Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tengames posted:

jesus christ you guys are so goddamn loving quick to defend the goddamn ~story~, that god forbid your loving item that relocates matter with energy beams might be a bit more practical then smacking a tree with a blunt stone ax, and that players not have to wait for multiple teirs for it.

Seriously why can't we just have both? Maybe compromise and say Mater Manipulators are faster but Picks and Axes cover more area? That way we can just have our manipulators if we want and there's still a reason to have a Pick for big projects and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

A.C. posted:

Also it can't really be stressed enough that caveman tier can be skipped entirely by flying around the galaxy like Han Solo and stealing everything from every civilization you find. You can find all of the toolbenches you need early on, tons of materials and food, and magical weapons. All of the "cool sci-fi stuff" is available right away, you just have to fly somewhere and find it.

It really needs to be said that you never have to acknowledge the tutorial at all. Just get some wood or coal, load your ship up, and gently caress around. The low level planets all have the diverse biome options (though until you get decently geared up Arctic planets are suicide, and I've yet to see any ocean planets but they may not be in? Who knows, beta) and you can just keep farting around, exploring until night, teleporting up, farting around more, and just looting everything like a space pirate.

This game is Terraria as you make it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Revol posted:

From tonight's patch notes

GREAT ideas. Or, at least make the beginner bow better. I've got the iron bow now and that motherfucker rocks.

This seems completely unnecessary to me, but whatever.

Perfect.

And a lot of other good fixes. Anyone know ETA?

That plus

quote:

- Added hunting knife weapon that also makes monsters drop meat (done)

Finally hunting doesn't feel like the most annoying thing in game.

Also yay

quote:

- Craftable climbing ropes! (done)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Found a Glitch in a robe and wizard hat in a small castle on my desert planet. He didn't do anything for me or turn hostile.

So I killed him and moved into his castle.

Now I'm King Monkey.

My only regret is that he didn't drop the robe and hat.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gamerofthegame posted:

He was a shopkeep who would have sold you stims and a wizard hat, actually.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

How? I pressed E in front of him and everything.

The chest in his MY castle had some Stims in it at least.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Juice Box Hero posted:

Just starting this game. Thinking I'm supposed to get fuel? Missed the instructional popup and can't figure out how to trigger it again.

Are you supposed to be able to go through the electric lab area to get fuel? Sort of hard as gently caress, or extremely tedious matter-manipulating a path through.

Please pardon my not knowing what the gently caress.

No problem it's really unclear and poorly worded at the moment.

Right now 'fuel' is anything burnable (I think?) So cut a tree down and dig some coal up and you can fuel your ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ethanol posted:

You have to be pretty careful with sand in this game. I collapsed a whole loving mountain on top of myself by accident.

My fancy Glitch castle had a secret tunnel through a sand mountain.

I kinda felt like a god watching it fall around me.

• Locked thread