Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Satyavati

"How many Gnolls are there that need to take the entirety of a country's army to deal with?" Satyavati shrugs as she covers her face with her hand. "Lady Bryn, as much as I admire Tanna's fighting arts, can't those dogs be dealt with just one squadron? And there might be the need of diplomacy in order to convince both countries to help, yes. But as someone who have tried to ask for help for an year... I can say that this is not really going to work."

The Elven queen lets out a long sigh. "Were I more desperate, I'd dress whatever still followers I had as Andamanian troops and have them burn villages of both countries. Perhaps only with such a provocation that a war could be..." She stops for a bit, deep in thought. "Or what if the daughters of the rulers of both countries made the kind of diplomatic insults that would make Varna declare war on the spot?" She says while looking at Bryn and Mirabelle with a devious look on her face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bryn

"Well that ain't gonna work on account of my natural charm," Bryn said. "Sorry babe, I can't help it if everybody loves me. Mirabelle's a natural at bein' unlikeable though, so you're halfway there at least."

She then turned her attention back to the Queen. "So hey, are we sure there aren't any, like, super-powerful army-destroying artifacts kickin' around somewhere unattended? Like a horn you blow on an' it summons the legions of the dead to do your bidding, or an axe that ends the world when you swing it or something? 'Cause that'd be pretty awesome, probably solve all your problems too."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Genevieve

"Zat sounds a bit like ze gnoll magic, no no? Perhaps we should attend to ze mission instead of ze fantasy."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Satyavati

Satyavati lets out a quick snicker at Genevieve's comment. "In any case... The diplomatic route will go first. Lady Celestine, we will try as you told us but... I still do not believe this will work."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Mirabelle de Pasade

"Wait. I did see something earlier in the parade. An eladrin and Lafarean talking to each other. They wanted me to see them. And..."

Mirabelle lapses into silence for a moment.

"I vote we go to Lafarea. Something may be happening there, and we should try to gain my country's support first, if Bryn is so sure her country is hopeless. At the very least, Lafarean magic can take us to Tanna and may be the edge needed to remove the gnolls. We will not require Varna to personally declare war, and no militant noble house is stupid enough to think Varna will never cast his eyes over Lafarean land that used to belong to the eladrin. It is merely a point to convince them the time to act is now, not later. And Bryn, on the way, tell me about these...demons. If there is an abyssal cause, then that happens to be something I can very purposefully help with."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adrian

Adrian nods. "Agreed. Better to have one army than none. If the Lafareans are less intractable than Tanna, so be it."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bryn

"A'ight, y'know what? gently caress it," Bryn said. "We can go to Lafarea, an' then I'm'a take you bitches on a tour of the Ashcaps personally, see what you've gotta say then. "Bunch of 'I don't have to live next to an endless horde of demon-loving dog-cats' or whatever the hell gnolls are supposed to be.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Aha! Finally Edouard has a simple, straightforward answer.

"They're hyenas."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bryn

"Thanks Eddie," Bryn said. "You really cleared that up."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Genevieve

We'll go to Lafarea!

"Zat is why he is here!" She hugs Eddie from the side and smiles sweetly, looking ever so proud.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
The Queen lets out a little cough, an amused smirk on her face. "Thank you. I will send a missive to Varna in an attempt to begin negotiations; I only hope that I can stop his advances until you return."

With some help from Mirabelle, Celestine charts a course for you to the southern country of Lafarea which would take you through the ruined lands of Almora and across (or rather, through) the Carinian Mountains. She also grants you 1008 gold (168 if you want to split it) from her coffers to prepare for the journey.

