Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruc
May 30, 2006
Putting SLAMs on a RHIB boat or Jet Ski is hilarious. On Paracel storm a friend and I were doing it in separate vehicles and most people have such poor situational awareness that the only time we did not succeed in killing the big enemy boats was when the enemy Helo caught us once apiece. It's way easier than using a Jeep loaded up with something to kill a tank because there are less infantry to kill you and it's way easier to maneuver in the open water. You can even get moving targets with it without much trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I absolutely love that you can hit the C4 plunger while you're in the water. Pretty sure I'm filling up my HD with jihad videos from jeeps, quads, transport choppers and boats.

I love this game when it's not crashing of cutting out audio.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I love hitting a jet ski with a javelin missile. You would have been safer swimming buddy.

If I stick Slams to a vehicle and then drive it, will they explode when I get close to an enemy vehicle?

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Those of you with Premium and the PS4: How were you able to download China Rising? I can't find it anywhere. The in-game store only lists the Premium package, and on the game-info tab in the library, there is a "My Add-Ons" section that says I have two items, but only Premium shows up when I select it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I like this game enough that I might consider getting that premium pack sometime in the future (if it's a good deal over all vs. buying stuff piecemeal), since other PS4 games I want are still months and months away. But, do people expect the new maps to be as good and interesting as the existing ones?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Aishan posted:

Those of you with Premium and the PS4: How were you able to download China Rising? I can't find it anywhere. The in-game store only lists the Premium package, and on the game-info tab in the library, there is a "My Add-Ons" section that says I have two items, but only Premium shows up when I select it.

Go to the PSN store (not the in-game one) and search for "china." It should pop up after a few letters.

Of course, it would make the most sense if it auto-downloaded while the PS4 is sleeping, or at least have the prompt when joining a CR server tell you to go download it instead of telling you to buy premium when you already have it, or at least have a link to it from the in-game store... but :dice:

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

404notfound posted:

Go to the PSN store (not the in-game one) and search for "china." It should pop up after a few letters.
This is what I get when I try that: https://twitter.com/_Aishan/status/408160949393432576/photo/1

I mean, it's a good movie and all, but not really what I was after.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Need China Rising on your Ps4? Try This! PS4 version

Which I shamelessly stole from whoever posted it in the PSN thread.

Dr. Lariat fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Dec 4, 2013

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
I'm going to assume this is an EU/UK marketplace issue; because that link isn't working for me either.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Laserface posted:

Do boosts only run the timer in game, or is it like Forza and its bullshit ever-persistent clock that runs through the loading screens and pre-race/UI too?

From what I can tell, the timer only runs when you're actually spawned in and playing. I never noticed it change when I'm on the spawn or load out screen.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

tehinternet posted:

So I was looking at my favoritest stat, ribbons per game and thought to myself, "I've played a lot of short matches."

This is lowering my internet numbers and I demand a ribbons per minute stat so I can feel better about being beaten by 15 ribbons per match by some sperg

:goonsay:

This is a completely reasonable request. I already did the same thing to the vehicle destruction leaderboard for the same reason. I'll flip this one over to a time divisor as well.

I'm ready for them to start surfacing some of the new numbers like HVT kills so we can get some fresh columns and drop dumb ones like longest headshot.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Instead of longest headshot add longest 360 noscope plz. :mlg:

Finally got China Rising downloading (thanks thread), now I just have to wait until after work.

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Dec 4, 2013

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Daric posted:

I love hitting a jet ski with a javelin missile. You would have been safer swimming buddy.

If I stick Slams to a vehicle and then drive it, will they explode when I get close to an enemy vehicle?

Yes, it will automatically explode. Do not try this in hardcore with friendly fire on though, your vehicle will explode instantly when you start moving.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

tehinternet posted:

Yes, it will automatically explode. Do not try this in hardcore with friendly fire on though, your vehicle will explode instantly when you start moving.

How have we not used this to troll pubs yet?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Isn't that what the airburst is for? target the top of the hill, aim a little up, and empty the magazine.

No that's what mortar is for. Why does no one else seem to use mortar? Every game there are dozens of pubbie snipers offering themselves up to the mortar god. Help them reach Valhalla.

