Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Personally, I prefer the first game over this one, but I am glad that someone is willing to try LPing this again.

Every other time someone has tried to LP one of these two games, they never got though it, although Cake Attack got pretty far in his attempt. I hope you manage to finish this. Although, if you do drop this, somebody must make a Nicaea clip of the post where you announce your dropping of it.

This isn't going to affect your Lux-Pain LP, right :ohdear:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

OK, I'm sorry, but those breasts are just ridiculous. I know, :japan:, but come on.

It's the artist, Suzuhito Yasuda. There is another game he has drawn for called Caladrius and it has the same problems with gigantic breasts.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Bringing up earlier character design discussion: It's weird - the oddest part of the character designs, to me, wasn't the antigravity tits (that, I can chalk up to :japan:) ... no, the problem is more that everybody's artbook designs just seem to be billowing everywhere. Jackets, coats, capes, I can think of multiple characters - at least 75% of the total PC cast - that seem to have one piece of clothing that apparently exists solely to hang around their mid-arm and just float imposingly on an unseen wind. You can see it with that inexplicable red jacket in Io's art there, as an example.

Clearly they're blowing with the winds of destiny.

Although I have no idea where Io got the jacket from, since she doesn't have it in the game.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

I don't think I could get away with bringing a civilian just to treat a sprain...

It's things like this that make Makoto my favorite character, story-wise.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Hey, everyone should click on that. The music in this game is much better than in the previous one, and this track is especially great.

That was a big problem in the last game. While some music was good (Garuda), a lot of it was ear-poppingly terrible - like the song that plays against Beldr.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I love that Joe is totally okay with us just letting him die. Even he can see how bad Keita is.

I don't think it really matters if he lives or dies in this run - I doubt that the thread can get the ending with everyone recruited on the first playthrough.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

They die, but their demons don't. You can just revive the character, like any other demon. The main character falling doesn't cause a game over unless it is a lose condition.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Feinne posted:

I think you mean Belzebub. :colbert:

You're both wrong. In the first game it's Belzaboul :colbert:.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Glazius posted:

It's weird how Nicaea is all ambivalent about Fumi but is full-bore for Jungo.

The Ticos just love it when you save someone from a death clip's prediction. She didn't have a death clip, so she just gets a "meh".

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Glazius posted:

Try to make peace, end up fighting both sides, but it all works out in the end.

Wonder if that's foreshadowing?

I think that it's less foreshadowing, and more referencing to the first game, where you have the same option of fighting either one side or both in a late-game battle.

Of course, it worked in the last game because you were not working for one of the sides in that fight. It doesn't make much story sense to fight both, when your characters are working for Jp's.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

As much as I'd love to pick Maerlyn's Grapefruit here, it doesn't have a particularly great reaction and it's the only "wrong" choice. Shame; I'd be willing to put up with the minor hit to Fate points for the sake of something cool but alas Io's boring.

How is it a wrong choice? Does it not give fate points for picking it?

I always pick the grapefruit choice. I love the Dark Tower series.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

"...What the gently caress? Seriously, did your education miss out on remedial 'Not being Hitler' classes?"

Remember, Yamato didn't go to a regular school. Apparently, skipping that many grades makes you a monster.

Clearly this entire game is a metaphor for staying in school! That's why it was rated "T" - it would be too late to get the message across if it was an M game!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Glazius posted:

Well. Now I wonder what kicked Polaris off on this "reformat the world" stuff anyway.

This is an SMT spinoff game. Like all other games in this series, the guy in charge is mad that humans' free will isn't making them do exactly what it wants them to do, and thus the humans need to be fixed.

So, like all of the other SMT games, the only way to make it listen to reason is to punch it in the face.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Seyser Koze posted:

I thought Makoto was Hibiki's love interest.

Not in the anime! Instead, they made her in love with Yamato.

I still don't know why.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Arcade Rabbit posted:

This isn't my big issue Ronaldo. Its one of them, but its not the biggest one. Einander already explained why. My big issue comes after the Big Choice is made.

Same with me. I have another big issue with Ronaldo, but it only comes up in one route. However, with how the thread has voted in the past, I'm pretty sure that the route we are going through the first time won't be the one where it comes up.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I loved that Yamato claimed that he had no idea who Ronaldo was, yet a few sentences later talks about egalitarianism. He knew who Ronaldo was, he was just screwing with him.