If you have any last minute stuff you want to do in town before departing, now would be the best time to do it! Feel free to roleplay going to shops or whatever

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Satyavati

Ah, yes, maybe this time a missive might work, Satyavati thought to herself sarcastically. "Try to find a safe place if things go wrong, my Lady. It might be the best thing to do if things go wrong."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bryn

"Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine," Bryn said in the tone of someone being forced to eat something they didn't particularly care for. "Let's all go to the place Mirabelle came from, I'm sure that'll be super fuckin' fun and not annoying at all. Wood-ear's right, though," she said to the Queen matter-of-factly. "Don't go gettin' yourself all stabbed up again, a'ight? 'Course, if you do wanna make a play for Varna while you got his guard down, don't forget to lead off with some sand in the eyes or somethin'," she said slyly. "They can't do all that teleporting bullshit if they can't see. Just a little pro tip," she said, winking and slapping Celestine on the shoulder.

That done she hefted her axe and nodded to the others. "I'm'a go get drunk so I can try an' pretend like this whole plan is a good idea. Plus I gotta say goodbye to Alexandra, she's gonna be pretty upset that we're leaving an' all. Oh and I guess we oughta buy some supplies an' poo poo too. Since we're rollin' in gold how 'bout we spring for the rations that don't taste like rear end this time?"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mirabelle de Pasade

"I have but one suggestion: let me do the talking. If need be we may need to count some of you as my entourage in order to gain full access to all corts; apologies, Adrian, Genevieve, but you are not of noble blood, and Edouard, you are not of recognized noble blood. And do not worry, Bryn, I'm sure at least one noble family will take offense to something you will inevitably do and demand satisfaction, at which point we can arrange a dual to keep you busy. Oh, and Adrian, fey pacts were so out of season when I left, and they may still be, so don't flaunt it."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adrian

"Have no fear, m'lady," Adrian says, bowing so he can roll his eyes, "I shan't embarass your ever so marvelous reputation."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mirabelle de Pasade

"Oh, use some sense. It has nothing to do with my reputation and everything to do with OURS. Lafareans always try to negotiate from a position of strength. The more we can deny them that, the better."

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013

"That is how it is in the nobility. If you are not up with the current fashion or current trend, you are less than nothing. It's a matter of practicality, even if it is practicality based on something completely frivolous and silly."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adrian

"Well, then!" Adrian claps his hands together, smiling bitterly. "Shouldn't be too hard for me. Easy enough to be less than nothing. At least it saves me the trouble of having to pretend." Walking out from the throne room, he grunts in dismay. "I think I'll go get drunk with Bryn."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mirabelle de Pasade

Mirabelle murmurs to Edouard as Adrian leaves.

"Of course, if things have changed and fey pacts are back in fashion, we'll want to flaunt him as much as possible. Better change his actual story though, strump it up, make him some kind of champion of man who took his pact through victory rather then some poor peasant who got tricked into it. But I figured best to prepare for the worst. Also, pfeh. Fey magic."

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013

"Do not look at me, where I come from we learn magic through years of difficult study and practice. To borrow magic from an otherworldly creature would be seen as cheating."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Genevieve

Hashtags posted:

If you want to split it

That is a great joke amigo! I take my 168 Gold.

"Ohhh Eddie, you are so right. But maybe ze ashen princess, she is right as well? After all, if ze fazhons are so important, zere is only one thing we can do!" Oh dear. Gene has already linked her arm in Edouard's and is standing up. The meeting is over and the Queen was nice enough to press more gold into their well-deserving hands before she left. "Shall we shop, darling?!"

I am ready to go at any time but it is safe to assume Gene has an exciting new set of nice noble-looking clothing :)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Satyavati

Bickering about nobility ranks is so unbecoming of nobles, Saty thought to herself. Let Bryn and Mira bicker, though. As a Queen, and therefore higher than the other people on the party, Satyavati should be above such things.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mirabelle de Pasade

The eladrin gets an almost musical laugh from Mirabelle in response.

"Oh, dear. Listen. History is littered with fools who simply took bargins with otherworldly entities. Anyone can do that. We are merchant princes. Did I not already say that Lafareans always bargin from a position of power?"

The dark skinned girl gives a predatory grin.

"Anyone can simply indebt themselves for a copper coin's worth of magic. We demand only fair agreements. Magic and loyalty both are coins like any other. The pact givers pay in certain currencies, and we in turn repay in further investments as rightfully agreed contracts see fit. And we are very good at ensuring those contracts are written properly."

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013

"Well, it is no business of mi-- oof!" Edouard is dragged to his feet. "I am not a caster by any means, although the boon granted us by th-- oh dear. I suppose I'm off to buy some needless frippery again. We meet at th..."

And then he's gone, towed out by his wife.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

The following morning, you congregate at the city gates; the queen sends one of her servants to see you off, and he hands you a map with what her advisors have decided to be the quickest, safest (relatively) routes to your destination.

It takes you about a week to reach the border of Almora, and the trip is pleasant enough; you fought off a few highwaymen and a band of goblins along the way, nothing too tough. The edge of Almora is immediately apparent, as the soft green grass of the Lenuan Plains comes to an abrupt halt and gives way to dry, crackled ground. After a few hours' travel, you're really wishing you'd dressed lighter; the sun beats down on you relentlessly.

Eventually, you see some figures off in the distance, a cloud of dust trailing behind them.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Satyavati

Satyavati endures the desert heat silently, although the encounters with brigands annoyed her quite a bit during the trip. "Hmph. More of them?" She says while holding tightly to her mount's saddle, squinting her eyes to the distance and trying to make sense of the figures. "drat armor is so hot... Still, might be useful that I brought it."

Perception: 1d20+7 18

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bryn

Bryn endured the desert heat as she did most any hardship...gracelessly, with a steady stream of profanity, grumbling, and complaining along the way. One thing that Tanna wasn't especially well known for was warmer weather, and while Leuna had been pleasant enough as far as she was concerned in Varna wanted Almora then he was welcome to it.

"Ugh...gently caress it, whatever," she said, slumping forward in her saddle, sweat rolling down her neck, not even the prospect of violence managing to excite her. Somehow this was all Mirabelle's fault. She wasn't entirely sure how just yet, but she resolved to blame the other woman regardless. "Maybe we can kill'em an' use their bodies for shade or somethin'."

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Edouard:

"I know, this heat is stifling. We have been walking for only a few days but it feels like it has been a month since anything has happened."

Edouard peers at the approaching cloud.

"I suppose it would be too much to expect that to be a welcoming party for a party of foreign emissaries."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adrian

"Don't worry, oh glorious leader," Adrian chuckles darkly, "whoever they are, I'm sure they'll have some water on them." He keeps his hood up - it's warm, but at least it saves his head from being straight under that blistering sun. This trip had been entirely too boring, with entirely too little alcohol - although they'd gotten some of Alexandra's stock before they left, drinking in this weather was a recipe for disaster. So they were stuck with water until they could find some place to stay; and for Adrian, that couldn't come soon enough.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mirabelle de Pasade

In contrast to the others, Mirabelle didn't seem bothered in the slightest by the heat.

"Honestly, all of you, stop your whining. You're making us look bad. You're making me look bad. Allow me to greet these newcomers, so that the rest of you do not drown them in sweat and spittle."

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Satyavati can see in the distance a group of elves! Riding...giant cats?

The newcomers greet you first as an arrow whizzes past Mirabelle's head. The elves dismount and one of them approaches: "Drop your belongings, outsiders, and maybe we'll let you go with your lives."

pre:
	            HP     AC  Fort  Ref  Will
Desert Cat 1        54/54  20  17    16   14
	Cat 2       54/54
	Cat 3       54/54
	Cat 4       54/54
Elf Raider 1        52/52  18  14    18   15
	Raider 2    52/52
	Raider 3    52/52
	Raider 4    52/52
Elf Sniper 1        55/55  18  17    19   18
	Sniper 2    55/55

HP     AC  Fort  Ref  Will
Adrian		    50/50  19  16    19   22
Bryn 	            61/61  22  22    18   18
Edouard             43/43  20  17    17   18
Genevieve	    47/47  21  15    22   17
Mirabelle	    56/56  21  19    17   21
Satyavati	    67/67  23  18    18   19

Everyone is up!

