Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Thank god for a real OP. Unless they fixed it, you should probably mention how single player corrupts saves for the PS4 version.

Edit: also :wtc: on 6 xm25 smoke kills. How do you do this? I need to get kills with the smoke launcher.

waah fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

It has to be something with manual boosts and conquest. I can't finish a match since I used my 50% boost. The 25% one worked okay

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

How exactly do you counter knife?

Secondly it was on the PS4 discussion page, and based on MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, part of the crashing issue is related to having large friend lists. You know, like adding the goon master list? Today's patch is supposed to fix it, but I have a feeling it's gonna get delayed due to the CR ps4 expansion release for premium members being slow to release as well.

Thirdly, when you crash I can confirm that you only lose the points from your life since you last respawned (on ps4 at least). I crashed drat near every game last night, but I started lvl 10 and I think I ended the night at 16 or 17 despite only properly finishing two games.

Lastly, when it shows you, "Hey, your friends are playing this map!" On the multiplayer screen how the hell do you tell who you are joining? I tried to join a couple games with a few goons last night and it would never tell me who exactly I was joining.

Of course the act of me joining could have caused them to crash, thus never seeing them, and confirming the friend list issue. :dice:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Maybe I am lagging or blind as a bat, but I have never seen an indication that I needed to counter. I will just look it up on youtube and hope that I really am not lagging that badly.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Fellatio del Toro posted:

No that's what mortar is for. Why does no one else seem to use mortar? Every game there are dozens of pubbie snipers offering themselves up to the mortar god. Help them reach Valhalla.

Yeah I try using the mortar for this purpose. I never hit anything

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So hearing you guys talk about all of this, I feel like I really have no idea what I am doing, and I am actually a really terrible player. Had no idea anyone other than commander could give orders. I just try to drop ammo and suppress on maps that I could maybe use a LMG without being at a serious disadvantage and scouting as a recon and spotting stuff on that wide open railway map.

Continuing with the noob questions, the recon thing that's supposed to laser sight targets, is that useful at all? How do you use it? Am I wasting my time because I want to just spot stuff and tell everyone else what to shoot?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I didn't explain it well. I mean the soflam that you deploy and can use remotely (or whatever the gadget is that recon a get that has the tablet and switches to a black and white view when you use it).

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

All you have to do is aim it and it'll target them automatically. It will continue to paint targets in front of it when you aren't using it so, for example, you can put it on one of the buildings on the dam map and point it towards the enemy base and it'll mark tanks as they come up the road.

Aaaah, so I just need to deploy it at a spot with good LOS that isn't in the open and it will do all the work for me once I place it? That sounds awesome.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Daric posted:

There's no reason to play anything other than Engineer. gently caress your tanks/boats/planes, I will ruin your life.

I think of this every single time I die trying to c4 a tank.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

V for Vegans posted:

They made battlelog actually useful on consoles this time around. I didn't realize that battle screen and looking at server lists on battlelog actually worked when not on pc.

The mortar is awesome in this game. I was playing a round in dragon valley and the entire other team was defending d point for the bomber, and I just kept getting mortar kills. Having the mortar be remote controller is also cool because it lets you be in the action and supporting the action at the same time.

Yeah thanks to whoever told me how to actually use the mortar well it's awesome even though the stupid battlelog hasn't updated from my marathon session last night. Probably because I crashed every. loving. Single. Game.

I was in a squad with a few of you on locker early on and of course I crashed and couldn't get back in. Doing a coordinated squad attack on the rear points on that map is a thing of beauty.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

:dice: Fixed bug a but where snipers would miss due to lack of skill. All sniper rifles hit and perform a 360 no scope every try.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

tehinternet posted:

Find your favorite gun. I like the MG4. Random battlepacks would only give me FLIR for shotguns or snipers.

I can't seem to find a Lmg I like. I think I like the rpk74, but I always lose firefights. I want to love the 240B because well it's awesome in real life, but even though it does damage, I don't hit anything and again lose firefights. I am using controlled bursts and stuff. I got the mg4 unlocked. Is the saw good enough to blow through the campaign for?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Ironsolid posted:

Am i the only one that is infuriated by the 3-4 inch raise in elevations causing you to have to jump, and "possibly" make it over? This has been one of my biggest pep peeves in Battlefield since I stated playing them.

