Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Wow that was good. Is there a firm date for the rest yet, or just "Summer"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

IT could be that jerry goes out on his own and has his own growth. He's the most stagnated character, and that's not a thing that lasts long in harmon shows. In the premiere it seemed like the original jerry grew, so maybe its possible.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
"Will you at least unfreeze my daughter's idiot?"

:swoon:

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
That was a beautiful, amazing episode, and finally puts to rest all the bullshit people imagined while the show was on hiatus.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ironslave posted:

Well, I guess that answers how "evil" Mortys end up happening.

What do you mean?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Puppet beth is stacked.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
New episode should start somewhere around 4-430.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 2, 2017

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
The going to take a poo poo gag never got old.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What do you mean?

Evil Mortys are what happens when a Morty truly gets fed up with Rick's poo poo.

Also, I was a little disappointed that the Council of Ricks and the Federation are gone. But then I remembered that this show already has a running storyline: Morty's family falling apart.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 2, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Did anyone else catch that Morty ID'd himself as from C-137? So, this brings up the question everyone has discussed before. Is Morty really C-137 Rick's original Morty? Is he just taking it as a given after hearing Rick ID himself as C-137?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

Is he just taking it as a given after hearing Rick ID himself as C-137?

Yes

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

This is now available on Kodi so it'll never go away. It's so good.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I will always love Jerry for the Interdimensional Jerry Daycare B plot. That was amazing.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Powershift posted:

I kinda want to try that szechuan sauce now.

I wonder how much pressure it would take to make mcdonalds bring it back

https://twitter.com/JustinRoiland/status/848427434114404352

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

an adult beverage posted:

I will always love Jerry for the Interdimensional Jerry Daycare B plot. That was amazing.

Sleepy Gary is still the best Jerry side plot. :D

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

an adult beverage posted:

I think that's the real point of having Jerry and Beth divorce. Jerry's best episodes are the ones where he's on his own rather than trying to repair his broken marriage. Now he can do that full time since the marriage is well and truly broken.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Jerry is the best Sleepy Gary side plot.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Well they're doing that live action Mulan soon, I would say that's your best chance at seeing it come back.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Genuinely excited to unearth the myriad of ways Beth is a terrible mom. We've only ever gotten a little insight into how much she gets from Rick, hopefully we get a better look at their relationship.

Also excited for a season of Morty just telling Rick to shut the gently caress up.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Escobarbarian posted:

Well the joke is that he looks like he's disturbed by the attacks but was actually disturbed by how the US government will use it to strip people's freedoms.

I think the thing about Rick is that he is both a supergenius with technology and know-how that none of us can possibly understand, and a totally average everyman with relatable needs and desires. I mean think of all the energy he goes through to get a defunct sauce from a fast food chain in 1998. So of course he was disturbed by 9/11, because he still has some sentimental attachments to what goes on Earth, even when he's totally disaffected in other ways.

I love how much attention was paid to calling back to previous episodes and simultaneously wiping out any possibility of continuity - the Cronenbergs, the Council of Ricks, the Galactic Federation, all of them wrapped into the storyline and then obliterated. We're back to square one in terms of what the show can do, which is, whatever the hell they want to do.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Everything went too perfectly for Rick.

The cold open has Rick controlling his little Diner experience and it being too perfect to be believable. I'm betting that's foreshadow.

If that is the case, I hope they don't push it all season or all series or anything like that. Let's just get out of dreamland.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Everything went too perfectly for Rick.

The cold open has Rick controlling his little Diner experience and it being too perfect to be believable. I'm betting that's foreshadow.

If that is the case, I hope they don't push it all season or all series or anything like that. Let's just get out of dreamland.

I think everything is still the simulation from the David Cross aliens. They're still trying to get that concentrated-dark-matter recipe. :tinfoil:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

prefect posted:

I think everything is still the simulation from the David Cross aliens. They're still trying to get that concentrated-dark-matter recipe. :tinfoil:

I hope not. I want it to truly be a premiere that completely resolved the end of season 2 in one simple episode. Rick and Morty does a great job of being different than other shows and I like that it can get away with that.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

prefect posted:

They're saving that for the season 11 finale.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

AlternateNu posted:

Did anyone else catch that Morty ID'd himself as from C-137? So, this brings up the question everyone has discussed before. Is Morty really C-137 Rick's original Morty? Is he just taking it as a given after hearing Rick ID himself as C-137?

