Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Varinn posted:

Torches, I guess? They'll keep you warm too.

edit: ahahaaha incredible

Man, that title. I pretty much agree with what you're saying; starting out crash landed on a planet and needing to recover some base copper or something to do some makeshift repairs and continuing down the current path up until you get the spaceship flying again would make more sense than it does currently. Alternatively, just bump it up to a sci-fi setting from the get go if I'm gonna be flying in a god drat spaceship. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Slime posted:

I know what you mean. When you can just chop down some trees and gently caress off into space, sitting around on some shithole planet making picks just seems...weird.

The flavor text is literally "Pickaxes are so last millenia!"

It's like the developers know and are undecided on it themselves, so best to keep giving them feedback on it. :v:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

crowfeathers posted:

Found a drat cool planet: X 17437691 Y -68092721 Beta Trianguli 99 III. It's practically on the other side of the world from the spawn, but you can find a medieval castle dungeon complete with cavalry and a collectible crown hat :3:

E: It's actually just to the left, I walked all that way for nothing :D

Which moon?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

crowfeathers posted:

oh, drat, it's IIIa. Just head left, you'll run into some huts and then the castle.

Well, for what it's worth, there's an USCM* base just to the left of spawn on moon B :v:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Garbage editing but I was dicking around with a few instruments and some .abc song files, including the GoT theme :buddy:

http://www.twitch.tv/realsouthernexp/b/485301754

I also showed off how to dupe near the end in the space ship. (This maybe got fixed in the patch that just launched)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Rrussom posted:

Mods, please move the thread to GBS, where it truly belongs.

I think imp zone wouldn't mind borrowing it :mrgw:

Supernorn posted:

It's true, finishing Starbound isnt about finishing Starbound. Its all an elaborate ruse to.. umm...uh..

huh.

The game has had no work done on it in a long time and Chucklefish has started publishing a half dozen other games

There's no ruse or conspiracy, it's just a game being left to hang out and dry while all the devs do whatever tickles their fancy.

Minera fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 19, 2014

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

6 months, there hasn't been an update in 6 months.

uh no there's the nightlies that have added...

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Magmarashi posted:

It is important that at least half a page of posts be dedicated to repeating the same handful of complaints as the last page, otherwise the thread isn't edgy enough

Perhaps if there was a good aspect to the game, someone would post about it

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

Aaaaand of course you're a channer.

Hell Yeah! I bet he uses Facebook too! He's probably even liked things on Reddit before! God forbid, we may have an Imgur or Tumblr user in our midst...!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

oddium posted:

Please don't encourage more of WarpedNaba's terrible posting

lol, of course you'd post on something awful.........................

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Bilal posted:

Updates in the most recent nightly:

The grappling hook is no longer single use
The 3D printer is more useful now (can be used to 3d print tools, good for making multiple pickaxes if you have the pixels to spare)
Pickaxes are slightly more durable, but not by much
They made it so walking backwards is normal speed again
There's now an upgrade to the MM that makes ores glow, making them easier to find
They finally added the item to beam to your ship from underground
The refinery has been removed. Instead there's a new "crafting station" for commodity (ore) markets. You can now buy or sell ores, making mining profitable or making it easier to amass good amounts of ores for crafting. In addition prices fluctuate periodically so you can try to make a pixel profit just on trading
Armor energy bonuses have been increased across the board
Performance improvements in the outpost (but I still drop frames now and again, but it's better than it was before)

Bilal posted:

I made all of that up, I haven't played the game since unstable

lmao

• Locked thread