Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

JT Jag posted:

I just have one question about the last episode. When Rick froze the simulation, how did Sim-Morty remain uneffected? I'm guessing that the aliens just dedicated pretty much the entirety of the simulation's memory to Morty, which is why the rest of the sim was so lovely.

The rest of the simulation wasn't so lovely though. They never left the simulation until the very end, and it was never really frozen to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I was suspicious when Morty came through with the chips still in hand. At the end everything lines up correctly. Good cues!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Funkmaster General posted:

Is that an Invader Zim reference in the teaser for the next episode or am I stretching? (the zoom-out through the blue-green twisting pipes)

It could be, but I doubt it. That was Zim's thing, but it's not too specific that a show wouldn't think of doing it without thinking of Zim.

That being said, this show is my new Zim...I love this great return to Sci-Fi cartoons. This episode loving ruled... man, it was GORGEOUS. The alien ship over the planet shot is striking. I'm glad I watched that on my big rear end HD TV. Couple moments stood out to me....simulation or not, I really liked the moment between Rick and Morty in the crystal chip room. That was a nice sweet moment. It's nice the show can bust those out without making it a big deal. The end was great too, it went from :unsmith: to :unsmigghh: in just a few seconds. Amazing. And the poptart people..."Why would they jump into a toaster?" is the exact question I ask when I see those poptart commercials.

Also what was that sound when Rick's safe's code didn't work? I know I know that from somewhere.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 14, 2014

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

CelticPredator posted:

I really liked the moment between Rick and Morty in the crystal chip room. That was a nice sweet moment. It's nice the show can bust those out without making it a big deal.

It's like Pick said a few posts above you, Rick might be not operate by any standard definition of morality, but he genuinely cares for his family. Even when escaping from a hostile alien vessel he's not beyond taking a moment to play with his grandson :allears:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

"There's always time for horseplay!"

:unsmith:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Rick's a better grandpa than Uncle Grandpa could ever dream of being.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The episode was really all about that in the end. It's a neat little detail that the "no..." only comes when he saw it Morty flickering, foreshadowing that he knew they were still in the simulation and had them beat, but he was still devastated because the the person he cared about and trusted as his best friend subverted his trust.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Human music. I like it.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Just saw this show. Holy loving poo poo, instant favourite. It's definitely in the Zim tradition, what with the fantastic use of colour and light, incredible detail and design, and the extremely similar logo with the same glow and everything. Girlfriend half shat herself when she saw Anatomy Park, as she is an enormous Jurassic Park fan. I really like how the endings kind trail off.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Even when escaping from a hostile alien vessel he's not beyond taking a moment to play with his grandson :allears:

Rewatching it, I almost thought that was part of Rick being in on it being a simulation and was intentionally playing around with Morty to check his reactions because he'd know real Morty wouldn't have reacted that way.

Also, a part of me wishes this episode was before Lawnmower Dog because then it could almost feel like Rick took Morty's interest in Inception and an unpleasant recent abduction that had a similar experience to come up with the grade fixing scheme.

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
I'm pretty sure on a rewatch that Rick was aware of what was going on all along. The "oh no" was only acting for the sake of making sure they believed he bought into it. The very start of the episode was Rick complaining about Morty being a simulation.

also: progeria kid in the classroom

edit: Morty, not Marty. Obviously not Marty.

Disconnecticus fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 19, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Opening scene was awesome. "th-th-this is just shoddy craftsmanship"

I drat near spat my anti-pasto all over the coffee table

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Disconnecticus posted:

I'm pretty sure on a rewatch that Rick was aware of what was going on all along. The "oh no" was only acting for the sake of making sure they believed he bought into it. The very start of the episode was Rick complaining about Marty being a simulation.

also: progeria kid in the classroom

That's because he expected Morty to be a simulation, but then realized he was different then all the other inhabitants of the first layer, who were all very robotic.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Loved that episode. Echoing the sentiment that it's nice that Rick Sanchez is not completely heartless and does care about his family. Jerry... Poor Jerry.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Really enjoyed that episode. How the hell did you call Morty? I mean I know in the beginning Rick was being supsicious but Rick is Rick.

