Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Hey Typical, some of the images in your first post are dead. What were they and where can I find them?

Typical posted:

Me and my Goon girlfriend animated and designed on it. we also lost a lot of sleep over it. But I wont go into that.
Neat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

600 extra lines.
What?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I HATE Dan Harmon!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

VideoTapir posted:

He was the One True Morty all along.
The mortiest morty

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/22/rick-and-morty-comic-book-preview-revealed/

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

AxeManiac posted:

Trying to decide when Rick pauses or stutters is kind of slowing down my flow of hearing it in my head.

Hope it doesn't turn out like the Simpsons comic, b plots not fit for the show with recycled gags.
That sounds like a you problem. After 3 panels I was feeling the right cadence and it sounded just right in my head

Can't believe the first post is already "hope it doesn't suck"

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_2_(comic_book)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Hazo posted:

Morty's reaction to "Don't even trip dawg" being the same as the reader's (or at least mine) is exactly the kind of hyper-self-awareness that makes the show so great.
Yea, they are already dissecting themselves. It's on target

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

AxeManiac posted:

Probably why I said I and me so much, but yeah, I'd rather have more cartoons and less non cartoons. The existence of a comic book won't really take anything from the show I guess, so whatever feels good man. Not like I won't check it out, the Futurama comic was sometimes not terrible. But historically, comic books of cartoons just feel like "unwanted episodes" to me.

I feel ya, but I think harmon and crew got it together to do it right. And I think there is a lot more stories for rick and morty than they can produce actual episodes for. So, to me its a net gain on more rick and morty.

Don't even sweat it dawg!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oh, there's more pages here http://shelf-life.ew.com/2015/01/21/rick-and-morty-comic-preview/

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

If Rick met the Simpsons, it would only be to use his laser gun to put them all out of their misery.
I hope that rick or morty just lays into the simpsons and says all the poo poo every other simpsons watcher has been saying since post season 9-13.

Gorilla Salad posted:

If Rick met the Simpsons, it would only be to use his laser gun to put them all out of their misery.
Ooooo, timeley.

Have you guys been watching the new community?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Slightly Absurd posted:

Huh. Surprised this isn't here yet.

The couch gag for the Simpsons this week has Rick and Morty!

https://twitter.com/adultswim/status/598946662816452608
Oh. Thank you for that.

That's one hell of a couch gag. 3 minutes. The best 3 minutes the simpsons has seen in like 10 years.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

johntfs posted:

I don't see how it relates to Rick and Morty. All I'm seeing is Sand-GOATSE.

Panfilo posted:

"She had a puffy vagina"
"SO? Whats so bad about that?!"

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Fateo McMurray posted:

Because Community got to a point where I didn't care about any of the characters and they all actively annoyed me so I stopped watching.
was it in season 4?

When harmon left the characters turned into 1d or 2d caricatures. Britta just turned into dumb blonde instead of activist and social concientious leftist and abed was bing bong therem level spergy instead of meta spergy.

If you watch harmontown you can get an impression of both harmon and roiland. And that impression is when things go really well they get bored and start burning it down. Hopefully they channel that into the writing instead of their professional handling of the show

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

No, when they talk about "britta"-ing things up.

for real? thats where you tapped out? I liked that and all the other stuff. Because, britta is like that. she's well meaning but has so many personal hang ups about justice and right that she lies to herself and stumbles around dealing with her own morality. Even that is more characterization than when she first started. You got to know britta over time.

i liked every season harmon was on, and especially the last season where the characters are all just mouth pieces for harmon and his rants.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

so you mean on the season that harmon had no influence on, it lost the thread on the characters, hmm, it's almost like...those two things are correlated...

thank you

im bummed out that more goons dont have the same opinions on grey areas as me

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

the new harmontown immediately starts out on one of those kind of rants

"let ME be racist for a moment" - dan harmon, professional man baby

http://www.harmontown.com/2015/06/episode-154-you-do-not-spam-fireballs/

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

this show is like the best years of the simpsons and futurama

i am so happy that this exists, and that roiland and harmon found each other instead of whatever else could have gone wrong

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

mr sprinkles kid is in the passneger seat in the new bondfondlers

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Typical posted:

Nice one bro, you sure burned me good. Coloring was last season though. Now I'm the lead prop designer and I draw space ships and guns. for example I did over 250 designs for a single episode in season 2. So yeah, my art is in almost every scene. Also I do most of the 3D modeling for the space ships, and occasionally animation. But what ever I still like your sarcastic posting style so i'm not offended. This is why I post in SA and not reddit.