Encounter Features:
- The hot sun beats down on you mercilessly; the party must succeed at two DC 19 Endurance checks per round or everyone loses one healing surge!
- Dark orange squares are large sand dunes, and are difficult terrain.
- Green squares are cacti; pushing a creature into a cactus causes them to take 6 damage and be slowed until the end of their next turn.
- Grey squares are petrified trees, which are impassable and provide cover.
- A minor action DC 23 Arcana check will tell you what the pink squares do, but you'll have to be within 5 squares to try.
- Satyavati gets a +5 bonus to Intimidate checks against the elves.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adrian

"Great," Adrian muttered, before strengthening his voice as he disappears into shadow. "Yeah, how about you don't rob us? Thanks!" He moves to hide behind one of the petrified trees, lobbing a bolt of green fire at the foremost raider. "And you can get out of here before you're the ones that lay down their lives!" Only belatedly does he realize they might have talked it out, perhaps. Oh, well.

Move; to D12. Shadow Walk triggers. Hidden Sniper triggers.
Minor; Curse Raider 2.
Standard; Eldritch Blast vs Raider 2 at 1d20+14=30. Damage for 1d10+6+1d6=16.
Endurance; at d20+4=11.

pre:
Adrian   						 
HP: 50/50 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 7/7 (V: 12)      For:  16    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  19    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	         Will: 22    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Eldritch Blast          [ ] Ethereal Stride                  [ ] Crown of Stars
Eyebite                 [ ] Lure of Enchantment              [ ] Roaring Storm of Cania
Misty Step              [ ] Otherwind Stride                 [ ] Summon Sidhe Ally    
Warlock's Curse         [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Shadowslip
                        [ ] Witchfire

Item Powers
[ ] Armor of Dark Majesty (Daily)
[ ] Boots of the Dryad (Daily)
[ ] Links of Immateriality (Daily)
[ ] Nature's Fervor (Daily)
[ ] Phylactery of Action (Encounter)
[ ] Rod of Avernus (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Armor of Dark Majesty: Gain +2 to defenses against enemies under your warlock's curse.
Bloodied Boon: You can choose to gain your pact boon when an enemy you curse is first bloodied. 
If you do so, you remove your curse from that enemy.
Boots of the Dryad: You ignore difficult terrain that is the result of plants, trees, underbrush
or natural growth (forest walk).
Hidden Sniper: If you have partial concealment against a target, 
you gain combat advantage against it with your ranged attacks.
Light of Heart: You can make saving throws both at the start of your turn and the end of your turn 
against fear effects that a save can end. 
Links of Immateriality: Your curse damage die increase by one step until the end of your next turn 
after using Misty Step.
Nature's Fervor: When you use your second wind, you can make a saving throw against 
one effect that a save can end.
Pleasant Recovery: You regain 1d8 additional hitpoints for each healing surge you spend during a short rest.
Prime Shot: If none of your allies are nearer to your target than you are, 
you receive a +1 bonus to ranged attack rolls against that target. 
Rod of Avernus: When you gain the benefit of your Warlock's pact boon, 
you can slide each enemy affected by your Warlock's Curse 1 square.
Sacrifice to Caiphon: When you attack with a warlock encounter power that has targets and you miss all targets,
then you can deal damage to yourself equal to the level of the power. If you do, you immediately recover the power.
Shadow Walk: During your turn, if you move 3 or more squares away from where you started your turn, 
you gain partial concealment until the end of your next turn. 
Superior Will: If you are dazed or stunned, you can make a saving throw at the start of your turn to end
that effect, even if the effect doesn't normally end on a save. 
Walk Among Men: During a short rest, you can change your appearance to that of a male human, eladrin, or elf. 
Your face and build remain recognizably yours, but you otherwise appear to be a member of the chosen race. 
This illusion rests until you end it as a minor action or until you die. 

