Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Strong Ax Girl for life tho.

I'm probably gonna give Society Game a look, although it seems more "traditional" reality show than Genius - it reads like a cross between that and Survivor, kinda? I also want Jinho fangirl to be very powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Dias posted:

I'm probably gonna give Society Game a look, although it seems more "traditional" reality show than Genius - it reads like a cross between that and Survivor, kinda? I also want Jinho fangirl to be very powerful.

The way they were talking it sounded like Jinho is going to be on the show.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dias posted:

Her super power is kakao chatting Jinho

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Zythrst posted:

The way they were talking it sounded like Jinho is going to be on the show.
Another contestant specifically referenced doing as well as Dongmin, and someone else talked about not being impressed with Yoohyun. It sure sounds like some of the Genius alumni are going to be involved somehow.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Pssh look at this scrub couldn't even win the Cool Guy Contest.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Zythrst posted:

Pssh look at this scrub couldn't even win the Cool Guy Contest.
Being in a cool guy contest pretty much disqualifies you from winning a cool guy contest.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Dias posted:

This comparison reminds me of a different show and makes me feel better about it already. No matter how bad it might be, it's certainly going to be better than Code: Secret Room which was basically what if you took The Genius and badly mashed it with a generic Escape the Room flash game.

It was around from like January to March this year and the reason it hasn't come up in-thread before is that it was so awful that Bumdy went and said it was the worst show of 2016. In January.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
For some reason I can't think of anything but Kid Nation when I think of Society Game.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I'll be completely. It looks like Survivor but with Hyungs and Noonas. As much as I trust the maker of the show to provide me with something entertaining I'm a little worried it won't give me the Genius/Crime Scene fix I'm used to from him.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uASN8KacCgs
Society Game Rules.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sounds a lot like a more sophisticated version of Survivor.

Which sounds pretty neat, tbh. Survivor has the bones of a clever show, its the casting and editing that makes it trashy.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Fsmxr1InY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uku_5Pi-dAw

Snippets from the show

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

this seems overly scripted

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
The first episode should air on October 16th, plus the amount of time it takes Bum to translate.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHhbGf6Wubk

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Bumdi subbed a recent interview with Dongmin, Jinho, and the creator of the show during a TVN festival about the show and its possible future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxyhhOlgz7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7BMhcaTBC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_znM78VzJ94

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzXjKyrhQeg

Edit: I think Ah-Young might be the interviewer.

qbert fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 9, 2016

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
That is indeed Ahyoung. Thanks for posting that! Not a ton of new info but it reminds me how much I want a season 5.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You can tell it's Ahyoung if Dongmin pretends to be a tiger and she laughs till she cries.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
https://twitter.com/Sangminsghost/status/785137694661709829

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Well, according to the Facebook reviews Bumbdi is posting on Twitter right now Society Game is really good.

I for one am psyched.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Glad to hear it, it sure sounds interesting!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Okay I have finally taken enough time away that I can watch Season Four without getting too stressed about people leaving because I like them all and love most of them. Can't believe I didn't notice Extreme Ways was back for Jinho's introduction! Still not sure who is my main babe between him and Dongmin tbh. I think Jinho might still edge it because I have a really good memory too and it's how I did really well in academics growing up.

e: though this is probably my favourite moment because it was so badass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c71OKu3JqI

E2: gently caress yeah I forgot grandpa was in this season

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 15, 2016

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
The Genius previews The Society Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QViNg5QjDw

They really toss "god" around a lot.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Okay I have finally taken enough time away that I can watch Season Four without getting too stressed about people leaving because I like them all and love most of them. Can't believe I didn't notice Extreme Ways was back for Jinho's introduction! Still not sure who is my main babe between him and Dongmin tbh. I think Jinho might still edge it because I have a really good memory too and it's how I did really well in academics growing up.

e: though this is probably my favourite moment because it was so badass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c71OKu3JqI

E2: gently caress yeah I forgot grandpa was in this season

My favorite part of Dongmin going "I'll come last" is that no matter how hard he tries, he still ends up with a token of life. And actually stands around saying "how did this happen?"