I'll let him know. The IT guy is really funny, he looks like a guy from Duck Dynasty and hes sarcastic as hell. He gives me a lot of poo poo for being a PC person. But we hang out and talk about Dota2 sometimes. He makes a Cameo appearance in season 2 also I can't really talk about the leak right now.

oh I cant wait to tell you about that too...

poo poo i wanna do this for a living.

if someone wanted to start doing tha for a living what should they learn and practicing

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Watch all seasons of community including the one without harmon. It will give you perspective and appreciation for the crazy that is harmon.

The last season was balls out harmon schizo breakdown. Abed's autism made him schizophrenic and jeff finally was dealing with how much of a loser he actually was as these children around him left to go on with their lives.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

God drat. Shut the gently caress up about Community.

You people are the reason others don't like Community. We don't want to be like you so we grow to hate the show. But it's not the show we hate, it's you. You the fans of Community. We hate you.

lol

gently caress. Where am I?

Oh, tviv.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Really wish I would have caught a livestream party

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

:siren:

:filez:

:vince:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Megaspel posted:

Inside rick and morty labs:

Roiharmonland: you hosed up
Leaker: sorry I won't do it again
Roiharmonland: ok

later

Roiharmonland: wtf
Leaker: sorry man whoops heh
Is this really what its like at the office?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

and everything about all these episodes are perfect

even the mic drop

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Veskit posted:

God drat do leaks poo poo up a thread. Did they even figure out how it happened? Anyway call me when this is over.
the existence of this thread means that it is already shitted up

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

Rick hooked up with an ex, someone who obviously mattered to him a while back. They both reveled in the memory of their youth, but she realized Rick was toxic and told him as much. That's something that can really mess you up. I really, really empathize with Rick here.
Alright, easssy.

Its a cartoon, don't forget.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Brightman posted:

Yes, but I'm having a hard time deciding if it's funnier that the Jerrys got switched, or if they didn't but they think they did.

wats funnier is that no one cared - even jerry, while concerned, didn't find it a compelling enough potential mistake to stop the process

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Typical posted:

ayyye. thats my bug drawing.

Also. A star is born,

This is how a Rick invention is made

holy poo poo, piss

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lotta quotes from the show in this thread

kind of dilutes the funniness of the lines being quoted

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

this thread was cool when it was people willing to pirate the leaked episodes just hanging out, chilling, talking about the eps.

normies get out

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Good Will Hrunting posted:

That episode was pretty good, not hilarious but just well done. Ending was rather depressing though!
:getout:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Don't get me wrong I loved it, the humor was just more nuanced and clever than some of the usual jokes. Also I watched after watching the True Detective finale so take my reflections with a grain of salt.

ya did it in the wrong order

probably should have just not watched td

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

During that scene, when he siad "cancel it, now bring it back!" i knew it had to be community - theres nothing else it could have been.

was really satisfied that they showed it to confirm

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I actually though the TD finale was pretty good. It will be nice to not have to worry about finishing it by the time Rick and Morty airs on Sundays though.

Ok, i see the problem

you have bad taste and or opinions and need to recalibrate

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Most people that weren't completely incapable of following the story on any level thought S2 of TD wrapped up passably. But I'll stop this derail now because I'd rather not argue with a stranger on the internet about "taste" and "opinions".

passably != pretty good

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Megaspel posted:

American only competition again. This is bullshit, I was going to make a Mona Lisa-Michelangelo-Sistine Chapel-Picasso mother fucker and everything, but I guess every one involved in the making of Rick and Morty is just a disgusting RACISTOPHOBE.

Also lol at deviant art points being a prize.

that sounds good

do it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

he was playing loving russian roulette with himself

• Locked thread