Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Ground floor in the hotdog chat thread.

Beez, you should probably mention Commander mode in the OP. It's a New Thing.

Obviously this thread's dogtag of choice should be this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Oh you should mention that you can't edit your loadout unless you're already in a game, or through the Battlelog site or app. because :dice: is moronic like that.

Protip: you can open Battlepacks without leaving the session, through Battlelog on your browser .

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I love TV missiles on boats so much. I can single-handedly lockdown all the vehicles on Paracel from my spawn. :krakken:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

9th on the Support board and I barely even play the class. :cmon:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7oamJtBpdU

Air superiority with loving helicopters. I don't even know!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Another reason to use carbines: the MTAR-21

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Porkchop Express posted:

You could be like me, I haven't flown a single jet in this game, I never see one on the ground that I can hop in to, not once out of almost a hundred rounds.

I am not even good at it, I just wanted to try out the A10.

It's because they don't show up until you actually spawn into one. Ever noticed that there are no airfields in the game?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

So I actually have to unlock the 1911 to get the fancy scope and it's not just given to me if I logged in a game for the day?

Also, I somehow make up half of entire team's kill assists and out performed the entire enemy team's kill assists... http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/4/409105279101655744/202764320/

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Pudgygiant posted:

Battlefield 3, BC2...

Best part about BC2 is that you can pretty much determine when you want the game to crash (for multiple people).

"I'm playing Harvest Day and oh, that rear end in a top hat stole my tank? I'll just ram my CAV into him and take him down with me. Enjoy your lock-up, bitch!"

a foolish pianist posted:

I tried that out on the test range and couldn't get it to work.

You gotta ADS and let the rocket fly forward just a bit longer before you reload. Then when you ADS again at a target, the first rocket will boomerang around back.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Ularg posted:

PS4 son.

Is it just me or is the MTAR really powerful. Like better than most other weapons powerful.

It's pretty awesome. Manageable recoil and a high rate of fire. The only drawback right now is that it bugs out sometimes with the optics disappearing and leaving you with unusable ironsights.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

red19fire posted:

Are the CR assignments broken in this game? I can only unlock things if I get everything in one round. I've done 'get a kill with dmr/shotgun/c4 in one round' several times and it doesn't seem to stick.

Do I have to get the 3 ribbons at the same time? or do I have to get them first and then the dmr/shotgun/c4 part will stick?

It's the latter. As long as you see the gun unlocked in-game, you have it for good regardless of what battlelog says. Sometimes, you'll unlock the weapon but the assignment will still be active afterwards! :dice:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Get rid of the transport choppers and I will instantly like Flood Zone 50% more.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

The bomber should've been a commander asset.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Fellatio del Toro posted:

One hour of instant reload airburst UCAVs later and I've already got a fan!

(not counting the commander who shot missiles at me over and over)

This poo poo is broken as hell :getin: while you can

Woo first hate mail of the next gen!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Laserface posted:

Speaking of C4, is there a way to get more than 3 satchels of C4 at a time? I didnt see it in any of the field upgrade packs.

Level 2 of the Spec Ops field upgrade lets you carry 6 satchels of C4.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Is Premium worth it? Seems incredibly pricey, and for what exactly?

Seriously, only consider it if you plan on buying all the DLC.

Also, I think it's hilarious that this game is more stable on my PS3 than any of the next-gen consoles.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Only from PS3>PS4 and 360>Xbone

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Spotting was originally Select. Don't how that'll work with DS4s

Samurai Sanders posted:

I bought BF3 for tenbux to give it a try while I wait for BF4 to unfuck itself, and since everyone I play with seems to have a thorough knowledge of the game that I don't. Anything I should know about fundamental differences going in?

Namely, since it's the console port of BF3, you're limited to 24 players and downsized maps. Vehicles don't have limited ammo in BF3. So fire forever. IFVs can pretty much bring down anything and are the most over powered land vehicle in the game. Lock on weapons don't require you to keep on target. Just fire and forget. That's about it.

Oh and no counter-knifing. Takedowns only work from behind. Swipes from the front do 50 damage.

yellowcar fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 16, 2013

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Hm...so far 3 feels like a slower, uglier version of 4. Is there any great advantage to it, or should I just call it good and go back to 4?

It might crash less?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Just unlocked the Igla. Why is it so much shittier than the Stinger that you get so much earlier?

You get a longer range at the expense of needing to keep the lock.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Oh boy, 350 meters instead of 300... Against things that'll go 1km in a few seconds.

gently caress that poo poo.

