Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I liked the pilot, and I enjoy Roilands voice acting. Giving this a decent shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'd just like to pop into this thread and shout through cupped hands "I told you so!". I was onboard since the youtube shorts, really, but this 2nd episode really knocked it out of the park. I cant wait to see more of this show.

I really did like the strong A and B plots, either of them could have been the A plot, really. I feel like that might be a Harmon strong-suit, as a lot of Community episodes had strong B plots.

I actually liked the more off-kilter Rick of the pilot, but I think the show seems to be taking him in a good direction so far.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dear Adult Swim, you can dock my paycheck to keep this show on air with the current cast indefinitely.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Typical posted:

They really engineer the world in this episode.

:swoon:

Well, I mean they really engineer half of it anyway

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

edited out

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Same with house of cosbys

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

School Bully posted:

What's the reference from the intro where Morty's(?) face slides off on a flat plane to reveal a flat, green, circuit-boardy type robot face? Its either something really obvious or some crazy 70s sci fi thing. Westworld doesn't seem quite right... the Buck Rogers tv show?

Edit: Stepford Wives, old or new? Google is only showing me robot Nicole Kidman.

I always thought it was a reference to this? (about 25 seconds in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukSvjqwJixw

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is there a new ep tonight?

A HUNDRED MONDAYS RICK AND MORTY, RICK AND MORTY AND MONDAY FOREVER DOT COM

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What does Rick say about the mop and bucket at the end? I think I misheard it because I dont get the joke at all.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sudo Echo posted:

So where did the pre-industrial dude get a Zippo in the post credits scene?

UGH THIS SHOW WAS SO REALISTIC UP UNTIL NOW

THANKS DAN HARMON. THANHARMON

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Rick and Morty: IN DEPTH RAPE ANALYSIS

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

JT Jag posted:

That was Justin Roiland. As you may know, he voices literally every character in this show. Even the girls. Except Jerry, who is voiced by Chris Parnell.

Isn't the wife voice by Sarah chalke?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Typical posted:

I have clearly stepped over my privileges as an employee, and Now I need to retract my statement of their being a season 2. Nothing is confirmed and please don't listen to me.

:raise:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I went into this episode thinking "well at least it cant be darker than last weeks episode"

:stare:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I want to see the episode where morty is replaced with a robot version of himself

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I've been onboard with the VA from the word go

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The weird :3 mouth thing is the only part I find weird

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

http://vimeo.com/67769134

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tuxedo Jack posted:

"Mr. Meeseeks, please count to 10 by 3's."

Wait, would happen if you gave a Meeseek's an impossible task?

Start at -2?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Given the last few episodes, I was really expecting Morty and Morty Jr to have a great bonding session after Morty Jr smashed Jerrys car (they did), and then for Rick to blow him away and Morty to be left holding his dead two day old son.

Those are the hosed up expectations this show has given me.

THANKS DAN AND JUSTIN!!!!

Seriously, glad this episode strayed from that route. Being seriously hosed up for the sake of being seriously hosed up can wear thin after a while

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

All threads based around Harmon shows inevitably become like this.

WHYYYYYYYYYY :negative:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

Anatomy Park rules.

But I think people aren't giving Lawnmower Dog as much credit as they should. I get why, because Meeskees came right after that, and that episode takes it to a whole new level, but Lawnmower Dog showed me this show has the ability to have a nice, some what emotional conclusion without being cynical or nasty. Super refreshing. I like the cynical nasty stuff too, don't get me wrong. But I just love that ending, because they didn't take the lowest road they could. And that made scenes like the one at the end of Rick Potion all that much better.

Lawnmower dog was the first episode that really blew me away. I love it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

null posted:

Watched most of the season and this is a great show, one of the best on Adult Swim. The only annoying thing that they should drop for season 2 is Rick burping all the time.

:catstare:

You get out. Get out and NEVER COME BACK

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Vhak lord of hate posted:

I think you're the first person I've ever heard say "Oh Becky from Roseanne" and not "Oh Elliot from Scrubs"

Not even that, but replacement Becky from Roseanne

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:stare: this is amazing.

E: lol, turn on the captions. MortyMortyMortySCIENCE

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The single funniest moment in the show for me was that slug that they ride down the stairs in the giant world. When he coughs and says "buckle up!!" It slays me. I find that incredibly funny for some reason.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

pass the butter posted:

I don't even care. Not programmed TO GIVE A FUU......*belch*....UUUCK.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Goredema posted:

The downside is that everyone in the Community thread will start posting here and explaining how the later episodes/seasons of Rick and Morty are so incredibly worse than the early stuff.

Well that means S2 of R&M will be the greatest season of TV ever and S3 will disappear up its own rear end.

Maybe Roiland and Harmon each rein each other in in complementary ways and that wont happen.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

RICK&SMORTY ONE SUNDRED SHEARS, RICK&SMORTY.SCOM RICK AND SMORTY

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I love the bit at the end where morty starts saying "This is just a big cromo prommercial" in his flustered state

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I am a firm believer that animation, just like video, looks better as the resolution goes up. You can definitely tell the difference between SD/DVD animation and 1080P/BD animation. Its worth it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

E: nevermind

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I know this got posted before on soundcloud, but then it got taken down.

Lets all relive this gem: http://afiveseven.tumblr.com/post/83171368535/i-love-morty-and-i-hope-morty-loves-me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is the venn diagram of r&m and gravity falls pretty overlappy or what? I've never seen the latter

• Locked thread