Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jo "Boo" Nin

"I think we know why I am here," Boo putting her feet up on the table. "I'm too ninja for any of those assassins to gently caress with!" It was either that or she'd been stuck on desk duty for the past month since her last assignment went south. God, it's not her fault. If the diplomat wanted to get out of the favelas in one piece, he probably shouldn't have been so fat in the first place. He was like, three tons, and he wasn't willing to let her cut something off, so what was she to do? Then he went and pissed off Joao with all that bullshit...Well, she's been keeping the office secure. And no one would dare sneak up on her, of course. Like they even knew she was there; Auntie Kim taught all the kids of the Crescent Clan how to type right. Ninjas do it silently, can have someone sneak up on you because you're pounding away like an ape.

Jo rifles through the packet. "Iron...Bardick..." She sounds it out. "I'm with Grandpa on this one. The gently caress's a Bardick?"

Mr. Fowl posted:

Name: Jo “Boo” Nin (Born Junko Ninomiya)
MOS: Being a Goddamn Ninja
Description: A young woman of indeterminate ethnic background; short, athletic, and surprisingly cheerful given the profession she was born into.
FP: 3/3

High Concept: Last Hope of the Great Southern Crescent Clan
Trouble: Hot poo poo
Phase One: I've Got Friends in Low Places
Phase Two: Plan B for Bomb

Approaches:
  • +3 Stealthy
  • +2 Forceful, Flashy
  • +1 Clever, Quick
  • +0 Careful

Stunts
  • Bullshit no Justsu - Because Jo is the inheritor of centuries of Ninja myth and bullshittery, she can use Bullshit no Jutsu to gain +2 to Flashily Defend against ranged attacks.
  • Always Prepared - Because a ninja is Always Prepared, Jo has all kinds of gadgets on her person--and once person session can produce something essential/important.
  • Batmanning It - When Batmanning It--derived from a Japanese saying roughly translating to "The Wicked Are A Cowardly and Superstitious Lot"--Jo uses Stealth tactics to shock and intimidate her victims. (+2 to stealthy actions to intimidate)

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin FP 3

"Now that's the spirit!" Boo punches Peacock in the shoulder. "You get it; this ain't about having fifty bajillion deskmonkeys back home tracking your every move, holding your hand, sending little care packages from mom. It's about whispers and shadow and showing that fucker you're better by slitting his dumb throat before he knows you're even there1." She slips a kunai out of her Ninja Utility Belt (never leave home without yours) and wags it at Blancs. "You don't go into the field without your wits, so why would you go out their without everything on you that you'd need to accomplish the mission? Anything less and you'd end up dead. If you're not prepared to go out there without support, you shouldn't be out there."

1Ninja Way #7

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

"Is that all? So we find the VP of Bad Ideas, shake him down, and follow whatever falls out along the way to whoever is knocking off agents. Then we deal with it, Kyoto Style." Jo makes a cutting gesture with her kunai, obscure perhaps to all but another ninja. "And assuming Girl Genius here has that safehouse locked down, this is gonna be easy."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

Jo snorts at Leslie's comment. "What, I'm not party material?" She strikes a pose that just shouts La Dee Da. "Whatever, I'll be on the stealth team. Covert is my middle name, after all; Junko "Covert" Ninomiya. Enough killing time, I've got assassins to counter-assassinate."

Boo adds NOTHING to Intel and Resources.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

Boo sighs. It's just not the same. The little ninja reminisces about Christmases past, as it was not so long ago that she enjoyed Christmas in the town of Cherry Blossom, Louisiana. Wistfully, she recalls the tree, kunai hung with care, a shiny shuriken at its peak. The whole trailer smelled of pine and oil as they would gather around, eating Mom's special red bean buns--one of which was always poisoned, as is tradition. Then they would open presents, sorting out the real gifts from the booby-trapped boxes filled with bombs, bear traps, and deadly blow darts with a hair trigger. Her little cousins would probably be getting tucked in right about now, dreaming of all the wonderful weapons they would receive tomorrow.

Junko stealthily wipes a tear from her eye. Ninjas don't cry. At least not in plain sight. "What are all you jerks standing around for? If the agency is footing the bill, then let's dig in already!" She slaps Xiaolong on the back. "You are like a snowball dropped into the pants of this party, Bondo. Loosen up."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Doomsayer posted:

Sorry posting has been slow guys, I'm still away from my computer until the twentieth.

Of January? :raise:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

"Aw, you really like me don't you, Grandpa?" Boo smirks before lifting up her sash to cover her mouth and nose. "Either way, interception and extraction was my best class at Ninja School. Just sucks that that this Black Op is a White Op. I got an S in interrogation techniques too. But hey, he doesn't need to know that, does he?" She draws a knife halfway from its sheathe and nudges Lancehead.

---

Jo spits at the mention of the Triads. "They don't pay for poo poo. Stingiest, shiftiest cartel you'll ever deal with. Could be just because they prefer their in-house operatives, but gently caress, even the Mexican cartels are better."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

Jo sighs. "You know, when they say skeleton crew, they're usually exaggerating or flat out wrong. Just my luck that this is the time that the intel turns up true. So, Gramps, it's your basic corner-office panic room, right? Let's hit the roof." She pulls out a tiger claw and looks up. "Whaddaya say--climb straight up or do you think we can zip from one of the neighbors?"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

"Cripes, you are paranoid, aren't you, Lancehead? Careful, I might actually start to like you." She smirks at the old spy over her shoulder as she digs through her pack, pulling out a piece of paper and a sharpie--ninja black, of course. She writes 'Out of Order--Use At Your Own Risk' and tacks it on the inside of the elevator with a kunai. She takes Lancehead's hand and pulls herself up to the top of the elevator. Not that she couldn't herself. She was the highjump champion back in Cherry Blossom, and any ninja worth her onesie can jump through the top of an elevator...But being five-nothing, it doesn't hurt to take a hand when it's offered sometimes. On the roof, she pulls out her kyoketsu-shoge. As she twirls it about, she turns to her partner. "Just so you know, if you have a heart attack, you're hosed.

It's basically a grappling hook with a knife at the end because ninja. Let's get this spy show on the spy road!

Athletics: 4dF+2 = 1

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

Boo gives Lancehead a look somewhere between "Do you have any idea of what I do for a living" and "Ninja, please!" With a flourish a kunai appears from her sleeve. "Impromptu cosmetology is like, half of what we do." A can of shaving cream appears from the other sleeve. The brand, of course, is Edge. In the blink of an eye, Lancehead is foamed up and in another, Boo's work is done, the clippings nowhere to be seen. "There, you should pass if, you know, they don't actually look at you for more than a minute. I'm a ninja, not a miracle worker."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Boo

"Ow! Stop yelling--what are you trying to do, make me as deaf as you, Grandpa?" Jo pries open a door to get a quick pick and continues shimmying up the elevator shaft. "I'm still in the shafts, but I can get wherever, fast. Where do you need me and who do I gotta kill?"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Boo

"Got it." With a flick, the kyoketsu-shoge pops free and falls neatly into her waiting hand. "You hear that, Doc? How is the situation down there?" She lets go off the ledge, falling silent as a whisper. "Whatever. I'll be there in like five seconds."

Getting down to the ground floor to reconnoiter with Doc Austerlitz

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

It wasn't hard for her to make her way to the freight elevator, but time was of the essence, so she took the quick way down. Of course, every kid in Cherry Blossom gets pushed out of a tree by age 8 as part of their training, so falling down an elevator shaft was nothing by age 21. She hit the roof of the van with a thud, her fall cushioned by secret ninja techniques. Sorry, love to tell you how it works, but it involves magnetjutsu.

As Austerlitz puts the van into gear, Jo drives her ninjaken into the roof and sits atop the van in a crouching position. They plow through wall after wall as she prays this place is to code and she's not breathing in a lethal dose of asbestos and cutrate, rat poison-rich, Chinese drywall. Quietly, she thanks the wisdom of her ancestors for, in their infinite foresight, including a facemask as part of the uniform. However, even with all that it wasn't so bad until that psycho decided to ramp the AC units. Banging on the roof, she shouts "No! gently caress you, Doc, gently caress yoooooooooooou!" She drives a kunai into the van at the last moment and as she's holding on for dear life, at the very apex of the jump, she thinks to herself, "This is pretty loving cool."

Finally, the Deathvan comes to a stop and Jo pulls her ninjaken from its steel and shag-carpeted sheathe and rolls off the van, leaving the kunai behind. Ushering the VIP in, she leans over to Austerlitz. "Nice driving." She brings the tip of her blade up to the Doctor's throat. "Next time I'd like to be inside the van, though." She gets into the passenger seat. "Let's get the gently caress outta Dodge."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

"Be still my beating heart, I do love a man with a Mac-10 and a commanding presence under fire." She kicks the back of Austerlitz's seat. "First you nearly kill me, then you drive away from my next ex-boyfriend!" She sighs and in one smooth motion, drawing her ninjaken and whirls about, stopping with the edge of the blade the mere width of a hair from Knopf's throat. A few whiskers fall. "Tell us everything you know. Who approached you with the list of Sigma Protocol Operatives? Who compiled the list? Who wants is killing Sigma agents? Who wants them dead? What is your mother's maiden name? Social Security number? Quickly now, if we hit a bump, the next question might be 'What is your blood type?' "

Interrogating with Provoke +1 = 3

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin
FP: 2

Jo just sighs. "Oh well, playing hard to get. But Momma always said that once you begin an interrogation, establish dominance and never back down. Now that I think of it, Momma gave the same advice with men and dogs, too." With a solid kick, the van door slides open. "We're going to have some fun--Doc, get ready to give it the gas when I give you the sign, got it?" She takes Knopf by the collar and using the kunai she left in the roof from earlier, the both of them are soon surfing the Vanterlitz. "Fun, isn't it?" Jo is standing up now, arms wide, her ninja onesie billowing in the wind--and Knopf barely staying on as she holds his collar. "Not bad, eh, White Collar? But it could be better." She stomps the roof and they speed up. "Oh yeah, baby! Can you feel it? That's speed, that's danger, that's two and a half tons of German-made steel under you and we just let it loose!" Jo lets her grip slip from Knopf's collar to his tie and the man is now standing on the van at a forty-five degree angle. "Can you feel it? Now tell me about that list of names and that operative who approached you or we're going to see how fun you really are!"

Burning a Fate Point to create a Van-Surfing aspect. It's great fun--except when it's pants-shittingly terrifying. Provoke+1+2 = 4

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

"Aw, well aren't you just the sweetest?" Boo says letting her natural twang come through, her voice barely coming over the roar of the wind. She balls up Knopf's tie to draw him closer and get a better grip then tosses him back into the van. Jo follows soon after, sliding the door closed. "Glad you decided to cooperate. Now, a certain individual approached you with a list of names. What do you know? Oh, and Doc? Does this rickety, rolling probable cause you call a van have a dash cam or something? I want to show him a picture of Uzilicious."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

Jo smiles at Lancehead. It's cute, the way he tries to intimade Knopf. She slides in to show him how a professional does it. Jo gets in close to Knopf, uncomfortably so, and places a kunai in Knopf's hand, whispering in his ear. "Keep this close to you at all times. It's what I'll kill you with if you breathe one word of this to anyone."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

"I'm with the robot. Anyone with an @AOL address after 2000 can't be trusted. That, and there is no way that name isn't an anagram or something. It's too...Reince Priebus. Sutavhalp? Pash Vault? Doc, try and build some kind of anagram decoder."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin
FP: 3->2

"Triads, really?" Jo slumps into a convenient chair at the planning table "SUCH a pain. All so serious with their Totempoles and their Chia Heads and 'I will have your tongue cut out for this, disrespectful woman!' Oh, and their operatives? Talk about I Can't Believe It's Not a Ninja but you can totally tell. Their operatives always have weird names too, ones they expect you to remember, like the Silent But Deadly Blade of My Master's Retribution. Where are you now, Pain-In-My-rear end? Are you able to piss standing up again?" She gets that long, wistful look. Ah, sweet memories. "But if we have to, we have to. I know someone who's in with the Triads in Hong Kong. She's like a distant cousin or something. Not in this line of business. She's earns an honest living--smuggling." A phone slides from Jo's sleeve. "Yo, Wen Di! You still got that hook up with the Triads?"

