Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

From the episode 1 preview, I wonder what happened to Jinho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeWdhNJZJzI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

alkanphel posted:

I really hope they skip this season all those sequences of "2 hours later" and potentially spoil the outcome.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Zythrst posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FM_VKR7cR4

Just little mini interview while creating those posters, Yohwan actually being pretty funny here.
Hahaha Sangmin in his suit and extra suit and thick framed glasses saying "Regardless of who wins s4, I just hope they can be celebrated for fair play."

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Fast Luck posted:

Hahaha Sangmin in his suit and extra suit and thick framed glasses saying "Regardless of who wins s4, I just hope they can be celebrated for fair play."

I give him 2 episodes until he's openly back to being a literal ball of slime

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Tonfa posted:

I give him 2 episodes until he's openly back to being a literal ball of slime

you shouldn't be so generous

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm super behind but can I please get a screencap of this

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Suspicious Dish posted:

you shouldn't be so generous

He'll hide it for as long as necessary.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Hat Thoughts posted:

Hahaha the swastika

is a buddhist symbol

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Zythrst posted:

Just little mini interview while creating those posters, Yohwan actually being pretty funny here.

Is this going to be the final season?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Is this going to be the final season?

From what people have heard, "Grand Final" is just a name and they're still open to more seasons.

alkanphel posted:

This made me so irrationally happy. :allears:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

ViggyNash posted:

From what people have heard, "Grand Final" is just a name and they're still open to more seasons.

Jinho is gonna get betrayed and kicked off episode 1. Karma is a bitch man.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Zythrst posted:

Yohwan is completely self-conscious (contrast to s2's "I'll put Jinho on his place :cool:"). Meanwhile Tittygod is... Dressed like a clown?

The Genius 4 - No one would look forward to that

ViggyNash posted:

Other than classic Crime Scene's "Jinho losing his poo poo", I'm happy that it seems like people are up to shenanigans in the first episode. Season 3's first main match was a snorefest.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Symbolic Butt posted:

I want to see the detective be the criminal. It sounds like the kind of troll the production would pull off eventually.

If they're going to do that this season then next episode is the time to do it. Having everyone unite to figure out the super hidden criminal would be pretty amazing. I think that's too much of an unexpected troll for them to pull off though, and it requires way too much of a leap of deduction of the cast. Even if some clues start pointing toward the detective, it's just too big an advantage for them. You have two votes, you can literally steer the entire discussion any way you desire, and you're guaranteed to be the least suspected person.

I expect season 3 will eliminate the detective role and get back to everyone being a suspect. It's been a fun thing for this season, but it's more intriguing when you have 6 suspects instead of 5 and normal voting powers. Way more criminals were caught this season compared to season 1 as well, and I think the detective plays a big part in that. I'd also like to see occasional Crime Scene specials. I don't know anything about the schedules, contracts, or business-y stuff at all, but how amazing would it be to have a Running Man cast episode of Crime Scene? Man... now I REALLY want to see that. Kwang Soo would be so suspected. Have Ji Suk Jin or Kim Jong Kook play the victim right at the start. Just so many fun ways they could go with it. Or hell, Running Man tends to have few really good ideas lately, just do a Crime Scene themed RM episode.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Pretty sure they've done exactly what you're looking a few times.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
Oh man this show is incredible. Skipped season 1 and 2 and just jumped into s3 and while the main games for ep1 and ep2 were a little too dense/long the death matches are really interesting. Especially the Rock Paper Scissor one where you have to factor in who gave what information to your opponent. Really interesting and tense. Gonna start on the next ep (middle-race) which looks great too.

also all koreans under 40 look 16

edit: Ya this ep rules

thehandtruck fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 18, 2015

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

If you like season 3, season 1 is a must. Season 3 is good but season 1 is still a pretty much perfect game show with an incredible cast.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

thehandtruck posted:

Oh man this show is incredible. Skipped season 1 and 2 and just jumped into s3 and while the main games for ep1 and ep2 were a little too dense/long the death matches are really interesting. Especially the Rock Paper Scissor one where you have to factor in who gave what information to your opponent. Really interesting and tense. Gonna start on the next ep (middle-race) which looks great too.

also all koreans under 40 look 16

edit: Ya this ep rules

When you get a chance go back and watch Season 1, which is phenomenal (besides the deathmatches, which are all pretty bad).