Hooray Dialysis
May 20, 2007

everything is cool
God playing this game by yourself when no other goons are one sure is frustrating. I was playing a match on Zavod last night and literally the entire enemy team was on top of the warehouses. I think I could feel my blood preasure rising.

So, I ended up playing with Universe Sandbox the rest of the night watching galaxies crashing into each other and seeing what would happen to Saturn's rings if the Earth was too close by. That game is pretty chill comparatively.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Label Facing Right posted:

God playing this game by yourself when no other goons are one sure is frustrating. I was playing a match on Zavod last night and literally the entire enemy team was on top of the warehouses. I think I could feel my blood preasure rising.

So, I ended up playing with Universe Sandbox the rest of the night watching galaxies crashing into each other and seeing what would happen to Saturn's rings if the Earth was too close by. That game is pretty chill comparatively.

You can jump up on the railing and open the hatch after a bit of finagling.

Or go and capture the 4 other points everyone is ignoring

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

tehinternet posted:

This is lowering my internet numbers and I demand a ribbons per minute stat so I can feel better about being beaten by 15 ribbons per match by some sperg

I recast the calculation, cleared everyone's stat, and then reran you and the top four dudes under the old methodology. And you're still well behind them. I guess we'll see in ~17 hours whether this moved you up or down the overall ranking. Good luck!

Hooray Dialysis
May 20, 2007

everything is cool

Robot Randy posted:

You can jump up on the railing and open the hatch after a bit of finagling.

Or go and capture the 4 other points everyone is ignoring

I didn't know that you could get the hatch back open, I may have to try that. And I was playing TDM because I'm a masochist.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I guess my campaign data corrupted sometime yesterday during my multiplayer sessions, and the most recent saved data in the cloud from last night doesn't have any campaign progress. Ugh.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Beelzebozo posted:

I recast the calculation, cleared everyone's stat, and then reran you and the top four dudes under the old methodology. And you're still well behind them. I guess we'll see in ~17 hours whether this moved you up or down the overall ranking. Good luck!

wait what dude, I wasn't being serious.

Whatever, beez is the best, youre getting the tenbux I owe you with interest.

e: 15 bux donated to battefieldgoons. way to be, you get my lunch money today without the beating im accustomed to

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 4, 2013

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

tehinternet posted:

wait what dude, I wasn't being serious.

Whatever, beez is the best, youre getting the tenbux I owe you with interest.

e: 15 bux donated to battefieldgoons. way to be, you get my lunch money today without the beating im accustomed to

Well if it makes you feel any better it's now going to Amazon cloud services bills instead of the bar it was going to go to back when you first offered it. Thanks a lot, my man. :glomp:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Fellatio del Toro posted:

No that's what mortar is for. Why does no one else seem to use mortar? Every game there are dozens of pubbie snipers offering themselves up to the mortar god. Help them reach Valhalla.

Yeah I try using the mortar for this purpose. I never hit anything

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fellatio del Toro posted:

What kit is that for?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Support.

waah posted:

It's pretty drat accurate. Don't try to hit moving targets, aim directly at the center of the Dorito, one direct hit will kill but I usually fire 2-3 for good measure.

I just find a good spot for it, claim my two free kills and then go back to what I was doing and fire off another barrage a few minutes later.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

waah posted:

The mortar is aimed in an arch so that if you attempt to hit anything at a different elevation than you, the cross hairs will be totally off. From the ground you have to aim 20 feet further to hit someone on a roof, which makes getting those roof snipers become a game of trial and error. Luckily, most snipers are too unaware to notice the path of explosions slowly creeping towards them.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

V for Vegans posted:

Luckily, most snipers are too unaware to notice the path of explosions slowly creeping towards them.
Amen to that. I snuck in behind 2 of them in a bunker and took the risk of knifing both instead of shooting. I guess the one was too busy plopping off inaccurate shots at targets 300m away that he didn't notice the rustle and gurgle of his buddy getting shanked first.