Wahad fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 11, 2014

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bryn

"Ugh." Bryn watched without enthusiasm as an arrow streaked by Mirabelle's head. "Y'missed."

Sliding off her mount she slowly tromped across the dunes towards the nearest bandit. "Gotta be fuckin' kidding me. Who even fuckin' lives here? Fuckin' elves. Fuckin' desert."

Unslinging her axe she sullenly swung her axe into his chest, contemptuously slamming his body into a nearby cactus, blood staining the sands as he expired. "Rarr or somethin'. Whatever."

Minor action: Use my armor's special ability, AC goes down to 21 but my speed is up to 6 and no armor penalties.
Standard action: Charging to F-11 and using Bull Charge against Raider 2. I roll a 1 but since Hashtags has said that natty 1's aren't an auto-miss I use Heroic Effort to add +4 to that which makes my final result a 17 vs. Fort, so it hits. It does 31 damage and pushes him into the cactus for a further 6, so 37 total. Raider 2 is dead.
No action: Rolling Endurance and I get an 18, missing by one.

pre:
Bryn   						 
HP: 61/61 (THP:   )      AC:   21    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 12/12 (V: 15)    For:  22    Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +7   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6 (5)  	         Will: 18    Vision: NA
Languages: Common, Goblin            Kills: 13.5

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Brash Strike            [ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Driving Attack
Crushing Surge          [x] Heroic Effort               [ ] Rain of Steel
Combat Challenge        [ ] Takedown Strike             [ ] Berserker's Fury
                        [ ] Hack and Hew
                        [ ] Glowering Threat
                        [x] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ignore Weakness

Melee Basic Attack (Waraxe): 1d20+11 vs AC; 1d12+8 damage.

Item/Boon Powers
Versatile Chain Mail +1: At-Will, Minor Action.  You take a -1 AC penalty but 
ignore penalties to speed and checks caused by armor.  This persists until you use a 
minor action to return the armor to normal.
Ring of Goring: You may do +1d6 damage on a charge but grant combat advantage
until the end of your next turn if you do.
Trinket of Unstoppable Momentum: At-Will, Minor Action.  Your Combat Challenge 
class feature is disabled. You gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to the Escalation 
Die + your Constitution modifier (this increases to Con mod + Edie + 2 at 15th level 
and Con mod + Edie + 4 at 25th level). You can spend a minor action at any time to 
reverse this.
Kingslayer's Curse - Unconquerable: +2 to Intimidate and Perception checks, 1/day immediate 
reaction when you are knocked prone, stand from prone and spend a healing surge.
Lesser Badge of the Berserker: +4 to all defenses against OAs made against you while charging.
Gauntlets of Ogre Power: +1 to Athletics and Strength checks, 1/day add +2 to all melee damage
for an encounter.

Conditionals/Resists:
Combat Superiority: +2 to-hit on opportunity attacks.  If a move provokes an 
OA, that enemy stops moving if struck though they can use further actions to resume 
moving.
Battlerager Vigor: Gain 3 temp hitpoints when hitting with a melee or close 
weapon attack, or 7 temp hitpoints when hitting with a melee or close weapon attack 
with the Invigorating keyword.  +2 to damage rolls with melee or close weapon attacks 
when wearing chainmail and having temp hitpoints.
Savage Axe: Add +3 to opportunity attack damage rolls.
Axe Expertise: Reroll any one damage die on a successful axe attack that 
comes up 1.
Berserker's Fury: 1/day gain +2 to all damage rolls for the rest of the 
encounter.
Vigilante Justice Style: Use Brash Strike as a Combat Challenge attack instead of an MBA.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Adrian

As Bryn slays the raider, Adrian uses the opportunity to gather the power of his magic and teleport back to the safety of the group.