Max fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 15, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah it was wonderful! I wonder if with so many legendary players the games will still bend around Dongmin's will. I'm going to watch one episode a week with my cheat meal to make it last. I have just seen the first half of the season opener and I wonder if I was right in my prediction Sangmin would be figured out by now because he looks in trouble in the flash forward. Then again I suspect it is more likely a fakeout.

e: yeonseug :cmon: a team with Jinho and Dongmin is godly even if it's just you three

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 15, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I was a bit disappointed that a alliance of ten people formed but then out of nowhere Junseok was just like

I wanna be number one. Haven't finished the episode but regardless glad someone decided gently caress it.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

S4E6 :vince:

please tell me that hitchiker song is never used again

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to tell you yes, but I think it shows up once more?

I've been rewatching season 1 recently, and it's amazing how much I've forgotten. Sangmin and Sunggyu are great, and it's fun to watch everyone develop a paranoia about Sangmin and Gura every week.

Winning Streak game is still terrible except for Minseo giving Jinho his own garnet back to save her. I forgot they repeated that game so many times in season 1.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

NeuroticLich posted:

I'd like to tell you yes, but I think it shows up once more?

I've been rewatching season 1 recently, and it's amazing how much I've forgotten. Sangmin and Sunggyu are great, and it's fun to watch everyone develop a paranoia about Sangmin and Gura every week.

Winning Streak game is still terrible except for Minseo giving Jinho his own garnet back to save her. I forgot they repeated that game so many times in season 1.

It took until season 4 for that game to evolve into something actually good. It was almost there in season 3, but then the Lawyer discovered that ties end in a draw and broke it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Got up to the Deathmatch in the opening episode of season four. I really hope Junseok survives and not just because it'd be awful to leave in the first round again. Currently he's the most interesting player in the game. The ten player alliance left a bad taste in my mouth the way previous alliances haven't because it was just so lazy and unfair in a way. I guess I understand the horse race complaints from season three a bit better now. Still this felt quite different especially considering it's The Genius Allstars season. Junseok telling them to all to go gently caress themselves because he didn't like the idea of an alliance and gently caress the consequences was glorious. I'd also really like to see him and Jinho team up and get over the first ever betrayal

I wonder how many people will buy Sangmin's explanation for his actions, it was a classic Sangmin explanation where thinks went perfectly for him but he made it sound like he had no choice. I hope Jinho and Dongmin see through it because they should definitely be too wide for that kind of thing. Kyunhoon is a loving moron. And he's that awful kind of loving moron who thinks he's really smart to boot. Basically I am Hyunmin whenever he has to sit beside Kyunhoon.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

Bumdi has been saying some interesting things about Society Game on twitter https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump

Max
Nov 30, 2002

GenghisTron posted:

Bumdi has been saying some interesting things about Society Game on twitter https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump

I hope Bumdi follows up with "and I'm going to sub it."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EmmyOk posted:

Kyunhoon is a loving moron.

:allears:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Shhhh.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm excited to watch the second episode on Friday and hopefully the contestants will start living up to what I know they can do. I suspect it'll be a bit harder for previous greats than before because now they've no weak people to stand out from. I feel like this game is a test of loyalty more than anything a lot of times (Liar Game and all that). Often the best laid plans fail because someone panics or bails on their team to make themselves the sole winner. Loyalty is why I adore Jinho and Dongmin so much. They display incredible loyalty even at the toughest times. I feel like after being the betrayer in the very first episode Jinho really learned from it and it's great to see how fiercly loyal he is to people. I loved when he didn't want to throw Eunkyul under the bus in season two like the rest of his team did. Yes Eunkyul's request seemed lovely before we knew the dangers of the broadcaster alliance, but he made that request before he helped Jinho's team win and afterwards they became very sanctimonious.

Dongmin, need I say more? I know he didn't always succeed in protecting his team but it's not his fault for the most part. He offered Yeonseong an insanely good deal not to pick his pals and his finish in last place plan was tip top if Yeonjoo hadn't instantly told Yoohyun Dongmin's plan. Even if she hadn't made her decision yet she shouldn't have reavealed what as so obviously a cunning plan to a potential opponent.

