Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This kind of feels like a lesser version of Superjail where the animation isn't as smooth or as manic, the Warden is a self-loathing alcoholic, and Jared is even whinier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Ahahaha this show is loving magic. Starting as a Needful Things parody and ending with a DMX smackdown is glorious beyond words.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

EETS-A GOODA SHOW!

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

CelticPredator posted:

I see, that's what I kinda thought. But for some reason my young mind way back in 2004 interpreted Rikki Simmons's talk from Zim as though he colored every shot or something. (I'm sure he was loving around, as they did on those commentaries) I never really looked it up, but I assumed it was wrong later on.

Thanks though!

People on behind-the-scenes stuff for animated shows really tiptoe around the fact that the actual animation is done by a completely different company in a completely different country. It was really funny watching the behind-the-scenes bonus feature for Batman the Animated Series and having them give a big talk about the quality and critical acclaim of the show's animation without mentioning the fact that none of them actually animated poo poo and it was the outsourced animators who were lovingly airbrushing every frame of Mr. Freeze's helmet or Clayface's changing faces.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

nooneofconsequence posted:

I hope we get to see the most evil Rick.

He's the one from the pilot's opening, he blew himself and his universe up with that bomb which is why it's never brought up again by our Rick and Morty :tinfoil:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Cross-posting from the Danny DeVito thread in GBS:

:swoon:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

null posted:

Watched most of the season and this is a great show, one of the best on Adult Swim. The only annoying thing that they should drop for season 2 is Rick burping all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7UxQZoxFEg

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
In season 2 they go to a Ball Fondlers convention and Mr Meseeks crosses over from The Darkest Timeline.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQYVI5Ugz44

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

PootieTang posted:

Personally I really loved those commercials. The Two Brothers advert guy cracking up as he finishes was perfect, and the real fake doors advert was a stroke of genius. In fact pretty much every second of inter-dimensional TV was hilarious.

Cracking up at the end of Two Brothers was great, but "Bwooooo, this is the sound I make when I'm trying to run fast!" from Babylegs has made me laugh harder and more consistently than anything else on the show.

Also I love how Roiland/Harmond's cynical attitude towards the police shines in that episode, with "Guilty! Sentenced to murder." and "Good luck you two, there's a criminal to kill"

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

AxeManiac posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPFpV1J9AWE

If that helps, yes, it is Footloose, unlike family guy it wasn't just a scene for scene remake however, but the emotion is totally there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otFYYqNVbAI

:colbert:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

JayMax posted:

Maybe don't sell t-shirts using other people's intellectual property?

Like 90% of the internet T-shirt market is ripping off other peoples' IP.

The fact that it's more creative than "whoa what if Optimus Prime turned into Dr. Who's police box :awesome:" or "Get this, we draw The Dude but he has Tron colors :awesome:" puts it streets ahead of just about everybody else online.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Summer's highschool hijinx are the weakest part of her character and one of the most mundane and unexceptional parts of the show. "High school sucks, popular kids are terrible" is boring and trite enough in a regular show, having it done in Rick & Morty when you know it could be doing literally anything else just makes it worse.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe if they hadn't wasted two seasons on dogshit "lol xians" humor before deciding to actually become a good show it would have lasted longer.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Squall posted:

fakedoors.com is registered but rotting away doing nothing too. :(

Would you say that fakedoors.com won't open? :haw:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Morty yeeahhahhah gotta use a shell corporation Morty, like , it's a shell, in space in time, it's, it's gonna save you an me a shitload of money, an, ehh, yehaah, that's what we're going to do gently caress THE UNION -belllch-

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

masteraero posted:

Quick question for those that redeemed their digital UltraViolet copy. Is anybody else missing the episode Rick Potion #9 in their digital library? The episode title and summary are listed there, but there is no way to watch or download the episode.

While I hate the fact that they decided to go with UltraViolet's streaming DRM bullshit for the free digital edition pack-in, the episode summaries almost make up for it. Almost.

Those are just the iTunes summaries. I remember because of the baffling overuse of "broh".

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
For those of you who don't watch Gravity Falls, Justin Roiland voiced a time traveler who appeared in the backgrounds of episodes for months before his episode aired, and whose episode had split-second glimpses to scenes from episodes from the rest of the season. They're really into dropping weird little hints.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

shadok posted:

On the subject of horrifying, Dan Harmon got married yesterday and this happened.

She's singing "I'll stand by you".

Yet another link between Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's insanely epic that a month ago Dan and Justin were trying to argue that they couldn't afford to pay their animators healthcare and using shell corporations to skirt labor laws and now Dan is throwing an extravagant wedding and renting out an entire museum.

• Locked thread