Free Action; On Raider 2's death, teleport with Misty Step to D15.

pre:
Adrian   						 
HP: 50/50 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 7/7 (V: 12)      For:  16    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  19    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	         Will: 22    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

Eldritch Blast          [ ] Ethereal Stride                  [ ] Crown of Stars
Eyebite                 [ ] Lure of Enchantment              [ ] Roaring Storm of Cania
Misty Step              [ ] Otherwind Stride                 [ ] Summon Sidhe Ally    
Warlock's Curse         [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Shadowslip
                        [ ] Witchfire

Item Powers
[ ] Armor of Dark Majesty (Daily)
[ ] Boots of the Dryad (Daily)
[ ] Links of Immateriality (Daily)
[ ] Nature's Fervor (Daily)
[ ] Phylactery of Action (Encounter)
[ ] Rod of Avernus (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Armor of Dark Majesty: Gain +2 to defenses against enemies under your warlock's curse.
Bloodied Boon: You can choose to gain your pact boon when an enemy you curse is first bloodied. 
If you do so, you remove your curse from that enemy.
Boots of the Dryad: You ignore difficult terrain that is the result of plants, trees, underbrush
or natural growth (forest walk).
Hidden Sniper: If you have partial concealment against a target, 
you gain combat advantage against it with your ranged attacks.
Light of Heart: You can make saving throws both at the start of your turn and the end of your turn 
against fear effects that a save can end. 
Links of Immateriality: Your curse damage die increase by one step until the end of your next turn 
after using Misty Step.
Nature's Fervor: When you use your second wind, you can make a saving throw against 
one effect that a save can end.
Pleasant Recovery: You regain 1d8 additional hitpoints for each healing surge you spend during a short rest.
Prime Shot: If none of your allies are nearer to your target than you are, 
you receive a +1 bonus to ranged attack rolls against that target. 
Rod of Avernus: When you gain the benefit of your Warlock's pact boon, 
you can slide each enemy affected by your Warlock's Curse 1 square.
Sacrifice to Caiphon: When you attack with a warlock encounter power that has targets and you miss all targets,
then you can deal damage to yourself equal to the level of the power. If you do, you immediately recover the power.
Shadow Walk: During your turn, if you move 3 or more squares away from where you started your turn, 
you gain partial concealment until the end of your next turn. 
Superior Will: If you are dazed or stunned, you can make a saving throw at the start of your turn to end
that effect, even if the effect doesn't normally end on a save. 
Walk Among Men: During a short rest, you can change your appearance to that of a male human, eladrin, or elf. 
Your face and build remain recognizably yours, but you otherwise appear to be a member of the chosen race. 
This illusion rests until you end it as a minor action or until you die. 

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Satyavati

What in the... Have her people fallen so low that now they prey on the travelers? This is insulting. Satyavati grips her sword and steps forward, holding it aloft her own head. "Maggots! Worms! You dare to try to rob your own Queen? Stand down or I will make sure none of you leave this place alive!"

Rolling intimidate to make the raiders stand down!
Intimidate: 1d20+8 13

Eh. Guess that's a standard action, though. Moving to I-7.

Endurance: 1d20+11 16

I loving hate Orokos so much.

pre:
Satyavati   						 
HP: 67/67 (THP: )         AC:   23    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/11 (V: 16)     For:  18    Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +5   	  Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7   	          Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light

Frigid Blade         [ ] Noble Presence                [ ] Frost Backlash
Booming Blade        [ ] Elven Accuracy                [ ] Dimensional Bond
Aegis of Shielding   [ ] Sword of Sigils               [ ] Sweeping Frostblade 
                     [ ] Transposing Lunge             [ ] Swordmage Shielding Fire
                     [ ] Channeling Shield
                     [x] Quickling Stride                
                     [ ] Second Wind

Ranged Basic Attack (Foemaker Broadsword +1): 1d20+8 vs AC; 1d10+5 damage.

Item Powers
Foemaker Broadsword: (Daily) Each Enemy within 5 Squares that you can see is marked 
until the end of your next turn.

Armor of Aegis Expansion (Encounter, Interrupt) Trigger: A creature that you have 
marked with Aegis of Shielding targets you and at least one of your allies with an attack.

Effect: The damage from the triggering attack is reduced by 5+ the armor's enhancement bonus.