TardedPanda
Jan 5, 2013

Label Facing Right posted:

This has to be one of the most irritating things in this game. Why does everyone want to be a sniper? 80% of the people doing it are loving horrible. On top of all that why do chumps in squad lead never give orders? I landed in a random full squad last night and the leader was giving zero orders. I explained to him that it was almost like free xp. He gave one order then ignored it for the rest of the game. He ended up finishing with like 25 kills and 10 deaths. I guess that was more important.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

TardedPanda posted:

On top of all that why do chumps in squad lead never give orders? I landed in a random full squad last night and the leader was giving zero orders. I explained to him that it was almost like free xp. He gave one order then ignored it for the rest of the game. He ended up finishing with like 25 kills and 10 deaths. I guess that was more important.
Because they don't want that responsibility. They simply want to play the game, not care about the flow of the battle and are tired of switching squad every 10 minutes to get out of the commander spot when they get it against their will. If there was an option to opt out of squad leadership and they didn't, you would have a point.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
EOD BOT SUPREMACY!
That is all I am saying...

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Dantes posted:

Because they don't want that responsibility. They simply want to play the game, not care about the flow of the battle and are tired of switching squad every 10 minutes to get out of the commander spot when they get it against their will. If there was an option to opt out of squad leadership and they didn't, you would have a point.

No. He still has a point. gently caress you. If they don't want the flow of the battle to get in the way of their sweet KDR, they can go play TDM or, better yet, another title altogether.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

Beelzebozo posted:

No. He still has a point. gently caress you. If they don't want the flow of the battle to get in the way of their sweet KDR, they can go play TDM or, better yet, another title altogether.
No gently caress you. If they can't keep track of 32 person at once its their business. Yours is to get out of that squad and join one that fit you standards.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Dantes posted:

No gently caress you. If they can't keep track of 32 person at once its their business. Yours is to get out of that squad and join one that fit you standards.

Well, the squad leader only have to deal with 4 others, and most of the time it's as simple as "I'm going to A, I'll send me whole squad there too"

P.s. No, gently caress you

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I don't expect too much from pubbies. If I'm squad leader I'll give orders for flags that someone is already capping or fighting around. Are they supposed to stop what they're doing and try to win the round? I rarely see people actually follow squad orders unless it's goons.

If only team chat was still in and you could let people know to join the cool dude squad.

E: Pubbies doing stupid poo poo is normal.

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 4, 2013

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

V for Vegans posted:

Well, the squad leader only have to deal with 4 others, and most of the time it's as simple as "I'm going to A, I'll send me whole squad there too"

P.s. No, gently caress you
Oh ok, so you don't want useful orders, you just want someone who tags poo poo sometime...

Never mind then, carry on.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Snackpack Backpack posted:

I don't expect too much from pubbies. If I'm squad leader I'll give orders for flags that someone is already capping or fighting around. Are they supposed to stop what they're doing and try to win the round? I rarely see people actually follow squad orders unless it's goons.

If only team chat was still in and you could let people know to join the cool dude squad.

E: Pubbies doing stupid poo poo is normal.

I almost forgot what thread this was and was going to tell you the keys you need if you want to All, Team or Squad text chat. I really wish they would work that out on consoles so you could talk to everyone easily.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Beelzebozo posted:

Ugh no. I tried doing some TDM for pistol unlocks and it's already nothing but snipers around the edges of the map and assaults with SCARs laying in corners in the buildings.

TardedPanda
Jan 5, 2013

Dantes posted:

Why play an objective based game and game mode and give zero fucks about the objective? It seriously only takes a second to look at the next objective and tap the right bumper. It automatically gives the command. Not to mention it gets the herd of kittens at least looking the same direction.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

TardedPanda posted:

Why play an objective based game and game mode and give zero fucks about the objective? It seriously only takes a second to look at the next objective and tap the right bumper. It automatically gives the command. Not to mention it gets the herd of kittens at least looking the same direction.
Caring about the objectives is not the same as issuing a pertinent squad order especially when the objectives are not linear so there is no default "next objective" as you say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

I almost forgot what thread this was and was going to tell you the keys you need if you want to All, Team or Squad text chat. I really wish they would work that out on consoles so you could talk to everyone easily.

At least we can have 8 person parties now. Why would you talk to your whole team instead of just 7 other people? :rolleyes:

• Locked thread