The answer is don't think about it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Things go "too perfectly" for rick all the drat time, milking drama out of Earth being taken over and Beth and Summer crying over Rick being missing for multiple episodes isn't the kind of show that this is and the status quo of Rick being revealed as both unstoppable and a real piece of poo poo and Jerry off doing something else is far more likely.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Also excited for a season of Morty just telling Rick to shut the gently caress up.

I hate Morty. He's a dipshit. He literally looks like he has a big dried wad of poo poo for hair.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
It's interesting to try and guess who contributed what. I think Rick is definitely what Dan fantasizes about being, and there's some obvious stuff like the mannequin leg. I think Roiland probably had a big part in the ending and a lot of the darker stuff I think seems to come from him. Maybe Roiland thinks Rick actually has no connection, or very little connection, to his family, whereas Dan sees more of a connection hidden by self hatred. I like Ryan Ridley but I can't really pin anything down about his contributions, (even though I'm just wildly guessing all this stuff and am probably completely wrong,) but I reckon he might be responsible for more grounded stuff and translating Dan and Roiland's insanity to something comprehensible? Maybe it's a bit unfair for me to make these wild assumptions, Mr Ridley could very well be responsible for some crazy stuff in the show, either way I appreciate all of them. Funnily enough, when you google Rick and Morty writers, it just pops up a big picture of Ryan and credits no one else, so maybe Dan and Roiland are elaborately complex puppets to hide Ryan's true motives???

Just looking it up on IMDB now and apparently it's only Dan and Roiland who wrote every episode, and Ryan only did 7. Apparently real Abed helped write two episodes.

VideoTapir posted:

They're saving that for the season 11 finale.

That would be so good.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Kingtheninja posted:

Well they're doing that live action Mulan soon, I would say that's your best chance at seeing it come back.

https://twitter.com/McDonalds/status/848573499874709506

https://twitter.com/RickandMorty/status/848584776621539328

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Nevvy Z posted:

That Marmaduke joke is the best thing I've seen. This is the worst episode but that whole scene was amazing.

That marmaduke joke was probably the hardest I've laughed at TV since whose line the first

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'll call it now: the rest of the season is going to be having a running B-plot of Beth gradually coming to realize how awful a person Rick really is, which culminates in her snapping by the finale and telling him to get out of her life, with Rick falling into a deep depression that would make his breakup with Unity look pleasant.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Regalingualius posted:

I'll call it now: the rest of the season is going to be having a running B-plot of Beth gradually coming to realize how awful a person Rick really is, which culminates in her snapping by the finale and telling him to get out of her life, with Rick falling into a deep depression that would make his breakup with Unity look pleasant.

Nah, beth's defining character trait is being crazy obsessed with her dad leaving her and willing to sacrifice her entire family for his approval and security. If Morty and Summer were all "it's either grandpa or us" it would be no question either. Jerry and the kids would be moving out and Beth would drown out the feelings in wine and the comfort of knowing her dad didn't abandon her for one more day. She's hosed, she's maybe even more pathetic than Jerry she just hides it better. Morty means well but is actually retarded or something. Summer is the only hope.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Baronjutter posted:

Morty means well but is actually retarded or something.

He's as dumb as they come.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

That marmaduke joke was probably the hardest I've laughed at TV since whose line the first

This is nuts since I just watched it. I have zero memory of a Marmaduke reference. What was the joke?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

prefect posted:

He's as dumb as they come.

For sure he and his dad are.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That entire end rant was great, but "he threatened to turn me in to the government, so I made him and the government go away" was amazing.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

poisonpill posted:

This is nuts since I just watched it. I have zero memory of a Marmaduke reference. What was the joke?

I assume Nevvy Z was watching Raising Gazorpazorp while the rest of us watched the session 3 premiere.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Bardeh posted:

https://vid.me/JBhQ

Full episode's there if anyone can't watch it on Adult Swim.

Pro tip: click "More" under the video.

AlternateNu posted:

I was under the impression that the original/"our" Morty is really C-137 i.e. he is from Dimension C-137, the one that got Cronenberged. The part in Rick's "tragic backstory" where his family dies was actually true, and he went to C-137 and replaced the real Rick C-137, just like he and Morty did in Rick Potion No. 9.

Or nothing is true because Harmon and Roiland don't give a gently caress about canon.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The best 'blink and you'll miss it' joke was Rick saying he couldn't transfer all his memories and that his 3 months of improv classes would have to go. Then, immediately after seal team ricks shows up, he says he forgot how to improv.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

rydiafan posted:

I assume Nevvy Z was watching Raising Gazorpazorp while the rest of us watched the session 3 premiere.

On the adult swim full show marathon. Yes. :)

• Locked thread