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

sharktamer posted:

Pretty sure they've done exactly what you're looking a few times.

They've done similar games, but not quite the same. There's been plenty of times where there's a spy or traitor and there are clues to his or her identity, but I certainly can't recall a full crime scene setup.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHdQBW6erD4

I really can't wait for this season to start.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

MisterZimbu posted:

When you get a chance go back and watch Season 1, which is phenomenal (besides the deathmatches, which are all pretty bad).

Ya I'll check it out for sure, is season 2 just not worth it? Is Dongmin in there? That dude and the littler guy from Korea's MIT are really smart and entertaining.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

thehandtruck posted:

Ya I'll check it out for sure, is season 2 just not worth it? Is Dongmin in there? That dude and the littler guy from Korea's MIT are really smart and entertaining.

In my opinion every season is worth watching, it's just some are more worth it than others.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

thehandtruck posted:

Watch season 1 first, then when you are itching for more because season 1 just ended you might as well watch season 2.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

thehandtruck posted:

2 is ok, but not as good as 3 and no where near as good as 1

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I really loved s3 but s1 is pretty much unbeatable

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My view on Season 2 is that there is a lot more of the social aspect in play during that season then there was with Season 1, and waaay less attempts to create interesting solutions to the games that they are presented with. Season 3 has a nice mix of both, but also suffered a little from the fallout to what happened during the shenanigans of S2.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah but also the "social aspect" from s2 was lousy because it was mostly based on pregame relationships and positions, not the kind of good social play Kyungran had in season one. The alliance was then able to outweigh the actual game play. And then s2 also had the meta aspect of like magician dude being aware of that and trying to throw a challenge to change it, plus the whole thing with Doohee, all of which I found more disappointing than fun. On the bright side, there was the politician and a close showdown in the finals.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Subyng posted:

is a buddhist symbol

WHAT THE-??? NO WAY!!!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
When I see a giant glowing swastika, thought #1 is definitely reflecting on the buddhist origins of the symbol

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

When I see a giant glowing swastika, thought #1 is definitely reflecting on the buddhist origins of the symbol

A swastika is angled differently.

Alternatively: Buddha really hated them jews.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I can't wait for the correctly angled swastika to appear in an episode of Scooby Doo Visits The Buddhist Temple

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's a Korean show dude

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

It's a Korean show dude

Hat Thoughts posted:

WHAT THE-??? NO WAY!!!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
DOOHEEEEEEE

That episode still makes me mad.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Hat Thoughts posted:

It probably would be your first thought if you live in Asia (Korea is in Asia, btw) where the swastika was a Buddhist symbol long before Hitler adopted it, and still is.

Can't tell if you're being purposely obtuse here.

It's like watching an old Charlie Chaplin film and saying "hahaha a Hitler mustache"

Subyng fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 19, 2015

Subyng
May 4, 2013
I bet you laugh everytime you see "Dongmin" because DONGS LOL

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Max posted:

My view on Season 2 is that there is a lot more of the social aspect in play during that season then there was with Season 1, and waaay less attempts to create interesting solutions to the games that they are presented with. Season 3 has a nice mix of both, but also suffered a little from the fallout to what happened during the shenanigans of S2.

If by "social aspect" you mean Sangmin has everyone on puppet strings then yeah that description totally works. (I really, really hate that season)

If you're trying to be funny, stop. If not, stop trying to be proud of your ignorance.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 20, 2015

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
My original post was that seeing a swastika come up on the screen and then glow and shine was funny - due to how incongruent it was. The response is "Well, actually the swastika doesn't have the same level of meaning there as it does in the US" to which my response is "duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Hat Thoughts posted:

"duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
What the gently caress else do you expect us to get out of

Hat Thoughts posted: