Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

AxeManiac posted:

They are doing the full chick tract for Morty as a printed bonus in the dvd/blu-ray.

I think you mean Rick Tract. :colbert:

But either way this sounds fantastic. I only caught it belatedly on adultswim.com, but I will gladly put the Blu-ray/DVD on my to-buy list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Schnedwob posted:

I wonder what happened to Mask-dimension Rick in that case. Does the council just pull Ricks and Mortys from other dimensions on the occasion one finds himself without the other, or...?

I'd like to see a Morty that came into being without a Rick to be his grandfather, to be honest.

Although I guess Rick could have died before Morty was born or something.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

boom boom boom posted:

I feel like the Ice-T stuff would've worked a lot better if they'd actually got Ice-T to do the voice.

They probably could've got him

It almost certainly was written as a result of Dan Harmon fooling around in the writer's room with his Ice-T impression and one of the writers taking that and running with it. In that light the lack of "It's not personal, it's bizzness" is a crime.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Just Offscreen posted:

People would ship a tube of toothpaste with a toothbrush if it occurred to them.

Hold on, I've got a fanfic to write...

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

John Wilkes Booth posted:

And later there's a wet floor sign in front of it, but the Spanish "PISO MOJADO" version.

I noticed that (along with the audience reaction in the background) and I think it will be the little things like that that help support this episode in the end.

But I still don't want another Interdimensional Cable episode.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Holiday Lobster posted:

Personal space, with the people behind rick/morty/summer/beth just shaking their heads in disgust at the show.

Except for that one alien who was just SO PUMPED! about it.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Slightly Absurd posted:

I hope Typical comes and saves the thread with some fun concept art...

I can kinda see why some people had issue with this episode. One: the recent Mister Poopy Butthole episode was kinda similar in concept, though instead of improv tv, we got [probably] improv sitcom tv fake memories. And secondly, when Morty yells at Summer about her being offended, it's really Morty yelling at the audience members that aren't really getting it, which just makes the problem worse for those that weren't really feeling the episode.

I was a little lukewarm on this episode at first, but it really does seem to get better on a repeat viewing [I bet the animators/artists had a blast with the How It's Made segment]

Speaking of this, I was sorta disappointed that we didn't get an opportunity to see the sort of Interdimensional TV show Summer would like. I kept hoping they'd turn to something that Morty found uninteresting but Summer really enjoyed, but it never did. :shrug:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The Simpsons episode you're thinking of is "Kidney Trouble" and it originally aired in 1998. That's over 17 years ago.

Oh God that was so long ago, I was so young when it first aired. What does it even mean to be young? I'm not young, I'm old. I'm gonna die someday.

And that was Season 10, so all of the good classic Simpsons episodes you remember were already done by then :unsmigghh:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Turfahurf posted:

I just watched the Harmontown documentary earlier tonight and Harmon seems like an alright guy dealing with depression and anger issues through alcohol, which while not ideal is something I can empathize with. He gets real loving angry sometimes though.

He should try weed. I'm also not surprised about the divorce after watching it.

If you've listened to his show, you'll know he has a "prescription."

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

johntfs posted:

You'd likely be better off with something like an mp3 player or other old, inexpensive digital media that has a continuous play/repeat/loop function.

Don't diss tape loops. Tape loops are cool.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

SwissCM posted:

I was a Community fan so I came in from over there. I was obliquely aware of Channel 101 and Justin Roiland's work, though.

Same, although, weirdly enough, I had seen House of Cosbys long before I'd heard of Dan Harmon or Community (let alone Roiland) and it played no role in my checking out Community. It was a weird thing to discover that Roiland was the one who did it (yet somehow unsurprising).

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

AlternateNu posted:

Then it blew up in her rear end rear end assin' rear end face.

I, too, wonder why Rick didn't just make a gun which turns peoples' faces into butts and use it to kick rear end with.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

quote:

Harmon stated, "I would like to see a marriage between Minecraft as the lo-fi thing in exchange for this amazing -- the creation of the world as you walk into it. Blending that technology, you have a portal gun and you can shoot it -- you can go to really specific dimensions but you can also just go to random ones that are put together."

Of course Harmon's first thought is Minecraft. It's pretty much the only game he's ever admitted to playing (and having an addiction to) on Harmontown.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

The_Doctor posted:

Head down, rear end up? Or whatever it is

"Head Bent Over"

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
June 7, by the way, is when you can buy your own Plumbus manual.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Adult Swim aired Auto Erotic Asphixiation and Total Rickall last night, and are moving ahead 4 episodes a week, so my guess would be no sooner than Jan. 29. Almost certainly later unless they're pulling some "no announcement" gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

El Jeffe posted:

The part in Rick's "tragic backstory" where his family dies was actually true

Doubtful. Rick himself said that it was made up and could be made up on account of it being a fabrication inside the Shoney's.

But you know what was outside the Shoney's?

His wife leaving him and taking Beth with her.

• Locked thread