Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The OP has a video with English narration, is it getting internationally released?
Also this trailer is in the related videos and its hilarious cause the narration sounds like something they would put on a commercial for toddlers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkGG_iQF7ws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

How sensitive do you have to be that that would ruin it for you?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Gwang Soo wouldn't last the first round before he suicided by backstabbing his alliance. Get Jong Kook in there.

When can we expect episode 2 btw?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I don't think Hong Chul will make it to the end, he's too flashy and noticable. Last time players like him (the old guy who ran the mob esque group with Sangmin in it) started getting eliminated around halfway

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

There was some swearing in the BTS footage. Mostly mild stuff, related to Starcraft lingo.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Is it me or is Eunkyul a bit of an idiot? He hasn't really done anything good at all yet.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The deathmatch really was a match of Dumb vs Dumber, seriously both those guys are idiots who haven't done a single smart move yet. Also I'm really looking forward to next week, Dohee time!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

If nothing else, Sunggyu is probably the only reason the show even got translated in the first place.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ah the old youtubes had a lot of comments from his fangirls so I just assumed she was one of them.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

No, the subber. Unless you are her and this is getting even more complicated.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Jiwon and YooYoung need to die, if either if them win its loving bullshit. Only good people left are Jinho and the old dude who just kinda stumbles around. Hongchul and Yohwan are mixed, gently caress the rest.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I found him okay at first but he went too far this time, it doesn't really matter though since he's not winner material.

Also there's some stuff floating around about future guests they invite to help, some obvious spoilers for who will make it how far if you know which korean celeb knows which season 1 contestant. Don't read if you don't want to know who survives!:
Sunggyu, Kyungran, Jung Moon, Changyeop

Davincie fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 15, 2014

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ironic Twist posted:

I mean, you're well within your right to get mad at a guy like Jiwon and I can see where it comes from, because watching an earnest guy like Doohee get so completely taken is a hard thing. But it's a game. You can argue that he played the game in a lovely or underhanded way, but he still played the game. I don't see where this "mafia" or "bullying" stuff comes from, if anything I thought they were pretty respectful about things (while spitting on his back, I guess I don't know if that makes it better or worse). They just kept lying, and he kept believing them, and that's why they're still in the competition and he's not. I can't muster up enough righteous anger for this one.

...Also, are you sure you want to compare yourself to a bunch of anonymous Internet commenters?

Internet comments are a big deal in Korea. More then 10.000 people combined like those first two pissed off comments. The next bunch of top rated angry commetns all got around 4500 likes each too.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Soylentbits posted:

About Sangmin:
Was Sangmin's clue really that powerful? We have no indication that he even knew what his clue meant until Yohwan straight up asked if he got a password for a safe. The Street Sign clue seems equally powerful to me. Also Yohwan is the worst player and politician dude is secretly the best. Politician dude states cutthroat strategies all the time but nobody ever really thinks about him as anything but a nice and clueless older guy. I trust Sangmin's judgment of him.

Can you name some examples for the old guy? Genuinely curious.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I will be organizing the Jiwon hate group and Junghyun support group at my house every monday

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Agreed on it being a horrible analogy.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Imo Hongchul really messed up, should have just followed the Junghyun plan once he got even. Still, Junghyun fighting!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I thought this was a pretty cute moment:

She was so happy!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tonfa posted:

He never got even, at best he was still -1.

Wait did he start further back or am I misunderstanding the game?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ah I missed that.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tonfa posted:

S2E8 BTS - Sangmin was the mastermind all along! :argh:

Some trailer for another show with Jinho/Sangmin/Doohee/Gura - I want to see the full thing subbed so badly. The salty runback feat. Extreme Ways! :allears:

Why can't Junghyun just be a secret mastermind damnit?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Bankok posted:

Sangmin is pretty much unstoppable at this point.

he got 'lucky' again. Still Junghyun will crush the bastard.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Running man guys, you can also slowly download (or watch online) all episodes here, with the best subtitles possible:
http://www.isubs-squad.com/download?s=1

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Eunkyul needed to do some magic, I saw him in another variety show and he managed it there on the spot so it's not like he requires tons of preparation.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

We're going to need a link for that, sir.

