Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

As someone who has actually traveled to an alternate reality four times (ugh, dont ask) just trust me on this one.

So, how's The New 52 treating you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Gazorpazorpfield does not bother with mailing all of Nermal to Abu Dahbi. All he mails is the head.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Veskit posted:

Why are all pilots so loving bad? Uhgg.

Because the entire project from the pitch meeting all the way to final production of a pilot is a soul crushing wade through the quagmire that is network politics.

Every pilot takes anywhere from six months to four years to go from the pitch stage to the final production stage (Rick and Morty pilot production was about 2 years). Throughout the entire process there is the constant fear that the project will get axed. A change in network head? Project is axed. Network head is a fickle rear end in a top hat and changes his mind? Project is axed. A butterfly lands on a flower all the way in Thailand? Project is motherfucking axed.

On top of that, there are constant rewrites to the initial script at the behest of the network and a myriad of of other things a network will request to be changed before giving the go ahead for production to start.

It's a testament to Harmen and Roiland's talents that the pilot was still amazing despite all the bullshit they had to go through in order to make it.

masteraero fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 13, 2014

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Do you live near an Amazon warehouse or distribution center? Amazon warehouses have been known to stock items that local customers are likely to order online in order to cut down on shipping times and costs. Odds are good your copy has been sitting in the local distribution center for weeks now.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Quick question for those that redeemed their digital UltraViolet copy. Is anybody else missing the episode Rick Potion #9 in their digital library? The episode title and summary are listed there, but there is no way to watch or download the episode.

While I hate the fact that they decided to go with UltraViolet's streaming DRM bullshit for the free digital edition pack-in, the episode summaries almost make up for it. Almost.

quote:

Lawnmower Dog
Rick helps Jerry out with the dog, broh. Don't even trip about this episode, because they also incept Goldenfold. (Guest starring Rob Paulsen and Jess Harnell)

Rick Potion #9
Rick helps Morty win over the girl of his dreams in this one, broh. Fist bump me, broh.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

In some cases it's actually funnier uncensored. The uncensored Mr. Jellybean bathroom scene is rough to watch though. Something about Mr. Jellybean calling Morty a loving twat while he tries to rape him makes that entire scene way too intense.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Has anybody read the Rick & Morty comic yet? I saw issue one pop up on Comixology today but I'm wondering if it's any good.

I picked up the book from Comixology as soon as I saw it was on sale. I'll second Blackchamber's sentiments, the book is a tonal fit with the show and is definitely a good read but it's too short to really tell if it will live up to the series. Personally, the news segments at the end of the first story felt like a wonderful half-assed joke Roiland would come up with and definitely sold me on the fact that the authors know exactly what they are doing. If they keep this up, it will be a great companion piece to the show.

masteraero fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 2, 2015

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Relax, it is only the couch gag that was announced at NYCC.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

r0ck0 posted:

Anyone read the comics? Are they as good as the show? Issues 1-5 are out.

They're a good read but so far the only one that I would say is "as good as the show" and feels like something Justin Roiland wrote is the first issue.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Now is a good time to mention any astronauts you had in orbit are dead.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Wow, Principal Vaginal is starting a cult.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Oh god, that preview for next week's episode looks fantastic. Of course Rick would create an entire micro-universe for something as mundane as a car battery.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

I pity the person who had to transcribe/caption A Rickle In Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

You should watch the couch gag Rick and Morty did for the Simpsons

"Huh. Wow. Hey, Morty, little tip. (burps) Don’t clean DNA vials with your spit."

• Locked thread