Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Ariza posted:

I may be in the minority here, but I'm really not into the parents "will she/won't she" Mom leaving the Dad for being boring schtick.

It has its moments, mostly when Rick gets involved.

edit: some more

I put this together if someone wants it:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
No, Jerry, I'm the one who SUCKS

Can do! I'm Mr. Meeseeks!

gently caress those people (didn't get the whole phrase while making it loopable...that'd take some work)

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 6, 2014

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Cacafuego posted:

Rewatching the anatomy park episode now. Am I the only one bothered that the attack on the train was by E. coli represented as bacteriophages?

I think it's still my favorite episode though. puffy vagina

That bothered me, too.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Anony Mouse posted:

Could he be so nihilistic that he doesn't even give a poo poo about dying?

Or so drunk.

This episode started strong but went downhill pretty quick. Not that I regret watching it, just that they set the bar so goddamn high in the last two.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

I loved how the ending defied expectations. There were so many outs set up for Morty Jr (returns to his home planet, finally takes up dancing, murdered by Rick, etc) but out of nowhere Mr Marmaduke shows up and Morty Jr decides to channel his lust for murder and ultra violence into writing.

Just like Roiland and Harmon.

Or Seth McFarlane.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Rick is mis-everything.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

OmegaBR posted:

But I digress. I liked the episode, it just didn't seem to have that Rick & Morty uniqueness we've become accustomed to. At least not until the very end with the Marmaduke guy and Morty Jr. writing the book.

All I could think of with that scene was Stan Lee in Mallrats, and Hugh Hefner with Brian in Family Guy. It was still funnier than either of those, though.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Does Rick have argyria?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The crazy non sequitur bullshit comes full circle and becomes directly relevant to the framing story, which then after the credits drives more non sequitur bullshit. Not only that, they managed to bring events from a previous episode into the actual plot, where before we haven't seen anything come back except "wubba lubba dub dub;" AND they might have resolved the recurring impending divorce subplot.

They out-futuramaed Futurama and subverted their encroachment into Family Guy territory.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Mar 19, 2014

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Veryslightlymad posted:

when the plot kept randomly changing second by second on the Meseeks episode

What?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I don't know why the Buttertron's dejectedly lobbing an entire stick of butter into Rick's TV dinner right before this cracks me up so much, but I can't stop giggling about it.
Buttertron = Rick's NEPTR

Rocksicles posted:

Anyone gif the sulking butterbot? it had me in loving hysterics.

Also in Meeseeks what was Morty holding at the begining when he killed his family, it looked like an old Nintendo cartridge game

Yes, it totally does. I LIKE THINGS THAT I REMEMBER

This episode is now the one that I will be using to introduce newbies to the show from now on or until it is surpassed. Bye-bye Meeseeks.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Mar 25, 2014

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
What job that hires teenagers isn't evil, anyway?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Canned Panda posted:

Neither turned out how I wanted, but :effort:

What software are you using?

Anyway: I just set the first frame for half a second or so and the last for about 1 second. Changes the whole mood while still keeping the motion intact. You can do a lot with frame timing. Animation Shop managed to squeeze a few K out as well.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Spaceman Future! posted:

I love the idea of the council of Ricks, it looks like in most dimensions Rick is pretty serious about order and universe domination, at least enough that a ton of Ricks show up. Ill bet our Rick is just the maverick, the lone anti-authority drunk dick Rick that all the other Ricks look down on making him suspect numero uno for Rickocide.

Why is it two weeks away whyyyyy

That gives you two weeks to watch the Time Court episodes of Superjail.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Superjail is good if you DON'T THINK ABOUT IT!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Pyroi posted:

She already got her adventures when she was a child. Let the rest of the family have some now.

She drinks for a reason.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I wanted to use the butter one here (EDIT: Where it's dropping the butter into the peas) but it's actually .2 kb over the limit. Could you possibly tamper with it if possible please :blush:

drat. Looks like I didn't run the optimization wizard on that one. I sped up the drop a bit, made it look more angry.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
IT's not like you have to do them at the same time. You can always come around.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Space T Rex posted:

If anybody remembers me, I hereby formally retract my opinion that Rick gives me a gandalf-only-use-magic(science)-when-necessary vibe. He actually makes sentient butter passing robots.

