Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Holy poo poo, I lost it at Rick mugging to the camera at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

The best part about Rick & Morty is how purposefully misleading and disingenuous it's promos are. Wow.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

Rick being delighted by the fakedoors ad continuing might be my favorite part of the bit.

And then how quickly that joy turns to boredom.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

Was that a reference i was missing? Or just making fun of cathartic rear end beatings?

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

Morty telling his father over and over that he was about to jerk off when he barged in after their heartfelt moment was pretty good.

Also I love the betrayal of expectations with characters, Summer is great likable person, who most shows would write off as "annoying bimbo teen!"

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

Ten bux he's totally loving with Jerry too.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

Now cancel it! Now put it back on!

The show turning out to be Alien Community makes the joke way funnier.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

I cant believe the quick aside of Jerry getting fired after the Apples Ad Pitch way back in season one (as an after credits stinger no less) stuck and they didn't mention it until now.

Also I like the Dan Harmon voice cat-dude re-pitching the Purge idea and just gets cut off immediately because we all know the joke.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

So, did I miss an episode or, I remember there was a clip about Rick, Morty & Summer looking for a bathroom between dimensions which ended with Morty saying "That's why I let Granpa Rick put a cathoder in me!"

Was that like, a cut scene or something made just to put in commercials? I feel like I've been diligent on my season 2 watchings.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

Was it here that someone posted their fan fiction spec script?

Nope, but here's a spec animatic I found, hope you like half assed Rick & Morty impressions!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVqwOnl3N8s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

Jellymouth posted:

RIP Hammer Morty

If you watch I think he's pretty much unphased.

Also during the ending rant Rick mentions "97 MORE YEARS MORTY!" So, that's a cool little touch.

• Locked thread