I don't have a link but its either episode 20 or 21 of heroes. He does some basic magic while in a restaurant.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

MisterZimbu posted:

In good news, from what I can tell it looks like The Genius format has been sold to The Netherlands:

http://www.bothersbar.co.uk/?p=7937

Be pretty cool if the show could get picked up in more countries.

That's horrible news because the amount of funny and smart Dutch celebs is so incredibly small you wouldn't even be able to fill a single season with them. Even our celebrity quizs grasp so hard people like 'guy who got attacked in France and was in the news once' can participate.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

He played a Dutch guy once on tv so it's close enough really.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

They don't and the countries don't start with the same letter.............

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Douwe posted:

Also he is responsible for the shows visuals? wtf?

I don't expect much more then the hacker last season but it would be amusing if everything was dressed up like your local asian pharmacy and most questions had to do with related subjects such as acupuncture

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

This new rule is good because it shows they care about feedback, which is one thing i've always appreciated from Korean game shows.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

even if something is within the rules it can be an rear end in a top hat move, see constant tackling in sports or standing in the corner of a fighting game and spamming a ranged move

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Hm. the asian doctor lost his weird hairstyle

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

CHiRAL posted:

I really hope they didn't suddenly remember the existence of copyright laws and decided to get rid of Extreme Ways for good... especially since the replacement seems to be that awful me me me song :sigh:

Someone told me way back with season 1 korean tb channels have licenses that enable them to not care about copyright stuff

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

sharktamer posted:

Even if the criminal team did gently caress up huge, Hyunmin's final strategy was still pretty awesome and it was really impressive how quickly he relayed his plan to the village and got them on his side.

Did anyone catch this following the reveal of his plan but before the village team had actually won? I mean, it was obvious village had won but this pretty much threw away all doubts that there was another turnaround by mafia. Nice job genius editors.

I can't believe more people aren't siding against Yongsuk for his threatening of all the team players, it left a really bad taste in my mouth. There was no bartering, no persuasion, just threats. What's more irritating is that none of the people he threatened thought, "gently caress this guy, threaten me and I'll gently caress you over", and then side with Kyunghoon or even just simply betray Yongsuk. Does he just get away with being a general arsehole outside of the show and then pulling poo poo like this cos he's an old guy in Korea? The same poo poo happened with Gura, he treated everyone like poo poo and then everyone cried when he got kicked off.

well, he has sued people for joking about him and he's in politics. people might just be afraid. i imagine it will end up costing him though. criminals were pretty dumb this match. the only one who even tried to do something smart was the comics guy.

yeonyoo's clothing was weird.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

he wasn't creepy, just pathetic and terrible player and romancer. He would have never done anything interesting in the game

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

weren't the garnets of those who lost in the death matches given to the winners last season? it seems like here they just 'disappear'

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

clearly thats what black garnets are for, hiring a crack team of old genius players to aid you in deathmatch

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Chainsawdomy posted:

We all agree it's ridiculous that Yeonjoo is still around though right?

she's cute and her incredible lack of acting ability/getting basic concepts of the game is amusing

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i thought the winner was the genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Maduo posted:

Is that an improvement? With a practice game on this last one you'd see much smarter play happening because immediate game ending mistakes like over-talking a move would get exposed immediately. I don't necessarily like sitting through them but I like knowing they happened because it prevents things like how this main match ended.

It feels like everyone's being SUPER conservative with their backstabs early on. There was a tone set with Kyunghoon getting offed after being the only one willing to make a (albeit pointless) dirty move. That more than the games being bad, which I think some of you are hugely overselling, is what I think is screwing things up. It's actually a lot like Liar Game in that way; a bunch of games about being filthy liars are being subverted by brutal honesty. :v:

so if season 3 is the liar game, and season 2 is kaiji (total bastards betting, lives being ruined and rules being broken) what is season 1??