Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Ariza posted:

It's more how weirdly obsessed the internet is with sexual assault when compared to everything else. Nobody is upset about the graphic murders in the show, but a jelly bean trying to get a boy to lick him is too much. Everyone has to fall over themselves proclaiming to strangers about how it affects them. It's worse than circumcision or well done steaks.

Yeah, about time someone stood up for all the murder victims' feelings. Everything that people argue about is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

Drifter posted:

I was murdered once, and I have some serious trigger issues as a result.

Me too, I can't even look at one on a gun any more.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

no dude, for real.

like I read that poo poo and you remind me of the teenage girl from 1981 who coined the first joke ending in not. you got skills

moths posted:

Adult Swim breeds pissy defensive weirdos. I know this now.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Funkmaster General posted:

Well, also, a neutrino bomb wouldn't kill them anyway.

Maybe it really was a test.

Going from S2 Rick's personality, I don't think he'd take Morty with him in his suicide, but I think S1E01 Rick is a bit closer to "lick my balls morty" enough to kill Morty maybe.

Grizzlegrax posted:

Don't even get me started on China, IL

I've been in love with Brad Neely since before SuperDeluxe died, that adorable snickering troglodyte.

Same, exactly.

It pains me to see there's no China Il thread.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 5, 2015

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaVke1iqidw

I hope they do another musical episode soon.

I watched the sasquatch song like 6 times. I think I was probably watching it stoned out my mind at 4am to be honest though.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Typical posted:

I am here if you need to talk...

I've been watching this thread meander along for a year now waiting for season 2. Im so glad discussion is starting to pick back up again. welcome back every one.

If I ever apply at your studio, can you ask the IT person to block everything I've ever said here? Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I don't suppose you have any info on the leak you can share? Did you plug it or is there any kerfuffle going on about it? I don't know why, if it was an employee, anyone would risk their job to leak two episodes a couple weeks early.

Irish Joe posted:

I can't wait to hear what insignificant background objects you colored in when the show officially premieres.

Hold on, let me get out my notes for "Irish Joe".

Yep, checks out.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 7, 2015

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Re-watching Community and noticed in S05E06, Abed and Abed's love interest are watching Rick and Morty at the end. Never noticed that before.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 8, 2015

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Typical posted:

you guys don't even know whats in store for you this season

Oh my god, Rick gets ear buds.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Are you being sarcastic?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Meta-Mollusk posted:

So when reading about Rick & Morty, I keep running into mentions about Harmon's other show, Community. Is it worth checking out?

Most of the show is pretty bad, but Season 4 is amazing. I'd advise you only watch Season 4 and base your entire opinion on the show on that, because it just stands head and shoulders™ above the competition.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I wouldn't mind seeing another one if they did a couple passes over their initial improvisation, but then it may lose a bit of its charm. Still, I'm glad they're willing to try new stuff and experiment with cool ideas, I definitely enjoyed it.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Has anyone heard of quantum suicide? Wouldn't be surprised if that shows up in Rick and Morty. They face an impossible enemy, but Rick gives them both a pill that'll knock them unconscious and kill them in every dimension exception the one where they have the tools to defeat the enemy, but when they each wake, the other lays next to them dead, and they have to find each other again.

Quantum suicide/immortality is pretty bullshit pseudoscience in reality, but it's fun to think about and make up scifi stories with.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Tempo 119 posted:

I was amazed to hear on the commentary that the "improvisational tone" line was a late addition. The whole episode hinges on it, surely.

Not really, all the improv bits are self contained, small sketches. If they wanted they could have written bits rather than improved it up.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Every moment a character is off screen is an opportunity for ball fondling. With multiple universes it's guaranteed to be happening. That is truly the genius of this show, they've given themselves this great framework for unlimited ball fondling action at any time.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Meanwhile: "Morty....you gotta fondle my balls"

Apparently the ball licking versions of Rick and Morty were in some backgrounds, but Roiland cut them out.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Back To 99 posted:

Hello! Moral Orel, life and times of Tim. Bye!

Edit: Andy Daly!

Speaking of which, Dino Stamatopoulos just tweeted a video to the episode that killed the show.
https://twitter.com/DinosThirdTwitt/status/622065004926205952
https://t.co/9vAFyRRfU4

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Just wanted you all to know that I'm very edgy and felt literally nothing while watching that episode of Morel Orel.

I think it has much more of an impact in the context of being immediately after a much lighter and jokier 2 seasons.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Apparently Ep3 was leaked as well? This is getting kind a ridiculous if true.

Veskit posted:

I see why Justin said it was a bad episode. That must have been the most frustratingly painful episode to make ever. I have no idea why they did it for a gimmick I doubt anyone really appreciates.

This is a very confusing post for many, many reasons.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Inside rick and morty labs:

Roiharmonland: you hosed up
Leaker: sorry I won't do it again
Roiharmonland: ok

later

Roiharmonland: wtf
Leaker: sorry man whoops heh

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

In the leaked episode, I didn't think they could pull off another rixty minutes but they did. The whole scene with the holocaust was a bit much.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Pakled posted:

It isn't. That spoiler-tagged picture is a short gag in an episode about something very different.