Invoked aspect, I've Got Friend in Low Places for a Contacts roll: 4dF+0+2=5

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin
FP: 2/3

Jo glances one way and then the other and gives the clerk a tired look. "Password?" She slides a blank business card across the counter. On the other side is written, in boldfaced black font, Professional Ninja - Do Not gently caress With Me. It's cheaper and kinder on countertops than jamming kunai into random things. She had hundreds made shortly after going freelance. "Néih hóu, motherfucker. We're here for business with ZZ"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

Boo whistles. "Wow. If he is still alive and in possession of his tongue--in which case, you're either brainstorming something special or are just baffled by his stupidity. Either way, we would be interested in speaking with this madman. Seriously though, he had a piece in loving Hong Kong and was dumb enough to use it on locals?"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Boo

"He's not dead, you loving ghoul." She helps Lancehead heave Plahvatus into the van. "Pain in my rear end...Even though you were doing this guy a favor, it's a shame you had to knock him out. Back home, they tell stories about guys like this. One in a million murder magnets! They are the zen masters of pissing people off, so eventually people start calling in hits and it works its way up the chain to us and of course, we see them immediately for what they are--cocky but dead motherfuckers watching. So we just sit back, relax, and watch as the artist manages to get himself offed while we enjoy the local eats on the client's tab. And they always get offed, one way or another, because by the time we get called in, they're all loving shouldering each other to try and get through the door 'Hey get he gently caress outta my way Klaus! I know he hosed your sister, but he hosed my mother and my sister--that bastard is mine!" Better than the movies and less of a ripoff. Well, unless you're the client, but he ends up dead anyway, so who cares?"

She pokes the guy's head and it lolls to the side. "Hey, before we wake him up, I want to try something when we get back to the safehouse. I've been wanting to try it out for a while. It'll be fun, trust me."

There's a little interrogation technique I'd like to try out. Before waking him up, we restrain him thoroughly to a board/bed, making sure he can't look around. Then we take surgical tubing and wrap it around his left arm and after it starts turning funny colors, we wake him up and tell him we've already cut off one of his arms. He gets to keep the other one if he's honest.

Maybe Austerlitz can do some movie magic using a pig from the local butcher shop to give the impression that there's a lot of blood in the room, maybe a limb just out of sight.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

Boo shakes her head. "We're just going to make him think we cut off his arm. We're not actually going to cut off his arm. Well...we're not going to cut it off if he's cooperative. I mean, we've got the saw, the tourniquet, it'd be a waste of a good threat, wouldn't it?"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

Jo shakes her head. "You saw how he is and you heard that Triad. This guy? Not the kind of guy you can ease into torture. He's a complete rear end in a top hat--he thinks he's untouchable. How do you convince a guy he's not untouchable?" She slaps the chimp arm and it flops over. "You show him, and you got to shock him. Though I'd love to rip out his fingernails--ooh, I could hammer in some bamboo shunts instead, that would be easier and it's everywhere--anyway, instead of that, we give him a chance to realize how hosed he is."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

Jo looks at Johnny for a moment, her eyes the only thing visible from under her ever-present ninja cowl, eyebrow raised quizzically. She rests on her ninjaken--artfully painted in chimp blood before waking Johnny--letting it sink into the shag beside their guest's head. "Mind if I ask you a question, as your interrogator? Has this happened to you before?"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

"Good. Then I think you've got a grasp of the situation, Johnny. You answer our questions quickly, honestly, and you get to walk out of here with your right arm still attached. I hear they got lessons for how to tie your shoes with one hand. You bullshit us..." She yanks her sword free. "Hand. Forearm. Upper arm. Then we really start getting upset." She gestures with her sword, pricking Plahvatus on the various body parts he might want to keep. "Understand?"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

"Supercrime syndicate." Jo grins from ear to ear. "You sure know how to sweet talk a girl, Johnny." She pulls her sword from the shag. "Sorry about the trick. Technically, this isn't supposed to be blackbag." She lets the edge of the blade come down again, coming to rest on Johnny's forearm. "But that order didn't necessarily apply to you. Less of a headache if no one gets their arm cut off, you know? Ninjas hate paperwork. And if you do have to get all SAW...better to still have both arms, isn't it?" Somehow, she manages to stretch her grin just a bit wider.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

"Prisoner? Naaaaaaaw...I like to think of it as guestnapping. Ooh, or impressment!" She waggles a kunai at Johnny excitedly at the very thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Jo "Boo" Nin

Jo nods in affirmation, following close behind Lancehead, her hand bristling with kunai. She flashes a series a indecipherable hand signals to the others as they move in. Suddenly, something small and quick dashes by. Reflexively, she lets loose a flurry of kunai, turning the varmint to shish kebab. "Huh, just a raccoon. Oh well, who's hungry?"

KILLING THAT RACCOON~~Flashily~~. Rolled a 1 (from +2)

• Locked thread