.

Things Mirabelle and/or her "friends" can probably infer: the Ashcap wastes sound like the sort of "thin spot" like you get in a cosmology where there are all kinds of multiple planes and stuff, only instead of leading somewhere like the Feywild it's obviously tied to somewhere nastier. Though nobody's ever conclusively done any research, there's a distinct possibility that if you travel down deep enough into the depths of the Ashcaps that you'll wind up in some sort of actual hell. This is probably a bad idea, but hey, if you're bored enough.

Things Mirabelle and co. don't really know so well: two major things. First, why the gnolls don't just spill out of the Ashcaps and try hate-pillaging some other nation instead of Tanna. Part of this is due to the fact that Tanna keeps the gnolls fairly well bottled up, but there are multiple instances in known history where someone looking back on things can see that the gnollish hordes could have simply made a push straight to through the southwestern part of Tanna and kept going, burning and slaughtering everything in their path, but they seem fixated on razing Tanna to the ground. For demons, this kind of single-minded fixation is unusual. This sounds like a mystery (aka I didn't think this far ahead and this is more GM territory anyway).

The other thing she doesn't know is what demon and/or demons are behind all of this. Her pals don't really know either since devils and demons aren't exactly real chatty with each other. Also educational resources regarding demonic lore tend to be hard to come by. There's a wealth of devilish lore because Lafarea exists (not that they share all of it, but it's there somewhere), but people who truck with demons tend towards the lone madman side of the spectrum so scholarly tomes on the subject are kind of uncommon.

There are some treatises on demonology out there but they're half educated speculation and half complete bullshit (and sometimes you find a book that seems full of helpful information on how to summon demons to do your bidding and the summoning circle diagrams are all just a little bit wrong and that generally ends as well as you expect it to). If Mirabelle really digs in and does some research she can piece enough not-immediately-bullshit scraps of information to find several references to something known as the Exarch Of the Bloody Claw Whose Laughter Brings Only Anguish and sometimes simply referred to as the "Slayer of Man" (or "Flayer of God and Man Alike," there's some disagreement there) an entity said to lead an "endless army" in joyous, savage battle, awaiting the day that his unending legion will "spill out over the world of man, burning and slaughtering 'til the sky is as ashen as the earth."

What there isn't is something that says "oh yeah, this is totally the demon in charge of all gnolls everywhere, by the way here's where he lives." Demons all tend to have colorful sobriquets and a vast array of terrifying powers they supposedly possess because they're demons, but based on what she can find it sounds like there might be something worth looking into here.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Since I just namedropped a few places from other apps:

I'm imagining Almora as being more or less a smaller version of Athas: scarred by magic and mostly hostile to commoner and adventurer alike.

There would be two ways through the Carinian Mountains: a dark passage under the mountains filled with who knows what (probably close to Khyber in feeling), or the safer route over the mountains (which would also let you rest in Masus, or visit the Monastery).

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
If we're going to go through not!Athas, I'm leaning towards heading over the mountains for some town/monastery hijinks rather than going from a dungeon straight to another dungeon, essentially.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Town shenanigans sounds cool.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Gonna try to get this back on track soon. Sorry for basically letting it die (I don't want it to).

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
I'm gonna drop out. Updates are so few and far between that it's tough remembering my character powers and hooks, and I see you have a new recruit thread up so I assume that's where you'll be focusing from here on out. Cheerio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Welp. It was fun while it lasted, good gamin' everyone.

• Locked thread