Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Morty showed a lot more initiative and attitude this episode than other two. It felt a bit strange given his previous appearances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I sort of like how 'Morty' is almost a punctuation mark in that speech. I think I counted Rick saying it over 20 times.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

Even when escaping from a hostile alien vessel he's not beyond taking a moment to play with his grandson :allears:

Rewatching it, I almost thought that was part of Rick being in on it being a simulation and was intentionally playing around with Morty to check his reactions because he'd know real Morty wouldn't have reacted that way.

Also, a part of me wishes this episode was before Lawnmower Dog because then it could almost feel like Rick took Morty's interest in Inception and an unpleasant recent abduction that had a similar experience to come up with the grade fixing scheme.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I liked the look Rick gave Jellybean at the bar, a totally, "I know you tried to do something to my grandson and when we get done I am coming back and killing you..."

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Maybe it's just me, but this is the second really polarizing episode and also the second one where Rick does a goofy catchphrase and breaks the fourth wall, isn't it? I don't know if that warrants guessing that there's a writers' room discussion over the plots and someone saying, "Just have Rick say something goofy and address the audience as an acknowledgement that controversial elements of this episode were not to be taken seriously."

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
(One of) my favorite parts of the episode I only picked up on the second viewing: Rick's really content smile watching Ants-In-My-Eyes Johnson on fire.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

Meeseeks related question.

Why can't a find a Meeseeks T-shirt? It's killing me right now.

No, Meeseeks socks.

Meesocks.

"Hey! I'm Mr. Meesocks, look at feet!"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
If not for the fact you've already got it more or less finalized, I almost think Rick would be better more off in the background staring off at an angle like he doesn't even care.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

tarlibone posted:

I don't know about that. My position has always been that the song "Hurt" is notable mostly because it's the only time in history that the cover version of a song was released several years before the guy who it belongs to did it. Call it the exception that proves the rule, because I do.

I think there might be a few other versions of that effect, too. I think to many people the Nirvana version of "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" is thought of as THEIR song as opposed to a version of Leadbelly's "Black Girl". Hendrix' versions of "Hey Joe" is considered the original despite being a cover, too, of a song that was released a number of years sooner.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I saw this in a store today: A cheap and lazy knock-off of the universally beloved Plumbus.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/all-open-8-in-1-multi-purpose-can-opener-kitchen-tool/1044533236

Just buy the real deal and don't support the fakes.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

Literally the only time it is ever okay to be in a Bed Bath and Beyond is when you know someone who is getting married and they registered there.

Sadly, that's where Tammy and Birdperson were registered, so I have no control over that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

MC Eating Disorder posted:

With the feds taking over earth I imagine the start of season 3 might resemble the fish out of water stories that kind of drove early episodes of futurama

I wonder if once Rick's free him whipping up a new portal gun and just moving the whole family to another Earth/another reality just to get them back to 'normal' just won't happen, either.

Now the entire family has to deal with sort of the same thing Morty's been dealing with for the last several episodes: This isn't his world, this isn't his family, etc.

• Locked thread