Amulet of Life: (Encounter) Can spend two healing surges at the same time.

Frostbite Gauntlets: (At-Will, Free) Instead of slowing the target of your Frigid 
Blade, you can use an immediate interrupt when it moves to knock it prone. 

Kord's Relentlessness (Encounter): No Action. Trigger: You spend a healing surge while prone.
Effect: You can stand up as a free action.
(Daily * Healing): No Action. Trigger: You succeed on a saving throw. Effect: You regain 5 HP.

Conditionals/Resists:

Swordmage Warding +1 to AC if using a sword, +3 if one-handed.

+2 to saving throws whenever no allies are within 5 of you.

+2 to attack rolls against enemies marked by Aegis of Shielding.

Non-Elf Allies within 5 gain a +1 to perception.

+2 item bonus to death saving throws

+2 to melee damage after using Second Wing

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 9, 2014

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Genevieve

Is that two Endurance rolls per character per round, or two for the entire party per round?

"Oh Eddie, your rapier wit makes ze travel bearable!" Gene looks over to him and smiles radiantly, matching Mirabelle in beating the heat and maintaining an upbeat attitude!

What a joke! Gene always dresses lightly for she knows the value of plain beauty... and the difficulty of engaging in high society trends without a continual source of wild riches. She does make the occasional blip when she has a windfall, but a continuous effort... ah well. Traveling in this sort of climate or without any creature comforts can only come naturally with her upbringing so she has come dressed as the simple and practical traveler. With some extra cloth she is fully-covered to evade the cruelty of the sun but she is also stylish and stealthy with a face-wrap scarf.

Oh, some saucy boys want to test her on that. Gene drops into a roll off her mount, dashes to D12 and finds the cover of the petrified tree just right(Stealth 31). She takes up a dagger and casually casts it out towards a Raider! The blade almost looks like it may falter... before it catches a bit of that dust-cloud desert wind and flips about into the Raider's eye! This deals 21 Damage and Slows Raider 1 UEONT(Gene.)

Did I mention that Gene does not mind the heat at all? (Endurance 25 and 28!)

Move to D12
Stealth 31
Unbalancing Shot vs Raider 1
Hits for 21 Damage and Slows UEONT
Endurnace 25 and 28

pre:
Genevieve Beauchene   						 
HP: 47/47 (THP:  )         AC:   21    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 6/6 (V: 12)      For:  15    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +12   	 Ref:  22    Action Points: 1/1
Vision: Low-light        Will: 17 
Speed: 6
Stealth: +16, No Penalty for Movement Beyond 2 Squares, -5 When Running
         May Stealth after Moving 3 Squares with Cover

Acrobatic Strike        [ ] Fey Step OR Fey Duelist          [ ] Bloodbath
Deft Strike             [ ] Vicious Assault                  [ ] Blinding Barrage
                        [X] Unbalancing Shot                 [ ] Duelist's Dagger    
                        [ ] Fleeting Spirit Strike           [ ] Spider Climb
                        [ ] Master of Deceit                 [ ] Widow's Veil
                        [ ] Gloam Armor                      [ ] Rapid Motion Daily
                        [ ] Shimmering Athame                [ ] Shroud Teleport
                        [ ] Perfect Feint
                        [ ] Rapid Motion Interrupt
                        [ ] Luckbender
                        [ ] Shroud Mark

Dagger Dex/Thrown: +14(+16 against CA), 1d4+6+3 Radiant (+1 against CA)
Sneak Attack: +2d8
Shuriken Thrown: +12, 1d6+5

Conditionals/Resists:

Eladrin Will: +5 Save against Charms
First Strike: Combat Advantage against anyone lower in Initiative in the First Turn/Surprise Round
Cunning Sneak: Stealth Enhancements
Weapon Talent: +1 Attack with Daggers, Shuriken are 1d6
Sneak Attack: Once per Round against CA opponent deal additional 2d8 Damage
Master of Deceit: Once per Encounter free reroll of Bluff
Swift Footwork: Shifts granted by Encounters/Dailies are up to 2 squares longer
Reaver Level 5: +1 to melee UEONT after reducing non-minion to less than 1 HP

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mirabelle de Pasade

"Save the cats! I WANT one."

