Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Yeah this show is actually hilarious and I'll be recommending it to people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Tokubetsu posted:

Yeah, glad they took that head on. God Morty is gonna be totally hosed in the head if he ever makes it to adulthood. He's learning almost every important life lesson the hard way and in single nights.

He's going to be Rick if he ever makes it to adulthood. That existential horror experienced as a child leads perfectly to a self-medicating alcoholic nihilist later in life.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Mister Kingdom posted:

Am I the only one who hears a touch of Danny Devito in Rick's voice?

There are definitely parts where you can notice some similarities, especially if you're looking for it.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Wouldn't it make more sense without the Delorian? Also how is that a shirt a legally safe parody?

I thought the joke, or at least part of it, is that Rick and Morty are obvious but legally safe parodies of (or inspired by) Doc and Marty.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
well, rehab

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Anticheese posted:

Rick would beat The Doctor in a fight. :colbert:

Is the fight over who isn't on a piece of poo poo show liked by the worst people in the world? Because Rick would easily win, yeah.

Fuuuuuuuuck Dr. Who

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Lotta infantilization in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I'm pretty chill

edit: gorp. that's kind of a thing I'm doing tonight. it's got its ups and downs

• Locked thread