Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rick and Morty is an animated series, co-created by Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon, that started airing last Monday at 10:30 on Adult Swim. The show is a play off of the classic Marty McFly/Doc Brown dynamic. The precursor to this series is Justin Roiland’s old Channel 101 short Doc and Mharti, which is :nws: as hell. Seriously, it’s loving gross. Somehow, that turned into this show, featuring Rick and Morty going on crazy adventures due to Rick's inventions. If you want to watch the pilot, Adult Swim posted it on their youtube channel here.

Rick is a genius inventor and scientist. He’s also a dangerous alcoholic sociopath who drags his grandson around on incredibly dangerous adventures with little to no regard for his safety. An all-around terrible person.

Morty is Rick's incredibly innocent and really, really stupid teenage grandson who finds himself brought along with Rick’s schemes due to his being a total doormat.

Both of the titular characters are voiced by Justin Roiland, who you may know as Lemongrab from Adventure Time. Rounding out the cast are Morty's father (Chris Parnell), mother (Sarah Chalke), and sister (Spencer Grammer).

Here’s a general guideline for this thread: If we can, let's try not to talk about Community or freak out about Dan Harmon. If you want to ruin a thread by talking about Community, make it the Community thread.

Arist fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I really liked that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently Dana Carvey is also in this episode, though I haven't figured out who he's playing yet.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hepatitis C is a cool guy,

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Actually, I think it comes back on the 13th, not the 6th.

E: I'm wrong, according to Wikipedia

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently there actually isn't a new episode tonight. drat.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I am loving all the random glitches everywhere. Rick exploiting the simulation is amazing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

EccoRaven posted:

It's really obvious Morty is part of the simulation, right?

Nice call.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wow, they upload those immediately.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

edited out

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think there's 11 this season.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

zoux posted:

What time does the new ep go up on Youtube?

They've been posted minutes after airing EST. They're really great about just putting them up immediately.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uh, so that happened. Wow.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The realization that it's Harmon singing that makes it a million times better.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Eleven, so we only have five left.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think 24 would be basically unprecedented for an AS show, right? I mean, this seems to be their biggest hit in a while, but I'd guess lower than that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MONKET posted:

So I found this the other day while cruising through R&M clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsG-riwU7P4

I'm just dying at the spinning Meeseeks.

Why would anyone make this

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There are four more episodes left this season.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

LeJackal posted:

Then I'll be the only one of us two to actually read your posts.

Here you go, anyway. I don't see how the rest of the sentence alters the meaning of the first part, besides implying a personal insult.

Oh my god, dude. Shut the gently caress up. You've been at this for two days.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Occupation posted:

Also how does it feel to be the op of two of the worst threads in TVIV doggs

I dunno how you are able to post in the mornings mra

Hey man, this thread is Gold. :colbert:

(I have no idea how the gently caress that happened)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What the gently caress?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's amazing. They let you watch it all if you're committed enough but it's such a pain most people won't even bother.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The entire episode just seems to be an excuse for Roiland to do incredibly stupid, rambling improv about completely random subjects.

It's fantastic is what I'm saying.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like how for some of the clips Roiland/Harmon clearly start laughing and they just leave it in.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

poo poo, forgot to tell OSG there isn't a new episode tonight and the thread got stuck. Hope nobody got their hopes up!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Okay, I officially have no idea what's happening with this. The promo for this ep definitely says two weeks, but all other sources say tonight.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It says Close Rick-counters for me!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What's going on? Is there some time zone fuckery happening?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There are two left, actually.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tomorrow's Sunday, so no.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Len posted:

Why doesn't the thread say rickamoraole instead of rigamarole?

...gently caress.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's too late. The hype has begun. Within two seasons we'll become jaded and impossible to please. I know this poo poo well.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dan Harmon voices Bird Person. Erin McGathy is Harmon's fiance.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Then what the gently caress did you need explained

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Can I just say, as the OP of the Community thread, how goddamn weird it is we're thanking Dan motherfucking Harmon for being there to rein someone in?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Goredema posted:

The downside is that everyone in the Community thread will start posting here and explaining how the later episodes/seasons of Rick and Morty are so incredibly worse than the early stuff.

You're a fool if you thought this wouldn't happen anyway. I'm betting people start turning on this show before the second season premiere is finished.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He didn't have one because he was too much of a doofus to have kids.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Would you say that fakedoors.com won't open? :haw:

Holy poo poo :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist