Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone getting kind of an unusual amount of graphical issues? Im getting weird textures flickering a lot on the terrain (near and far) on Lancang Dam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

RCarr posted:

I blew up a helicopter by jumping out of a pubbies, throwing C4, and detonating it, all while free falling.

This loving game.

Can you detonate c4 while free falling? You can't fire guns or anything else.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1395552474022109

Nothing crazy, just me catching a whole bunch of fools unawares.

(Sorry, not sure if there's a way to capture vids or gifs from Facebook in HD...)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So wait they said the PS4 patch for today was delayed but a poster here mentioned patch notes. Did something on ps4 patch today?

Here's how I understand China Rising:

As a Preorder bonus, you don't have to pay for it. However the *public* release date is 12/17.

Battlefield Premium folks get it 2 weeks early (today.)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

limited posted:

I love that one shot of someone obviously flying a jet or chopper, chasing down a infantry dude guns blazing and just crashing into the ground instead. Never have gameplay trailers been more accurate. :allears:

Its a Fly-By-Video missile.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

10 Beers posted:

I haven't played campaign on Xbone in a bit, so I decided to try to unlock some items. Fired it up, and it started at the beginning, like it had no clue I'd played through a fair amount already. Any clues what I can do?

Punch a pillow and start over? You probably crashed at some point and it corrupted your save.

[edit] Oh wait, Xbone, sorry. Yeah, same result, different reasons. :dice:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
:siren: unless you are a Premium member, CHINA RISING is, at the earliest, 2 weeks away. :siren:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Snackpack Backpack posted:

:siren:The PS4 patch with China Rising got delayed. There were still too many issues with it. :siren:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064769617349290/

That is not correct. The patch was delayed. The patch was bug fixes only. The very article you link states that China Rising is out for Premium.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Someguy posted:

It doesn't seem to be out for members without premium but have the launch edition that comes with CR, unfortunately.

Yes because you're not premium. Launch folks get it for free... 2 weeks from now.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
EOD BOT SUPREMACY!
That is all I am saying...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

FateoMcSkippy posted:

It would be cool if they could fix the bugs that prevent us from playing the game before they fix the bugs that affect in-game play. I don't think I've ever encountered this one hit kill bug knowingly

You've never had the drop on someone, emptied a few bullets, had then turn and drop you in what feels like an impossibly short timeframe?

I get that a lot.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Beelzebozo posted:

It specifically says in the patch notes that it does not address game stability, only the OHK bug. They explicitly state that a stability patch is coming next.

Well to be fair it does say it fixed one crash related to friends list size. That said, we ALLLLLLL know there are probably about 80 reasons this game crashes. So yeah, a stability fix is yet due. ;)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Jets in BF4 feel like some completely irrelevant mini game tacked onto the gameplay. They don't affect anything else but other jets. It's just this other, fairly useless, mostly harmless layer.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

gibbed posted:

At least on PS4, BF4 doesn't bring the entire console down when it crashes. :shrug:

It sorta does for me and a buddy of mine in an indirect way. If BF4 crashes, the audio starts to pulse in and out real fast on my PS4 and I have to reboot.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So wait, with the SRAW you put multiples skyward and then aim at a tank and they come swooping down?!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What most one do to get a weapon pack? I've run an Ak5C most of my 26 levels and never gotten one.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

FateoMcSkippy posted:

I choose a teammate, it doesn't say "warning", he's not surrounded in doritos, but I spawn and *shank*. It's happened enough times to be annoying.

It annoys me too. My problem with it is less that it happens to me and more that it happens so fast the implications are that my body is there before I am seeing/controlling my dude. No one could react that fast. I've literally even hugged as I spawned. Like, can't even take a step forward.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

waah posted:

I know I say this a lot, but seriously I have never seen that option on the PS4 team setup screen.

Yeah you gotta leave before you can join. :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Awesome Animals posted:

You can set it to post only to you, then pull it from facebook using a downloader and upload to Youtube. A bit roundabout, but gets the job done.

Every method of that that *I* have tried ignores the HD option on FB and the quality is usually pretty poor from the source to begin with, so it isn't very optimal.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I've never played a Battlefield game. My wife bought me this one the other day. Should I just learn to drive/fly in sandbox mode and then jump in?