Also, kind of a shame they blew up the Zygerians (or however you spell it). I kinda wanted to see them scam more people. I WANT MORE LORE DAMNIT

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I was sad too because it might mean no more david cross :(

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Does anyone know where the music in the closing credits in the most recent episode is from? I swear I heard it on some evening police drama or something when I was a kid and it's kinda bothering me.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Baker street. I couldn't figure out where I remembered it from, turns out it was an old Simpsons episode.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Sakarja posted:

Baker street. I couldn't figure out where I remembered it from, turns out it was an old Simpsons episode.

Thanks! I was 8 when that episode came out so maybe reruns were always right before In The Heat of The Night or some other cop show my parents liked to watch and that's where that bizarre association came from.

I'm really enjoying this show so far and the fact that both Rick and Morty are voiced by Lemongrab just makes it better.

e: Actually, I think I was confusing this song with some of the saxophone bits of You Belong To The City from Miami Vice.

Soviet Commubot fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 15, 2014

Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.
"Why would a Pop-Tart want to live inside a toaster Rick? I mean, that would be the scariest place for them to live!"

I loving love this show.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Useless Shotgun posted:

"Why would a Pop-Tart want to live inside a toaster Rick? I mean, that would be the scariest place for them to live!"

I loving love this show.

You're missing the point. Why would he drive a smaller toaster with wheels?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Drifter posted:

You're missing the point. Why would he drive a smaller toaster with wheels?

I mean, does your car look like a smaller version of your house? No.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hey, dude that works on this show, are all the scenes from the opening credits pulled from episodes that we haven't seen yet? Like robot Morty and pregnant Jerry?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Hey, dude that works on this show, are all the scenes from the opening credits pulled from episodes that we haven't seen yet? Like robot Morty and pregnant Jerry?

I so wish there really is a pregnant Jerry episode.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Justin Roiland doesn't want you to know the answer to that.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Typical posted:

Justin Roiland doesn't want you to know the answer to that.

Ah, well fair enough.

Even if they aren't from real episodes, a lot of the snippets look like sweet premises, so I hope they do eventually come up.

Edit: Well I'll just get specific. In addition to robot Morty and pregnant Jerry, I also hope Jerry shotgunning bugmen and Summer helping Rick and Morty kidnap a baby Cthulu are from real episodes.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 16, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

I mean, does your car look like a smaller version of your house? No.

Easily my favorite line of the episode. Probably the tone Rick says it with is the best part.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

PostNouveau posted:

Ah, well fair enough.

Even if they aren't from real episodes, a lot of the snippets look like sweet premises, so I hope they do eventually come up.

Edit: Well I'll just get specific. In addition to robot Morty and pregnant Jerry, I also hope Jerry shotgunning bugmen and Summer helping Rick and Morty kidnap a baby Cthulu are from real episodes.
I'd wager you'd be happy about the possible Cthulhu premise.

I don't watch Farscape or Doctor Who but Ryan Elder's music is phenomenal. The Rick and Morty theme is incredibly catchy (to me at least) and I hope it gets released in a higher-quality downloadable version.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Yeah holy crap that guy is good. And he can compose for anything.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Edited For reasons....

Typical fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 27, 2014

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Edited on request.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 27, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And I will confirm I did just say "gently caress YES".

I love this show so much it hurts. I'm happy to see more. Thank you Typical for being here, giving us this stuff. Really appreciate it, man!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Typical posted:

I'm posting this from inside the Rick and Morty office in Burbank, Season 2 is a Confirmed Yes.

INSH'ALLAH

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

edited out

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
edited out

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

edited out

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

edited out

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

I'm drawing a picture of Rick and Morty in Alien....if that counts?

It does. :shobon:

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
edited out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

edited out

• Locked thread