Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing I really liked about last night's episode was Rick and Morty realizing that maybe they shouldn't actually listen to Scary Terry when he's telling them they "can run but can't hide."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think my absolute favorite part of the episode has to be the idea that the whole dream thing happened because Morty got Rick to watch Inception. Rick hated it so much that he invents a dream entering machine just to show Morty how stupid the whole thing is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Haha, "She has a floppy vagina"

"I don't see how that's a problem"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JediTalentAgent posted:

Morty showed a lot more initiative and attitude this episode than other two. It felt a bit strange given his previous appearances.

Eh, in the first episode Morty talks Rick down from blowing up the world by being assertive.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

edited out

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Jesus Christ that loving ending.

Even in this potentially new universe they're in there's bound to be a whole bunch of people who died during the Cronenberg Apocalypse.

I love this show.

Nah, things obviously went a little different from the episode we saw since Jerry and Beth were still fighting. So Jerry probably didn't leave the house during the whole monster thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rick feels the way he does about Morty because he views Morty as young enough that he can actually change his attitude toward conforming.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked how their principal was on the PA early in the episode announcing the Flu Season dance reminding people not to go to the dance if they actually have the flu.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JT Jag posted:

ATHF is a a legacy show that has been around since before Adult Swim even existed. It's also probably really cheap to produce. Squidbillies is also pretty inexpensive, I'd expect. Both are actually made in-house by Williams Street, which keeps costs down.

Of the shows you listed Venture Bros is probably the most expensive on an episode to episode basis. Metalocalypse is another show that was probably somewhat expensive. They're produced by other studios, that probably costs more than their in-house offerings.

I don't know how expensive Venture Bros can be, seeing as its basically just Doc and Jackson doing almost everything themselves.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hahahahaha, goddamn it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And now its Zardoz.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And now its Flashdance

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love how all these TV bits are just Justin Roiland saying his ideas for TV shows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Justin was just recording himself making up poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh my god that post credit sequence.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Name dropping Friday the 13th the series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Please, call me "The Devil"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Buzkashi posted:

We've seen Jerry shooting the mantis-monsters and Rick being tackled by his family's evil doppelgangers, pretty sure that's it so far.

There was also the big yellow monster which was in the episode about going into the homeless guy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not a new episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A weird little thing about the furniture planet is how they drank out of buses and rode in bottles.

• Locked thread