Leave him with the surprise jeeze, next thing you're gonna do is tell him about the scene where dumbledore kills snape

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Really, the only person we know Rick cares about is Morty. Everyone else is a alternate dimension close basically, and I think he can still hold some care for them, but apparently not as much as Morty? He was willing to sacrifice himself for Morty, which was great foreshadowing for his suicidal tendencies, but he was absolutely fine with abandoning literally everybody else on Earth, to the Cronenberg world he created, to meet an uncertain, but terrifying fate.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

You know what will prevent piracy? Giving people who pirate the show a super secret ending created especially for them!

I was high as hell and had a post written up suggesting the leaks could have a super secret different ending, but then I came to the same conclusion as you and slowly sobbed as I deleted every single character before closing the tab.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I'm pretty sure all the leaks were downloaded directly from the Adult Swim servers which were streaming the ones that are supposed to air.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I can't even watch it in England legally thanks to geoblocks and lovely antiquated licensing laws designed by a bunch of rich cunts who want to suck the joy from the young like vampires.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

But think of all the wonderful episodes of The Catherine Tate Show your tax dollars funded.

As an animator, what infuriates me most is that the only animation the BBC funds is loving Fraochy Bay that looks like it was made by a teenage flash animator in the 90's.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Typical posted:

ayyye. thats my bug drawing.

All your other stuff is great too, but I love the design on this guy. The little dangly mouth bit makes him look so friendly and unthreatening, along with the goofy round goggles, but then you got the spikey bits on his hands and legs foreshadowing a more threatening creature, then when you pull out the gun with the spikey prongs, all illusion is shattered.

I also just like the template you use for your model sheets, they looks so much cleaner and easier to read than the cartoon network ones.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 4, 2015

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

JT Jag posted:

I'm guessing sessions of Roy are semi-randomized too, you probably don't get cancer every time.

In the same way life is randomized. Roy would always have a genetic disposition for cancer, but it's possible to not trigger it maybe.

I think the whole point of Roy is that everyone gets to live out a life from the exact same starting point, and it's entirely their decisions which affect their high score.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I just leaked the Rick and Morty finale all over my trousers and Rick and Morty takes places inside a Roy's mind, a Roy where the player managed to get Roy vaccinated, immediately causing autism.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I'm currently writing my thesis on gear-genitalia, gear-gender and gear-sexuality.

a shameful boehner posted:

Animating hundreds (thousands?) of gears seems like it'd make the animators scream wubba lubba dub dub

I'm willing to bet 90% of those gears are 3D, which is so much easier it's ridiculous.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

The fourth episode leaked and it's exactly like my fanfiction

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Somebody post the preview for next week k thanx

Preview of episode four: Everybody dies besides Jerry. The rest of the episode, and indeed the rest of the show, is just Jerry, wandering around an empty Earth. It's very boring.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I keep saying to myself "alright, I'll just draw one last Rick and Morty fan art, and I'm out!"

Then they pull me right back in.

http://madizzlee.deviantart.com/jou...DV_RickandMorty

I'm gonna go crazy with this one.

American only competition again. This is bullshit, I was going to make a Mona Lisa-Michelangelo-Sistine Chapel-Picasso mother fucker and everything, but I guess every one involved in the making of Rick and Morty is just a disgusting RACISTOPHOBE.

Also lol at deviant art points being a prize.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Send it to me. I'll submit it. We can split our prize money. 50/50.

You can have all the worthless poo poo as long as I get all the deviantart points.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

kalensc posted:

Is Gravity Falls consistently airing again now, I lost track of it during the S1 -> S2 hibernation.

Again?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Don't know why you all care so much about it getting a season 3. If you paid attention to the the first season you'd already know Rick and Morty is going to be on forever 1000 years Rick and Morty.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Rick and Morty makes me a little depressed, it's so good that I feel like I could never make anything matching or better than it.

I don't mean to imply that you emit morty-waves or anything, but where it says "merging of these two", there's three arrows! You must work in some balmy crazy topsy turvy opposite bizarro land.

EDIT: fixed misspelling of "3"

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 13, 2015

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming episode where we find out all the series up until now has been an implanted memory by Rick the space-parasite. I'm not too looking forward to the episodes after that and the renaming of the show to "and Morty"

ElCondemn posted:

I'm sensing some serious morty waves coming off this post, the top arrow is a mix of the bottom two.

Haha poo poo. I am the true morty after all.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 14, 2015

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

But I woulnt mind seeing what the meeseeks do in their own universe

I don't think they do anything. They're born with the exact same personality, probably stored somewhere, and they understand the longer their task isn't accomplished, the longer they'll live in huge agony. Actually, it's beginning to sound a bit like Pigs Are People.

Though I'd like to see maybe the creators behind them. I imagine you can get a meeseeks box at a supermarket or something, you know the ones where you can buy socks and chicken without having to move your trolley. Maybe some dude was like "yeah can do, you can use my personality as a template for torture slaves" at the torture factory or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

ashpanash posted:

"Mr. Poopybutthole" is also a sort of reference to an older Roiland/Harmon cartoon, The Unmarketables (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcMFHRXp8xM), but it's really more of a reference to Justin's general insanity.

Holy poo poo guys, are we sure Mr Poopybutthole isn't a real parasite that's implanted memories of him always existing? I mean, I'm pretty sure he was on Justin's podcast too, with his brother Luigi.

• Locked thread