Mirabelle stomps haughtily forward and throws some fire at one of the raiders!

Move to C12, attack Raider 1!
Elemental Bolt vs Reflex: 1d20+13 30 1d12+1d6+19 28

Endurance: 1d20+9 13
I don't suppose my fire resistance helps here? :(

pre:

HP: 51/51		AC:   18		Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/10 (V: 10)	Fort: 18		Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +6		Ref:  16		Vision: Low-Light
Speed: 6		Will: 20		Kills: 13.75 (C:3)
Action Points: 0	Resists: Fire 8	

At Will			Encounter			Dailies
Elemental Bolt		[ ] Second Wind					[ ] Staff of Tiamat's Fire
Ignition		[ ] Hellfire Heart
			[ ] Infernal Wrath
			[2] Elemental Escalation
			[ ] Hellish Rebuke
      			[ ] Dragonflame Mantle

Conditionals:

Bloodhunt: +1 to attack rolls against bloodied enemies.
Gauntlets of Blood: +2 to damage rolls against bloodied enemies
War Wizard Expertise: -5 to attack rolls against allies.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Edouard:

"Oh, they are raiders," Edouard says flatly. "Not a welcoming party at all."

Edouard moves to H11, taking some cover behind the prickly succulent and the raider skewered on it.

"Mirabelle, would you do that again? The faster we get this over with the sooner we can skin them all and tan their hides in the sun for parasols."

"...what?"

That's a Direct the Strike, giving Mirabelle another RBA against Raider 1, Sniper 1, or either of the cats near those two. She's at +1 to hit and +2 damage.

(No way to make two Endurance checks for the party, since I'm last to go and everyone else failed, so I'll just ding my healing surges by one.)

pre:
Edouard...L'Everett III  						 
HP: 48/48 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 6/7 (V:12)        For:  18    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +9   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: just the one
Speed: 6   	         Will: 19

Conditionals    
- Everyone in Edouard's party gets +2 Initiative checks
- If someone spends an action point to attack, +8 to hit. 
   If they attack and miss, or do not attack with their AP action, 
   +8 temporary HP instead.
- +5 saves vs. Charm
- +2 saves vs. Slowed, Immobilized, or Restrained

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mirabelle de Pasade

Hash can correct me, but I believe it's "everyone makes ONE endurance save. If the party AS A WHOLE makes two saves, you're good. If the party AS A WHOLE doesn't make at least two saves, you lose a surge"

"That's...rather disturbing, eladrin. But you are right, in that the sooner we are done, the sooner I can claim one of those cats for my own!"

With an imperious wave of her hand, Mirabelle finishes off the enemy raider.

Elemental Bolt vs Reflex: 1d20+15 23 1d12+1d6+23 29

"HERE KITTY KITTY KITTY!"

pre:

HP: 51/51		AC:   18		Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/10 (V: 10)	Fort: 18		Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +6		Ref:  16		Vision: Low-Light
Speed: 6		Will: 20		Kills: 14.75 (C:1)
Action Points: 0	Resists: Fire 8	

At Will			Encounter			Dailies
Elemental Bolt		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Staff of Tiamat's Fire
Ignition		[ ] Hellfire Heart
			[ ] Infernal Wrath
			[2] Elemental Escalation
			[ ] Hellish Rebuke
      			[ ] Dragonflame Mantle

Conditionals:

Bloodhunt: +1 to attack rolls against bloodied enemies.
Gauntlets of Blood: +2 to damage rolls against bloodied enemies
War Wizard Expertise: -5 to attack rolls against allies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
(That's how I understand it too, but everyone else fai-- oh no, Gene made it. But Edouard does not! So we all lose a surge anyway.)

• Locked thread