He has a pretty loose definition of "necessary," given the Meeseeks, and the alternate reality goggles. Though "getting rid of the family" might rank pretty high on his necessity scale I guess.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
If you thought the premise was cool and would like to listen to or read something similar, check out "Waiting for a Me Like You" by Chris Willrich. It is friggin' awesome.

http://www.starshipsofa.com/blog/2013/04/03/starshipsofa-no-283-chris-willrich/

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I'm pretty sure the Citadel of Ricks is a Mass Effect reference. The design, the council chamber thingy, and the fact that they call it "The Citadel of Ricks."

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Was the Citadel of Ricks meant to look like the Citadel in Mass Effect?

I thought that too, I hope that Typical weighs in on this.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Rocksicles posted:

I did say probably. All i remember about Washington is he had wooden teeth and didn't pay for his flag because there wasn't a green moon on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7iVsdRbhnc

Twelve stories high, made of radiation.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
His ball throwing arm is pretty strong.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Daktar posted:

I binge watched the entire series last night, and the one thing that stuck out to me the most was Puppet Rick's spectrum of good to evil Ricks. I wonder if at the far end of the good side there's a Dr. Quest style science hero Rick. Seeing someone like him interact with our Rick would be hilarious.

There probably is, but I'll bet he eats poo poo.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I hope we get to see the most evil Rick.

It's actually Gunter from Adventure Time.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

prefect posted:

The weird part is that Jerry's not using the shotgun at that point -- Beth is.

He wishes she had his penis in her hands. What's so weird?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
You wanna notice something about the end of that episode, notice how they were slaughtering Cronenbergs, but the Cronenbergs weren't actually trying to hurt them, they were just sorta standing around.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Yeah, in Cronenberg-R&M's timeline/dimension, everybody was already cronenbergs, then Rick Potion #9 turned them into "regular normal humans." I suppose in a perfect world, they would have just switched places with story-R&M, but that is just another layer of the joke to me.

Perfect, in that both pairs end up in worlds where everyone is traumatized by their physical transformations.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

null posted:

Watched most of the season and this is a great show, one of the best on Adult Swim. The only annoying thing that they should drop for season 2 is Rick burping all the time.

The only annoying thing that you should drop for season 2 is you breathing all the time.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Will they make a full episode of Ball Fondlers?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I don't mean another episode of Rick and Morty with Ball Fondlers in it. I mean an episode of Ball Fondlers with no mention of Rick or Morty, separate from the Rick and Morty series like the X-tacles, or dropped in the middle of a cliff hanger like Terrence and Phillip

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

CelticPredator posted:

I would love one episode of Ball Fondler's. As well as the return of Lincler. That character is too awesome for a one time joke.

Bring back too much, too often, and the show could devolve into self-reference. ATHF did that poo poo the right way with the meeting of all the antagonists.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The 4th and part of the 5th season of adventure time were pretty bad about that before the show got back on track.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

prefect posted:

I think Archer kind of shot itself in the foot with that awesome montage of "stuff that's going to happen" (only half of which actually did) in the first episode. Also, it seemed to lean pretty hard on a small number of jokes.

I have never watched Archer, but Frisky Dingo did this, too.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Exactly this. I wouldn't even mind seeing a Meeseeks in the background cleaning. If a Meeseeks never speaks on this show again, that'll be okay! As for the inter-dimensional tv, I think we are also on the same page.

What if it's a one-per-season Halloween Special/Anthology of Interest kind of thing?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Orgia Carnaval posted:

I binged through this show in about 4 hours and man it really surprised in how funny and clever it can be. I also like the parts where Rick's the supreme smartass of cartoon history and he makes me laugh

Your post with Jim Silly Balls av above made me think: Rick is Professor Farnsworth + Bender.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

japtor posted:

I like the idea that they now have unlimited possibilities but just watch Ball Fondlers all the time.

You can't improve on perfection.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

johntfs posted:

Nah, best ending is "Rixty Minutes" with the photo-montage of the visit to Hamsters-in-Butts world.

How could anyone not think "Something Ricked" had the best ending?

Imasalmon posted:

Well, Rick was given a voucher for a free Morty, so they clearly have some way to cultivate them.

There are an infinite number of realities, there should be realities where there is a Morty, but Rick is either dead or not otherwise in need of his Morty.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

CelticPredator posted:

I think it's done? Not sure what else I can do with it. But you guys helped me a poo poo ton, so I appreciate that.

shirt

Except that it isn't legally safe.

:thejoke:?

• Locked thread