You should learn to shoot and run around. And learn how to blow up vehicles. For the most part (with some exceptions) Vehicles are a distraction. Sure, Helicopters can be fun and useful, but Jets might as well be in their own insignificant world. A game unto themselves that doesn't affect the ground game at all. Tanks are cool. ATVS can get you from Point A to Point B. Surprisingly, with a good crew, Boats are absolutely insane.

So yeah, I guess there's some exceptions. But the best thing to do, bar none, is get good at the shooty mans. You can just hitch a ride with a decent driver.

Protip: If you spawn in a helicopter already being piloted, there is a greater than 75% chance it is seconds from crashing. DON'T DO IT! ;)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I installed the patch which is for SUPPORT for China Rising... but I take it no China Rising yet? Maybe with the store update?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Patch-chat: I only ran with the AK5c after playing today, but I started noticing that it felt like it took longer/more bullets to kill people. My friend playing with me said the same thing, then he switched to the G36 and said that felt like it took longer/more bullets too.

Im not necessarily upset about this, but am wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Also, first person death animations feel different. I see my hands and legs flail out now. I didn't before.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man joining your friend on a map on PS4 with one button press on your iPhone is such sick
Future poo poo!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I too have not crashed in many hours.
And aside from some occasional quietness at launch of a map, the sound is better too!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I'm tempted to get Premium now. Pretty much the only thing I'm confused by is what "Weekly Updates" refers to...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So aside from missed xp events, if I get Premium, I get all the other weekly tangible items that have already been released?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What's today's event or whatever?

I went to the game and it said to read more details on battlefield.com. I went to battlefield.com and it said to go to the blog. I went to the blog and it want clear.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Beelzebozo posted:

Calm down. There's no "event". If you connect to the game today you get a free battlepack, like every day this month.

You calm down. They mentioned events on Sunday in the recent past. I was just pointing out how roundabout their news linking was. You're a really high strung OP.

[Edit]

But thank you for clearing it up
:]

Feenix fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Feb 3, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Cracker King posted:

I love to think that what marriage is entirely about, just putting ups shelves and the like.

Pretty much. Especially once you have a kid. I've had to get real handy, real fast.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This may be old news (I'm WAY behind on this thread) but (on PS4) I just got premium dog tags that look like they reference Second Assault. So maybe that's coming to PS4 soon...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Post Patch I see a lot of emblems now. Some are REALLY detailed. How are folks achieving this? (on PS4)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

CitizenKain posted:

You setup them on the Battlelog webpage.

I created one there. But I was forced to use shapes and primitives, and while I *SUPPOSE* some of these amazing images are done that way, it feels like some... aren't? If they are all shapes and primitives that's pretty loving amazing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The sound of the sniper guns makes me want to stick needles into my brain through my ears.
What gives with them, anyway? Is that a realistic sniper sound? It's the worst thing ever.

[Edit]
Getting shot at/by them.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

AcidCat posted:

What's up Feenix, glad to see you're still alive.

Anyway, my problem resolved itself this morning, all guns/unlocks were back, so I guess it had nothing to do with the two PSN IDs listed on Origin.

But hey, tonight again (on PS4) - I can go to Battlelog ingame, it shows all my poo poo, as soon as I start an actual game, I'm back to square one on guns/unlocks. Is this a bug anyone else has experienced? It's like the game letting me know I should play less. Frustrating as hell.

Sup 'cat!!
Same here and with my buddy. And a couple nights ago. I was back to square one in guns and equipment. Quitting the game and rebooting it seemed to fix it all times though.
Other weirdness was afoot, too, leading me feel like it was EA's servers having a communication issue maybe.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I think things have been worse than normal lately with EA's servers/service. The "you only have starting equipment and guns" thing happens every day to me now. Every day has been greeted with "You failed to connect to EA's servers" when I first boot up, too.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Incendiaries are the best for confusion, ticking off damage and flushing people out.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Be useful AND dangerous. Run engineer with the AK5c. Or unlock the M16A4 assault. gently caress a DMR.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I *was* but now I'm intrigued. What's the better use case for SLAMS?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh Worrrrrrd!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh my god the rubber banding. This is my first play in a little while. Uggggh.

• Locked thread