Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«180 »
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL

Mob posted:

My favorite game is Open, Pass. I doubt I am alone.
The Extreme Ways moment. I should rewatch the show.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Just watched Burglary game, it was one of only times where I saw the strategy unfolding before it was explained (little villiage goes over to large villiage and convince them to send over their members)

Gura behavior changed in this one, I don't know if it was just frustration in him being on the outs on strategy sessions or he grew tired of the game.

The death match game I went back and forth wondering if he was being strategic or just wanting it to end because I cannot imagine that Gura was not counting the cards as well.
I don't think Gura got tired or frustrated, except at the end of the main game when he realized he'd hosed the strategy for it. Card counting also isn't as widely known a skill as you might think, and even if you know about it, it can take some practice. I think Gura just was trying to read Jinho's reaction. A bigger thing is that Gura was the right player for the first half of the show, where social play was more important and even if you misread the game rules, as long as you didn't completely tank you had a good chance of surviving.

The village game is not only when the limits of Gura's approach are revealed, it's when a handful of players who had been laying back suddenly leap into the forefront in ways that are incredible distillations of their personalities, strengths, weaknesses, and play styles. It's a huge turning point in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Kitiara posted:

Jeremy!!!

Hahaha, of all the things to become something I'm known for on the internet, this is the most wholesome and it makes me smile whenever it comes up. Still waiting on season 2, but somehow I have a feeling the moment has passed.

Mob posted:

My favorite game is Open, Pass. I doubt I am alone.

Open Pass is a great episode (Probably my favorite), but I'd definitely shy away from saying it's my favorite game. I think its a terrible game that was saved by a really cool moment.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

God's Judgement is the closest one for me.

This is the resource I've been using for my 3rd rewatch since most of Bumdi's Dailymotion links got nuked. Season 1 is still on youtube at least.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheGenius/...the_genius_s14/

Crime Scene s3 is still on most of the Korean streaming sites at least.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Although most of the Crime Scene 3 standalone subs (at least the ones from Reddit) aren't available anymore, sadly. I was fortunate enough to get the streams to work for the ones I didn't have, which was only two episodes.

I also just finished watching the season. I had lost interest since it didn't seem as good, but it really picked up by around Episode 4-5 and most of the rest are good. Dongmin makes his ep entertaining at least. Episode 11 was the only really bad one. I thought the finale was quite good. I wasn't totally certain of my guess until about 40 seconds to go when I realized the awards show was part of the game! I'd noticed the clue earlier but though it didn't actually count.

Also really happy for the winner. She's almost the only reason I kept watching the show; hope she returns if there's a Season 4. I do wonder if will come back, though

«180 »