That's why the SRAW is king.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I like using the REX with a delta RDS + muzzle brake. Makes sniping chumps from mid to long range a sport. Usually takes 2-3 shots.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Beanbox posted:

are there only 16 Ps3 players, or are there a bunch of lazy ones, not on battlefieldgoons ?.

There are only a handfull of us that still play on the triple. The rest got piss4s. :(

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Fleetwood posted:

Did Santa unload a PS4 in your lap? I haven't seen you in a while, mang. Maybe it's time to upgrade...

It's getting lonelier and lonelier... :smith:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Barudak posted:

Bone's playing fine for me.

Am I crazy or with the Igla if you fire and an enemy helicopter flares if they dodder in the area the second you reload, lock on and fire the second the first missile will re-engage enabling you to solo a helicopter? I've done it once or twice tonight now and am curious if thats a glitch or what

That's how it's supposed to work. Only the Stinger is a true fire-and-forget launcher.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Beelzebozo posted:

Your skill in reading comprehension is poor.

Wait, sorry. I meant, "U REED BAD"

Well re-locking sends the missile back on target. If it's anything like double-SRAWing, it's a "feature".

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Everything connection-wise is fine and dandy in PS3 Land! :monar:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

dunkan posted:

Yep, apparently they are in the middle of another DDOS.

Man, nerds sure can get mad at video games.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Underwhelmed posted:

So can I ask a dumb question? Why is it sometimes I join a server and non of my unlocks are present? Are there some other tiers of servers or something or is this a bug? It has never happened when I have been playing with a group so I honestly have no idea.

Sometimes it doesn't sync up with the login server and it resets all your loadouts. Sometimes it might fix itself at the end of the round.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

BC1/BC2 did the campaign right by making it sort of like multiplayer with big open maps and funny dialogue. Too bad :dice: doesn't want anything to do with that series anymore.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I actually kind of like the U-100 MK5. Is it worth stomaching the single player for the M249? I see that it's pretty popular on the stat site.

The MG4 is pretty much identical to the SAW.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

Now you're really making me want to replay the campaign to unlock it. I've been using the RPK out of China Rising and not liking it very much. I guess that means Irish has to die so that I may live murder pubbies.

Yeah, the RPK-74M is utter dogshit and such a slog to use. You can always grind out to the MG4 which is practically identical to the M249 save for one having more recoil in one direction than the other.

e: got hatemail tonight for using the XM25 dart :cool:

yellowcar fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 4, 2014

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't have a basis of comparison because this is the first online military FPS I have played extensively since early versions of Counterstrike (when it coexisted with Action Quake 2), but a lot of the mechanics are still just WEIRD to me. LMGs not being for killing people, sniper rifles having more bullet drop than assault rifles, mounted machineguns being so weak, and so on. Are these staples of online military FPSs and I don't know it?

Battlefield, albeit very poorly sometimes, tries add variety to different ways of playing the multiplayer. So it's not gonna be your CS/CoD twitch shooter in some cases and relies more on you deciding on the better way to kill these mans in this and that sorts of situations.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm still so incredibly hopeless with air vehicles. I keep changing the control schemes around to find one that doesn't result in me being a complete waste of a player when I'm in one, but I can't find anything. I mean, I can avoid running into buildings and I know how to use flares to keep myself from being blown up by missiles, but as far as offense goes I have no idea what I'm doing, I won't hit a single target ever. How can I get better?

There's this Test Fire Range....

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Well you mentioned control schemes, so I take it that you should practice flying until you're used to it. As for hitting targets, lead them a little before you fire and know what your aircraft is capable of actually killing. Also, be opportunistic, helping a tank gang up on other tanks is better than soloing it.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Donald Kimball posted:

This has been happening to me constantly, regardless of map. My MAVFLAM is broken against helicopters!

TOW missiles work just fine!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Is there a better anti-armor button than the TOW on the murder boats? It's just so slow.

Personally I run TV missiles on the murderboats. You can fire off relatively quickly and can bombard enemy murder boats across the map.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

causticBeet posted:

Once custom servers were out for bf3 were you able to have the map rotation mix and match from the different DLCs?

Yup. You could mix in different game modes too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Beelzebozo posted:

Is there any way to localize all team chatter in this one like there was in BF3? I'm about good on chinaman jibber jabber. I took a quick peek through the options when I first got the game and didn't see this one this time.

You mean you didn't turn all the voice overs to Brazilian Portuguese? :v:

• Locked thread