My favorite is when I can vault over 2 feet high obstacles and pull myself up out of the water, but somehow I can't jump over 3-4" of rubble.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Don't worry the firmware update doesn't fix the crash issue in BF4

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

There is a 600 meg BF4 patch for the PS4 as of right now. I have no idea what it is supposed to fix.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Requested_Username posted:

At least you can get in the attack boat and get every single unlock for it in one round by just murdering the poo poo out of all the defenders.

The worst map is hands down Rogue Transmission. 90% of both teams are wookies shooting at/from the gigantic tower in the middle for the entire match

I dunno I like Rogue Transmission because, "Oh, I am at B and I need to get to D and E and there are no vehicles. Guess I am going on foot."

Snap
Snap
Snapsnapsnap

Capture D

Snapsnapsnapsnap

Capture E. Somewhere some terrible sniper is raging because he has missed 12 shots at me. :smug:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Daric posted:

I like Rogue Transmission because when all the snipers get on the towers, I blow up the cables and bring the towers down.

What do you use to blow up the cables?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

If you got an Xbox, and you have BF4 and premium, AND you wish you didn't have it (or want to tell DICE to gently caress off) this is for you.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/battlefield-4-premium-members-receiving-refunds

Keep in mind it's like returning something at the store. You don't get your money back and get to keep premium. Article only says
Xbox is confirmed, no telling if Sony will follow suit.

quote:

Following a slew of problems with the game, some of which have been patched and some of which are still waiting to be resolved, a number of Xbox-based Battlefield 4 Premium members -- those who paid extra for early access to certain content -- have been requesting refunds from Microsoft Support. And it's been working, too; those who have complained have successfully received refunds, though their Battlefield 4 Premium memberships have been revoked in the process.

Players who have been trying to play the game on Sony platforms have also been requesting refunds, but in the absence of a real-time chat facility like Microsoft has, responses have been less immediate.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Is there anyway to force a new squad so that you can be squad leader? I had gamedotdll playing with me a couple games this morning before I went in to work, and even though I didn't have my mic plugged in, we got a ton of points and ace squad simply because I knew how to give squad orders early and often.

I really hate being stuck in a squad where the squad leader won't do anything, won't listen and just gives up free points. Unlocking stuff is tedious enough as is.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I know I say this a lot, but seriously I have never seen that option on the PS4 team setup screen.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

iamthehans posted:

When we have a full party of goons (8) on PSN if one crashes we will all crash with in 5 mintues. its pretty insane.

Sometimes with even smaller parties. Pretty much when I hear someone curse about crashing I expect to crash somewhat soon.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Yeah I would rather not ever be revived anymore until the defib thing is fixed.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

FateoMcSkippy posted:

"Kill trading issue
We’ve addressed the so-called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the time frame when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server. This should reduce the probability of kill trading. "

Hopefully I wasn't the one benefiting from that all the time.

No kidding. Seems like I got at least two or three kill trades per round.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Tasoth posted:

Abuse the aim assist. Seriously, the video of the snaps that thing gives a player is mind bending. Other than that, get used to using the two sticks to aim and move.

This man speaks truth. Sticky auto aim is ridiculous. I do wish I could disable it on the fly though, when using the PLD and trying to keep a target lased or even locking on to the right one is an exercise in futility.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

One whole night of not crashing last night. Man the game is so much more fun when you aren't raging about crashes

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I wish I had saved it, but I got two kills with one bullet last night when I was running around with the first sniper rifle with iron sights. Two dudes were crouched behind a LAV I wanted to C4 (they were repairing it), so I shot one point blank range in the head with the CLS, and it killed his buddy right next to him. Then I C4'd the LAV.

My deterrent from saving it: the fact that it was 5am and well you know I was supposed to be going to work "early" today. Didn't want random bf4 videos showing up on my Facebook feed at ungodly hours.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Snackpack Backpack posted:

If you hit the share button it will save the last 15 minutes of gameplay. Then you can go back later to trim and post it. I was surprised how easy it was to do the first time.