I think Yoonsun is my favourite girl an i have a soft spot the size of Texas for her. In the Food Chain game when she put helping her team over helping herself she won by love for ten thousand years. I'd really like to see her work with Dongmin and Jinho.

Convinved a friend to try the show and he is loving it seven episodes in and is a major SunKyu fan :allears: Imagine if they replaced Kyunghoon with SunKyu when casting.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Beautiful Defeats and Ugly Victories.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Max posted:

I hope Bumdi follows up with "and I'm going to sub it."

your wish is granted.

https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump/status/788336657749512192

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rather than make a post everytime something happens in this week's episode I'm just going to keep track of my reactions and post them all at once

+ At the start when they're standing around for people to arrive Sangmin does an incredible Dongmin impression :allears: They also show scene from the previous week where Dongmin says no one even Sangmin for example would be crazy enough to do something to piss 11 people off.

+ Kyungran is still flawless but needs to stop bullying sweet and pure Jinho, clearly jealous he iced her in the season one finale. Even Yohwan took a game off Sangmin!

+ I feel kind of bad that nobody wants Kyunghoon even though he brought it on himself from last week, that said when other people have been frozen out in other seasons they dealt with it and didn't just mope around until Sangmin told them what to do.

+ I was hoping Dongmin would tell Sangmin to get bent when Sangmin invited him to an alliance. Dongmin doesn't seem totally sold at least. I'm glad him and Hyunmin have just sat down for a chat because I love their relationship.

+ I was hoping for a Dongmin/Jinho team up but I'd also like to see Jinho and Yoohyun team up because I think Yoohyun could be dece. I was super impressed when he noticed Sangmin's card switch last week.

+ How could I forget about Dongmin's incredible fussiness and sensitivity! Amazing! I like how when he was showing it off Kyungran and Yeonseong were unsure but instantly Sangmin was staring wide eyed because he knew the Dong is amazing.

Lmao the show literally stopped to say "we didn't think that was possible" :pusheen:

+ Surprised Yoonsun can't make allies because I literally love her and she's not dumb or treacherous. She should team up with Jinho and then marry him imho.

+ The coin mechanic in this race is really cool and it reminds me of the predator alliance eating itself in the opening of season two. Except this time Dongmin realised ahead of time they were in danger.

+ "Yoohyun " I'm weary of other people because they're good but I'm wary of Kyunghoon because ehhh um he's eh a loose cannon. Not dumb. Not that."

+ Jinho pulled out three green ones. Could be a coincidence but tentatively my heart is beginning to pick up speed

+ Junseok pulled out three same colour discs, heart beat is now at a canter. Lol at Sangmin's bitter "oh what did our Jinho discover this time"

+ lmao just lmao, I was kind of hoping for a God Jinho moment this season :saddowns:

+ Like that Jinho and Junseok seem to be bros now though :unsmith:

End of Part 1

e: Part two was cool and I was most impressed by Yoonsun supporting the MinMinMin alliance while making it look like she was supporting Jinho's. By far the most Genius move of the game. Both alliances did poorly and misunderstood the fundamental idea of the game wrt alliances in different ways. Gonna watch the Deathmatch tomorrow.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 22, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Okay I guess I lied about not threadshitting because I just started the Deathmatch for episode 2 and tactitcal Yutnori with these teams is actually so loving good. Really balanced deathmatch imo and no idea who will take it. Hoping Yohwan wins because I like him a bit more than Yeonseung but either is fine

e: I hope Yohwan and Jinho brought their pro gaming tracksuits with them as well as get early 2000s haircuts

e2: lmao that everyone instantly acknowledges the legendary status of this death match being as good as a main match

e3: Dongmin laughing at them when he outffoxed them on the first two moves was good but Jinho doing it back to him was better lmao

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That is the best showing of tactical Yut Nori because it goes by so quickly, you can actually watch the entire match.