Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I played your sound clip in the background of another one of your videos and didn't notice it in the slightest. Unless it's bothering you, I doubt it will make a difference to the overall quality.

I couldn't even hear the white noise on it's own without turning up volume up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

I read through the OP, but I have a question. I'd like to stream a live video for one or two other people, while recording live commentary through Skype. What is the best setup to do this? I know it can be done because I've co-commented on someone else's video before with a method like this, but I don't know exactly how it was put together. Answers via PM are cool too so I don't spam up the thread.

You can do this through skype screen share, but I'd advise against it. You will need a program like Voicemeeter to combine your microphone and game audio into one channel which you then set as your Skype audio, and then screenshare, while recording your microphone solo with audacity or something.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Edmond Dantes posted:

Edit/trim in Premiere

Doesn't premiere have an in built way to generate subtitles?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

That seems like an incredible oversight for an editing program that costs a lot of money.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Woebin posted:

So I'm working on a bit of an unconventional LP project where I'm playing the original Fallout with someone overseas. We've been using screen sharing in Google Hangouts so far and I swear it transmitted sound when we used it before I had to blow and reinstall my computer. Is there any known way of getting this to work, or another option for sharing both my screen and sound with someone else while also talking? Ideally without paying a fortune to do so (I can probably pay a bit, though, if that's the best option). I've experimented a bit with stuff like TeamViewer and its ilk but they send too low a framerate, and running a private stream on Twitch or Hitbox gives too much delay; it's important that we're playing in realtime as the main draw of the LP for prospective viewers is that she's unfamiliar with all the Fallouts before 3 and is seeing this stuff for the first time.

I struggled with this and have only done it once so there is probably a far better way of doing it but this worked for me. Using Voicemeeter (or I assume anything similar) you can mix several outputs into one, so in this case you would want to combine your microphone and PC audio into one channel and use that as your audio output when screen sharing.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Furism posted:

What's everybody's trick to not record the mouse clicks? Short of playing with a heavy sheet/blanket over your mouse. My Yeti just picks every little noise up, which is expected, but I'd like to make clicks a little more discreet.

You can use a noisegate on your recorder of choice to a certain extent, but it will stick pick up the sound if you are talking and clicking. It's probably easier in most cases to go with Nidoking's advice

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I'll second gifcam, although if you are capturing anything complicated you may have a hard time getting it under 2mb. It's really easy to use once you mess around with it a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

I'm planning to do a LP of an old game which is infamous for being unable to run properly on modern systems. Luckily, GoG.com has relaunched it and with a bit of tweaking seems stable enough to play. My idea is to do a screenshot-based LP because the gameplay itself is long and somewhat tedious, also I don't know anything about video editing.

I've been testing Irfanview and works well, but I want to simultaneously record video of my gameplay segments to keep track, take some screenshots I might have missed and make some gifs. Which screen recorder do you recommend? I'm looking for something simple, I'm not going to upload the videos anywhere and I don't want the game to crash.

I'd use OBS. Set it to record your monitor or game window and you should be good to go. It's also free and fairly easy to use.