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 26, 2014

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Kay Kessler posted:

This seems a lot like counting you chickens before they hatch. It'd make more sense for them to have this discussion after , you know, actually beating the last Septentrionne.

They don't have the time to keep stalling until Eta Ursae Majoris shows up. For all they know, the world could be consumed by the void just a few seconds after they win.

Besides, that is Daichi's plan - get everybody to calm down and discuss a better way to do things.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Omobono posted:

:sigh:
For comparisons, is it anything like in the first Devil Survivor, where they realized they made an unambiguously good Law ending and they added that line about becoming YHWH's fascist judge, jury and executioner?

No, but you'll have to wait to see why it is considered ambiguous.

Besides, in DS Overclocked, they added an extra day to the law route to once again make it unambiguously good.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Feinne posted:

We're also now at the point of picking who we'll max out our FATE with when, which matters because we get another demon at FATE 5 and Io's is objectively for me the best demon in the main game because it's laughably easy to make her immune to everything but Almighty.

Before we get Io to max, we need to get Al Saiduq to max, or else Dragonatrix will have to play this route again off-screen to get his demon.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

This is one of the lines that I hope gets fixed in Break Record. Kawkab should be the star Kochab (although they should have gone with the star Cynosura, as it was still used for navigation after it was no longer right at the pole), and Eli should be the binary system Errai, also known as Alrai. Kochab was one of the pole stars before Polaris, and Errai will be the next pole star after Polaris.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Perlia posted:

While we're on the topic of :gonk:, out of all the ridiculous designs for female characters in this game, how is it that straight-faced Tico-Tico is the one that disturbs me out the most? That wide eyed look in her eyes is creepy without her smile.

It's due to the eyes. Her eyes have stars in them, which look unnatural to a person with regular eyes. However, when she puts on a smile, you have a different thing to look at instead of just the eyes, decreasing how wrong she looks. When she has a neutral expression, your focus is on her eyes, so she looks off to you.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I think I've found my two favorite images in the LP. I like his death here even more than against Al Saiduq.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Now, I have to ask, if we're meant to see every ending as good, why the hell was everyone drawn so evil in this ending? I mean, they look badass, but none of them look even remotely trustworthy, not even Hibiki.

We aren't supposed to see every ending as good, though. Generally in an SMT game, only one ending is good, and the others tend to have an overall bad outcome. There are some exceptions - every ending is ultimately bad in Strange Journey, and with the 8th day in Overclocked, every ending is good in the first Devil Survivor.

This game only has two "good" endings, and this one is not supposed to be one of them.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I don't know what the worst part of his skill list is. It's either him trying to use Holy dance with 10 magic, or Multi-Strike with such a low agility score that he shouldn't be able to equip it.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Anime talk time!

This is the ending that the anime went with - the world has been reset and everyone has kept their character development, even if they didn't keep their exact memories. However, this shouldn't have worked in the anime - everyone except Hibiki died, with most of them never getting any development. In the game, the fact that everyone except for the four Tokyo faction members had to have the fate level at at least 4, means that you have seen most of their scenes, and they have developed as a person though the MC's interaction with them. In the anime, their new characterization comes out of nowhere.

I'm just going to assume the man who gave Yamato candy is the guy who starved to death in Yamato's ending, for maximum irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Glazius posted:

Man, I thought it was going to get crazy dark when we just reprised the opening cutscene. But... somehow things are working out? Is that it?

I wonder if we just convinced Polaris that we were capable of a unified will and he left it at that?

Polaris gave everyone a chance to show that they had changed due to the events of the week - presumably if he felt that the gang had lost their memories, he would send the big dipper after the world again.

However, almost everyone has shown some character development in the ending - Daichi is thinking about like after high school; Io has become more confident; Hinako is willing to dance on a stage; Ari is willing to perform the piano again; Keita has actually made a friend in Jungo; Joe is spending time with his girlfriend; Makoto is putting helping people before her assignments; Fumi is willing to see the beauty of nature outside instead of being completely cut off from the world; Ronaldo is working with the police again instead of obsessing over a not dead guy.

Seeing that everyone has developed and has kept their development after the reset is enough to convince Polaris not to attack again.

Unless Break Record changes that.

• Locked thread