How long does if save this? I hit save and share video and then I back out in a panic becuase I am pretty sure I never linked Facebook and all that Carl but I wasn't sure.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

limited posted:

On 360 at least they persist somewhat. I've switched classes entirely and been pottering around the map doing other poo poo then suddenly got points for someone who's rolled over them several minutes later.

There is something that triggers them despawning, be it time or how often you die, but I don't know what it is.

Afaik, it's putting down more mines than you are allowed have in your inventory. I.e. If you can have 4 antitank mines and you put them down, they will persist until you put down a fifth, someone blows them up, or they get run over by a tank.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

RCarr posted:

I thought you could only have 3 AT mines out at any time, no matter what. I've definitely spawned with 6 mines (using the anti-tank engineer class) and can still only put 3 down at a time. When I put down the 4th, the 1st disappears.

Anyone have a concrete answer?

Yours is probably right. I haven't ranked up enough as engi to have more than 3 or 4 mines to place at all.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

The SOFLAM bug is pretty neat but I spent like three straight games doing nothing but marking and lasering targets and it resulted in maybe four vehicles destroyed.

I did see an astonishing number of players fire missiles into the ceiling and then I guess stop trying out of embarrassment.

Missiles should be able to go through ceilings :colbert:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

FateoMcSkippy posted:

It's gotta take more than 4 hits. I swear I've gotten more than 4 hit markers pop on a guy and he was still chugging along

This. I swear the larger the bullet you use in this game, the more hits it takes to kill infantry.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

One, how the hell do you promote a squad as commander on a tablet. And two, how do I join friend games to be the worse commander ever

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So I figured out promoting is done by dragging promote to the squad leader, but is there a way you can check your old commander scores so you can see how you did?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

BarkingSquirrel posted:

How does one promote a squad in the commander app? I thought I was doing it the whole match but at the end under the loyalty tab it said I did it zero times. Did way better than the enemy commander in all regards except that one. He knew how to do it and I didn't :(

I tried dragging the icon to the squad icons on the right as well as tapping it and the squad icons but apparently neither worked.

I had trouble with this on a tablet at first too. You have to click on the squad, which will highlight them all green. Then you gotta find the star who represents the squad leader. Then drag promote to on top of that dude. You will then promote that squad.

So in simple form: drag promote to ontop of the squad leader.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So since locker has become who can cheese more, I decided that I am in love with an assault grenadier with [primary/secondary guns don't matter] the m320 LVG and v40 mini grenades. ABG - always be grenadining. Minis are drat near broken and the LVG is great around the corners.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Blind Rasputin posted:

Since I'm just starting out I haven't unlocked many things yet but I read this thread and have taken to becoming an at-5 mine laying whore. There's some maps where armor always comes in to capture the point and last night I got way too many kills by loading the roads up with mines. I even let a tank chase me right into the mines I just laid.

If I lay minds in the shallows of paracel storm will they kill boats? How long do they stick around after I die? It seems like a long time but sometimes I'll die and watch a tank drive over my mines and nothing happens.

This seems like a good way to unlock the slams, c4 and other goodies?

I don't know of the at-5 will work on shallows but slams definitely will once you unlock them.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

^^^ conversely you could use my terrible method of being "that guy" and run around with an iron sight sniper rifle fighting point blank. If you don't get the kill completely one shot, usually it's 95 health damage and you will get assist as kill which is good enough.

Robot Randy posted:

jesus, goons fly off the handle for the weirdest poo poo

i have the date of my grandmother's death, January 4th, 1988 as my clan tag and people seem to get so angry for some reason! it really saddens me because she and I were very close and these people tell me all kinds of hateful things! :(

Was her name Heidi Handler?

waah fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 24, 2013

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

crondaily posted:

What launcher are you guys using on the Assault class? I couldn't decide if HE was better or LVG.

IMO, the HE is superior unless you are playing locker

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Dantes posted:

Battlefield 4 law of damages.

The larger the bullet, the smaller the damage.

It kinda (not really) makes sense because otherwise everyone would just roll around with a two shot to kill 7.62 rifle/Lmg, but when they remove the extra damage capacity AND make stability more important than accuracy, it really blows for the larger calibur weaponry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I was really hopin for a Lowtax read the loving OP post. I feel like deprived of this.

• Locked thread