Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
First episode was great, and I was happy to see the first eliminated player was who it was, as he gave me an arrogant rear end in a top hat vibe. Though that wasn't even entirely his fault unless he was insisting that they get his IQ correct as if 3 points really needed a correction and fawning over for his introduction. The jump cuts to his twitching face might have had a lot to do with it too. The only better way to dunk that guy would have been the last trader giving him the 0. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

Shakugan posted:

Then there's the woman host straight up telling Hongchul to take a photo. It was funny sure, but really, what the hell? They should never be allowed to give hints to the players.

Have you ever watched someone take 10 minutes to type in a bunch of visual information to a smartphone before? It's infuriating just being nearby. As soon as they showed him typing it into his phone I was saying exactly what unnamed woman host said. Besides, it didn't have much of anything to do with the game considering the board was constantly on display and the number of chips everyone had wasn't the core strategy, it was about making alliances and then using those to kill the minority regardless of what they had chipwise.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I've hated Jiwon since his stupid "what? me??" face when it was revealed he was being targeted by Eunkyul, and realizing that he hadn't done a single interesting thing before that so I didn't actually know who he was. gently caress that uninteresting jackass. Yooyoung has proven to be capable and wasn't holding the ID in any case, not to mention the death match/real life phone call slimeyness was Jiwon again and not her. It's not about ~the rules~ it's about sportsmanship and what makes for enjoyable TV. I'm not watching this show for the super cutthroat dick moves that make grown men tear up, this show has been awesome specifically because the contestants conducted themselves with some degree of class and awareness that it is a TV game show and not a life or death struggle. Duhee being a big baby about it wasn't cool either, but there wasn't anything he could offer to give or do that would be more valuable to Jiwon than Duhee's guaranteed deathmatch placement. Ball was firmly in Jiwon's court and he decided multiple times to be as much of a dick as he could.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

Yohwan is a dumb idiot babby in the main games. He's constantly formed alliances and then hosed over his partners immediately for reasons he cannot even explain because he is too dumb to follow his own plan or to find ways to gently caress over his partners in ways that make him win. He just sinks himself and everyone around him. Then he plays it off like a :master: when by sheer luck one of the other players makes an even worse mistake, and the people he sets up to win (everyone outside of his alliances) don't eliminate him because he's such an idiot in the main game but is considered to be a strong deathmatch player. And no I will not believe that he is feigning incompetence even if they do an hour long Keyser Soze montage if he wins.

Rooting for Junghyun now, though my favorites were Jinho, Dahye, and Yooyoung. Junghyun went from bumbling token old guy to legit player in the span of this one deathmatch. Sangmin winning would be kind of boring honestly, he's never left his position of near absolute power and luck this season with the immortality token which was thanks in large part to yet another Yohwan idiot moment.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

The cast this season is alright. The problem is the games are mediocre and they do not give room for players to do anything individually without it being a suicidal strategy. Also they're a bit too scared of the image problems people got in season 2 for being assholes, so what the hell can they do but play the social game and try to negotiate other people into losing.

Sacro fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 27, 2014

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

Crime Scene 2 owns so far.

olin posted:

What I was saying has nothing to do with race.

You're fooling yourself with rationalizations. "I don't hate them, I just hate the country they have made and the way they all act. Except the good ones that act like white people. Also they are pedophiles." Welcome to the thread where people talk about an entertainment TV show. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

Singing and speaking without foreign accents are very different levels of :effort:

Also you have an accent.

e: I came here to post that this season owns.

Sacro fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 21, 2015