Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Escobarbarian posted:

Great great episode. I would have liked if everything wasn't resolved so quickly I guess - especially woulda liked them to keep Earth under the control of the Federation a little longer - but gently caress it this ep was SO GOOD so it was worth it

I have sorta mixed feelings on the final scene though. In and of itself, it's an incredibly effective capper to the episode. But in the context of the series, this brand of megalomania seems to come out of absolutely nowhere and almost retcons a lot of the "Rick actually does care about his family" stuff we saw in the s2 finale and plenty of other episodes, such as the s2 premiere. But then maybe he's lying? But then why lie? It's a bit confusing to me. Excited to see where it goes.

e: 9/11 bit I heard was ".....excuse to take away our freedoms..."

I expect at least some of his rant at the end was lies or half-truths because Rick hates himself and he doesn't want Morty to grow too attached to him. Remember, he didn't know Morty was seriously going to blow Rick's brains out earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Lareine posted:

I'm pretty sure he knew. Hell, I'm pretty sure that's what he was trying for. Keep calling Morty a loving idiot until he gets so mad, he tries to kill you with a fake gun, fake killing you so the Council Rick would let go of Summer and let down his guard so you can shoot him in the head.

He wouldn't have written instructions on the gun if he didn't want Morty to read them.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

an adult beverage posted:

I will always love Jerry for the Interdimensional Jerry Daycare B plot. That was amazing.

I think that's the real point of having Jerry and Beth divorce. Jerry's best episodes are the ones where he's on his own rather than trying to repair his broken marriage. Now he can do that full time since the marriage is well and truly broken.

• Locked thread